Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• How are these people paid to give opinions? Jesus. State of the teams.

• Followed up with a 'I think Smalling can play. But Shaw is not there yet'.
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    My team would be: De Gea - Zabaleta - Kompany - Jones - Luke Shaw - Carrick - Yaya Toure- Silva - Mata - Di Maria - Aguero or Rooney(He's way better infront of the #10)... This team is more based on ability.
  • ViVaWhom
    3767 posts National Call-Up
    now everyone has Mata in their team lol 4 weeks ago no one would have even thought it

how quickly time changes things
  • ViVaWhom wrote: »
    now everyone has Mata in their team lol 4 weeks ago no one would have even thought it

Mata has always been good though
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

I've always believed Mata was a quality player, although most plastics said we should sell him before he hit form again. I even included Jones, a player which a lot of Man Utd fans hate, despite him only just turning 23 in February pus he's been good this season.
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Those fans are the same ones who doubt Rooney, then five weeks later he's a legend loool.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    £50mill double raid for gundogan and hummels this summer. Opinions? £15mill gundogan and £35mill hummels
  • Mike
    7728 posts League Winner
    Isn't Gundogan like the size of a whale these days?
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Mike wrote: »
    Isn't Gundogan like the size of a whale these days?

Bit overweight because of an injury that kept him out for months but nothing a lvg intense pre season couldn't sort out.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    My team would be: De Gea - Zabaleta - Kompany - Jones - Luke Shaw - Carrick - Yaya Toure- Silva - Mata - Di Maria - Aguero or Rooney(He's way better infront of the #10)... This team is more based on ability.

Shaw over clichy really ? :lol:
  • PES
    5166 posts Big Money Move
    Utd are now the best English team again. #AllHailLouLou
  • Evra
    2236 posts
    edited April 2015
    PES wrote: »
    Utd are now the best English team again. #AllHailLouLou
    Never in doubt.
  • van Persie looked distraught mid-game close-up. He knows his time is over.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    If only van Persie had stayed fit
  • ViVaWhom
    VAN GAALS RED ARMY!
  • Hopefully Carrick's injury was precautionary. We need him fit for the rest of the title race.
  • PES
    5166 posts Big Money Move
    Evra wrote: »
    Hopefully Carrick's injury was precautionary. We need him fit for the rest of the title race.
    :joy:

You really could have done it without Puntzie and Falcack.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Hopefully Carrick's injury was precautionary. We need him fit for the rest of the title race.

Title race? Chelsea have this title wrapped up already neither United or arsenal will win it. Can't see Chelsea slipping up they showed today they can dig deep and get the wins.
  • Jaymizzo
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero

Title race? Chelsea have this title wrapped up already neither United or arsenal will win it. Can't see Chelsea slipping up they showed today they can dig deep and get the wins.
    Dig deep and get wins? They won because Green was an idiot, not out of their own merit. I agree though, Chelsea have won the league
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

Dig deep and get wins? They won because Green was an idiot, not out of their own merit. I agree though, Chelsea have won the league

I agree green was an idiot but the players still got forward looking to win and they got the goal that got them all 3 points. Leagues wrapped up anyway. It looks a close one this season though for the top 4.
  • Jaymizzo
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero

I agree green was an idiot but the players still got forward looking to win and they got the goal that got them all 3 points. Leagues wrapped up anyway. It looks a close one this season though for the top 4.

Thats what attackers are meant to do, its not like they didn't attack all match, they did and it was nullified. It was that one moment that gave them hope. Had Green not been an idiot, no one would say anything good about Chelseas performance.
  • xXBarkleyXx

Thats what attackers are meant to do, its not like they didn't attack all match, they did and it was nullified. It was that one moment that gave them hope. Had Green not been an idiot, no one would say anything good about Chelseas performance.

K ****.

No but serious what do you think about City staying in the top four? Yes or no?
  • Mata has really turned it up since the turn of the year, I am very surprised. His defensive duties even playing wide right were done dilligently. MouMou. :tongue:
  • Jaymizzo
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero

K ****.

No but serious what do you think about City staying in the top four? Yes or no?

No need to be insulting.

And City will stay in the top 4 despite the loss. 2nd and 3rd will obviously be Arsenal or Utd but i dont see City dropping that much further down given their easy line up of fixtures. They haven't seemed like a top 3 side for a while now
  • ViVaWhom
    Di Maria better step up or he is gonna be a £60m bench player :neutral: tbf he never impressed too much as a winger at Madrid, only when he moved into the midfield of 3 was he incredible but saying that he is quality for argentina on the wing so i dont know
  • Evra
    2236 posts
    edited April 2015
    Smashley won't keep this form up, it is beyond him. Di Maria will get chances, although he is just as patchy outwide. I don't think he will get many chances to play through the centre, unless Herrera is for some reason unavailable. He won't play the two together, he needs Fellaini/a new physically imposing midfielder to add the balance he seeks.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Smashley won't keep this form up, it is beyond him. Di Maria will get chances, although he is just as patchy outwide. I don't think he will get many chances to play through the centre, unless Herrera is for some reason unavailable. He won't play the two together, he needs Fellaini/a new physically imposing midfielder to add the balance he seeks.

Hopefully he keeps up the form I admire his workrate in tracking back helping out his defenders. Adm has next season to prove himself if he can't handle himself in this league then sell him on I'm sure psg would pay over the odds.

An imposing midfielder is unneeded. You have fellaini already.

If anything you want another good striker who is also young to get goals because falcao won't be coming back unless the price is around 20-25mill.

A new centre half with vast experience. Smalling and Jones are progressing game by game but put them in a situation against bale ronaldo benzema or Neymar Suarez messi and they'll get torn to shreds.

A proper right back. Rafa seems out of favour with lvg. And Valencia has performed decent at right back but he isn't a long term solution.

A new winger someone like depay who is quick and skilful to create some more from the wing and replace Nani as I don't think he'll fit in with lvg.

I'd bring in someone in the midfield centre not got to be physically imposing but someone with class seeing as United seem to have champions league football next season playing carrick fellaini and Herrera week in week out with only cause fatigue.

United need to not repeat the mistakes of Liverpool last year. Don't buy young upcoming players buy players who can do it right now.

• When I say 'physically imposing' I mean someone who is combatative with decent stature in combination with astute technical abilities. The ideal example is of course somebody like Pogba or Koke, but also lesser players like Schneiderlin, Xhaka, Nainggolan, maybe even Strootman or Gündogan if either fully recovers.