Fix Career Mode, PLEASE!

gxcpl
114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited March 21
Negotiating players are awful! We basically can't trade players, anymore. Sometimes I offer a GREAT player for another one not that great (just to keep things interesting), but the other team refuses "because they need another position player". Makes NO SENSE!
I tried to trade an 88 Keïta (69M) for an 85 Xhaka (39M), but the answer was "we need a RB". THEY PLAY THE SAME POSITION, FFS!
Now that's all I get when trying to trade players: "we need a different position" and that's it. I can't persuade them with more money, nothing!

And makes no sense to offer a player with higher market value for trade and never get anything back. If you trade a 65M player for a 10M, that's it. No money back... Never.

It would be nice if we could offer players we don't want in our team for loan/sell directly to another team for a lower price (instead of having to wait some team to ask - and watch the negotiation fail most of the time). Like: offering my youth players to some lower division team (and not having to deal with them complaining for not having enough playing time).
Maybe having an "associate club" to loan youth players (like Barcelona B or Real Madrid Castilla)?

Bring back the Shortlist, too! It was a helpful shortcut for scouting and negotiations. Now it's terrible to re-scout a player you shortlisted: you need to search for the player again and ask to re-scout! In shortlist we simply needed to select "scout the player", or "negotiate contract" and etc. I was better that way!

It's too easy to get good players for free! Makes NO SENSE teams wouldn't renegotiate the contracts of their stars before expiring. Wait for one or two seasons and you'll hire a lot of superstars players for free.

The new negotiation system with the animations are kinda bad, too. On one side, they are a lot faster than the previous system (where you had to wait and hope for a good answer), but they are boring as the results are always the same.
And, at least for me, it is kinda weird to see Mourinho or Wenger directly negotiating a youth player transfer...

They could add some "realistic transfers" option (we could turn it off or on) to avoid us hiring superstars with "not top teams", except for a ton of money (like chinese teams are doing). For example, I don't think Messi would play for Roma except he gets A LOT of money.

More realistic goals would be better, too. I play with Basel and they expect me to reach QTR-Finals in Champions League?! Seriously? I should get a bonus for that! Not get that as a goal! The same for "improve a youth player in 10 points in a single season". Come on...
Post edited by gxcpl on

Comments

• gxcpl
    edited March 22
    Add the World Cup of Clubs in december would be nice, too! They already have a lot of teams from south america, asia, mexico/usa... It’s an easy addition.
  • gxcpl
    It would be nice to add players opinion, too! I refused a lot of offers for my players I’m sure wouldn’t happen in real life.
    Man Utd tried to buy my 85ovr Barco for 75M€ (and his salary was only 19k!) and I simply said no. The player said nothing, I didn’t have to pay him more money, nothing... It makes things a lot easier.

Maybe adding an option of “player’s will” to select on/off before the start would be fun to keep things interesting for those trying to make it with a small club.
  • zomb5
    3 posts Ball Boy
    FIFA 18 is the last straw. NOT ONE MORE DIME YOU DOUCHEB4GS!!!!
  • ~Adma~
    14 posts Ball Boy
    The club position goals need to be more varied. With Palace i've gone from season 1 - mid table (finished 13th) to 2nd season... Europe league spot.... really? I've barely improved the team and suddenly they expect i'll get the team into the top 6?!

It seems there are only 5/6 different types... even something like "an improvement on last seasons position" as a goal is fair enough! Or "top 10 finish" but to go from "a top 15" (as mid table is) to top 6.... is farce...

Bigger than that issue though.... is the struggle to sell players! I've been trying to sell 3 of my lowly rated players but they can never agree terms! Bids galore from Irish teams and lower division english teams but always failing! These guys are only on like 2,000 a week! Even some of the Swedish teams have failed.... infuriating...
  • I personally hate the "reduce player wages". I got Newcastle to 4th place which is miraculous for a team out if championship, how does a team that improves that much expect wage cuts? Not how you stay at the top.
  • I also prefer the team hub from previous FIFA.
    Its cleaner and I can see everything in a single screen.
  • I personally hate the "reduce player wages". I got Newcastle to 4th place which is miraculous for a team out if championship, how does a team that improves that much expect wage cuts? Not how you stay at the top.

Especially when you bring a team up from League One to the Premier League and all your mediocre players want 3x the wage they were on
  • gxcpl
    edited March 30
    I also prefer the team hub from previous FIFA.
    Its cleaner and I can see everything in a single screen.

Yeah, me too... I didn't play FIFA 17 (jumped from 16 to 18), but I also prefere the team's hub from 16 over 18.
  • gxcpl
    Fifa 18 was a disappointment on so many levels...
  • gxcpl
    It would be nice if they allow us to change other team's shirt numbers, too!
    I feel annoyed when I see Neymar using #34 for Juventus (and Brazilian National Team), Aguero using #45 for Real Madrid, Bale using #43 for Man Utd, Pogba using #39 for PSG... The list goes on and on...
  • gxcpl
    edited March 30
    I personally hate the "reduce player wages". I got Newcastle to 4th place which is miraculous for a team out if championship, how does a team that improves that much expect wage cuts? Not how you stay at the top.

Especially when you bring a team up from League One to the Premier League and all your mediocre players want 3x the wage they were on

Exactly! I HATE that, too! Every player wants a s#!t load of money to re-sign your team! And there's absolutelly nothing we can do but pay or let them go (and then pay the same amount to hire other mediocre players).
  • Dennis1991
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hello, EA!
    because many Fifa players complain to Fifa 18, I would also like to get rid sometimes of a few points of criticism.
    To begin with I would like to say that I have always loved the Fifa plays up to now and also have really played from release up to the release of the new Fifa. With Fifa 18 this is different!

It is for me primarily about the career mode and the Offline-Gaming. With every new update I see always only that components of FUT are changed and are improved. Offline, among the rest, for the career mode which has very much a lot of potential nothing is made generally.

It is for me about the following points:
    Difficulty level offline: The highest level of difficulty becomes easier from Fifa to Fifa! Legend puts no more challenge there! I have tried about the sliders really everything to make the play more demanding. Nevertheless, it feels completely different, as if one plays in FUT on „legend“ or on „ultimative“ against squad battles. Why is the level of difficulty "legend" made offline not more demanding or is inserted Even „ultimative"? Here you have to make the possibility with the update for the world championship to mode the level of difficulty offline more demanding! Please, use the opportunity! I do not think that it is especially difficult to make the level of difficulty offline more demanding!

Goals news in the career mode: Also the goal news functions are not long any more in the career mode. Also this cannot be! It will be a light one for you to repair the problem! So please patch this EA!

transfers in the career mode: Though the transfers have been improved a little, nevertheless, are also too easy! Whether to oblige a top star one with Braunschweig or by Bayern tried no role plays! This top star would also decide on Braunschweig! Also here please for the future amend!

It is a great pity ones that this do not offline-play any more is promoted and is considered. To me is aware that you want that everybody plays only FUT, so you have more profit. Therefore, only this mode is promoted and the other modes are neglected! Therefore the players should lose the desire to these modes, e. g. , career mode! But if you the mode "FUT" wanted to promote, why do you need then so many licences? In FUT exist only teams which there are not in the reality. There the licences interest nobody! I look at the sole support of FUT as a big mistake!

BECAUSE:
    1. There is one if mixes Fifa player whom only the career mode interests and itself so the play shop, among the rest, also I. Should offline-play in future for this not be made any more, you will lose many Fifa players! These are already one if player mixes after PES 2018 changed!

2. All players the mode "FUT" will never play it! Only that's why you should also promote the other modes! Should this not happen, you will be able to watch furthermore, as usual, more players to PES change!

3. Should this offline-play not be promoted, it will come sooner or later to the fact that you do not play at all is bought!

So EA, please, finally, also sometimes this offline-play supply with updates and promote!

Thanks!
  • Castro0607
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 12
    Love the idea of being able to turn on/off unrealistic transfers
  • Cant you score in legendary? Just touch the right stick. Do something randomly. AI literally lets you go. You don't even need to try to pass anyone. You think you passed the whole opponent because you are a 5 y.old kid.
    I didnt see any kind of broken game like this for years ANY KIND OF. Don't waste your energy guys. FIFA series is dead for offline gaming. If you are older than 14, this game is finished for you
  • gxcpl
    edited April 14
    Castro0607 wrote: »
    Love the idea of being able to turn on/off unrealistic transfers

Right??
    I like the option of signing a pre-contract, but I just signed Pogba 92OVR for free, with FC Basel!!! I don't think ANY team would let their superstar sign with a much smaller team for free. I'm sure they would re-sign before the contract expires... And I don't think a player like Pogba, in his prime, would leave for a smaller team, to get the same salary.
  • gxcpl
    edited April 14
    Another thing that might be fun:

We always know how the players will develop, right? We all know Ezequiel Barco will become a superstar and hire him.
    But things aren't always like that in real life. Sometimes a great young player do not develop into the superstar we all expect (remember Alexandre Pato? Never became what everybody expected).
    And sometimes the players have a "rough phase", lowering their "overall", but growing again after a move. And that changes their prices, of course.
    In Fifa, the prices are established by the Potential, right? What means they can predict the future, right? I have an 79OVR 18YO GK costing 9M and another 78OVR 19YO GK costing 12M. Shoudn't be the opposite? Shouldn't be the younger and better one costing more? Or can people predict the future and say the older one will be better?
    It might be fun to have more random development. Having the same player to develop differently if we start two different carrer modes!

I'm sure you all know how to scout future stars easily, right? You just need to check their price before hiring them to your youth team. If you find one costing 3x or 4x than others, hire him. Guaranteed success.
  • My main gripe is that it is almost impossible to sell on youth players. I have just finished the Jan transfer window in 2nd season of my target to "make 2.6m on Youth player sales". In 2 seasons I have managed to sell 0 players. This season I have had 18 "Transfer talks broken down" and not one gone through. I hate reloading a game, but as I had 3 sales pending I decided to see if it made a difference. I reloaded 15 times, and every time all 3 broke down. What is the point of trying a youth policy if you can't sell anyone on.
    Unfortunately, as (unlike FUT) Career mode does not involve further revenue for EA there has been no effort to address any issues with career mode. It will definitely prevent me buying anymore versions as it is ruining the whole game for me.
  • gxcpl
    edited April 17
    Scoobs1904 wrote: »
    My main gripe is that it is almost impossible to sell on youth players. I have just finished the Jan transfer window in 2nd season of my target to "make 2.6m on Youth player sales". In 2 seasons I have managed to sell 0 players. This season I have had 18 "Transfer talks broken down" and not one gone through. I hate reloading a game, but as I had 3 sales pending I decided to see if it made a difference. I reloaded 15 times, and every time all 3 broke down. What is the point of trying a youth policy if you can't sell anyone on.

True... It is really annoying how many "talks are broken down". And I absolutely HATE how now you can only offer one specific position when trying to trade players and they will ask a s#!tload of money + your player.
    The negotiations system are awful, full of bugs, VERY restrictive, you'll have to pay way more to CPU than CPU will pay to you... CPU can't even recognise a really good deal! I offered a 65million player as a trade for a 13million and they refused 'cause they were "looking for a different position".
    Post edited by gxcpl on
  • gxcpl
    I'm sure if EA calls two or three of us to point what to improve in Career Mode we would bring them some great feedback, with easy and cheap changes.

But it's not FUT, so screw Career Mode...
  • gxcpl
    edited April 16
    Scoobs1904 wrote: »
    I have just finished the Jan transfer window in 2nd season of my target to "make 2.6m on Youth player sales". In 2 seasons I have managed to sell 0 players.

The Board Expectations are another bad thing they add, 'cause it makes no sense!

One season I had to develop 3 young players by 10ovr (a LOT, right?) and use them in at least 20 matches in the next season. I did that and developed two pretty good Strikers, now 84ovr each, with 20 years old.
    And now they wanted me to "sign a crucial player in the attacking position"?! Why? I have two great strikers, already! I don't need another CRUCIAL striker...

It's like completely random objectives... I just won the freaking Champions Cup/National League/National Cup with BASEL, but my rating is now 74 'cause I didn't signed another crucial attacker and I couldn't develop another 3 youth players by 10ovr, even with a pretty decent team I have already.