Do you think our complaints and concerns matter to EA?

Fandango83
403 posts Sunday League Hero
There is a general consensus the game has many flaws. Does it matter to EA if we jump ship or stop buying the next game?

I would say its naive to not address any of the games faults, whether they can fix them or not. At least acknowledge they are there.

I would hazard a guess they are already working on next years iteration and its gimmicks.

Thoughts?

Comments

• GimmeAKitKat
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 2015
    NO, never has, never will.

They actually got onto CrimeWatch a couple years ago, and regularly get voted worst company.

Changes nothing. They have too many cash-cow games
  • Fandango83
    I moved to FIFA from PES because PES 2008's online was horrendous and unplayable but FUT 16 is far worse.
  • BigBadWolf
    55 posts Park Captain
    Crime watch?
  • BigBadWolf wrote: »
    Crime watch?

Think he means watchdog (its a UK thing)
  • Keano
    20373 posts Club Captain
    Simply no. They make enough money & profit off of people that're loyal to the game (even if they also dislike certain aspects of it) to care. A lot of people say the only way to hurt them & make them listen is to stop spending, but the same people will keep buying fifa points etc.

Ea are a business & as much as they should care about the customers, we're all still here throwing money at them, so it's all about the money.
  • Fandango83
    Keano wrote: »
    Simply no. They make enough money & profit off of people that're loyal to the game (even if they also dislike certain aspects of it) to care. A lot of people say the only way to hurt them & make them listen is to stop spending, but the same people will keep buying fifa points etc.

Ea are a business & as much as they should care about the customers, we're all still here throwing money at them, so it's all about the money.

The skill gap is none existent now. It does seem like a money spin.
  • peyz
    18 posts Ball Boy
    deny them what they covet the most.

Until they fix the MANY flaws in the game we should refuse to spend another cent.

The ridiculous thing is they expect us to fork out money and buy points or packs at atrocious prices, while the actual game-play has a million flaws and frustrating errors.

I refuse to spend a cent until they fix these.

• Fumbler
    2509 posts Fans' Favourite
    Complaints don't matter if people still splash the cash on packs. Stop buying the game and stop spending money on packs, and they will listen.
  • marc_balo
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    nope they never will care unless like fumbler said stop buying the product its frustrating every year new game comes the same bs happens with more added the day EA care is the day hell freezes over
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Yes they matter. I think it is why you ate seeing so many pack offers . They hear, but what they do about it is another issue entirely
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    No because they'll shift copies no matter what
  • ContraCode64
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    They only matter if they equate to less FP sales.
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    Of course. But for the 50 people complaining about the game on this forum, there's 50k people enjoying the game, playing it.
  • st4sh0ut
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2015
    Nope. Just the fact that they put some issues in the game on purpose is a sign that they don't care.
    Rick wrote: »
    Of course. But for the 50 people complaining about the game on this forum, there's 50k people enjoying the game, playing it.

Where did you pull those numbers out from?
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner
    st4sh0ut wrote: »

The people complaining are the vocal minority. The numbers are random.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    BigBadWolf wrote: »
    Crime watch?

Should be Crimewatch :lol:
  • st4sh0ut

Your numbers are quiet misleading tbh.

Anyways...it's obvious FIFA have a problem compared to other games. There's a lot of people who doesn't enjoy the game anymore. I've seen more hate towards FIFA than MOST other video games.
  • Jim
    1384 posts Professional
    Sales are down (in the UK at least), and they've sent out a survey about user experiences to a lot of regular FUT players. So yes, I'd say they're hearing and monitoring the concerns.

That being said, I'm of the opinion that despite the faults this is a better game than the last few FIFAs. The "consensus" might be a bit misleading-- most people who enjoy the game generally don't feel the need to defend it on the forums. They just like to play it.

People who are upset with it are more likely to voice complaints-- especially if they're passionate enough to be on the forums a lot.
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner

Anyways...it's obvious FIFA have a problem compared to other games. There's a lot of people who doesn't enjoy the game anymore. I've seen more hate towards FIFA than MOST other video games.

I've seen you post before, you're part of the vocal minority. This FIFA doesn't get more hate than any other FIFA. Not since I joined the forums back in 2011 at least.
  • grogans_heroes
    2491 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA isn't just FIFA and they didn't just come around in the last 5 years. They have been spoonfeeding junk to their consumers for decades now. Madden, NBA Live, and NHL fans have screamed foul since after the 1st 2-3 years of those series. Not to mention all the other junk they have going on besides sports game. So, no....but know you are like millions of others they don't care about.
  • st4sh0ut

I've seen you post before, you're part of the vocal minority. This FIFA doesn't get more hate than any other FIFA. Not since I joined the forums back in 2011 at least.

You're kidding right? I started FUT in 2011 too and those days were golden. Those days were nothing compared to today. Today FIFA gets a lot of hate. I highly doubt you played FUT11 or FUT12 if you think the hate back then was anywhere close to the hate today.
  • Rick
    9187 posts League Winner

You're kidding right? I started FUT in 2011 too and those days were golden. Those days were nothing compared to today. Today FIFA gets a lot of hate. I highly doubt you played FUT11 or FUT12 if you think the hate back then was anywhere close to the hate today.

FUT12 is one of my favorite FUTs but that doesn't mean it didn't get a lot of hate. You only seem to remember whatever suits you best.
  • Kaede
    4907 posts National Call-Up
    @Rick is correct. I've also been here since 2011. The only difference is we have a larger following on the forum now, so there seems to be more complaining. In fact, after moderating all these years, I can tell you for certain there was a stupid amount of threads alone on handicapping/scripting or whatever you want to call it - same thing, different day.
  • Jim
    1384 posts Professional
    Kaede wrote: »
    @Rick is correct. I've also been here since 2011. The only difference is we have a larger following on the forum now, so there seems to be more complaining. In fact, after moderating all these years, I can tell you for certain there was a stupid amount of threads alone on handicapping/scripting or whatever you want to call it - same thing, different day.

The sheer number of waterboys creating an account just to complain about a 45/90 min goal conceded was unreal. Anybody who was around the old forums long enough should remember those.
  • Flatision
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    The developers think they care about us but they are extremely arrogant in thinking they know better. I don't think they have bad intentions but they are living in a balloon.
  • Unfortunately i have given my comments on many of these forums however i do not believe EA will come back with Fifa 16 to how it was on the DEMO version (AMAZING GAME), but will keep this fast pacing game as they did on Fifa 15 and will lose many Fifa Fans worlwide.
    We need to have a more cadenced game, without these speeders and through balls that do not happen on real soccer. We had enough of this on Fifa 15 and this made the game very boring to play. DEMO Version of Fifa 16 was amazing but after many children complained the game was "dificult" instead of trying to adapt to the new mechanics, EA returned everything to pace...
    Feel really dissapointed on EA about this.
  • Kaede
    Jim wrote: »

The sheer number of waterboys creating an account just to complain about a 45/90 min goal conceded was unreal. Anybody who was around the old forums long enough should remember those.

That's my point. And you guys only saw like 1/3 of them. Imagine how many moderators hid. I know for sure they were there, since I could see deleted/hidden threads.
  • Garycelta923
    6019 posts Big Money Move
    BigBadWolf wrote: »
    Crime watch?

:joy:
  • st4sh0ut
    edited October 2015

The forums was more popular back then so I don't know what you're talking about. And of course you're going to agree since you're a mod on EA forums.
  • Kaede
    That's false. The number of threads and posters on here now has increased drastically. It would be naive to think otherwise: just think about how many people play this game now.

And also silly to assume that. Just like you, I'm another consumer. Do you think I don't have complaints about our community and the game we play? Of course I do, I'm just a realist and respectful in my posts.