Downloading Fifa Demo again ...

yasendi
94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I really miss the good game play. Played with my 13 years old son today in offline mode and he agreed with me that the game became bulls***. FIFA 16 became Need For Speed 16. We actually made our games who can dribble and score from defenders with a lot of lough and jokes. Was sad from inside because two weeks ago I was playing much a better game.

Comments

• That's seems to be what a lot of people are complaining about. I agree, the demo gameplay was absolutely fantastic. I was getting awesome goals, hitting the posts a realistic amount. I've played about 7 hours in the full game now and havent hit the post once. Theres about 3 different goals you get now. An occasional header in the box, a finesse shot in the box to one of the corners and penalties from players falling over.
  • Korthan
    2392 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2015
    Don't get too sentimental about old versions. Tonight I went back to FIFA 13, game kept crashing in FUT so I attempted 3 Seasons matches using Arsenal. Note I say attempted, not played.

Match 1: Better player, more chances, more shots, concede a goal on 41 mins to his third shot. Quit.

Match 2: Better player, totally dominated the first half, all shots and headers are saved/blocked/wide - he scores a near post shot past my defender on 45 mins. Quit.

Match 3: I go behind after only 4 minutes to some zigzag dribbling and a short cross/header to the giant called Messi even though I have 3 defenders in the box around him. But I didn't quit. I went on to totally dominate the first half and after many shots being saved/blocked and headers going wide yet again, I FINALLY scored. 1-1.

As the second half wore on, the other guy who was rubbish suddenly started knocking the ball around like Brazil, my players were becoming slower and more sluggish and more weak and my attempted passes/clearances as well as 'loose' balls were all going to his players. I could only attack by running down the wings as far as I could before being blocked, any attempt to pass inside or make passing moves was not going to work, they were being intercepted. Yes, I was still trying to win the game and refusing to accept what the game engine was trying to do. I wasn't angry or giving up, I was attempting to play through it.

But on 89 mins, a pass down the wing, a cross, a header and a goal. On 89 mins.

There's nothing like a fresh blast of reality to remove all sentimentality over previous FIFAs. I now remember why I raged so much at this game (as did others on the old forums). It wasn't just the stupid and constant unfairness or the scripting, it was how OBVIOUS it all was.

Yes, 13 played nice in general but Rutter's vision took what should have been an excellent football game and turned it into an unrewarding, unfair, frustrating, anger-inducing pile of crap.

The whole FIFA game engine needs rebuilding and all biased coding needs to be removed without question. If not we get slight variations of the same game engine with the same underlying problems every year.

• Korthan
    "I want to bring back reward for effort and dedication," Dini said.

"In Kick Off, scoring was hard, but when you succeeded nothing compared with that feeling of achievement. The moment when you score should be all yours, not as a bystander, but as a participant. You and the ball against your opponent and the goal keeper. It is up to you whether you fail or succeed. That is what football is all about, and that is what I wish to revive again."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-14-kick-off-reboot-shoots-for-ps4-and-vita
  • yasendi
    But Korthan, It was OK two weeks ago. I am not talking about FIFA 13. I am talking about the demo or at least 1.01 version. What EA has done is a crime in my opinion. You can not just take people money and then change the game completely. So unfair. With unregulated industry like this, we are unprotected as consumers and EA is taking very good advantage of that
  • Korthan
    yasendi wrote: »
    But Korthan, It was OK two weeks ago. I am not talking about FIFA 13. I am talking about the demo or at least 1.01 version. What EA has done is a crime in my opinion. You can not just take people money and then change the game completely. So unfair. With unregulated industry like this, we are unprotected as consumers and EA is taking very good advantage of that

Yeah sorry, I took your retro theme and ran with it, kind of. I only played the demo twice but it didn't feel like the current game. Then again it was offline v CPU.

• Designer
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Korthan wrote: »
    "I want to bring back reward for effort and dedication," Dini said.

"In Kick Off, scoring was hard, but when you succeeded nothing compared with that feeling of achievement. The moment when you score should be all yours, not as a bystander, but as a participant. You and the ball against your opponent and the goal keeper. It is up to you whether you fail or succeed. That is what football is all about, and that is what I wish to revive again."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-14-kick-off-reboot-shoots-for-ps4-and-vita

""In Kick Off, scoring was hard, but when you succeeded nothing compared with that feeling of achievement"....and that already exists in FIFA16 playing World Class!

You really think some KICKOFF will just come out in 2016 and shutdown the competition after years and years of hard work from FIFA and PES to get us closer to real thing as possible....pfft Kickoff...sounds like a game that'll end up with some horrible reviews as bad as the new Tony Hawk Proskater
  • yasendi
    ya man Kick off was fun but EA made AI so boring to play against. EA never did a good AI opponent like Konami did. I do not mind playing AI if to enjoy the game
  • Do you want to run? Play FIFA 15. We want play a real football. And we don't have any choice. You have this choice.