Forever 18 - A Kasey Keller Story

Comments

• subpop
    766 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Red Star... nice.

Life is not easy in the 4th division. Preseason wasn't good... and I assume that you will have tough rivals in your division. Starting with an injury in an important player doesn't help. Good luck!

Diego Costa in Barcelona?! WTF!
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    subpop wrote: »
    Diego Costa in Barcelona?! WTF!
    Yeah, it sounded pretty strange also to me (honestly, not as strange as Cristiano Ronaldo joining City anyway) but it looks like in FIFA 17 the transfer market is way morea ctive than in previous games.
    I don't know if it was me missing something in older FIFAs or what, but until FIFA 16 I would usually record 40-60 transfers each winter and 80-100 transfers each summer (deadline day included)... Now in FIFA 17, maybe thanks to the new history which is easier to check, we've reached 150 with still a couples of weeks to go in August. I expect them to be around 200 at the end of the month.

I assume that you will have tough rivals in your division.
    Yeah, I must have pushed my luck a little bit including Red Star in a league with Galatasaray and Sunderland, Torino, Fiorentina... Definitely teams way stronger than the French side (which is most likely also going to be relegated in real life). Yet, our first league match didn't go that bad...

xcsoLFG.png

The same can't be said about our first cup match though, for which we travelled to Milan to face Inter, currently in Division 2 and considered one of the main contenders for promotion to Division 1:

xdZQu2W.png

If you're wondering, this was originally an EFL Cup match, if you're curious I'll put the entire explanation below:
    As you already understood, I used the English leagues to set this up so I'm now facing EFL Cup, FA Cup and (Heaven forbids it) the Checkatrade. So I thought that the EFL Cup would become the new Europa League, the FA Cup the new Champions League... And that the "former" UEL and UCL would kick in at a later date, with another format also including teams from other parts of the world.

On top of that defeat (which was easily predictable anyway), it became obvious that Naïm Sliti had been actually unsettled for a while, as he handed in an official transfer request.
    bRlQiKw.png
    This being said, we were already looking on the market for a suitable addition in his role, it looks like the player who will join soon will be given the important 1st team player role instead of being just a rotation player.
  • Ashy
    7492 posts League Winner
    Yea there are still some crazy transfers happening in fifa 17 which needs sorting, probably too many transfers too, It's so weird seeing Ozil in an Inter shirt there too :s Good to hear your defence performed well away in Turkey in the first match as well, also hate it when players want to move away it completely messes your plans when you have to rush around looking for that replacement
  • ale85bg
    Ashy wrote: »
    It's so weird seeing Ozil in an Inter shirt there too :s
    Yeah, it happened some years ago in the career, but it's strange indeed to see him and the 'Chicharito' in an Inter shirt.

also hate it when players want to move away it completely messes your plans when you have to rush around looking for that replacement
    Yeah, I was already looking around to find a substitute for him (as he was the only one in this position), now it looks like Christian Pulisic will be our main (only?) choice as a left midfielder.

Qqg8O2U.png

The season is progressing, and we managed to end the month without a win... But with two other good results against Sunderland and Shakhtar Donetsk. Strangely enough, Cork was the team against which we lost our first league match (of many, I suppose) in the season, despite them being one of the weaker side of the entire league:

trNnccm.png

VKkDZCw.png

20Iz3LT.png
  • JamieC
    552 posts Sunday League Hero
    How did you lose to Cork City? :joy:
  • ale85bg
    edited May 11
    JamieC wrote: »
    Does "not being able to aim at the goal to save our lives" count as an answer? Recording eight shots, four of which on target (all of which from within the box) and not scoring tells you a lot about my finishing skills with manual shooting. :joy:
    Being this also Sliti's last match with us before his transfer to the new team, I would've really loved it to end differently, but... I'll get back on that subject later.
  • JamieC
    552 posts Sunday League Hero
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Does "not being able to aim at the goal to save our lives" count as an answer? Recording eight shots, four of which on target (all of which from within the box) and not scoring tells you a lot about my finishing skills with manual shooting. :joy:
    Being this also Sliti's last match with us before his transfer to the new team, I would've really loved it to end differently, but... I'll get back on that subject later.

Talk about the luck of the Irish! :joy:
  • Ashy
    7492 posts League Winner
    Finding it hard to score it looks like with only a goal in the last three games! Cannot believe Cork beat you there, on another note great to see Pulisic sign for you, great potential and should add some creativity!
  • subpop
    Great signing there. Pulisic is a great addition.

The results are not great, but I forecast a difficult season anyway.
  • ale85bg
    Talk about the luck of the Irish! :joy:
    Don't get me started on that. They had a corner because I messed up a clearance with a defender (he cleared it over the goal line instead of clearing it up the pitch). From the corner, a man of theirs on the near post headed the ball towards the far post where their forward was waiting, ready to smash it in with a volley undisturbed (as the keeper went out on the near post trying to challenge the first man who headed it).

Finding it hard to score it looks like with only a goal in the last three games!
    Yeah, I thought that maybe switching from FIFA 16 to FIFA 17 would change things but... I'm just bad at scoring, regardless of the game. :joy: And to be honest, I have the feeling that in FIFA 17 there's more freedom than in previous installments, and this adds to the difficulty.

The results are not great, but I forecast a difficult season anyway.
    Yeah, a difficult season was indeed in the plans. Nothing different from what I was expecting. :)

About Pulisic, well... Sliti's request of being sold came out of the blue, but I'm confident he's the right player to replace him. And also Sliti thinks so after all! :)
    yeIZY1l.png
  • ale85bg
    zZ2DpBW.png
  • Ashy
    7492 posts League Winner
    Nice to see the table and how the other teams are doing, Red Star really need to up their game now with only 3 points from 4 games, also I'm looking forward to deadline day, hopes its a good one!
  • Danimal5981
    523 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not bad... you're by far the smallest team so given the circumstances, a decent start
  • ale85bg
    Not bad... you're by far the smallest team so given the circumstances, a decent start
    Nice to see the table and how the other teams are doing, Red Star really need to up their game now with only 3 points from 4 games
    Yeah, difficult situation but it was expected somehow. A reasonable goal for us could be ending with 50 to 55 points, at least that's where I am aiming currently. This month has been a little below par, but there's plenty of time to make up for this slow start hopefully.

also I'm looking forward to deadline day, hopes its a good one!
    Wonder no more my friend, here you can see what happened during the month of August (transfer deadline day included):

vvAfrsh.png
  • Ashy
    7492 posts League Winner
    United done well with Witsel and Eriksen there, Bruma to Barca is exciting, some interesting transfers all in all
  • subpop
    Bruma? Well... lately our signings suck.
  • ale85bg
    United done well with Witsel and Eriksen there, Bruma to Barca is exciting, some interesting transfers all in all
    Bruma? Well... lately our signings suck.
    I believe Ashy is right here: Bruma, although obviously not being a starter (at least I hope!), is a pretty interesting player. Barcelona used to sign pretty strange players in the previous years though (I mean, PIONE SISTO? Are you serious? As strong as he could be but I can't see him as a Barcelona player now, and of course this also applied to him when he was at Midtjylland).

Anyway, after the deadline day it's time to see what happened to us in September:

1afkz8X.png

hCctfsG.png

Lj7mhtK.png

vED76Co.png

FLT3Bas.png
  • Ashy
    7492 posts League Winner
    Are you Man Utd is disguise? Drawing probably too many games right now, good win over Swansea, I mean at least you are proving hard to beat but you can't keep missing sitters like that Stuttgart game, good luck in the next few!
  • subpop
    Pione Sisto? Who's this? I have never heard anything about him! :/

Not bad results. Lots of draws but I guess it is normal... The victory over Swansea was fantastic though... and the draw vs Fiorentina too. Sadly the defeat against Rosenborg was not in the plans but accidents happen.
  • Danimal5981
    523 posts Sunday League Hero
    six out of five, not bad - steady as she goes
  • Alastair
    5653 posts Moderator
    Oh wow, I didn't expect that shake up to occur. Nice to see you're holding you own in the league and at least getting draws. Given the teams in the league avoiding relegation would be a success (I assume there is relegation).
  • ale85bg
    Sorry everyone for disappearing but I just had an awful week: I could barely play a couple of matches, let alone do the graphics! :joy:

good win over Swansea, I mean at least you are proving hard to beat but you can't keep missing sitters like that Stuttgart game
    Yeah, that's my main problem at the moment. Hopefully we'll be able to find something more effective upfront soon... Maybe I'll try playing with two players upfront and see what happens.

Pione Sisto? Who's this? I have never heard anything about him! :/
    He's a Danish player, currently playing for Celta Vigo. They say he's promising but he's not at Barça's level at the moment.

six out of five, not bad - steady as she goes
    Well, this is a positive thing after all: we scored more points than the number of matches we played! :joy:

Alastair wrote: »
    Given the teams in the league avoiding relegation would be a success (I assume there is relegation).
    There's not relegation (I'm playing in the EFL League 2 basically) but finishing around 15th could be a good result, I agree. We're not at Shakhtar's level or at WBA's one, to just name a couple of teams. Still, we're trying to do our best... Hopefully it will pay off! :)

kFOkg7B.png
  • subpop
    Definitely Red Star are doing what they were supposed to do considering the level of the rivals. Probably even better. It is not going to be an easy season but hopefully you can grow from here.
  • Ashy
    7492 posts League Winner
    Quite surprised Tenerife are so high in the table to be honest, you are only 4 points of the top half of the table you just need a decent run against teams around you. Interesting news about the back-up goalkeeper let's see if he can break into the team