Forever 18 - A Kasey Keller Story

Comments

• Greenman019
    2364 posts Fans' Favourite
    Much better month but it's only 2 places in the table. Need to get a bit of a run going now to get where you wanna be. Think you could do well if Adu stays fit, seems to be something of a lucky charm.

Btw in the first match little typo where it says te instead of the.
  • Dean
    809 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Since it's the first time I've been in here since about Christmas, I love the new graphics! :joy:

Nice last day of the season update as well. :smile: Just a shame about the outcome...

The potential is there to challenge for the top places but the team just seem to be underperforming at the moment, early days in the season though.
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Good to see things have turned around some. Will need to string together a few more wins to catch Bayer. Freddie is having quite the season; guess he just needed a change of scenery.

Sorry I missed the questions to Sigi, which leads me to make a request. Since I'm half a world away and this is one of the main stories I follow, I humbly ask for more time between question and answers. Also, if you could find a way to squeeze matches played in the table then all would be right in the world. After all, it's all about me. :p
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Think you could do well if Adu stays fit, seems to be something of a lucky charm.
    Btw in the first match little typo where it says te instead of the.
    Thanks! Yeah Adu is having a great season, hopefully he'll keep on like that. He's almost vital for us, I don't know what we'd do without him.
    Thanks for pointing it out, fixing it tomorrow when I get hold of my desktop where the graphic files are. :)

Dean wrote: »
    Since it's the first time I've been in here since about Christmas, I love the new graphics! :joy:
    The potential is there to challenge for the top places but the team just seem to be underperforming at the moment, early days in the season though.
    Thanks! Well, we almost reached half of the season now... It's safe to start speculating a little. :)

Virtual_K wrote: »
    Since I'm half a world away and this is one of the main stories I follow, I humbly ask for more time between question and answers.
    I heard Sigi is very active on Twitter and Facebook, so... Drop a question anytime and he'll most likely see it and answer. :)
    About the table, honestly I haven't thought of it. My bad. I've already made the December update, but I'll try and get the 'matches played' clumn squeezed in starting from January.

Meanwhile, if anyone was wondering how December went... Wonder no more!

6OLg4X3.png

SoPCdk3.png

FM88Zew.png

NTKxrDw.png

And this is the monthly report... Climbing up, baby!

QpqbiIO.png
  • Wyojasond
    7585 posts League Winner
    Sorry man. Got way behind on this. Rough few games there, but starting to play some amazing football again lately. Loved the interview. Can't ever see a world with Trump winning an election, but maybe he can surprise a few people with Sigis speech :D
  • ale85bg
    Can't ever see a world with Trump winning an election, but maybe he can surprise a few people with Sigis speech :D
    We just have to wait and see! :joy:
    Meanwhile, HAPPY 2014 to everyone! :) As usual, every new year brings a new transfer window...

MnI2vy2.png

The transfer window has just begun, but it already looks like there are some "mot wanted" players in the Bundesliga. One of them, the most famous, is surely Arjen Robben. The Dutch winger struggled to find his playing time in the 4-1-2-1-2 formation FC Bayern have been using since the arrival of Suarez from Livepool, and he's now looking for an alternative. FC Barcelona reportedly already came with an offer, let's see if it's enough for Bayern and if the player will be convinced of the move.
    Another player under the spotlight is Mainz 05's Andreas Ivanschitz. The left winger has drawn a lot of interest on himself, especially by foreign teams. Rumour has it there's a German team willing to sign him and according to the press it's Borussia Mönchengladbach. Another player in which many teams are interested is the German Tolga Ciğerci. The former Gladbach midfielder of Turkish descent is currently playing for Wolfsburg and according to rumours Manchester City are very interested.
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Another brutal loss to Schalke but also three wins and three clean sheets. Current position seems a little tenuous, but if you can keep the run going then you might start to get some separation. Maybe Sigi should throw in a bid for Robben. ;)
  • JoshDFC
    707 posts Sunday League Hero
    3 great wins and your within touching distance of the top four be interesting to see if you sign anyone to help push you over the line in the second half of the season
  • ale85bg
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    3 great wins and your within touching distance of the top four
    What surprises me the most is that we're still there, even after a not-so-great January...

Current position seems a little tenuous, but if you can keep the run going then you might start to get some separation.
    We faced Bayern and Bayer Leverkusen who are two of the most powerful teams of the league, but we're still up there fighting for a Champions League spot knowing that we won't have to face them anymore in the season... We can do it!

gBf4fk8.png

lOMLOoY.png

DAmHCMS.png

Three points out of three matches aren't that good as a result for a team willing to qualify for the Champions League, but the table apparently is still shorter than expected:

OyMQKNI.png
  • Greenman019
    Not a very good run but they're top teams I guess. Surprised the gap is only 4 points from the top four to be honest. Don't think anyone can catch Bayern but a UCL qualifying finish is still on the cards.
  • ale85bg
    Don't think anyone can catch Bayern but a UCL qualifying finish is still on the cards.
    Well, it's a team which can afford to sell Robben and Mandzukic because they are hardly getting any playing time... Go figure! :joy: As of now they are the team to beat, and will be the team to beat for several seasons to come...
    Meanwhile, we tried to place an offer for Ivanschitz but it got turned down with no mercy by Mainz:

IR5CTIw.png

• Greenman019
    Oh yeh. Not unexpected but still, solid lead already at this stage of the season is impressive.

Nice signing in Rudiger by the way. Good player.
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    I remember Diego Forlan from World Cup 2010; always kind of liked him. Not sure Robben will get more playing time at Barcelona, but hey, money talks. Bayern is just too mighty, but shame to lose against Bayer when you're trying to catch them. Good luck to Keller managing the next match. :)
  • ale85bg
    edited January 30
    I remember Diego Forlan from World Cup 2010; always kind of liked him. Not sure Robben will get more playing time at Barcelona, but hey, money talks.
    I believe Robben will find his space honestly: Barcelona are playing a false nine 4-3-3 with Neymar on the left flank, Messi as a CF and Pedro (well, Robben now) as a right winger.

Nice signing in Rudiger by the way. Good player.
    Yeah, I agree. Without Amorebielsa (foolish of Monaco to come and make that offer... I just couldn't turn it down) I needed at least another rotation player as Brouwers isn't that convincing lately in all honesty. What surprised me is Stranzl's form, majestic. Aaaaaand, speaking of Austrian superstars, I should've insisted more with Mainz for Ivanschitz. Guess what? Adu suffered a knee injury and his season is over. :cry:

z5I2LJ3.png

JLd1vXF.png

IkM5LyS.png

• JoshDFC
    still fighting for Champions League qualification nice signing in Rudiger :)
  • Greenman019
    Adu nooooo :[

Good couple of results though. Must be moving up the table a bit.
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Freddie just can't catch a break, except literally of course. We'll see who steps up or out as the case may be.
  • ale85bg
    still fighting for Champions League qualification nice signing in Rudiger :)
    I agree, and I also guess you know him better than me! :joy:

We'll see who steps up or out as the case may be.
    It'll be Bieler for the moment, but there's also Mlapa ready to give his contribution if needed. I wish I had insisted for Ivanschitz though. :confounded:

Good couple of results though. Must be moving up the table a bit.
    Yeah, indeed if the league ended today we would reach our objective. Don't ask me how, but we're fourth!

NaaazO7.png

• Wyojasond
    7585 posts League Winner
    Oh Freddy! Hopefully the team can rally around him and push through.
  • ale85bg
    edited February 1
    Oh Freddy! Hopefully the team can rally around him and push through.
    Well, apparently we're still pushing.
    We had to move from a 4-4-2 to a 3-1-4-2 due to both our left backs being unavailable: Wendt was suspended and Daems suffered an injury during training (nothing major luckily). It worked out in a great fashion until the end of the month, when we just crumbled outrageously against Dortmund... Piszczek absoultely destroyed us on his flank, and we've been perhaps a little too slow to react.

xA61QAZ.png

BkEfeo9.png

m0OcvFo.png

ZLle2Ai.png

JvpaGjo.png
  • JoshDFC
    3 good wins and a draw forget the defeat away to such a dominant Dortmund team that is to be expected against a team like them
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Now that Sigi has established he doesn't need Freddy, what will his future hold I wonder? A good run overall despite the loss to Dortmund. Gladbach still missing that final piece of the puzzle.
  • Greenman019
    Almost an unbeaten month. Bit of a hefty loss at the end but still a very nice run of results overall. 5-0 or 1-0 it's all the same at the end of the day points wise. Should have had a really good positive effect on your table position.
  • ale85bg
    3 good wins and a draw forget the defeat away to such a dominant Dortmund team that is to be expected against a team like them
    Yeah, Braunschweig had us suffer more than we should have though, and also the match against Hertha hasn't been as good as I had expected despite the win. Six matches to go, we'd need at least four wins according to Sigi. Let's see!

Now that Sigi has established he doesn't need Freddy, what will his future hold I wonder?
    I'm not sure that we don't need Freddy honestly. He might aswell be the final piece of the puzzle himself.

5-0 or 1-0 it's all the same at the end of the day points wise. Should have had a really good positive effect on your table position.
    That's sure, losing 1-0 or 5-0 gives you the same amount of points, but... It surely leaves your players with a different morale. :(
    About the table, well, I'm not really surprised to see it didn't change, as we obtained some good results but dropped five points in the process. We're still fourth!

IE9wZBB.png

• Greenman019
    Still looking good in 4th, bit of a gap with the top 3 though.

Look at de Jong :o
  • ale85bg
    Still looking good in 4th, bit of a gap with the top 3 though.
    Yeah, they're almost out of sight now, they're too far ahead.
    What scares me the most is Hamburger with two games in hand, virtually they're able to overtake us and they could therefore kick us out of the top four... :neutral:
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Hamburger would scare me too, I mean think of all the calories! :o Seriously, even if they win the two games in hand, it's only three points. Dortmund aside, the play of Gladbach has been pretty solid. Keep the faith!
  • ale85bg
    Hamburger would scare me too, I mean think of all the calories! :o
    Apparently Sigi doesn't fear either hamburgers or any other kind of food though... But it's alright as long as he can guide us to a Champions League qualification! :joy:

WiI5z6y.png

5OZZiHx.png

zEHqOiQ.png

2fi8oCD.png

• Greenman019
    Just can't get on a run right now but still looking good in the race for 4th I think. Need to win these last 2. Gonna be tight.
  • Wyojasond
    7585 posts League Winner
    Gonna be another nail biter to finish in the top 4