Day 5 of the World Cup - What are your predictions? Let us know here.

CRASHING JUST BEFORE KICK OFF

PDK
2 posts Ball Boy
Anyone else having problems with crashing just before kick off & therfore losing you the game! Error message - software closing because of an error. This of course happens when I've progressed to the knock out rounds & im out of tge competition without even playing. Ive spent a fortune on fut and this is technically costing me money! Im fuming!

Comments

• Solari
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yea everyone having same issue for online tournament
  • Gameri
    2 posts Ball Boy
    In my case, the game's quitting everytime, even if I want to play kickoff. I can't start any type if game... I'm in kinda rage...
  • MrPutin
    13 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yes and I contacted EA support about it. And I pointed out that I and many other losing out on contracts that we payed for through packs. The support in itself was a horror show.
    Support after I told them about the problem- "I truly value your effort contacting us. And the best part is, I will e-mail you a link to Nintendo support"
    Me- "Thanks for nothing. I'ts only your game that crashes and make me losing out on the game and money"
    Support- "But it's on the NINTENDO switch so I send you a link".

EA is such a joke of a company. Horrible really.
  • Floatingkeyboard
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    MrPutin wrote: »
    Yes and I contacted EA support about it. And I pointed out that I and many other losing out on contracts that we payed for through packs. The support in itself was a horror show.
    Support after I told them about the problem- "I truly value your effort contacting us. And the best part is, I will e-mail you a link to Nintendo support"
    Me- "Thanks for nothing. I'ts only your game that crashes and make me losing out on the game and money"
    Support- "But it's on the NINTENDO switch so I send you a link".

EA is such a joke of a company. Horrible really.
    Thanks for your effort, this scam must be stopped.

• killer xavi
    1753 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 6
    tlTTK8H
  • Signed up to see if anyone else was having the same problem

Have been relegated from my division due to the game crashing in this manner. Something like half of the games I’ve started have crashed. Problem seems to be worse lately

Has anyone had success contacting Ninetendo?
  • Codus
    5 posts Ball Boy
    Nintendo can't do anything as its not their game. Someone did get a free game out of them as compensation for EA's **** show of support.
  • MrPutin
    13 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I contacted Nintendo after I spoke to the most arrogant EA support. Nintendo is not to be fault here. It's EA. It's their game full off bugs. I can't get past groupstage in WC mode online cause the game keeps crashing and it counts as a loss. Also losing contracts, DNF and progress. Way to go EA.
  • RealKuxuxu
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I have the same problem. I’m in Portugal and use the digital copy of the game. It’s getting worse lately and in my case 1 in 3 games crash before kick of with the same error message. It’s a shame as I’ve invested so much time and money on the game. It’ll be the last time, EA. Please do something about this
  • There was an update for PC version, PS 4 version and X BOX version
    Switch version is postponed every time
  • Is there an update around the end of the World Cup?
  • Solari
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    There is an fifa update on switch. Let’s see if this fix the crash issue
  • Solari
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played 3 games and all ok so far
    Anyone had crash after the update?
  • I'm still crashing, even after the latest update today.
  • Solari
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm still crashing, even after the latest update today.
    no crash for like 10 games
    then i lost 1 game and crashed after the game is finished...
  • Solari
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    others?
  • Cicide
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 13
    Hello, Like Rawbuchanan, I'm still crashing. I deleted the game then rebooted my switch before reinstalled the game but i can't play. It is very sad.
    Post edited by Cicide on
  • Solari wrote: »
    others?

After deleting "Personal setting" game can be played until now ,so I can't know much about the update....and do you know where I can find the update log? Thx!
  • i couldn't play fifa18 from 2 weeks ago. sad.
  • Andy8176
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Hi All I have had this problem too - game was completely unplayable. I managed to fix it by deleting the user data associated with fifa in the nintendo data settings menu. You lose saved game data like custom tactics and offline single player progress but FUT is unaffected. Just don’t go back into World Cup mode if you get it working again - I am staying away for now and sticking to regular FUT. hope this helps someone
  • Sandiod
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Thank you Andy8176 your tip worked