Hey Rob, you wanna do something?

IDB
1876 posts Play-Off Hero
@Rob instead of just adding promo packs and informs, maybe you can relay on some of the information to the devs.

A community manager should be giving us (the consumer) updates on what EA as a whole is doing to make the game better, and you should be updating the devs on important issues. It's obvious you don't want to do your job properly, so why have it? Go work at McDonalds if you want something easy to do. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

You won't even reply to threads that are tailored with criticism, are you really that scared?

This is literally the only thread you've helped someone out on, and it was hardly a helping hand:
http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/80768/im-a-disbled-gamer-useing-two-button-and-as-right-now-the-two-button-controls-not-for-online
And you know what's bad about that? It took you 5 pages of posts and tags to get a reply out of you, that's ridiculous.

You know you don't enjoy the game. You know it has a bunch of flaws. You know how we feel about it. You know that you're losing money. So do something about it.

Comments

• Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    IDB wrote: »
    You know you don't enjoy the game. You know it has a bunch of flaws. You know how we feel about it. You know that you're losing money. So do something about it.

Are you sure EA is losing money? Wouldn't surprise me if they were selling more FP than ever this year.

Also this is probably the best FIFA ever.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up

Are you sure EA is losing money? Wouldn't surprise me if they were selling more FP than ever this year.

Also, in my opinion, this is probably the best FIFA ever.

Fixed.
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero

Losing money compared to other fifas. And no, this isn't the best fifa ever.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class

I'm completely with you on wanting feedback from Rob, and getting the disabled gamer some assistance.

But, honestly you have no clue if they are losing money compared to other fifa's. You have absolutely zero concrete evidence to be throwing out claims like that.
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero

I'm completely with you on wanting feedback from Rob, and getting the disabled gamer some assistance.

But, honestly you have no clue if they are losing money compared to other fifa's. You have absolutely zero concrete evidence to be throwing out claims like that.

Do you think they would announce 23 man TOTW only five weeks in to fifa 16 if they were making more money than ever before? Nope.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something

Do you think they would announce 23 man TOTW only five weeks in to fifa 16 if they were making more money than ever before? Nope.

Usually when a video game introduces more content (DLC, expansions, more in-game items, etc.), it's because they are doing well with that product.

If they were downsizing in terms of promotional stuff for FUT, that would probably be a better sign that EA is losing money.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class

The community has been begging for that. That's not evidence at all.

The game isn't just going to flop over and die like you may expect it to. EA are extremely smart at being a business more so than anything else. They will find a way to win customers over.

And as for the large amount special cards and various promo packs. What we are seeing from FIFA is child's play in comparison to what goes on in Madden's UT.
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero

Usually when a video game introduces more content (DLC, expansions, more in-game items, etc.), it's because they are doing well with that product.

If they were downsizing in terms of promotional stuff for FUT, that would probably be a better sign that EA is losing money.

This makes no sense in this case because, DLC's take time to create and publish by developers, whereas adding five players to a TOTW takes no time at all to create.

Why would they downgrade TOTW if they're not making enough money rather than upgrading the TOTW?
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero

The community has been begging for that. That's not evidence at all.

The game isn't just going to flop over and die like you may expect it to. EA are extremely smart at being a business more so than anything else. They will find a way to win customers over.

And as for the large amount special cards and various promo packs. What we are seeing from FIFA is child's play in comparison to what goes on in Madden's UT.

The community has been begging for it? Since I joined the forums in late 2013 I've only seen an absolute MAXIMUM of three threads created about having an upgraded TOTW.

Madden will always have a lower amount of consumers than fifa, which means it will require more promotional items to maximize profit.
  • Zanetti
    880 posts Professional
    I agree with you , rob isnt very active here if i was a community manager id be on here every day ,its part of your f**** job it would be fun job, he should go work at mcdonalds.
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA and communication don't really go together. To be honest, everyone's customer service these days is poor.
  • Zanetti
    880 posts Professional

Wrong it takes a press of a key to change a color of a card and a click to increase stats. A intern can do that for ea so its really doesnt mean their doing bad or good
  • Jaxite
    22372 posts Club Captain
    SHOTS!
  • Jfo88
    22950 posts Club Captain
    Jaxite wrote: »
    SHOTS!

5dZQxnP.jpg
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ea and communication...doesnt make any sense tbf
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    I bet they are making more money than the last couple years at this time. Not nearly as many people buying coins.

Just because they release star hero cards on the weekend doesnt mean they are losing money. Madden has a hero card and all sorts of colored cards. It could be that they are using that model in an expanded role. I actually raised the idea of doing things more like Madden last year cause why not? More cards better for the gamers and more FP sold works for EA as well.

Now the gameplay and those kind of issues, that is a different story.
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2015
    Zanetti wrote: »
    I agree with you , rob isnt very active here if i was a community manager id be on here every day ,its part of your f**** job it would be fun job, he should go work at mcdonalds.

Been on the forums since UT13 and I completely agree with your statement because it's so true, he almost never responds.

Though you can't really blame him, he can't openly say that Fifa sucks because he'd lose his job.

And to the OP, it's not his job to do anything about it. He could relay what people want to the developers of this game but it really doesn't matter at all because the playerbase on here is only a tiny fraction of what makes them money. No company in their right mind would try to change a video game to appeal to the minority rather than the majority which are the kids who prefer an arcade football game.

If people stopped being stupid and stopped buying their products then they might be inclined to change something regarding gameplay but everyone knows that's not going to happen especially when they have a monopoly on most of the licenses.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    I bet they are making more money than the last couple years at this time. Not nearly as many people buying coins.

Just because they release star hero cards on the weekend doesnt mean they are losing money. Madden has a hero card and all sorts of colored cards. It could be that they are using that model in an expanded role. I actually raised the idea of doing things more like Madden last year cause why not? More cards better for the gamers and more FP sold works for EA as well.

Now the gameplay and those kind of issues, that is a different story.

Fairs you got a point but ut is not a card trading game mode tbf, game has a great potential but it is extremely boring because of the certain issues; auto defending&high pressure&high in drug refs&opponent not found etc...
  • Ben
    5444 posts Big Money Move
    Last year I wrote a long and detailed message asking for answers to questions. My post was respectful and mature. Their response? Make it so that my thread would not get bumped when new posts were added. There were many people that witnessed it and can attest that it was not a tin foil hat conspiracy theory. That told me all I needed to know about ea as a company.

So to answer your question, no they don't want to do something.
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero

Been on the forums since UT13 and I completely agree with your statement because it's so true, he almost never responds.

Though you can't really blame him, he can't openly say that Fifa sucks because he'd lose his job.

No, but he can tell the devs to fix things that need fixing. He can tell us what the devs are doing to fix things. So why doesn't he do this? It's simple, he couldn't care less about these things.
  • The Humanoid Typhoon

No, but he can tell the devs to fix things that need fixing. He can tell us what the devs are doing to fix things. So why doesn't he do this? It's simple, he couldn't care less about these things.

Read what I edited in, it's common sense why he doesn't do this, it's a waste of time.

• iamRatedR
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    They dont care lol
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    iamRatedR wrote: »
    They dont care lol

This guy just wrote the most concise and succinct sentence about EA that I've ever read. Why can't people understand this? :D

• iamRatedR
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    Oh i'm well aware of such, it's it just, they don't care.
  • Jfo88
    22950 posts Club Captain
    If3Y7CO.jpg
    Repeat the following to prevent all the salt in your mouth making you puke
  • Ben
    5444 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2015
    Also, remember that they officially denied making wholesale changes to Fifa 15 with the pach, even though we all know they completely tweaked the whole thing.mthey officially stated they changed only defensive positioning on lobbed through balls.

They can and will change the game at will and then threaten to ban you if you have the audacity to question it.
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero

And to the OP, it's not his job to do anything about it. He could relay what people want to the developers of this game but it really doesn't matter at all because the playerbase on here is only a tiny fraction of what makes them money. No company in their right mind would try to change a video game to appeal to the minority rather than the majority which are the kids who prefer an arcade football game.

If people stopped being stupid and stopped buying their products then they might be inclined to change something regarding gameplay but everyone knows that's not going to happen especially when they have a monopoly on most of the licenses.

It's not his job, but why host the forums if you're not going to use them to your advantage? We may as well use the futhead forums.

It's not even about how "arcadey" the gameplay is, it's about the things that happen in the game that doesn't get fixed such as:

- Manual passing power isn't 100% manual
    - Manual switching isn't 100% manual
    - Keepers don't pass the ball, they just boot it out of bounds
    - Keepers are way too good inside of the box

and there are many, many more, but I'm not going to list those here because that's not what this thread is about. It's about having @Rob relay information to us and the devs.
  • JayyThunder
    5354 posts Big Money Move
    They've never been consistent with communicating with us on the forums. Never have and never will. THEY. DO. NOT. CARE.

Although they did just send out the survey, idk what they'll do with that, it would be nice to get some sort of confirmation that I didn't fill it out for my health
  • Dunk
    2052 posts Fans' Favourite
    If rob had to sit here and reply to every single mention he'd be on here until christmas, he has way more to do than just forums and regardless information from the forums is always gathered and relayed. Most of the cases and claims of in game things are all identical and can be grouped into information so threads like this really aren't needed...
  • FifaCity16
    711 posts An Exciting Prospect
    In b4 OP gets banned.