All Things Baseball Lounge

Comments

• MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Chubbs wrote: »
    I can't believe the turnaround my Twins have had. From 4-5 years of absolute misery to now being 3 games in first place.
    It's so good to finally be competitive again. :blush:

That seems like the story of the the Twins every 3-5 years. They go from bottom feeders to playoffs every couple years. Their farm system is a thing of beauty. Always have 4-5 top players there.
    Yeah it does sort of seem to go in cycles. The future is looking bright now though with the likes of Polanco, Kepler, Sano, even Buxton who is a defensive gem in CF! :)

I would like to see us add another starting pitcher though, because Gibson is awful but lukily the other starters have done really well. Even Berrios has pitched really well after having a rough start to his career.

I hope the Braves can get better too! :)
  • Chubbs
    14226 posts Has That Special Something
    I can't believe the turnaround my Twins have had. From 4-5 years of absolute misery to now being 3 games in first place.

That seems like the story of the the Twins every 3-5 years. They go from bottom feeders to playoffs every couple years. Their farm system is a thing of beauty. Always have 4-5 top players there.
    Yeah it does sort of seem to go in cycles. The future is looking bright now though with the likes of Polanco, Kepler, Sano, even Buxton who is a defensive gem in CF! :)

I would like to see us add another starting pitcher though, because Gibson is awful but lukily the other starters have done really well. Even Berrios has pitched really well after having a rough start to his career.

Got to see Buxton and Sano play a lot in the minors they were here when Chattanooga (where I live) had the Twins Double A team. Loved watching Buxton.
  • MaddMike3711

Got to see Buxton and Sano play a lot in the minors they were here when Chattanooga (where I live) had the Twins Double A team. Loved watching Buxton.
    He is probably the fastest player I've seen play live. He can absolutely fly and is a real weapon on the bases.
    If he can improve his hitting and even hit .250+ he would be an amazing player. :)

Have you been to any Braves games yet this year? :)
  • Chubbs

He is probably the fastest player I've seen play live. He can absolutely fly and is a real weapon on the bases.
    If he can improve his hitting and even hit .250+ he would be an amazing player. :)

No, been tough financially. Spending all my money getting to Atlanta united matches since I sprung for season tickets. Will definitely get to one though eventually.
  • MaddMike3711

No, been tough financially. Spending all my money getting to Atlanta united matches since I sprung for season tickets. Will definitely get to one though eventually.
    Ah fair enough. I've been to a couple Twins games already but no MN United games. I may go to one though just to say I've been, though they don't really excite me after conceding by far the most goals already. :joy:

That team you have down there is great though, and they absolutely destroyed us. :D
  • Chubbs
  • Chubbs
    The memes coming out of this scuffle are cracking me up.

• maymanpele
    14384 posts Has That Special Something
    So how about them Indians
  • Chubbs
    So glad the MLB banned Coppy for life. Sucks the Braves lose what could be the best prospect in a decade but I would rather win legit than do it because our GM cheated. Clear message to everyone in the MLB though, if you cheat with amateur players your franchise will be anally assaulted.
  • dannyboy
    12796 posts Has That Special Something
    Bregman for MVP
  • Chubbs
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Bregman for MVP

I don't pay attention to the American league much because I hate the DH. Haven't kept up with anything over there except that the angels are continuing to ruin a generational talent in trout.

• Chubbs
  • dannyboy
    50 doubles and 100 RBIs
  • dannyboy
    103 wins, franchise record
  • Chubbs
    Finally broke down and got a PS4 Pro for the Show 19. If anyone else has it let me know. Would love some Diamond Dynasty tips.
  • MaddMike3711
    My Twins are winning again, we are actually looking good this year! :D
  • MaddMike3711
    Twins! That is all. :sunglasses:
  • MaddMike3711
    Was at the Braves vs Twins game tonight, great game but Berríos got absolutely bombed.
    That’s Baldelli’s weakness, is leaving pitchers in too long.
  • Chubbs
    Was at the Braves vs Twins game tonight, great game but Berríos got absolutely bombed.
    That’s Baldelli’s weakness, is leaving pitchers in too long.

Was watching the game. What a fun series. Love the park too, made it to the dome on my last trip (long ago) and will definitely see the new place next time im there.