Just nipped to a PES forum...

Fandango83
403 posts Sunday League Hero
Not so rosey over there either!

"Big teams, you will face them exclusively if you play online divisions. This is okay but it means 80% of the time the dirty tricks people use to exploit the mechanics are 50% more effective.

Those exploits are - 
Collisions - You're not in control of this, the harder and quicker you rush the more likely you are to come out with the ball. But not even then, sometimes in games it just bobbles away from your player while you desperately try and make him respond.

Collisions again - You WILL be left sprawled on the floor as the opposition wander through your team unopposed..you'll be there desperately switching to another man, if it lets you, or trying to get your felled man up off the floor. Hint - He's doing up his shoelaces

Tackling, or fouling - I've now seen some reds but fouls are generally not called (you get steamrollered all the time). There needs to be a yellow card avalanche so people stop it. People will also slide tackle everywhere and it works, it's a good way to block off the gap or hack down someone about to score and face little consequence.

Every team presses like Barcelona - Not enough stamina drain, every team is as perfect at it and very few, if any fouls are given. Imagine FIFA at its worst high pressure situation...that's now PES. You can pass back but passing around creates more errors than blindly chasing the opposition and getting the AI to do much of the work, shocking.

Through ball spamming - Constant, successful and ridiculous. Pace + through ball = accidental chance....especially with the awful collision system.

Crosses- I thought it was okay but I was wrong, crossing is far too easy so people just hit wide passes and run down the wing.

Matchmaking - Appalling, you will get matched with someone with a low bench and they will play like chumps and claim they're the best. Also if it's Xbox One you might not find a game for 15 mins so you'll widen then ranking and play a highly ranked player......who also spams through ball, collisions and white balls (on myClub)

Basically PES has gone the way of FIFA, offline you won't see this as it retains it's core qualities but online they clearly didn't test the mechanics and just assumed everyone plays football instead of looking for ways to play rugby"

Comments

• Kaede
    4907 posts National Call-Up
    It should just be said gaming communities are shameless and will find whatever necessary to win.

I can't tell you which is a better game, as I've not played PES recently, but I'm sure both games improve each year. Nonetheless, people will find ways to exploit them, as no game is perfect, and every year people will say x old iteration is better than the current game, as they wear rose tinted glasses.
  • Flatision
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sounds the same problem as with FIFA. Developers too focused on offline gameplay and not being able to create a test-enviroment that replicates skilled players playing against eachother with a winning at all cost mentality.
  • Fandango83
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kaede wrote: »
    It should just be said gaming communities are shameless and will find whatever necessary to win.

I can't tell you which is a better game, as I've not played PES recently, but I'm sure both games improve each year. Nonetheless, people will find ways to exploit them, as no game is perfect, and every year people will say x old iteration is better than the current game, as they wear rose tinted glasses.

I totally agree, just needed the reality check. For the first time in 9 years i'm considering going back to PES, I've even priced it up.
  • bellyfrog
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Sounds exactly like FIFA then.
  • I was loving PES and considered selling Fifa but after a while you can see it has serious problems. The defence is awful and so are the goalkeepers, they save barely anything. I played quite alot and it was rare that a game had less than four goals, my last game was 8-4 to me and the game before that was a 7-5 loss, and this was division 5 so not the best but not the worst either. The through balls were ridiculous I could do it from defence and cut straight through on goal, the matches consisted of exploits and spammed high through balls, and the power of pace is insane, worse than any Fifa. Walcott used to win my matches single handedly he would just blow away defences no problem over and over again. Also spamming slide tackling was weirdly effective, your player would just lock on like a missile and get the ball even if you originally messed up the direction. Fifa has problems but PES has even more.
  • Intrepid wings
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I sold my PES 2016 earlier this week. Game is broke online.
  • Mr. Soper
    3911 posts National Call-Up
    Flatision wrote: »
    Sounds the same problem as with FIFA. Developers too focused on offline gameplay and not being able to create a test-enviroment that replicates skilled players playing against eachother with a winning at all cost mentality.

Very true.
  • urubuinflamante
    897 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Moaners with their empty threats...

FiFA 16 is lame so I will play pes... They say

All day moaning threads and people just do not as they say and live us alone.
  • st4sh0ut
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It seems like it's extremely complicated to program a Football video game with the impact engine the current consoles uses. Both PES and EA is struggling to create a fair game.

Football video gaming still has a long way to go.