OT: airline offered to upgrade to first class from New York to Stokholm for $400. Should I take it?

Comments

• maymanpele
    14470 posts Has That Special Something
    Lol who cares?

I'm gonna go ahead and say op cares
  • NornIron
    13885 posts Has That Special Something
    There's some nice Swedish girls on this flight.

0a5b9047532e95c2da7296605af863d4.png
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    I'm not sure where the offer is here? £400 for first class upgrade one way? If they are giving you the choice to upgrade to first they are just trying it on, and using your delay as an excuse to "offer" you it at a "discount".

There's obviously space in first class and they are trying to gain extra sales by having you pay £400 to sit there.

I'd be going back and saying you'll pay the money as long as it's made into a return offer.
  • ha032742
    38223 posts Moderator
    edited October 2015
    I'm not sure where the offer is here? £400 for first class upgrade one way? If they are giving you the choice to upgrade to first they are just trying it on, and using your delay as an excuse to "offer" you it at a "discount".

There's obviously space in first class and they are trying to gain extra sales by having you pay £400 to sit there.

I'd be going back and saying you'll pay the money as long as it's made into a return offer.

$400 which is more than reasonable
  • Blackpoolmonster
    ha032742 wrote: »

Subject to opinion, you can fly from the UK to Florida on a return flight in a premium cabin on a Dreamliner for less than £400 per person.
  • ha032742
    38223 posts Moderator

Subject to opinion, you can fly from the UK to Florida on a return flight in a premium cabin on a Dreamliner for less than £400 per person.

Oh ❤️❤️❤️❤️, where?
  • Blackpoolmonster

Oh ❤️❤️❤️❤️, where?

Here you go

Dw14vEJ.png

£249 per person return to Florida from Manchester airport in the premium cabin on a 787 Dreamliner.
  • ha032742
    38223 posts Moderator
    Thanks but what website is that :|
  • QceCapo
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Anytime I can upgrade to first class for less than $500 when I get to the airport I do it, especially for long distance trips. It's all about how much you value your comfort. Personally, I'd rather pay the money and be fed nice food while sitting in a comfortable seat at the front of the plane than save a few bucks and be crammed into the back. Depends on your size too... I'm a bigger guy, so the space thing is a pretty big deal for me.

spot on.

• PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    QceCapo wrote: »
    Anytime I can upgrade to first class for less than $500 when I get to the airport I do it, especially for long distance trips. It's all about how much you value your comfort. Personally, I'd rather pay the money and be fed nice food while sitting in a comfortable seat at the front of the plane than save a few bucks and be crammed into the back. Depends on your size too... I'm a bigger guy, so the space thing is a pretty big deal for me.

spot on.

Nah i'd rather spend an extra $400 at wherever i'm going. $400 for 8/9 hours of comfort... Lol we have flown First and business a couple times before. I'd rather just save my money for where i'm going and go out to have a nice meal or buy nice things.
  • ha032742
    38223 posts Moderator
    All about disposable income and priorities. £250 seems reasonable in my eyes but not in others' evidently.
  • vithos
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i'd grit my teeth and bare economy..thats alotta dough, doe.
    First class Dusseldorf to Chicago was just simply awesome.

Whole trip was either champagne, proper food, and relaxing.

During the end, I was let into the cockpit and got to meet the pilots and see how a few things work, but i believe you usually don't have access to that. The Germans were real cool with me <3
  • LuckyStrikE
    3484 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks for the input. I took it, got wasted and slept great. Was definetly worth it.