Forever 18 - A Kasey Keller Story

Comments

• Wyojasond
    7580 posts League Winner
    Tough but expected loss to Barcelona. Team rebounded though and is playing its best football of the year.
  • dannyboy
    12177 posts Has That Special Something
    Some decent results here, shame you couldn't equalize in the CL though
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Tough but expected loss to Barcelona. Team rebounded though and is playing its best football of the year.
    Yeah, despite never liking FIFA 13 much it looks like I found the right feeling and now results are starting to come. Better late than never they say.
    Now wait for the same thing to happen when I switch to FIFA 14 and I play it like I was playing 13... :unamused:

dannyboy wrote: »
    Some decent results here, shame you couldn't equalize in the CL though
    Yeah, we were stupid to go all out attack straight after conceding the first, leaving them a lot of space to exploit to score the second (it's clear in the video, both Messi and Pedro were almost unmarked on the 2-0).
    Better luck next year, provided that we reach the UEL (a thing which is feasible but totally unsure yet, looking at the current table):

weIOQEU.png

• ale85bg
    edited January 10
    Dear journal,

I don't know what to do anymore with Sigi. I mean, he just can't keep his mouth shut to save his life apparently.
    Once again, he said things that he could be regretting pretty soon... And he didn't even realize it!

I get he's all excited because we got three wins in a row so far this month, but starting with the boasting when nothing is decided yet can backfire on him pretty easily. It has always been so, it will most likely happen again sooner or later. Yet he either doesn't care or he's too stubborn to understand it.

Well, results might aswell be on his side this time, as we cruised past each and every opponent we've met in April climbing up to 5th in the process...

bfOol0h.png

HOK5Cdx.png

XcoWyyD.png

...but this doesn't grant him the right to brag like there's no tomorrow like he did just some minutes ago.
    Because tomorrow WILL eventually come, my dear... And I hope for you everything works as you expect. If it doesn't for some reason, be aware that this little conversation will backfire on you big time:

XyOLcLm.png

Time to call it a night my journal, tomorrow it's a crucial day. Either we defeat Wolfsburg, or Sigi will be mocked for weeks. And it will only be his fault.
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Damn, I really thought you were going to get the equalizer against Barcelona. Oh well, good showing at least that carried over into league. You mean the Timbers Army aren't willing to give Sigi the finger? :D
  • ale85bg
    Dear Journal,

I met a fellow American fan today in Gladbach... We spoke a little about the Bundesliga, about the MLS as he told me he supports the Galaxy, and then he asked me a question to which I honestly wouldn't have wanted to know the answer:
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    You mean the Timbers Army aren't willing to give Sigi the finger? :D
    Unfortunately I had to tell him that they always are, especially since Sigi's attitude backfired on him once again last night (did you have any doubt?):

M91A9nC.png

He tried to blame it on the guys after the match, and he wasn't totally wrong: we played an awful match. Awful! When Adu left the field we almost disappeared: Rupp tried his best, but unfortunately Freddie is impossible to replace at the moment.
    Three matches to go now, the UCL has almost gone but the UEL chances are still intact. Well, almost!
    Meanwhile, the Plonkers Army didn't miss the chance to make fun of Sigi once again, of course:

QugJlHR.png

I don't mean to be nasty, but it serves him right this time. He really should learn to keep his bloody mouth shut before the matches. Yet, he always seems like saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.
  • Wyojasond
    7580 posts League Winner
    :D Poor sigi. Guy just can't keep his mouth shut when a big match rolls around. Tough loss to Wolfsburg after such an amazing run in the league. Hopefully just a blip though.
  • Greenman019
    2355 posts Fans' Favourite
    3 wins from 3 and then you lose to Wolfsburg after Sigis antics :(

Still can make top 4 though. Just lock him up for a while, he's bad luck when he talks
  • ale85bg
    Tough loss to Wolfsburg after such an amazing run in the league. Hopefully just a blip though.
    Just lock him up for a while, he's bad luck when he talks
    Well, to be fair I feel everything is still open even with this defeat... UCL spots are getting a little too far (three matches left) but we can still fight for UEL. Hopefully Sigi's spell runs out before the next match against Schalke (which will be a difficult one, I already know it)...

fd7Nkm8.png

• ale85bg
    Dear Journal,

We might have done everything to no avail. After raising to 6th and building a little gap from the teams trailing, we drew twice and threw everything down the drain.
    Well... A draw against Schalke could be foreseen, but the draw against Mainz has no excuses of any kind. Especially because their main man Ivanschitz had to exit the pitch on a stretcher halfway through the first half.

Lk2AZn7.png

Fbn7iaU.png

Currently the table says Leverkusen and Wolfsburg 55, Gladbach 54. We either need a draw hoping for one of them to lose or, if we manage to win, we must hope at least one of them doesn't.
    With also relegation and the title being still on the line, it's gonna be a Hell of a final day. And the fact we'll be playing FC Bayern who are fighting for the league title doesn't sound that good to me.

See you soon dear Journal, tonight will be a very intense night.
  • JoshDFC
    695 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's going to be tough playing Bayern but you have to believe a couple of bad results have gone against you but your one win away from the Europa league
  • Greenman019
    Still possible but the odds are stacked you to say the least. Think you can get a result though.
  • ale85bg
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    It's going to be tough playing Bayern but you have to believe a couple of bad results have gone against you but your one win away from the Europa league
    Still possible but the odds are stacked you to say the least. Think you can get a result though.
    Well, first half isn't really promising...

Y0gYIQe.png

• ale85bg
    And indeed, things didn't change in the second half. We couldn't get past Neuer again, and Wolfsburg equalized late to send us home without anything.

AqFbTGm.png
  • Greenman019
    Wow, Dortmund gave the 6-0 a good go.

Don't think the 1-1 result is that bad considering the opposition. At least you got into the Europa league, although it's not what you wanted (Especially considering it was UCL this season). But I'm sure you'll improve over the off season, perhaps even be able to challenge Bayern.
  • ale85bg
    Ahem, we didn't! :joy:
    Wolfsburg equalized late into their match and this means no European football for us next season. :(
  • Greenman019
    edited January 12
    Oh :{

Idk why but I looked at the table before and saw you 6th and them in 7th, both drawing so a UEL finish, but forgot about those 2 games in between xD

Well that's a bit of a miss. Still, lack of Europa league might help your chances in the league next season.
    Post edited by Greenman019 on
  • JoshDFC
    695 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's a good result but it's gutting that it isn't enough to get you European football
  • Wyojasond
    7580 posts League Winner
    :s What a brutal finish to the season. So close yet so far away. Team needs to find some stability this summer and make a serious title run next year.
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Bummer, but missing out on Europe isn't all that bad when the team has shown improvement over the course of the season. Just ask that Galaxy fan you met a while back; he'll tell you the same. :)
  • ale85bg
    Well that's a bit of a miss. Still, lack of Europa league might help your chances in the league next season.
    What a brutal finish to the season. So close yet so far away.
    Yeah, we wasted it unfortunately. Totally our fault. I mean, I understand a loss to Wolfsburg could happen (they were our direct contenders after all) and I already took into account I would not be winning against Schalke and Bayern (I actually am happy for the result against Bayern itself, what the heck! It's an achievement)... But I couldn't really foresee that draw against Mainz. I was sooooo close to accidentally cause a blackout just to say "oops, what a pity... I didn't have the time to save"...
    But I'm a good guy after all. :smiley:

JoshDFC wrote: »
    It's a good result but it's gutting that it isn't enough to get you European football
    Oh, surely it's a good result per se... It's just that we should've done better in the previous matches.

Bummer, but missing out on Europe isn't all that bad when the team has shown improvement over the course of the season.
    Oh, surely. We just need to wipe last four matches and restart from the mid-April form... Not a simple task, but Sigi'll try and get it done.

EHgPXRH.png

• ale85bg
    Dear journal,

a couple of weeks have passed since the dramatic final day that saw us slip out of European football spots after a very bad month of may.
    As June has now begun, Sigi let the players free yesterday. They will have a month to recharge their batteries and to come back with the right attitude for the next season, we will be needing that.
    This means that we'll have a couple of weeks without training. Sigi is insisting that I help him collect all the seasonal data so he could figure out who played better than expected and who didn't live up to the expectations... A couple of departures are expected this summer so he needs the board to find him prepared.

I told him that I would help him collect the results of other leagues, so we could hopefully find someone to sign there... And voilà, five minutes of browsing and Kicker answered all of my questions:

Am9iXGZ.png

My duty is completed, now I might aswell book a flight to the USA to see my family and, hopefully, to see a couple of matches played by the Sounders.

See you soon dear journal: the next season will begin sooner than I expect, most likely. Meanwhile, there's still the market!
  • Greenman019
    Nice way of presenting what happened in the other leagues. Hell of a title win for PSG.

Be interesting to see if you can progress next season and build on it now. Transfer dealings will be important.
  • Wyojasond
    7580 posts League Winner
    Love that kicker graphic. Very very impressive. I've been disappointed with my monthly update graphic this year, so I might try to pull some inspiration from it :) Can't what to see what happens next season.
  • ale85bg
    edited January 15
    Nice way of presenting what happened in the other leagues. Hell of a title win for PSG.
    Thanks! And yes, they played a wonderful season indeed. When you have the best squad of the elague by far, though, it's to be expected...

Love that kicker graphic. Very very impressive. I've been disappointed with my monthly update graphic this year, so I might try to pull some inspiration from it :)
    I'd be honoured! :)
    To be honest it's something I kinda recycled from my FIFA 16 thread... But I like it very very much too, to the extent that I decided to use it also for some transfers! :joy:

B2nGTg9.png
  • Greenman019
    Good to get an extension for Stranzi. Hoping for some good new signings as well though :)
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    I'll add my thumbs up to the Kicker articles, even if it is recycled (like none of us have ever done that). ;) M'Gladbach can probably expect to be closer to the top next season, that is if Sigi doesn't give himself a heart attack. Interested, as well, to what moves Sigi will make in the off season.
  • ale85bg
    I'll add my thumbs up to the Kicker articles, even if it is recycled (like none of us have ever done that). ;)
    Thanks man! Glad you like them too! :)

Good to get an extension for Stranzi. Hoping for some good new signings as well though :)
    Hopefully we could sign a couple of players, yes... I was planning to sign someone on the left to replace Arango but not only Adu grew a lot during last season, it looks like in FIFA 14 he's even more devasting! :joy:

2Fgzshp.png

2SL5YPF.png

Despite having a good pre-season so far, Gladbach started to move on the market and a couple of days after the match against Palace we could finally announce our first signing: Christoph Kramer has joined Borussia on a 2-year deal!
    1sdDUVS.png
  • Greenman019
    Nice start. Adu and De Jong seem to be in good form again. Be nice to win the pre season tournament, know more about the EPL teams as well so I know better where you are ^^

Kramer seems like a solid midfield player as well, looks a good signing.
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Pretty decent start to the preseason. Could I have misjudged Freddie? Only time will tell.