ne1pdyt.jpg
Post edited by o ShifTyZz o on

Comments

• o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    Bayer Leverkusen
    TNavlUj.png

Bayer 04 Leverkusen also known as Bayer Leverkusen, Leverkusen or simply Bayer, is a German football club based in Leverkusen, North Rhine-Westphalia. The club plays in the Bundesliga, the top tier of the German football league system, and host matches at the BayArena. The club was founded in 1904 by employees of the German pharmaceutical company Bayer, whose headquarters are in Leverkusen and from which the club draws its name. It was formerly the best-known department of TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen, a sports club whose members also participate in athletics, gymnastics, basketball and other sports including the RTHC Bayer Leverkusen (rowing, tennis and hockey). In 1999 the football department was separated from the sports club and is now a separate entity formally called Bayer 04 Leverkusen. They have won one DFB-Pokal and one UEFA Cup and their local rivals are 1. FC Köln.

BayArena
    XY7vlId.jpg

The BayArena has been the home to Bayer Leverkusen since 1958 and it was originally called Ulrich-Haberland-Stadion. It had a capacity of 20,000, but during 1986, a rebuilding project began to convert the stadium into a modern facility. This project would be ongoing for the following 11 years and it was completed in 1997 making the stadium an ultramodern all-seater with a capacity of 22,500. It was then renamed the BayArena in 1998. The following year a hotel was attached to the stadium, with some roofs having a very nice view of the pitch. Originally the city of Leverkusen wanted to expand the stadium to 40,000 and place a bid to become one of the stadiums during the 2006 FIFA World Cup held in Germany. However they soon realised that would not be practical and it was then used as a training facility for the German national team during the tournament.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    AbCthsY.png
    ZQFixqh.jpg

Goal Keepers
    Bernd Leno
    David Yelldell
    Krešić

Defenders
    André Ramalho
    Jonathan Tah
    Kyriakos Papadopoulos
    Roberto Hilbert
    Tin Jedvaj
    Sebastian Boenisch
    Wendell
    Ömer Toprak
    Lukas Boeder
    Giulio Donati

Midfielders
    Lars Bender (Captain)
    Hakan Çalhanoğlu
    Julian Brandt
    Charles Aránguiz
    Christoph Kramer
    Vladlen Yurchenko
    Marlon Frey
    Karim Bellarabi
    Benjamin Henrichs
    Kevin Kampl

Forwards
    Stefan Kießling (Vice-captain)
    Javier Hernández
    Admir Mehmedi
    Ryu Seung-woo
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    2015/16

In
    Ramalho - Red Bull Salzburg
    Mehmedi - SC Freiburg
    Papadopoulos - Schalke 04
    Tah - Hamburger SV
    Aranguiz - Internacional
    Kampl - Borussia Dortmund
    Hernandez - Manchester United

Out
    Castro - Borussia Dortmund
    Drmic - Borussia Monchengladbach
    Milik - Ajax
    Wollscheid - Stoke City
    Reinartz - Frankfurt
    Son Heung Min - Tottenham
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Good luck! Nice team choice!
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Good luck! Nice team choice!

Thanks mate!
  • Wyojasond
    15345 posts World Class
    Good luck man. Excellent team choice. Hope you can take down Bayern
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good luck man. Excellent team choice. Hope you can take down Bayern

Thanks, thats my goal :)
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Viel Glück ;)
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    Leverkusen Get Their Man

James Foulds was officially unveiled as Bayer Leverkusen manager in a press conference at BayArena last night. The Australian has been rumoured to get the job for quite some time but now its finally official. James Foulds does not have a lot of experience but despite being young he shows a lot of ambition and the board seem to believe in him. James Foulds dodged the cameras at the main gate but was shown in pictures on the club's Twitter feed alongside his assistant manager and the club chairman.

Press Conference

What are your aims for this season and will you bring in any signings?
    My aims for this season is to qualify for europe while playing a very attractive brand of football. I will not be discussing transfers at this stage.
    Do you believe Bayer Leverkusen have enough talent to compete for the title?
    I don't see why we can't. I understand Bayern Munich are the benchmark of the league as of right now, but i feel at our best, we can beat anyone.
    Do you believe it is more important to play attractive football or to just get results no matter what?
    I understand at times you have to play scrappy to get the win but for me i try to play a very pleasing on the eye style of football.
    Do you think you have enough funds to compete at the highest level?
    Yes, financially we are very sound.
    You’re a manager who is really unheard of. You've taken over at a big club. Do you think you can get to grips with the big league?
    I realise the fans may be a bit hesitant right now but i feel like i can handle the pressure. This is my first mager first team managerial role and i want to show everyone what im capable of.
    So where do you see Bayer Leverkusen in five years?
    We will be competing for league and European glory.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not long after Foulds was announced manager of Bayer Leverkusen, he soon had to prepare his squad for the upcoming pre season tournament 'European International Cup' in which his club was participating in. Leverkusen were competing in a group alongside Sunderland, Napoli and Lyon.
    CxFgDlT.png

4f1n02j.png

2aD1qB6.png

James Foulds definitely learnt a thing or two from these pre season outings. Although his team were unable progress past the group stages, they did enough to stay undefeated, but only just, thanks to an 87th minute eaqualizer from the promising Julian Brandt against a very competitive Lyon side.

JWxaf42.png

Keep in mind im still working on the layout of the graphics.
  • ESexton18
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Best of luck mate. I'll be following as Leverkusen are one of my favorite teams! They also make a great CM as they always have top young talent and a solid team overall.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Graphics look good. Good to avoid defeat in all games but shame about the Sunderland result having been 2-0 up!
  • Wyojasond
    15345 posts World Class
    Good start on the graphics. Definitely just have to play around with what you like. Not a bad start with the team, just gotta start finishing games off.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Nice graphics. At least you were undefeated...
  • Ashy
    12570 posts Has That Special Something
    good luck, some neat graphics you got going, OP looks great too
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    Thanks guys, it means a lot :) I just realized i stuffed up the order of the goals on that Sunderland game. Lens should have been before Defoe. I'll learn to pay more attention in the future.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    lGZbY5e.png
    August could not of started off on more of a sour note. Despite an early goal from Stefan Kiesling, Hoffenheim came back to snatch a 2-1 victory over Leverkusen in Foulds' first Bundesliga match. To make things worse, the whole of BayArena had to see one of their most creative threats, Kevin Kampl in agganizing pain on the ground with a suspected broken ankle.

kvdNXUJ.png
    Leverkusen had to turn things around in their second outing. Thanks to a swiftly taken free kick by Hakan Calhanoglu in the 34th minute, Leverkusen were able to leave Hanover with all three points.

rs1q5oO.png
    To end the month, Leverkusen had a date with the Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich. This match was a very close affair and when newly signed Mexican striker Javier Hernandez came on, he was the only player on the pitch that was willing to take a risk, which resulted in a beautiful goal by running past two Bayern defenders and slotting it home. Unfortunately it wasnt enough as Lewandowski put his hand up for the goal of the season with an incredibly struck volley from the edge of the 18 yard box, which narrowly made its way past Leverkusen keeper Bernd Leno.

Injury Replacement Signing
    It was today announced that Leverkusen had gone out and signed Chinese international winger Yu Hai from free agency due to Kevin Kampl receiving an ankle injury which will keep him on the sideline for the next few months. In recent times Yu Hai is known for scoring the opening goal for China against Saudi Arabia in the 2015 AFC Asian Cup. When asked about the recent acquisition, Foulds replied with "I saw this lad play during the Asian Cup and he was superb. He's a different player to Kampl but will fill the hole needed. I hope the fans give him the applause he deserves."

92ucWWT.png

Despite only keeping one clean sheet, Bernd Leno was announced as Bayer Leverkusen player of the month because of the leadership and natural talent he showed in goal. "Leno was huge this month, we would have lost all three without him." said James Foulds during a post match interview.
  • Wyojasond
    15345 posts World Class
    Calhanoglu with those free kicks. One of my favorite players in Fifa. Heartbreaker against Bayern.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Calhanoglu with those free kicks. One of my favorite players in Fifa. Heartbreaker against Bayern.

He is definitely an amazing player. I was so excited when i scored against Bayern as i just didnt expect it to happen, a draw was a fair result tbh.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    cnVdQFN.png
    eF8ttEF.png
    q6Vv4Dk.png
    4vptCck.png
    Leverkusen fans are very pleased with how their team are performing as they bounce into the top four for the first time of the season. They are finally starting to show a little bit of consistency which is what James Foulds promised at the start of the season. Keeping a clean sheet away from home to Dortmund showed that they are no joke defensively this season as Bernd Leno's good form was rewarded with a call up to the national team. "Some teams have one or two players that get all the praise, we have eleven men out there who give it their all and equally get the accolades they deserve." said James Foulds after the draw to Dortmund.

Champions League
    mJ1dQhK.png
    This performance by Leverkusen was inch perfect. Everyone was on their game and performed to the best of their ability. Roma were lucky to only go down by one. "We were not good enough, they were unstoppable. We must improve." said a disappointed Rudi Garcia.

Barcelona Preview

XYGPyNJ.png

Barcelona continue their quest to defend the UEFA Champions League trophy on Tuesday, when they open up the Camp Nou gates to welcome German side Bayer Leverkusen for their second group stage match in the UEFA Champions League, determined to get a victory and establish themselves as the favorites to win the group. The start to the season hasn't been the best in terms of performances. The defense has been well below par conceding too many goals, with their forwards struggling to finish of the chances that have been created for them. Bayer Leverkusen have had an interesting start to the season, to say the least. In some games, they look unstoppable but in others they look shaky, like in the draw against Bremen. They will definitely have to be at their best to stop Barcelona
  • dannyboy
    12925 posts Has That Special Something
    Nice team choice. They're nice to watch irl as well.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks, they're really fun in game too :)
  • dannyboy
    12925 posts Has That Special Something
    Are you going to play a similar play style? :p
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    I play more of a possession based game.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Some good results so far, unlucky in the Bayern game, that would have been a superb win!
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Some good results so far, unlucky in the Bayern game, that would have been a superb win!

For some reason Bayern don't seem that hard this year. I think its the formation they play.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Doing well so far :)
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    9TzB9Sl.png
    September was a very busy month, we saw the Champions League kick off and four Bundesliga games played. The clear highlight of September is the fact that Leverkusen were able to maintain an undefeated record, which saw them get an unexpected draw away from home to Barcelona and an incredible 1-0 win way from home against Roma. After two games, Bayer Leverkusen see themselves at the top of their group. A solid outing from Leverkusen against Dortmund allowed them to stay in the top four of the Bundesliga, picking up 8 points for the month. James Foulds recently said "I'm loving our consisitency, i could not ask for anything more."

Player of the Month
    fxRfvv0.png
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    Doing well so far :)

cheers mate