EA Have failed yet again...

BigBuffalo
606 posts Sunday League Hero
63i0x3i.png

For yet another year, EA have failed to realize that Fifa is not just UT, and that we would actually like some other basic features.

Creation Centre has been removed, and it makes you think if they will ever bring it back.

PES looks like the way forward for me in terms of customization, because again EA fail to deliver a decent and in depth customization tool, but instead only care about how many 10 year olds they can get to drain their parents credit cards.

Well done EA, you really do know how to please the community...

Comments

• DANZIGpt
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited September 2015
    That's why I'll only buy PES this year. The only thing I really enjoyed in FIFA was Career Mode and Creation Centre. Now that they removed CC...I will only play PES.
  • p_b_pipo
    490 posts Sunday League Hero
    Calm down its only removed on old gen
  • Lonestarr022
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA may have failed you, but your expectations were clearly not important to them.
  • BigBuffalo
    p_b_pipo wrote: »

no its removed completely
  • BigBuffalo
    EA may have failed you, but your expectations were clearly not important to them.

they don't need to be, we expect niche features, rather than the same old things
  • p_b_pipo
    490 posts Sunday League Hero
    Removed a number of elements on ps3 or xbox360
  • BigBuffalo
    Removed a number of elements on ps3 or xbox360

but creation center was never on next gen sooooo
  • This is fantastic news!! Not. I love the creation centre, always have, even if it is the worst Web app ever made. We don't know yet that they haven't got something planned for next gen yet, but very unlikely only being roughly two weeks from release and no official comment yet. To take this feature away makes no sense, a step back, not forward. This means I have wasted months creating my new leagues for the release of fifa 16! A simple " this is the last time creation centre will be released with the new installment of fifa" after the release of fifa 15 would have nice so that everyone doesn't waste their time creating. I played the demo for fifa 16 last night. Positives were the inclusion of the women, that's it! The game play isn't as fluid as fifa 15, players don't react the right way to situations and gameplay now seems too fast. I've also seen a video of an interview with nick channon by futhead and he states at the end that there aren't any new leagues being added this year which makes the non inclusion of creation centre worse. EA, I think you need to rename your game fut 16 not fifa 16 because your slowly removing everything that people love and that made fifa fifa and spending too much time and money on ultimate team. You need to remember your wider audience of gamers that don't particularly like ultimate team, just a hint there. Without sounding too mean, I can't really see what you've been doing this year. Faithfully, a loyal fan of your game.

• BigBuffalo
    This is fantastic news!! Not. I love the creation centre, always have, even if it is the worst Web app ever made. We don't know yet that they haven't got something planned for next gen yet, but very unlikely only being roughly two weeks from release and no official comment yet. To take this feature away makes no sense, a step back, not forward. This means I have wasted months creating my new leagues for the release of fifa 16! A simple " this is the last time creation centre will be released with the new installment of fifa" after the release of fifa 15 would have nice so that everyone doesn't waste their time creating. I played the demo for fifa 16 last night. Positives were the inclusion of the women, that's it! The game play isn't as fluid as fifa 15, players don't react the right way to situations and gameplay now seems too fast. I've also seen a video of an interview with nick channon by futhead and he states at the end that there aren't any new leagues being added this year which makes the non inclusion of creation centre worse. EA, I think you need to rename your game fut 16 not fifa 16 because your slowly removing everything that people love and that made fifa fifa and spending too much time and money on ultimate team. You need to remember your wider audience of gamers that don't particularly like ultimate team, just a hint there. Without sounding too mean, I can't really see what you've been doing this year. Faithfully, a loyal fan of your game.

I completely agree with all of that. I too spent a long time creating my teams, even going to the step of creating custom club badges. I hate the fact that you can't even properly create a player in FIFA 15, you are limited to a certain number, and you can't even edit attributes like work rates, skills and potential.

The only thing they could do i make the create a player more in depth in game...
  • **** you fifa...
  • f...o...c...k...you..fifa
  • BigBuffalo
    f...o...c...k...you..fifa

100%
  • DANZIGpt
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I created so many teams as well...for nothing :\
  • BigBuffalo
    DANZIGpt wrote: »
    I created so many teams as well...for nothing :\

So lazy on EA's part
  • To say the removal of Creation Centre is disappointing to me is kinda like describing the Grand Canyon as a hole in the ground. For 20 years (and over a dozen editions of the game going back to RTWC 98) I've had a custom league which I've imported into FIFA with each new edition of the game I purchased. I watched as EA let Creation Centre (an already buggy and unreliable app to begin with) wither and die on the vine as no new content (primarily kit designs) was added. It felt like something they created once and then devoted no interest to whatsoever and it became the redheaded stepchild of the EA Sports household.

Fortunately for me, the number of years I devoted to this project which included creating badges, kit designs and even sponsor logos for over 50 clubs means I've kept all this information on my own PC and independent of the EA servers, just in case something like this should ever occur. Importing all that data and design work into PES will be time-consuming, but it appears now to be my only option.

EA might have viewed Creation Centre as a niche thing that the majority of their customers didn't care about, and they might very well be right, but to remove it altogether has taken a massive fun factor out of the game for me (and obviously for many others), and I've decided against purchasing FIFA this year as a result.
  • BigBuffalo
    To say the removal of Creation Centre is disappointing to me is kinda like describing the Grand Canyon as a hole in the ground. For 20 years (and over a dozen editions of the game going back to RTWC 98) I've had a custom league which I've imported into FIFA with each new edition of the game I purchased. I watched as EA let Creation Centre (an already buggy and unreliable app to begin with) wither and die on the vine as no new content (primarily kit designs) was added. It felt like something they created once and then devoted no interest to whatsoever and it became the redheaded stepchild of the EA Sports household.

Fortunately for me, the number of years I devoted to this project which included creating badges, kit designs and even sponsor logos for over 50 clubs means I've kept all this information on my own PC and independent of the EA servers, just in case something like this should ever occur. Importing all that data and design work into PES will be time-consuming, but it appears now to be my only option.

EA might have viewed Creation Centre as a niche thing that the majority of their customers didn't care about, and they might very well be right, but to remove it altogether has taken a massive fun factor out of the game for me (and obviously for many others), and I've decided against purchasing FIFA this year as a result.

This is so spot on. I too have spent almost 5 years, creating fantasy leagues, with teams and players ratings all kept on an excel spread sheet. I even created many badges for the teams. Luckily all this info is stored on my laptop.

FIFA literally has no customization options any more, because the already existing player creating in-game is terrible. You are limited to a certain number of players you are allowed to create, and even when you make the players, you cant even change the basics like work rates.

This leaves me no choice but to head over to PES this year for the creative side of a football game. Im just wondering how in depth is their creating mechanism, because the last time i played a PES was in 2003...
  • BigBuffalo wrote: »
    63i0x3i.png

For yet another year, EA have failed to realize that Fifa is not just UT, and that we would actually like some other basic features.

Creation Centre has been removed, and it makes you think if they will ever bring it back.

PES looks like the way forward for me in terms of customization, because again EA fail to deliver a decent and in depth customization tool, but instead only care about how many 10 year olds they can get to drain their parents credit cards.

Read it again ps3 and 360 they said those are the features the old gen version will miss out on hint hint
  • BigBuffalo
    Jsherrod27 wrote: »
    BigBuffalo wrote: »
    63i0x3i.png

Read it again ps3 and 360 they said those are the features the old gen version will miss out on hint hint

But then look at the 'The FIFA Interactive World Cup' bullet point. It says '(*availiable on Playstation 4 & Xbox One)' if CC was on next gen then probably would have stated it..
    Jsherrod27 wrote: »
    63i0x3i.png

But then look at the 'The FIFA Interactive World Cup' bullet point. It says '(*availiable on Playstation 4 & Xbox One)' if CC was on next gen then probably would have stated it..

Good point but look at it again they said these features won't be in the old gen version of the FIFA 16 but these are the full features of FIFA 16 next gen version
    This is so spot on. I too have spent almost 5 years, creating fantasy leagues, with teams and players ratings all kept on an excel spread sheet. I even created many badges for the teams. Luckily all this info is stored on my laptop.

FIFA literally has no customization options any more, because the already existing player creating in-game is terrible. You are limited to a certain number of players you are allowed to create, and even when you make the players, you cant even change the basics like work rates.

This leaves me no choice but to head over to PES this year for the creative side of a football game. Im just wondering how in depth is their creating mechanism, because the last time i played a PES was in 2003...

By any chance, do you have a site or anything devoted to your league? Working on a project of my own like this means I'm really interested to see others' work. I've spent the past 9 months or so building up a Wikia page for my own; the link is http://sgfa.wikia.com/ if you're interested to check it out.

For what it's worth, the Creation Centre website appears to be back up and running and it still saves data for 15 so I'll continue to work on my teams there and just use my PS3 copy of 15 to play out this season.
  • BigBuffalo

By any chance, do you have a site or anything devoted to your league? Working on a project of my own like this means I'm really interested to see others' work. I've spent the past 9 months or so building up a Wikia page for my own; the link is http://sgfa.wikia.com/ if you're interested to check it out.

For what it's worth, the Creation Centre website appears to be back up and running and it still saves data for 15 so I'll continue to work on my teams there and just use my PS3 copy of 15 to play out this season.

Wow, i am blown away by this. Looks like you are similar to me in the fact that you have spent time making your teams, but you have even got a WIKI page :open_mouth: . I have a series of questions because this is overwhelming xD.

1 - Are the teams fantasy teams? (aka they have been made up by you)
    2 - Are the players fantasy players?
    3 - Did you make the teams crests by yourself?
    4 - How long did that wiki take xD
    5 - Have a cookie :cookie:
  • jack fanshf
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    when fifa16 coming, can i go to creation centre in fifa15
  • jack fanshf
    when fifa16 coming if cc app still at here? who can answer me
  • In my experience, it is less a bug If you downloaded the team of other people occurs. But in fact, it is not known well.
  • jack fanshf
    bless me
  • this image was taken from a fifa 16 new gen of test, recently leaked, and it contained the moment mounts a custom tournament and may include teams from the center of creation.
    Wow, i am blown away by this. Looks like you are similar to me in the fact that you have spent time making your teams, but you have even got a WIKI page :open_mouth: . I have a series of questions because this is overwhelming xD.

1 - Are the teams fantasy teams? (aka they have been made up by you)
    2 - Are the players fantasy players?
    3 - Did you make the teams crests by yourself?
    4 - How long did that wiki take xD
    5 - Have a cookie :cookie:

Haha, thank you for the comments, I really appreciate it. To answer your questions:

1 & 2. Yes, all the teams and players are my own creation. Some of the teams (as you can probably tell) draw inspiration from real-life teams, while most of the players are based on people I know; friends, acquaintances, classmates, co-workers, even male versions of ex-significant others. The rest of the players are just characters I've created to fill certain roles, mostly like a "hey, wouldn't it be cool if there was a guy who..." etc.

3. The crests are all my own design, although to be fair, some of them use elements I've found on the web somewhere. Because this isn't my day job and I'm not getting paid for this, I have to weigh up time vs cost sometimes.

4. I first started building the Wiki last October and I've averaged 1-2 new pages per day since then, to say nothing of all the going back and editing to add new information in between. I aim to be over 1,000 pages by this time next year as I've not even done half the players with halfway interesting storylines.

5. Thanks, I love a good cookie. :smiley:
  • Orikoru
    9991 posts Has That Special Something

It was never in new gen in the first place though. So now it just doesn't exist at all.