The Thinking Mans Fifa

Nem
5901 posts Big Money Move
edited October 2015
The more I play 16, the more I appreciate how good it is. Sure, it has its faults - but what fifa hasn't.

Have to applaud EA for taking this route with the series. It really does allow you to 'Play beautiful' if you're on your game.

Slow, patient build up play is key, not rushing when defending etc.

Comments

• Shaanxz
    20106 posts Club Captain
    Nem wrote: »
    The more I play 16, the more I appreciate how good it is. Sure, it has its faults - but what fifa hasn't.

Have to applaud fifa for taking this route with the series. It really does allow you to 'Play beautiful' if you're on your game.

Pratically impossible in division 1 unless you have a solid team
  • jbunnerz
    1287 posts Professional
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Have to applaud fifa for taking this route with the series. It really does allow you to 'Play beautiful' if you're on your game.

Pratically impossible in division 1 unless you have a solid team

Better than impossible in D1 unless you have Ibarbo and Doumbia
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2015
    Oh my last game definitely got me thinking...about how much I hate 523 park the bus with a guest.

Edit: Don't get me wrong though, I do love this game. The winning goal I scored epitomises the "thinking mans" goal that this years Fifa allows.
  • Mr Cow
    4163 posts National Call-Up
    this fifa is more about who the ref and bounces are going to favour than anything else
  • Dog
    3208 posts National Call-Up
    Mr Cow wrote: »
    this fifa is more about who the ref and bounces are going to favour than anything else

Sure buddy, whatever you can blame your losses on.
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    I like this Fifa but I hate the refs and 90 minute pressure
  • Mr Cow
    4163 posts National Call-Up
    Dog wrote: »

I only play friendlies and with my friends we can admit when we win it is not satisfying since 9/10 it is down to who gets the bounces
  • Korthan
    2392 posts Fans' Favourite

I only play friendlies and with my friends we can admit when we win it is not satisfying since 9/10 it is down to who gets the bounces

Ignore the EA staffer troll

• Simmo
    3459 posts National Call-Up
    You don't have time to think against good high pressure abusers.
  • Korthan
    Thread title is hilarious, btw
  • Orison
    47058 posts FIFA Cover Star

Have to applaud EA for taking this route with the series. It really does allow you to 'Play beautiful' if you're on your game.

@Nem maybe offline :D , but there is no way that "slow build-up play" is the way to win online divisions, you would get pressured to death :joy:
  • euroverclock
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special

This is exactly something I usually complain about in my posts, not the referee tho but bounces, in my opinion bounces should be fixed, they should make sure they follow a logic, your gk should never push the ball straight to a striker, gk should push the ball out
  • Vinnie
    1373 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    since i'd play the BETA i loved the game, i agree it is the best game ever.

BUUUT, theres small things to be improved,unfortunately more you play more these small things becomes bigger.

High pressure, do not kill the joy, but drains your energy when u face a good opponent high pressure abuser .. (but still, this is not the worse so far, once you can abuse as well, thats life)

instructions, you are the coach, you give the instructions for your players, but they do not take it, it is time to make instructions work for real. (but it is "fine")

referees and penalties .. THIS should be high priority thing to patch ASAP.. it is something which kill the joy of the whole game so far.

• Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    One question, if slow and patient is the way forward, why does no one I meet online use it ? They all chase the ball like rabid dogs and get fwd as fast as they can. If pay slow and patient, I get mugged, usually while protecting the ball, and end up scrambling to cover a counter attack
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move

This is exactly something I usually complain about in my posts, not the referee tho but bounces, in my opinion bounces should be fixed, they should make sure they follow a logic, your gk should never push the ball straight to a striker, gk should push the ball out

FIFA is not a logical game

GKs made ridic saves in the box or manage to palm it to the ONLY attacker in the box
    Players cannot control a 5yd pass, but when intercepting,the ball is glued to them even if blasted at them from close range
    5yd pass - fail . Long 50 yd cross field ball -Win
    1 vs 1 - 25/75 Long shot - Goal
    Shirt pull on field -OK Breathe on player in box- Pen

To name a few.

• AnDrEwThEdOn
    17179 posts World Class
    The one thing i hate is kick offs

Impossible to stop them scoring for like 3 minutes

a67fae5be69485c60987c4694acb1d33.png

Sums it up
  • Dog
    3208 posts National Call-Up

Sums it up
    Kickoffs this year isn't even remotely close to last year man
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17179 posts World Class

Sums it up

I agree its not like the zig zagging runs it just feels like players are better off of kick off, harder to get the ball off them etc.
  • euroverclock
    Vinnie wrote: »

BUUUT, theres small things to be improved,unfortunately more you play more these small things becomes bigger.

High pressure, do not kill the joy, but drains your energy when u face a good opponent high pressure abuser .. (but still, this is not the worse so far, once you can abuse as well, thats life)

instructions, you are the coach, you give the instructions for your players, but they do not take it, it is time to make instructions work for real. (but it is "fine")

referees and penalties .. THIS should be high priority thing to patch ASAP.. it is something which kill the joy of the whole game so far.

penalties are ok since defenders tend to ram the opponent instead of playing clean, I would punish shirt pulling more and ramming opponents should as well, if a team abuses crashing into opponents to get the ball too much then yellow and red cards should be given, the more your team abuses fouls the harsher the referee should be, EA should discourage fouls and promote fairplay online, last year referees were too permissive, this year they are getting there, making referees give harsher punishments to those who play violently will also prevent ppl from abusing high pressure since they will of course end up crashing into the opponent with the ball or preventing them from walking right cause they get kicked in the legs
  • Korthan

Sums it up

I agree its not like the zig zagging runs it just feels like players are better off of kick off, harder to get the ball off them etc.

Some people still try kick-off exploit and it can still get them into or near your box although guaranteed goals happen less often.

I think what you are referring to is that thing where if you score then the opponent has to score right afterwards and they get boosted to help that happen. Yes, it's a thing, started last year. In previous FUTs it didn't always happen and it could go either way but I noticed last year it became much more one-sided in favour of the player who just conceded and it has continued into this year somewhat.
  • Orison
    47058 posts FIFA Cover Star

penalties are ok since defenders tend to ram the opponent instead of playing clean, I would punish shirt pulling more and ramming opponents should as well, if a team abuses crashing into opponents to get the ball too much then yellow and red cards should be given, the more your team abuses fouls the harsher the referee should be, EA should discourage fouls and promote fairplay online, last year referees were too permissive, this year they are getting there, making referees give harsher punishments to those who play violently will also prevent ppl from abusing high pressure since they will of course end up crashing into the opponent with the ball or preventing them from walking right cause they get kicked in the legs
    Did you see some of the calls this year? No way those refs are "ok"
  • euroverclock
    Orison wrote: »

Sometimes they take questionable decisions yes , but honestly I prefer them to call fouls rather than letting people play wrestling like last year LOL
  • Korthan
    Orison wrote: »

Sometimes they take questionable decisions yes , but honestly I prefer them to call fouls rather than letting people play wrestling like last year LOL

I suspect a few of the complaints about refs are from people who want to do exactly that.