fifa 19 the last game?

fifa 19 the last game?

Comments

• SPN1987
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    user22220 wrote: »
    fifa 19 the last game?

No FIFA 20 will be released in september of 2019. So FIFA 20 will be the last game that will be released this decade. You can just call me Sherlock for finding that one out..... ;)
  • mdizzl3
    7175 posts Big Money Move
    Yes 19 will be the last game. Why would they make another game after that?
  • then something like that does not come out?
  • Mantic
    3 posts Ball Boy
    user22220 wrote: »
    then something like that does not come out?

Yes
  • It's crazy to think that they'd ever stop making FIFA games. Why is it assumed that they would stop making them?
  • Cooler08
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's crazy to think that they'd ever stop making FIFA games. Why is it assumed that they would stop making them?

Probably because EA said they intend to make FIFA a subscription based game in the future.

• Raisetheroof
    20 posts Ball Boy
    edited July 13
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    It's crazy to think that they'd ever stop making FIFA games. Why is it assumed that they would stop making them?

Probably because EA said they intend to make FIFA a subscription based game in the future.

At first glance that sounds terrible, but I actually think I wouldn't mind that so much (as long as the subscription is at a reasonable price). I guess they would just keep adding patches and update the squads after every transfer window. I wouldn't mind this at all...
  • ZizioGardo
    1210 posts Professional

At first glance that sounds terrible, but I actually think I wouldn't mind that so much (as long as the subscription is at a reasonable price). I guess they would just keep adding patches and update the squads after every transfer window. I wouldn't mind this at all...

If they made it subscription based then we would just have the same gameplay for years, and no change in Career Mode or other modes at all. It all would just be based around FUT. All they care about is making that FUT Money, and if they made it a subscription based game then that would only be done so EA could spent less money on making the game and make even more money with a lot less effort.

I wouldn't be surprised if EA actually ditched every single mode besides FUT..
    FUT will kill FIFA at some point.
  • ZizioGardo wrote: »

If they made it subscription based then we would just have the same gameplay for years, and no change in Career Mode or other modes at all. It all would just be based around FUT. All they care about is making that FUT Money, and if they made it a subscription based game then that would only be done so EA could spent less money on making the game and make even more money with a lot less effort.

I wouldn't be surprised if EA actually ditched every single mode besides FUT..
    FUT will kill FIFA at some point.

There's potential for it to NOT have the same gameplay and everything else, considering that they could just add updates and tweek stuff. But I suppose you're right, because EA would probably just mainly update FUT.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    331 posts Sunday League Hero
    Personally I think even if they do stop they will resume again with yearly titles. I can only expect that this would be a temporary experiment before they give up on that subscription idea.

Seriously FIFA is not a Sports TV channel subscription. I am not going to pay subscription for a FIFA video game when it is the same thing.

I don't play FUT. I play seasons online, seasons online tournaments, single player kick off and single player tournaments. And now with Champions /Europa League I'd be far more interested in them than FUT.

The primary interest for me to buy FIFA is for new leagues, teams, single player/multiplayer and improved gameplay/graphics. If all of that is neglected and the focus is then switched on FUT EA Sports will still lose sales because ultimately regardless of the FUT addiction for some gamers if the game has no innovation or other improvements the game will eventually die. If not completely a large number of fan base will be lost.

EA Sports need to think again before making such a drastic decision otherwise this will simply kill FIFA and it's popularity.
  • Cooler08
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 15
    Another reason why a subscription model for FIFA isn't a good idea is nostalgic reasons. Now if you want to play an older FIFA such as FIFA 10 or FIFA 12, you can get the disc out and play it, but with a subscription that wouldn't be possible because the game would only be playable if its updated with the latest update.
  • Lonestarr022
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    Another reason why a subscription model for FIFA isn't a good idea is nostalgic reasons. Now if you want to play an older FIFA such as FIFA 10 or FIFA 12, you can get the disc out and play it, but with a subscription that wouldn't be possible because the game would only be playable if its updated with the latest update.

Doesn't matter if it's a good idea is nostalgic reasons. All that matters is if EA makes money off the concept or not.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    edited July 16
    But EA will not make money that way with just a subscription option because it will simply discourage people from subscribing and make people play an older version of FIFA.

EA would make money through nostalgic factors from previous games as well. People don't just buy the latest version of FIFA every year. I bought FIFA 97 and FIFA 2003 once a few years ago for nostalgic reasons because I never played them in my childhood due to A) I was too young of a kid and B ) I didn't even have a computer or console at that time so I wanted to experience them.

I also bought FIFA 98 World Cup PC CD ROM in year 2001 because FIFA 99 was my first FIFA game and I wanted to see what FIFA 98 WC had to offer out of nostalgia. EA actually gained money from these sales as well. They don't just gain money from latest title releases as well.

What I am thinking is that FIFA 19/20 might be the last physical copy released DVD versions that you would buy from high street retail stores. But I would still expect FIFA 21, 22, etc versions to be released as part of digital download services via PSN/Xbox Live and Origin PC.
  • DC_United123
    706 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is stupid. What makes you think they would just stop making FIFA's out of nowhere especially when it's EA's biggest cash cow.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1065 posts Professional
    ZizioGardo wrote: »

... the same gameplay for years, and no change in Career Mode or other modes at all. It all would just be based around FUT. All they care about is making that FUT Money...

:-) It happens now, though.
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    edited July 17
    This is stupid. What makes you think they would just stop making FIFA's out of nowhere especially when it's EA's biggest cash cow.

I saw a similar post like yours asking the same question on another thread a few months ago. The OP is not the first or last person to raise the same concerns. https://engadget.com/2017/11/09/ea-may-skip-yearly-sports-releases/

This article from November 2017 and various others hinted by EA CEO Andrew Wilson says yearly released titles may come to an end. But of-course there were a lot of scaremongering about FIFA 19 not going to be released. But in the end it it was announced that FIFA 19 will be released. There's just no news about EA's direction on future FIFA titles.

EA will never stop FIFA's release. We are just concerned for it not to be a subscription type of version. Which ofcourse I don't think it will work because I would definitely not pay subscription to play FIFA. Something like World of Warcraft which is $15 a month and that's enough why I never bothered with WoW.

Same with Chess.com I hate online subscription to access features that are supposed to be free. That's why I dumped Chess.com and have switched to LiChess.org.

EA will lose if they try to implement subscription methods. Maybe they may attempt to experiment it one day but I don't think it will work for too long.
  • Any tym7
    1315 posts Professional
    edited July 19
    Upside u dont have to start fut with nothing at start of september every year that alone would save u spending so much on fb points rebuilding ur team

Id love a update to refresh gameplay with new options and keep my fut team
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1065 posts Professional
    FUT isn’t a sport mode. It’s pay to win in essence.