Day 5 of the World Cup - What are your predictions? Let us know here.

I sometimes get up to 40% hackers when I play FUT or Seasons, what are your experiences?

Sm0key_J0e
34 posts Last Pick at the Park
There is still full of cheaters in FIFA pc and it has been like this for years.
Typically, the guy I am playing is slowing down my players when I have the ball or when he is close to goal.

When he is close to goal, I cannot move my defenders fast enough and it is a walk in the park for him.
Sometimes I can lose with 0-6 and the player is not really good.

I try to report them every time but I don't see any difference.
When you search for the username of a cheater, sometimes several similar usernames come up. This means that they have been banned by EA before so they just change the username slightly and continue.

For some reason, a majority of the cheaters are from Germany but I guess they also have many players in general.

Clearly EA does not care about our experience of the game as this has not been addressed at all since years. I am also surprised that Microsoft doesn't care either because it should be in their interest that people continue to use PCs for gaming (and FIFA is probably one of the largest franchises).

What are your experiences with hackers / cheaters?

Comments

• CharlotteBr
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    There is still full of cheaters in FIFA pc and it has been like this for years.
    Typically, the guy I am playing is slowing down my players when I have the ball or when he is close to goal.

When he is close to goal, I cannot move my defenders fast enough and it is a walk in the park for him.
    Sometimes I can lose with 0-6 and the player is not really good.

Im sorry. But that does not sound cheating. it just seems like you're bad at the game
  • skillful_rus
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 14
    Im sorry. But that does not sound cheating. it just seems like you're bad at the game

or Charlotte never played fifa on pc. This is real, my friend

• Sm0key_J0e
    I think Charlotte works for EA...
    I am not an expert but a steady level 3 player in seasons (unless cheaters sometimes push me down to level 4).
  • jajce111
    2033 posts Fans' Favourite

or Charlotte never played fifa on pc. This is real, my friend
    Sm0key_J0e wrote: »
    I think Charlotte works for EA...
    I am not an expert but a steady level 3 player in seasons (unless cheaters sometimes push me down to level 4).

Then move to consoles , and then you will realize that there are not many cheaters and you are just bad at fifa....
  • Jasteban93
    57 posts Park Captain
    edited March 14
    That doesn't sound like cheating. 'Lag switching', which is sort of what you'd be describing, doesn't really exist (in FIFA on PC*). If people are cheating it's a lot more obvious.. and usually just looks like a disconnect, or something completely crazy, not just slowing or dumbing down your players. And it's pretty rare.
  • VARD67876
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lag switching 100% used to exsist on the pc version when i played on it i even wrote a small upload throttling programme which pretty much did what you are describing, i'm asssuming nothing much has changed from fifa 14/15 where in p2p games losing incoming packets seems to mess around with the game engine whether it's deliberate or just a poor connection...
  • Sm0key_J0e
    I am just speaking from my experience which is similar to what thousands others have also experienced. It is really not a question how good or bad someone is, it is simply that we have paid for a game that does not function properly.

This has been going on since at least Fifa 14 and EA is just not doing anything about it.
    They should at least be transparent about it, that when you are playing online, you will encounter cheaters/hackers from time to time and they cannot do anything about it.

It is simply scandalous to not adress the issue year after year while milking people for money.
    I am sure that if they REALLY would decide to find a solution, it would be possible.
    Solutions like punkbuster do exist. Whilst not perfect, they are already doing a good job.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    Just to give an update. I am currently at level 2 but will probably go down as I just met 2 cheaters in a row.
    The first one was "Mozzariot". He is playing Lyon. He has 46 wins vs 15 losses (!!!), he has never gone down even one division. His centerbacks were faster than my Mohammed Salah....

The second one I met was "MrStillHere" playing Monaco. This was probably the worst cheater I have ever come across. He was "Level 1", won 5 of his last 6 games with 1 draw. Has 59 wins against 15 losses and has never gone down once in a division.

Unless he is the world champion in FIFA 18, he is the worst hacker I have ever seen.
    I was leading 2-1 and then suddenly, my defenders started moving in slow motion and he got 2 quick goals to win (the last goal in overtime obviously....).

I have reported both, but I believe I have met Mozzariot before with another username.
    EA should look at their IP address, they must have unique FIFA 18 registration numbers or something.

It should not be so difficult to ban them but EA is not taking this seriously.
  • Boommaametw3
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Slow passing or the the game lags right when you are about to do low driven shots or someone runs straight at you and wins the ball every time. Doesn't jockey, doesn't read the game. Just running straight at you every time. No one is that good in defending not even pros like Gorilla. Pc fulls of cheaters moving to ps4 next year
  • VagisilFC
    1035 posts Professional
    Cheating on PC is to easy. There are so many trainers out there, some even free now apparently.

I'll put it to you this way. Regardless of platform, think of all the times you see online opponents do any of the following things
    • PTB and Counter
    • switch formation right after kick off
    • spam the exploit tactic of any given year
    • time waste with over 30 minutes left
    • have a team with the same standard pacey, sweaty players as over 50% of all gamers

These are examples of how toxic this community is and how often they will do anything to win.

Now apply that mindset to the PC community, how many of them do you think are using these trainers?

In todays FIFA community it is not possible for anyone to be naïve enough or unaware. If you come across anyone claiming you just need to get better, you have found a cheat who doesn't like being called out.
  • v3marko
    14 posts Ball Boy
    VagisilFC wrote: »
    Cheating on PC is to easy. There are so many trainers out there, some even free now apparently.

I'll put it to you this way. Regardless of platform, think of all the times you see online opponents do any of the following things
    • PTB and Counter
    • switch formation right after kick off
    • spam the exploit tactic of any given year
    • time waste with over 30 minutes left
    • have a team with the same standard pacey, sweaty players as over 50% of all gamers

These are examples of how toxic this community is and how often they will do anything to win.

Now apply that mindset to the PC community, how many of them do you think are using these trainers?

In todays FIFA community it is not possible for anyone to be naïve enough or unaware. If you come across anyone claiming you just need to get better, you have found a cheat who doesn't like being called out.

On point. Those are online fifa sociopaths. You need great monk like patience to have fun on fifa. And after all if you are good as i think I am you will find yourself winning most of your wl games against teams made out of 11/11 players worth more that your whole team. All you have pointed out above is bad, but for me the worst thing is fut market and players update system itself. Some say it would be good if you would not be able to use more than few legends in wl. That would add some tactical benefits and better allaround fairnes of wl. I think players ratings and inform updates are just antifootball arcade pay to op b****t. They should be there and could be fun but with understanding the facts of human physical limitations, understanding that not a single player in football history ever played like an super advanced cyborg that no human can match.
  • VagisilFC
    1035 posts Professional
    Yeah the flood of special player with upgrade stats makes it all a wash, but even that would be better than finding 40% of opponents with a team of 99 OVR players because of a cheat engine.

What gets me is I don't understand how they enjoy it, surely it gets boring having no challenge. Or maybe it is the 99 OVR vs 99 OVR matchups that they find stimulating
  • maksi
    5206 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 7
    v3marko wrote: »
    They should be there and could be fun but with understanding the facts of human physical limitations, understanding that not a single player in football history ever played like an super advanced cyborg that no human can match.
    this is why i hate FUT gameplay, things that high rated players do on the pitch aren't possible by the law of physics and it's mostly done by AI

tackling while being full sprint with 90+ pace players is game breaking, you can't simply defend against it since they nerfed shielding in fifa 18

• Sm0key_J0e
    edited May 7
    I played two days ago against a "Level 1" guy. 69 wins and 7 losses.
    If his stats were real, he would be World Champion.

While his players were running all over, mine were moving in slow-motion.
    And this was in SEASONS.
    Why do people cheat in SEASONS ???

In FUT it is because of the money.
  • buzlev
    5 posts Ball Boy
    Yes there are a lot of cheaters, especially in the last month or so, probably they don't care because the game is near end. What happens is they cause lag switch in the final third, both sides of the pitch. They use this method after they go down a goal, or in the second half after 60-th minute. Also sometimes they make the whole game slower and unresponsive, don't know how the do that.