Keepers Stopping Everything

JGCramp
1387 posts Professional
Is anyone else frustrated with the keepers? I'm admittedly not a great player, but I'm losing most of my matches 1-0 despite usually getting around 10 shots on net, with the opponents' keepers making one ridiculous diving save after another (I use semi shooting). I could see maybe Buffon or Courtois having some matches like that, but it doesn't seem to matter who's in net; and it also doesn't seem to matter whether I go for power or finesse. It's always the same result. Anyone have any advice because I'm getting better at passing and dribbling through the high pressure (not great, but better), but I can't seem to finish any of my chances? I have read about other people saying the keepers make terrible gaffes, but I haven't seen any of that yet when I'm shooting. Thanks all.

Comments

• SumFiiin
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Keepers are better. I can't dribble around them anymore. They save way more clear scoring opportunities. Square pass to another player when clean through often goes astray too so a lot of times your world class strikers can look like a bunch of useless good for nothings. One time I was clean through and dribbled past the goalie (the only defender on the screen) who brought me down. Yellow card for goalie who then saved the pen - says it all.
  • SumFiiin
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Also I hate the graphics when you have a soft or medium power shot and the goalie palms it over with like 99 shot power into row z. Someone actually programmed that.
  • TylerDurden1987
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Most annoying is imo, that keepers aren't capable of handling any shot power from outside the box and deflecting it to a corner 100 % of the time. How often do you see this in real life ? I don't want to make up numbers but I'm pretty sure goalkeepers keep at least 50 % of shots from outside the box in their hand.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    I find finesse shots work the best.. Really soft finesse shots inside the area often go under the keeper and an average power finesse shot from outside the area...

I seem to be fortunate that I finish the majority of chances I create and my GK usually pulls off several world class saves a game...

Somehow I still always seem to draw though...
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    Thanks! I'll have to try and square up some balls in the box if I can find space and ; and maybe I'm just not timing my finesse shots properly. I'll work on it.
  • Baznotsobad76
    I've also genuinely found that I finish more chances when I'm playing counter attack and also my GK plays better.. It's almost like a cheat!
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    That's funny because I usually try and play possession, which feels like the game becomes stacked against me.
  • Baznotsobad76
    Try a couple of games on counter attack and ultra defensive, to try out the theory and see what you think...
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    Will do. Thanks for the head up.
  • L1vingl1fe
    4048 posts National Call-Up
    Try a couple of games on counter attack and ultra defensive, to try out the theory and see what you think...

Oh god, one of those...
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    I tried counter attack and my team did feel more fluid. I still stink but I won 2-0 (scored on a finesse shot and a rebound). I also felt like I could still do some possession play once I was out on the counter. Thanks for the advice.
  • Btown4014
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I find it easier to score with flair shot for me give it a try and see and you could also use simi or manual shooting to better aim away from the keeper.
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    Not sure what you're taking about or what level you're playing on. I've never scoured or conceded more goals. Not even in 15. Defending is terribly nerfed. High pressure isn't a cause, it's an effect of OP offense.
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mdionne415 wrote: »
    Not sure what you're taking about or what level you're playing on. I've never scoured or conceded more goals. Not even in 15. Defending is terribly nerfed. High pressure isn't a cause, it's an effect of OP offense.

hahahaha

• JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    I guess everyone experiences the game differently. I certainly haven't felt defending is nerfed. I've already had my share of super exciting 0-0 draws. To be honest, I can deal with most of the things I feel are going on in the game - erratic passing, high pressure, whatever - its just that nothing this year feels rewarding to me. And this speaks to my feeling like even when I do everything right the AI keeper flies from one post to the next like Superman, while my keeper lets in a near post dribbler. Either that or the ref just ruins every match making the keepers irrelevant anyway.
  • SkylinePS
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Do the shooting skill games, i guarunteee u will score more
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    Finess shot close to the GK is always goal.
  • Finesse shots seem to be the best shots this FIFA. In the box and on the semicircle of the box. As long as your player has decent shooting stats and a 4* weak foot, they should score most of the time, regardless of the goalie.
  • leon1309
    4210 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2015
    Recoba wrote: »
    Finess shot close to the GK is always goal.

Well not in my experiance...the only shot that do tend to go in most of the time are near post power shots, i dont htink i saw one GK save those so far...finesse shots still tend to get saved here and there, even if perfectly placed and using excelent finishers, the GKs, in some games, just become almost godlike (maybe due to even the slightest lag) on one side and criples (will let in the silliest of shots, as their reactions seem to be slightly delayed) on another...
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    1 bar power finesse shots = goal.
  • Barslund
    4651 posts National Call-Up
    Had a match yesterday that ended 0-0, were he had one shot on goal. Diego Lopez had 19 saves for him and rated 9,9. Yay
  • doofie
    1 posts Ball Boy
    i can hardly score at world class difficulty the keepers save everything from penalties to clear one on ones only powering it in works and that usually requires a rebound finesse shots are always saved
  • RandomLhama83
    10099 posts Has That Special Something
    practice more
  • doofie wrote: »
    i can hardly score at world class difficulty the keepers save everything from penalties to clear one on ones only powering it in works and that usually requires a rebound finesse shots are always saved

I tell people everytime, (if you are) get rid of ASSISTED shooting
  • KCMB862
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    Had a game today where Burki (BVB GK) had 18 saves.. Most from in and around the box. Unreal; messaged to guy saying his GK should get an IF lol, and he agreed
  • Ishibum
    14128 posts Has That Special Something
    Not enough attention has been paid to the beastly thread bump
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    holdenwait wrote: »
    doofie wrote: »

I tell people everytime, (if you are) get rid of ASSISTED shooting

I've found some more success scoring since I originally started this thread (mostly finesse shots and trying to not overpower shots when in close to the keeper), although often it is still a grind. I agree, though, assisted shooting is detrimental.