Modric for the Ballon d'Or?

134
Shane
22573 posts Club Captain
260px-ISL-HRV_%287%29.jpg

The man deserves it IMO. He played a key part in the CL campaign and has comfortably been the best player this WC

Forget CR7, Modric for the ballon d'or

Comments

  • Shane
    22573 posts Club Captain
  • ImmigrantMentality
    5193 posts Big Money Move
    Carried PR7 to enough of them. He deserves it for sure.
  • Ker_Mit
    5909 posts Big Money Move
    Yes, he should
  • Shane
    22573 posts Club Captain
    Wasn't he MOTM in the CL final too? Or am I not remembering correctly?
  • SebCFC123
    6401 posts Big Money Move
    100%

    No doubt about it
  • Shaanxz
    18324 posts World Class
    He has no pr behind him
  • Shane
    22573 posts Club Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    He has no pr behind him

    Sad but true
  • Agent VZ
    28918 posts Player of the Year
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    He has no pr behind him

    He wins the WC the club is gonna push for it..
  • TheMenezLover
    1593 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jesus Christ guys.
  • kfcbucket21
    3877 posts National Call-Up
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    He has no pr behind him

    He wins the WC the club is gonna push for it..

    they better. Sadly I bet CR7 gets it. It's so biased towards attackers
  • SupaNoodle1990
    20622 posts Club Captain
    100%

    Different class.
  • Muzza11
    6388 posts Big Money Move
    I have to agree tbh, he has been unreal.
  • 100%

    Different class.

  • Orison
    41689 posts International Superstar
    edited July 11
    @WFCBagnall is abusing his mod powers imo.

    Also @AlexSolm just to continue the WC final player streak, here are ours

    Everytime Germany was in the final (1982, 1986, 1990, 2002, 2014) it's logical that Bayern players were on the pitch. The others were Jorginho (Brazil, 1994), Lizarazu (France, 1998), Sagnol (France, 2006), Robben (Netherlands, 2010)
  • SebCFC123
    6401 posts Big Money Move
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    He has no pr behind him

    He wins the WC the club is gonna push for it..

    they better. Sadly I bet CR7 gets it. It's so biased towards attackers

    Nah players appreciate modric a lot imo
  • SimenHP
    718 posts Semi-Pro
    As a Real Madrid fan, I thought he deserved it last year.
    But this year, he has been RM best player and their most important player in CL with CR, Ramos and Marcelo. When Kroos (and Ronaldo) went missing, which he did more than usual last season in both CL and Primera División, Modric always showed up and dominated the midfield. We would not have won CL this year had it not been for Modric, because both Kroos and Casemiro had alot of weak matches last year.

    And now in WC he has been Croatia best player and been a VERY important part in getting to the final. But I can still see him not getting Ballon d'Or unless Croatia wins WC, which is a shame. But that's how it's been the last few years with CR and Messi, even though Messi have been better than Ronaldo or the other way around, the one with most and best trophies have won Balon d'Or
  • Pauldejong6
    2023 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well, can't really vote a winner yet if the biggest game of every 4 years still has to be played. But yes, Modric is fantastic, and deserves every praise. Modric most cherished trophy will be a WC-win though... Lets hope they get it.
  • Tribute
    937 posts Semi-Pro
    The hype train on this is ridiculous. He had a good group stage.
  • EddieFicio
    14875 posts Has That Special Something
    Orison wrote: »
    @WFCBagnall is abusing his mod powers imo.

    Also @AlexSolm just to continue the WC final player streak, here are ours

    Everytime Germany was in the final (1982, 1986, 1990, 2002, 2014) it's logical that Bayern players were on the pitch. The others were Jorginho (Brazil, 1994), Lizarazu (France, 1998), Sagnol (France, 2006), Robben (Netherlands, 2010)

    Unless Tolisso scores on sunday this will be the first world cup where NONE of the Bayern players will have scored a single goal.
  • WildaF3niX
    1107 posts Professional
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    He has no pr behind him

    Since CR left Real, then Madrid will force Modric to win it
  • SimenHP
    718 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 11
    Tribute wrote: »
    The hype train on this is ridiculous. He had a good group stage.

    So you didn't watch every match by Real Madrid in 2017/2018 did you?
  • Reus
    20226 posts Club Captain
    SimenHP wrote: »
    As a Real Madrid fan, I thought he deserved it last year.
    But this year, he has been RM best player and their most important player in CL with CR, Ramos and Marcelo. When Kroos (and Ronaldo) went missing, which he did more than usual last season in both CL and Primera División, Modric always showed up and dominated the midfield. We would not have won CL this year had it not been for Modric, because both Kroos and Casemiro had alot of weak matches last year.

    And now in WC he has been Croatia best player and been a VERY important part in getting to the final. But I can still see him not getting Ballon d'Or unless Croatia wins WC, which is a shame. But that's how it's been the last few years with CR and Messi, even though Messi have been better than Ronaldo or the other way around, the one with most and best trophies have won Balon d'Or

    I thought marcelo deserved it last year
  • vibemix881
    2101 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lovren imo, CL final & WC final
  • Tribute
    937 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 11
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Tribute wrote: »
    The hype train on this is ridiculous. He had a good group stage.

    So you didn't watch every match by Real Madrid in 2017/2018 did you?

    No one mentioned him before this. Yes he had a good season, but he's not been the best player in the world.

    My point is this is a hype train, no one was mentioning him.
  • Shane
    22573 posts Club Captain
    Well, can't really vote a winner yet if the biggest game of every 4 years still has to be played. But yes, Modric is fantastic, and deserves every praise. Modric most cherished trophy will be a WC-win though... Lets hope they get it.

    Even if he loses he still deserves it imo
  • ImmigrantMentality
    5193 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 11
    Tribute wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Tribute wrote: »
    The hype train on this is ridiculous. He had a good group stage.

    So you didn't watch every match by Real Madrid in 2017/2018 did you?

    No one mentioned him before this. Yes he had a good season, but he's not been the best player in the world.

    My point is this is a hype train, no one was mentioning him.

    ronaldo hasn't for the last two years

    edit: ten years*
  • SupaNoodle1990
    20622 posts Club Captain
    Why isn’t Modric the best in the world?

    Don’t see any of his rivals for it performing at the heights of the World Cup.
  • VICTAAAA
    9656 posts League Winner
    maybe?

    i mean... they still owe this guy one
    98619hp2.jpg
  • Shane
    22573 posts Club Captain
    edited July 11
    Well, can't really vote a winner yet if the biggest game of every 4 years still has to be played. But yes, Modric is fantastic, and deserves every praise. Modric most cherished trophy will be a WC-win though... Lets hope they get it.

    Even if he loses he still deserves it imo
    Tribute wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Tribute wrote: »
    The hype train on this is ridiculous. He had a good group stage.

    So you didn't watch every match by Real Madrid in 2017/2018 did you?

    No one mentioned him before this. Yes he had a good season, but he's not been the best player in the world.

    My point is this is a hype train, no one was mentioning him.

    Anyone who knows anything about football mentioned him.

    But being the best player in the World Cup really cements him.

    It takes more for a midfielder than an attacker to get noticed unfortunately, that's just how the awards seem to be set up. They favour attackers heavily
  • Smudge
    4030 posts National Call-Up
    Not for me, I think Ronaldo has still been objectively better
134
Sign In or Register to comment.