Forever 18 - A Kasey Keller Story

Comments

• ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Every time I see that, I want to punch someone or some thing. :s
    Yeah, it's pretty annoying... But worse things are to come: Dab anyone? :confounded:

Damn shame about El Zhar :s
    subpop wrote: »
    Sadly that bast*** Pepe doing his usual stuff.
    Pepe, urgh.
    Aaaaand... Apparently he's adding fuel to the flames:
    NaufOHV.png
    Despite this quarrel, Levante are doing fine in the league as thanks to the three vicroties in a row they are now mid-table, as per the board's expectations:

nFVWvby.png

• Wyojasond
    7580 posts League Winner
    :D Mourino at Vigo! Love it! Cleaning house like usual. Lol
  • JoshDFC
    695 posts Sunday League Hero
    Relegation contenders not with the start you have made :)
  • Greenman019
    2355 posts Fans' Favourite
    There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie. Anagram of meat is team... I don't know where I'm going with this..

Good to see you comfortably mid table. Celta Vigo need to get this Caine guy in. I reckon he could do a job for em.
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Pepe's got quite the mouth at his fingertips; I think he might be worse than Sigi. :D
  • ale85bg
    Dear journal,

life without El Zhar isn't as difficukt as I had expected honestly. It's true that he won us a huge load of points, especially the win against Vigo... By the way, talking about Vigo, it looks like they're not faring well at all: their manager is the first victim of the season apparently, and some of the fans' reactions have been hilarious:
    Celta Vigo need to get this Caine guy in. I reckon he could do a job for em.
    :D Mourino at Vigo! Love it! Cleaning house like usual. Lol
    Well they're actually abysmal so... Yes, I believe that Mouriño did the right thing. As usual, when a team isn't going as expected, it's the manager that pays the consequences, even if it's not his fault or, at least, not only his fault.

But let's go back to the main topic: we've received a lot of support from the fans about El Zhar's injury:
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Relegation contenders not with the start you have made :)
    Pepe's got quite the mouth at his fingertips; I think he might be worse than Sigi. :D
    I must thank them for all the support, but... We're all used to Pepe, to his tackles and to him never keeping his mouth shut, aren't we? :joy:

Still, without El Zhar we still managed to collect some heavy points, not without controversy especially against Zaragoza. I jumped up and started shouting for the penalty when I saw it, but I'm not that sure anymore after seeing it again on TV after the match:

RfuL3yV.png

UUsYgon.png

The bad thing is that we lost to Valencia. You may think they almost gave us a hiding if you just see the results but it's not like that. Yoel saved almost everything he could save and also something he shouldn't have been able to... We hit the woodwork twice, yet we lost 3-0 and this allows no excuse in the end. In all honesty, we misplaced a lot of passes so we somehow deserved to lose there. Not by that margin though.

gXOgfke.png

D3hbbsL.png

Luckily enough we managed to bounce back immediately after the derby, as we defeated Espanyol with a very convincing performance... Apart from the way Nikos celebrated after scoring of course. That "I'm an albatraoz" song has become viral way too much for my liking.

Now I gotta go dear journal, tomorrow I'll have the monthly meeting with the oard and I already know they'll want to know what happened against Valencia and what we're going to do to make sure that it won't happen again.
  • subpop
    616 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mixed results... but they will keep you in safe zones.

It is always sad to lose a derby against the "Chotos" though... especially at home.

At least you defeated Real Madrid B... I mean Espanyol. :D
  • ale85bg
    At least you defeated Real Madrid B... I mean Espanyol. :D
    Oh, that must be why they had Kiko Casilla in goal then. :joy:
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Mixed results, but they definitely could've been worse
  • KubaTown
    Losing the derby match will hurt - there's nothing worse for the fans! I remember Rubi's first game at the Mestalla where Levante outplayed Valencia but lost! Sickening :disappointed:
  • ale85bg
    Mixed results, but they definitely could've been worse
    Oh surely... We should've lost against Sevilla, our keeper did wonders! By the way, welcome back! :)

KubaTown wrote: »
    Losing the derby match will hurt - there's nothing worse for the fans!
    Yeah, I agree... And you haven't seen Victor's shot hit the post yet:

ockD85s.png

• Greenman019
    Ye, pretty mixed indeed. Still in a good place table wise though. The bad luck will end at some point and then you'll start moving up the table a bit.

Wonder if CR will be moving :o
  • subpop
    What's wrong with my Barça? :'(

Mid zone but quite near Europe... I guess that the following weeks will tell us more about your future.

• Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Slip ups like Valencia can happen, but I believe that you can win! (kind of catchy once you say it a few times). :)
  • Wyojasond
    7580 posts League Winner
    Wow, Barcelona way down there at the moment.
  • JoshDFC
    Tenth place is a great start after thirten games it show you will be competitive in the league against most teams
  • ale85bg
    What's wrong with my Barça? :'(
    Wow, Barcelona way down there at the moment.
    They had a nightmarish start of the season, they're slowly recovering though. I expect them to end up fighting for the title anyway. :)

Ye, pretty mixed indeed. Still in a good place table wise though.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Tenth place is a great start after thirten games it show you will be competitive in the league against most teams
    Thans guys! Yeah, luckily the table is very tight so a couple of good results would see us climb up big time. Well, not exactly like what happened this month though. :(

Rn4zESi.png

lgBoqKY.png

07EYSRs.png

The only positive thing is that we defeated Sigi this month. :joy:

Slip ups like Valencia can happen, but I believe that you can win! (kind of catchy once you say it a few times). :)
    Hopefully you're right, as we'll be facing them twice in the cup in January after disposing of Albacete Balompié this month (with a huge win at home and an abysmal defeat away, with players who rarely see the pitch in the league though:

y563vNP.png

FohNui3.png

• IAmLikingFlame
    Bad month overall there. A solid but expected win over Tenerife, and you walloped Albacete in the first leg (although losing in the second leg made that result much less impressive so I'm a bit mixed on that too at this point) but other than that the month was less than great. Your players have gotta get their **** together so you can have a shot at Europe come the end of the year.
  • Chip
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    the graphics are lovely
  • subpop
    Mixed results that won't help to climb positions. In LaCopa much better, but you faced a weak team there. I wish you can find the way to grow.
  • Wyojasond
    7580 posts League Winner
    :s Not a great month again, but you did advance in the cup so there's that
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Those two losses can't be good for you league standing, but pretty good cup win. Perhaps going the cup route might be the way to Europe next season. If Keller finds himself in a bind think: WWSD.

What Would Sigi Do? :p
  • Greenman019
    Damn. BIt of a struggle still. Think it'll take you a while to settle in and get some good results.
  • ale85bg
    edited March 4
    Your players have gotta get their **** together so you can have a shot at Europe come the end of the year.
    Mixed results that won't help to climb positions.
    :s Not a great month again, but you did advance in the cup so there's that
    Damn. BIt of a struggle still. Think it'll take you a while to settle in and get some good results.
    Thank you everyone for the support! :)
    Yeah things are not going exactly like planned but we're still there in the mix. A couple of good results and we'll be back in a good position.

Chip wrote: »
    the graphics are lovely
    Thank you pal, glad you liked them! :)

What Would Sigi Do? :p
    He'd probably be already bragging with something like "we'll be kicking Valencia out of the cup with ease", so I don't think it's the case to ask myself what would he do honestly. :p
  • ale85bg
    Dear journal,

it's Christmas morning and I just received one of the worst presents ever: Andreas Ivanschitz is out for two weeks.
    I mean, why can't we have some luck for once?

Some of the guys asked me to go out fo a drink last night to celebrate Christmas, and after a couple of beers we decided to go to the ice rink to have some fun.
    fnYNGX9.png
    Wonderful place, isn't it? This little iced square in the centre of the city is what we needed to spend some time together relaxing and without thinking about the league, about the cup, about the injuries...

Everything looked fine until Andreas slipped and went down in pain. Of course we had to give up our Christmas party and rush him to the closest hospital, where he also had to spend the night waiting to be checked by an orthopaedist.

Useless to say, our fears became true this morning when he finally got checked:
    ilXwlQh.png
    So, we'll begin the next year without both the wingers, and without Sissoko which is one of our best players in the midfield. Apparently El Zhar and Sissoko will be back during the first days of the month, while Andreas will miss several matches including the first leg of the cup tie against Valencia.

Merry Christmas dear journal... I wish Santa had brought me a magical healing potion, but apparently such a potion doesn't exist.
    Or, at least, this is what Santa said to me.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Yikes that one's gotta hurt. Being without him will definitely make things tougher for the next few matches.
  • Chip
    Stupid Ivanschitz
  • ale85bg
    Yikes that one's gotta hurt.
    Chip wrote: »
    Stupid Ivanschitz
    Unfortunately it's so... And if you consider that the fans are already angry for the last month to the point that the board had to call a press conference in which Keller would answer the fans' and the journalists' questions (by the way, questions are welcome) you get the idea of how dangerous the situation could become...

v6maMm3.png

• IAmLikingFlame
    Ooh, any question, eh? ;) Well in that case...

Mr. Keller, how do you respond to the allegations that you intentionally rigged the ice to intentionally make Ivanschitz slip and injure himself to try to cover up an affair involving Sigi Schmid and Ivanschitz's wife?
  • Chip
    Do you like pizza