Day 5 of the World Cup - What are your predictions? Let us know here.

Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Rumours about rvp will be sold and cavani will be brought in with cavanis agent saying if he leaves psg he will likely move to England or Spain. Thoughts?
  • Nem
    4977 posts Big Money Move
    Rumours about rvp will be sold and cavani will be brought in with cavanis agent saying if he leaves psg he will likely move to England or Spain. Thoughts?

Wouldn't be happy with that

Harry Kane is the man for United
  • Cavani is ****.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Nem wrote: »

Wouldn't be happy with that

Harry Kane is the man for United

:lol:
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Evra wrote: »
    Cavani is ****.

He isn't a bad player. Had a brilliant record at Napoli. He has done well at psg cosidering he's been pushed out wide to keep ibra as the main man
  • Chxrman
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cavani needs to be the focal point to be at his best and he wouldn't get that at United. Would be a risky one imo.
  • He's an above average forward who wouldn't justify the wage packet nor the transfer fee. Where do you play him? He isn't a better forward than Rooney, and he isn't good enough to completely revamp a successful formation. Moving Rooney deeper or playing again with two strikers would be extremely counterproductive. He has proven he is not a particularly good RW at PSG also, so there's no point spending an excessive amount to use him there.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    He's an above average forward who wouldn't justify the wage packet nor the transfer fee. Where do you play him? He isn't a better forward than Rooney, and he isn't good enough to completely revamp a successful formation. Moving Rooney deeper or playing again with two strikers would be extremely counterproductive. He has proven he is not a particularly good RW at PSG also, so there's no point spending an excessive amount to use him there.

If United don't want to end up like liverpool in the champions leauge getting turned over they're going to need to get more goals into the team. The current strikers Rooney Wilson and rvp wouldn't be no better than studge borini lambert and balotelli. Goals are needed in the team.

All areas on the pitch will need addressing if United are too do well and maintain the champions leauge places for coming seasons

• Evra wrote: »
    He's an above average forward who wouldn't justify the wage packet nor the transfer fee. Where do you play him? He isn't a better forward than Rooney, and he isn't good enough to completely revamp a successful formation. Moving Rooney deeper or playing again with two strikers would be extremely counterproductive. He has proven he is not a particularly good RW at PSG also, so there's no point spending an excessive amount to use him there.

If United don't want to end up like liverpool in the champions leauge getting turned over they're going to need to get more goals into the team. The current strikers Rooney Wilson and rvp wouldn't be no better than studge borini lambert and balotelli. Goals are needed in the team.

All areas on the pitch will need addressing if United are too do well and maintain the champions leauge places for coming seasons
    Are you dense? Rooney is infinitely better than any of those strikers. Manchester United had the same moronic outlook last summer when they signed Falcao. Did that help them? There is no point having copius amounts of strikers on big wages for the sake of it. As I've mentioned before, Ander and Mata will score you a solid source of goals. The Angel creates them. All that is needed is another pacey Young forward who can do a mixture of both at a weaker standard; Sterling, Memphis, F. Anderson etc...

Who scores goals in Chelsea's side apart from Costa? Hazard- with his 8/11 goals being penalties? They seem to have no problems.

• PES
    5168 posts Big Money Move
    Anderson just extended, I believe.
  • xXBarkleyXx

Are you dense? Rooney is infinitely better than any of those strikers. Manchester United had the same moronic outlook last summer when they signed Falcao. Did that help them? There is no point having copius amounts of strikers on big wages for the sake of it. As I've mentioned before, Ander and Mata will score you a solid source of goals. The Angel creates them. All that is needed is another pacey Young forward who can do a mixture of both at a weaker standard; Sterling, Memphis, F. Anderson etc...

Who scores goals in Chelsea's side apart from Costa? Hazard- with his 8/11 goals being penalties? They seem to have no problems.

Remy has chipped in with a few , drogba has. Their midfielders and defenders also contribute a lot. If Rooney gets an injury all united will have is wilson and rvp to get them goals. Which is the same situation Liverpool were in when studge got injured they didn't have a top striker who could get them more goals.

• Willian, Matic and Oscar have 9 goals between them, each with 20-28 games. Mata and Herrera have 13 between them, and Herrera has started 14 games.
    Drogba and Remy have 8 goals between them, and about 3 of those have been important ones to save points or consolidate a lead. Is that what you want Cavani for?

Goals will not be an issue next season. Squad balance will be if we sign another unneccessarily expensive striker.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    I'd simply want cavani because say Rooney and rvp sustained Injuries then you have a young inexperienced James Wilson leading the line against Europes elite in Barcelona bayern and real
  • murphy
    945 posts An Exciting Prospect
    And what if our whole first team sustained injuries, what would we do then? And for that reason, I'm out.
  • Ahmer50x
    8840 posts League Winner
    I'm with Evra. We don't need a star striker. Just someone to bridge the gap between Rooney as our first choice and Wilson as the third choice. Kind of like when Chelsea signed Remy last year.

Personally, I'd just move for Danny Ings, save some money there and invest in other areas. (Though this is contingent on RvP's end to the season. If he ends well, then I suppose he could play the backup striker role if he's happy with that...)
  • ViVaWhom
    4902 posts National Call-Up
    what if our £60m Cavani gets injured for 6 months..

you cant buy/sell based on injuries that might or might not happen..
  • ViVaWhom wrote: »
    what if our £60m Cavani gets injured for 6 months..

you cant buy/sell based on injuries that might or might not happen..

Buying cavani is stupid and I sincerely hope we don't
  • Ahmer50x
    8840 posts League Winner
    What would your guys' teams be for the derby?

I'd play:
    De Gea
    Valencia---Smalling---Rojo---Blind
    Herrera---Carrick---Fellaini
    Mata---Rooney---Di Maria

Going with the intent of Di Maria rather than the diligence of Young as I don't think this match will be close. One of these sides is going to send a message and win by 2-3 (or maybe more) clear goals IMO.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I'd play:
    De Gea
    Mata---Rooney---Di Maria

Going with the intent of Di Maria rather than the diligence of Young as I don't think this match will be close. One of these sides is going to send a message and win by 2-3 (or maybe more) clear goals IMO.

Would prefer young instead of di Maria young has been on good form of late where as di Maria has been off form
  • I have an awkward feeling he may not start Smalling. Philistine and M. Ruckus against Agüero may end painfully.
  • Shane
    21061 posts Club Captain
    edited April 2015
    Dont want cavani at all. I'd rather buy a young striker like vietto, lacazette or dybala

60m on cavani would be a waste. Can be better spent
  • PES
    5168 posts Big Money Move
    I have an awkward feeling he may not start Smalling. Philistine and M. Ruckus against Agüero may end painfully.
    Why would he do such a stupid thing?
  • Tamerlane
    5281 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I'd play:
    De Gea
    Mata---Rooney---Di Maria

What would be your top 5 favourite alternative lineups, Ahmer?
  • PVFCB97xD
    13074 posts Has That Special Something
    how is di Maria performing for you? is he as good as he was at Real?
  • Andy
    7832 posts League Winner
    PVFCB97xD wrote: »

They've **** him up.
  • Mike
    8387 posts League Winner
    da41ac2a13.jpg
  • That is fantastic. :joy:
  • Andy
    7832 posts League Winner
    I think Stuart Pearce may have suffered extreme head trauma in the past.
  • Ahmer50x
    8840 posts League Winner
    Pearce :lol:

He even got the most obvious two wrong: De Gea>Hart and Zabaleta>Valencia.
  • PVFCB97xD
    13074 posts Has That Special Something
    Andy wrote: »
    PVFCB97xD wrote: »

They've **** him up.

missing him :(