All Things Baseball Lounge

Comments

• Sabo
    6813 posts Big Money Move
  • maymanpele
    14356 posts Has That Special Something
    Took longer than I expected, but winning in 5 isn't terrible.

The year of Cleveland continues.
  • Dan13
    4642 posts National Call-Up
    Another year of not Toronto :blush:
  • Chubbs
    14222 posts Has That Special Something
    maymanpele wrote: »

You think?
  • maymanpele
    Chubbs wrote: »

You think?

Sarcasm isn't strong with you.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs wrote: »

You think?

Sarcasm isn't strong with you.

Not most of the time.
  • Josh10
    1015 posts Professional
    I put £20 on the Indians to win in July and got odds of 10/1 , hoping they can pull through :)
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Scenes if the Indians bottle a 3-1 series lead
  • twinsdude5
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    Twins 2017 series champs
  • stickey
    edited November 2016
    stickey wrote: »
    If the Cubs finally break their curse when I start watching baseball, I think it's fair to say it was all down to me.

October 13th, 2015.

:blush:

Amazing scenes anyway. All these videos of elderly Cubbies fans celebrating has my heart on strings.
  • Chubbs
    Thats one of the best sports games ever.

Now onto the World Baseball Classic, been saving up myself to hopefully make it to the final.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    we've done it boys
  • Dan13
    4642 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2016
    Edwin Encarnacion has left to join the Indians. The beginning of the end is nigh for the Jays :blush:
  • Chubbs
    Dan13 wrote: »
    Edwin Encarnacion has left to join the Indians. The beginning of the end is nigh for the Jays :blush:

If so they had a good run, were a really fun team to watch for the past couple of years .
  • Chubbs
    http://m.mlb.com/news/article/215433804/team-usas-world-baseball-classic-roster/?topicid=209143850

World baseball classic teams, groups and venues. Going to be fun. Lots of stars and prospects playing.
  • Chubbs
    Always fun to watch Japan's team. Unconventional at time but refreshing to see their style. Should be a fun tournament.
  • Chubbs
    Great win for the US today against Colombia. Puerto Rico against Venezuela up now. Two fun teams to watch.
  • Chubbs
    Good game on now btw.
  • Sabo
    Bumgarner on a mad one
  • Sabo
    Sabo wrote: »
    Bumgarner on a mad one

Cursed him o:)
  • maymanpele
    Anyone going to some games this week? Cleveland is playing in Texas, and since I live near Dallas now, I'll proudly be wearing my Indians gear tomorrow night. Tickets are too expensive for the season opener tonight.
  • ReusKrispies
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hi guys u have a question regarding a betting market on baseball my bookie has a market as follows "will there be an 18th half-inning" what does this mean exactly? Does it mean there will be am extra inning if teams are tied?
  • stickey
    Will the home team pitch in the last inning is what they're asking you, I think.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Hi guys u have a question regarding a betting market on baseball my bookie has a market as follows "will there be an 18th half-inning" what does this mean exactly? Does it mean there will be am extra inning if teams are tied?

I think that means if there will be a 2nd half i the 9th.

As in will there be a bottom of the 9th?

Just a guess though.
  • ReusKrispies
    stickey wrote: »
    Will the home team pitch in the last inning is what they're asking you, I think.

I think this is correct because my bet was lost I selected no for this following match: Indians vs White sox and the game went to the full 18 innings plus extra time but the bet was lost before extra time yjkq8gzk.png

I thought it means if Indians are winning and the sox don't score in the ninth then it's a 18th half? Lol so confusing.
  • ReusKrispies
    Santiago wrote: »

I think that means if there will be a 2nd half i the 9th.

As in will there be a bottom of the 9th?

Just a guess though.

This is what I thought but turns out to be wrong as you can see I lost the bet :lol: I think stickey is correct
  • Chubbs
    Yes its if the home team gets to bat in the ninth. The way there would only be 17 or less than 18 is if the game went five innings (counts as an official game) and got ended because of rain or weather or (the most likely scenario) the home team was winning after the top of the ninth (17th half inning) then the game would end there as there would be no need for the bottom of the ninth (18th half inning)
  • Chubbs
    #neverforget

• MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    I can't believe the turnaround my Twins have had. From 4-5 years of absolute misery to now being 3 games in first place.
    It's so good to finally be competitive again. :blush:
  • Chubbs
    I can't believe the turnaround my Twins have had. From 4-5 years of absolute misery to now being 3 games in first place.
    It's so good to finally be competitive again. :blush:

That seems like the story of the the Twins every 3-5 years. They go from bottom feeders to playoffs every couple years. Their farm system is a thing of beauty. Always have 4-5 top players there.