Forever 18 - A Kasey Keller Story

Comments

• Greenman019
    2355 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ye very rough start. Hopefully you can build on the performance against Bilbao since you say it wasn't too bad.
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    On the bright side, Keller earned his first of (hopefully) many more points for the season. :) Some great game shots in your scoreboards.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Ye very rough start. Hopefully you can build on the performance against Bilbao since you say it wasn't too bad.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    On the bright side, Keller earned his first of (hopefully) many more points for the season. :)
    Pretty much this. We play good football, we're just wasting too many chances. Not good results, but satisfying possession and buildup at least. :)

Oooofff! Man. What the heck happened :s
    I'm just poor at finishing... Look at the chance I wasted against Bilbao! It went in the first page of the site... :p

6mtIBSx.png
  • Danimal5981
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's just the beginning: steady head, stable course and you'll become a solid mid-table team, I'm sure.
  • subpop
    616 posts Sunday League Hero
    Suffering always is in Levante DNA. Humble, but strong. Come on! Dont give up!
  • ale85bg
    It's just the beginning: steady head, stable course and you'll become a solid mid-table team, I'm sure.
    subpop wrote: »
    Thanks guys!

Meanwhile the transfer market goes on, and we get closer and closer to the deadline day... Let's see together what happened up to today, August 30, 2014:

0ZvvLdx.png

• Greenman019
    Di Maria will be a huge success at United. Mark my words ^^

Also, that deflected shot in the graphic from before, just wow O_o
  • KubaTown
    695 posts Sunday League Hero

I love this club - you'll do great @ale85bg !
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Don't have a lot to add since my last comment other than shoot better. :D Transfer article looks great with some pretty realistic transfers. :p
  • Wyojasond
    7580 posts League Winner
    Di Maria to United :o :o :o They'll be unstoppable soon :D
  • ale85bg
    Di Maria to United :o :o :o They'll be unstoppable soon :D
    Di Maria will be a huge success at United. Mark my words ^^
    Also, that deflected shot in the graphic from before, just wow O_o
    Yeah, Di María is a great player... But I don't know, I honestly don't see him staying at United for a long period. You know, PSG do have lots of money. Just sayin'.

KubaTown wrote: »
    I love this club - you'll do great ale85bg!
    Thank you pal, I'll try not to let you fans down! :)

Don't have a lot to add since my last comment other than shoot better.
    I know... :disappointed:

• ale85bg
    wmCBows.png

Dear friends, and football fans from all over the world, welcome to this live coverage of the deadline day here on MARCA TV. This is Francisco Navarro speaking and we'll be together for the next 10 hours, until the transfer market closes.
    Everyone has started working already, and the most important day of the transfer market has just begun. Let's find out together what happens!

12 PM - 10 HOURS TO GO
    So it begins! Deadline day is underway: with many unsettled players like Xabi Alonso and Thibaut Courtois and with many teams willing to strengthen themselves after a false start, will it reserve some unexpected twists to us? Let's see it together in the next hours!

1 PM - 9 HOURS TO GO
    The first hour has gome and, as it is often the case, the transfer market got off to a slow start. No big deal in the first hour of the day: Rasmus Elm leaves CSKA Moscow to join Lazio for a reported fee of €8 million, and Bobby Green leaves QPR to join Aston Villa. Will this move free Willy Caballero perhaps?
    The biggest move of the first hour of the day is Nicolas Otamendi's transfer: the defender from Argentina leaves Olympique Lyon and joins Valencia for an undisclosed fee.

2 PM - 8 HOURS TO GO
    The situation keeps being relaxed here, with no big deal yet. The main piece of news is that Italian side Torino signed Ezequiel Scarione for a reported fee in the region of €6 million. Other transfers worth mentioning are Huth leaving Stoke to join German side Hoffenheim and Arsenal signing Qazaishvili from Vitesse.

3 PM - 7 HOURS TO GO
    Something finally starts moving as Italian striker Ciro Immobile leaves Torino to join German side Borussia Dortmund. Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are reportedly in talks for a player swap but we don't know anything more than this at the moment. Rumour has it that it will involve Real's Xabi Alonso, unsettled and out of Carlo Ancelotti's plans. British sides also have been active in this hour, as Southampton signed South African goalkeeper Khune from Kaizer Chiefs and West Brom lured the forward Maxi Moralez from Atalanta.

4 PM - 6 HOURS TO GO
    Huge amounts of cash started to flow in this hour as PSG signed the French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris from Tottenham in a €31,5 million deal. Another goalkeeper moves and it's the Belgian Thibaut Courtois, leaving Chelsea and joining Manchester City for a whopping €43,5 million fee. Many other moves happened such as Chelsea signing Lassane Bangoura from Rayo Vallecano and Freiburg luring West Ham's Reid.

5 PM - 5 HOURS TO GO
    We're halfway through the transfer deadline day and something very interesting happened just some minutes ago: Real Madrid and FC Bayern came to an agreement involving Xabi Alonso and Toni Kroos. The German midfielder will fly to Spain in exchange for the Spanish volante who's currently undergiong medicals in Germany.
    Bayern were not done there though, as they confirmed the signing of Zakaria Bakkali from PSV.

6 PM - 4 HOURS TO GO
    Here comes the deal you wouldn't expect: Real Madrid won the race for Falcao, as the Colombian striker leaves AS Monaco for a fee exceeding € 60 million. Chelsea were really close, but Real just did things quicker apparently.
    Other news: Mallorca signed Nicholls from Northampton, Stade Rennais signed Wanderson from FC Krasnodar and last but not least Modibo Diakité joined French team Toulouse.

7 PM - 3 HOURS TO GO
    Things start getting hot in here as Manchester City also sign defender Diego Godín from Atlético Madrid. Zaragoza sign Edson Buddle from Colorado Rapids while Arsenal buy Carlos Mané from Sporting CP for little more than € 7 million.

8 PM - 2 HOURS TO GO
    Two hours to go, and we just witnessed a huge deal: PSG and Cavani's roads part today. The striker is joining Chelsea already this evening. € 69,5 millions are travelling the opposite way as we speak. The signing of Léonard Kweuke by Genoa, even if worth €16 million, just couldn't compete.

9 PM - 1 HOUR TO GO
    Marchesín from Lanús to Hull City and Rakitskiy from Shakhtar Donetsk to Parma are the only transfers of this hour. We feel the transfer deadline day has already offered its best moments at this stage and we don't expect huge deals in the next hour.

10 PM - WINDOW CLOSED
    As predicted, there have been no major deals anymore in the last hour. Juventus signed Kolovas from Olympiacos for €2,3 million and West Bromwich lured Kokmaz from Fenerbahçe. The last deal of this transfer window happened in Italy: the goalkeeper Željko Brkić left Udinese and joined fellow Italian side Sassuolo.

It's all from your man Francisco Navarro, who leaves you with the list of the five most expensive deals of the whole summer 2014 transfer session:
    EnpTEG7.png
  • Greenman019
    Nice writeup, plenty of deals.

The whole Luiz saga though, mad.
  • Wyojasond
    7580 posts League Winner
    Lloris to PSG :o
  • ale85bg
    Dear journal,

the month started in a strange way. While the transfer market didn't change our shape much, there has been a team facing a revolution.
    It was of course PSG: after finishing second last year after Olympique Marseille after conceding an outrageous amount of goals, they decided that strengthen their defence could be a good thing to do.
    Enter David Luiz and Hugo Lloris.
    Of course, when you spend a lot you must find the funds somewhere... What about selling Cavani?
    PSG's behaviour on the market also generated a lot of discussion among the fans of course:
    The whole Luiz saga though, mad.
    Lloris to PSG :o

Another team that moved a lot on the market has been Real Madrid: James Rodríguez, Toni Kroos, Keylor Navas... At the expense of letting Ángel Di María go of course... Still, among all the discussions about the market, something epic happened. We defeated FC Barcelona:

yW9eJ7G.png

Of course we would've never been able to make it against their full-fledged team... But hey, it' not my fault if they fielded five or six substitutes against us. It might also serve them well.
    On our side, the super-sub Víctor Pérez decided the match. After going 1-0 down with a goal by Alex Song, we reacted and managed to score the equalizer with a long ranger by Pérez against which Masip was definitely not perfect. They attacked, and attacked, and attacked again... But we played a perfect game of strenuously defending and trying to hit on the counter. A long pass to El Zhar, he outpaced Jordi Alba who brought him down... Penalty, and Víctor Pérez scored the second.
    I still cannot believe it dear journal!

Of course, we can't just rely on Víctor Pérez: against Mallorca El Zhar won another penalty. The Moroccan winger is just unstoppable in this period... But Víctor unfortunately missed it.

azDjPNZ.png

The third match of the month was against my former team, Rayo Vallecano. I really had to thank Ivanschitz for the win, as he scored a wonder goal to make it 2-1 after they equalized our initial goal by... Guess who? That's right, El Zhar.

huNQIia.png

Going for a deserved rest now dear journal... I think I deserve it after such a month.

• Danimal5981
    7 out of three games including a win against Barça! Impressive!
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    That was a Keller victory over Barcelona. Shame about Perez missing the PK, I mean penalty (geez the British press is going to have a field day). Live long and prosper! Wait, wrong words of encouragement. :o
  • subpop
    Really good results there. Even if Barça were full of subs, it is an achievement.

Looks like El Zhar is on fire.
  • JoshDFC
    what a result against Barcelona nobody would have expected that brilliant result and picking up some great form because of the boost given to you
  • Greenman019
    Beating Barca is very impressive, even if it wasn't their strongest XI. Weird how you go and have a 0-0 then in the game after ^^
  • ale85bg
    Weird how you go and have a 0-0 then in the game after ^^
    Shame about Perez missing the PK, I mean penalty
    My bad. 100% my fault unfortunately... See the penalty in the image, it's been taken in an abysmal fashion! :confounded:
    Despite this, we climbed up to a more than respectable position in the table so I can't really be sad about it...

7 out of three games including a win against Barça! Impressive!
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    what a result against Barcelona
    Really good results there. Even if Barça were full of subs, it is an achievement.
    Looks like El Zhar is on fire.
    Thanks guys! Well, Barcelona playing without many starters has surely helped... Yet I'm glad to see it end this way because the post-match analysis does really show what kind of match it's been...
    I must say that the "Hoofball 101" book I bought off Amazon last week has worked perfectly.

And yes, El Zhar has been absolutely immense this month... I remembered him being a wonderful player to play with in FIFA World, but in FIFA 15 he's almost illegal! :joy:
    That's why he's featured on the club's website for this month...

XavFJ9q.png
  • subpop
    Love to see a team with great wingers. It is always the kind of players I look for, and it is not easy to find them.

Good position so far. Let's see if you can grow from here.
  • Danimal5981
    Yup, this is more where I expect you to end, more or less...
  • KubaTown
    Trump owner of CD Tenerife :lol:

Has that been mentioned before and I've missed it or...?

Bet he loves defending free kicks...
  • Greenman019
    Barcelona not doing too well it seems.
  • ale85bg
    edited February 26
    KubaTown wrote: »
    Bet he loves defending free kicks...
    LOL! Now I see what he meant when he signed Samuel and presented him to the fans using "Another brick in th wall" by Pink Floyd as background music. :joy:
    What if he becomes President one day or another? It can get interesting pretty quickly. :flushed:

By the way, I don't know if you were already here when Trump made his first appearance in the story...

Good position so far. Let's see if you can grow from here.
    Yup, this is more where I expect you to end, more or less...
    Thanks guys! Growing from here would be a great result but honestly I don't know whether it will be possible... We're more of a mid-table team for the moment. :)

Barcelona not doing too well it seems.
    Yeah, they just decided that we were too weak for their starters to get tire against us, and just decided to field the subds. It serves them well, even if I already fear what they'll do to us in the Camp Nou! :joy:

Meanwhile, the league goes on and apparently Real Madrid didn't make the same mistake Barcelona did:

gxbrTXb.png

Fmme7dM.png

K5Iq0Gs.png

The worst thing about the match against Real has not been the hiding though... Our best man suffered a painful injury and won't be available for two months at least... And apparently he didn't react that well to it:
    2AFhkKL.png
  • subpop
    Good results there. I guess losing against Madrid is normal, but the season goes in the right direction.

Sadly that bast*** Pepe doing his usual stuff. He should be in jail since long ago. :neutral:
  • Wyojasond
    7580 posts League Winner
    Just catching up again. Went on a very ympressive streak there until those B******* from Madrid took you out. Damn shame about El Zhar :s
  • Greenman019
    Pepe, urgh.

On the whole though, 3 good results. Madrid were always going to be favourites in that match-up. Nice to get 6 points in 2 tricky away games though. Injury is a bit awkward however.
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    To lose El Zhar on top of a 4-1 win by Real Madrid has to be painful, but you know what the worst thing about that match is...that damn heart sign with the hands. Every time I see that, I want to punch someone or some thing. :s