[Story Terminated]

WestardLord
212 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited April 17
JItLERL.png
jFEtd8g.png

This Career Mode Story will include from events and material from real life, in-game elements, as well as a healthy amount of role-play to help simulate the story. FC Dallas is also renowned for its youth development, a feature which will be highlighted in this story.

Below you will find the rules I have placed on the career mode for the purposes of realism and role play.

Career Mode Rules and Restrictions
jpTRLOe.png
Career Objectives (2017 Season)
9llEYBX.png
Career Mode Finances (2017 Season)
3mSDjuX.png
Current Roster
xpEtmqq.png

2MnT22x.png
A member of Major League Soccer since its inception in 1996, FC Dallas is owned and operated by Hunt Sports Group. The professional team plays from March to November at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. One of the first soccer-specific stadiums built in the United States, the venue plays host to Major League Soccer matches, concerts, international soccer matches and high school football.

Post edited by WestardLord on

Comments

• WestardLord
    edited March 18
    ujIQjdu.png
    odcYVIk.png

In a surprising turn of events, Kasey Keller, the former Seattle Sounders goalkeeper and National Soccer Hall of Famer, has been announced as the new face of FC Dallas.

The 47-year-old has reportedly signed a three-year deal at Toyota Stadium and arrives on the back of several years as an ESPN commentator. His prolific career involves stints at some of the world best clubs, including:

• Millwall F.C. (1992-96)
    • Leicester City F.C. (1996-99)
    • Rayo Vallecano (1999-2001)
    • Tottenham Hotspur (2001-05)
    • Borussia Mönchengladbach (2005-07)
    • Fulham (2007-08)
    • Seattle Sounders FC (2009-11)

He retired from professional soccer in 2011 after three seasons with the Sounders. Keller is also a former U.S. Men’s National Team goalkeeper and three-time U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year. In all, he played 609 matches in four countries in his professional career.

Speaking to the press, chief executive Clark Hunt was quoted saying “Kasey is one of the few Americans to break through into multiple prestigious teams and leagues around the world. He’s very determined and we are confident his leadership and experience can bring us the success we’ve been looking for.

And after being officially named as the club’s new boss, Keller spoke of his delight. “It’s a real honor to be selected as head coach for FC Dallas. It’s exciting, but I also understand and appreciate the gravity of the task ahead of me.”

A native of the American Northwest, and a former member of both Sounders and Portland Timbers, it came as a surprise the legendary keeper took a position at what many would call a lower tier club. Hunt explained, "We want some of Kasey's magic. He expressed interest early on and we had similar visions for how we could grow the team."

Asked about the concern surrounding his 'outsider' status, Keller said, “It doesn’t worry me at all. The board worked incredibly hard to make sure we were a good fit and to show me the potential that can be achieved here. Is this a bold move? Yes, but don’t mistake that for a lack of ambition or judgement. I have big plans for the squad and it’s going to put Dallas on the map for success.”

Keller will start at his new position this month as FC Dallas proceed to an invitational cup before the 2017 season.

zGqRHUG.png
    Xb3YAlL.png

In a move that is sure to take most Dallas supporters by complete surprise, star attacking midfielder Mauro Díaz has signed a contract with Houston Dynamo. The deal was struck after Houston paid the player's release clause of an estimated $5 million.

Díaz' agent was quoted about the move, "It happened relatively quickly. We had an incredible offer and we had to move fast." The move allegedly had little or nothing to do with the recent hiring of Kasey Keller as Dallas' conductor.

When asked for comment, Keller stated, "I wish Mauro the best, I think he'll do well at Houston. There are no hard feelings and I hope he and our boys can continue to be friends and colleagues, no matter what colors they wear. I look forward to seeing him on the pitch this season."

Keller also assured the press that the departure of Díaz does not significantly affect his plans for the club going forward.

0H4Z1De.png
    V8OGiCM.png

The January transfer window has barely opened and FC Dallas boss Kasey Keller is already making waves in the MLS league with recent acquisitions.

Per an announcement in a press conference this morning, the manager inked deals with three 17-year-olds from the Dallas youth academy.

First up is Tariq Vance, a midfielder from Toronto who will likely shore up the middle of the pitch after the recent departure of Mauro Díaz. Second is Amir Rama, a promising striker originally from Colorado. Third is Teo-Marco Luna, the Mexican-born center back who could very well rejuvenate FCD's rapidly aging defensive line.

The deal proves Keller's commitment to youth development. Keller remarked about the new contracts, "We need to continue to invest in our youth academy and bring in young players who not only show great potential growth, but also bring a newer energy to the pitch. FC Dallas has the best youth academy in the nation, and we need to take advantage of that fact to produce results for the club itself."
  • Danimal5981
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    Nice one, a total unknown (well, at least for me and most European continentals). Graphically tight as well: looking forward to this one.
  • ASdoZeR
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Welcome! Interesting team choice as I also don't know much about the MLS and the teams.
    Like the graphics and the presentation. So good luck.
  • subpop
    1400 posts Professional
    Welcome!

Very nice introduction. Good luck with your story!
  • Greenman019
    2736 posts Fans' Favourite
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with this. Don't know much about the MLS either.
  • WestardLord
    Thanks everyone! I thought it would be interesting to try a smaller club in the MLS, the challenge being to turn into a world renowned team.
  • ale1985bg
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    GRhGwHf.png
    YOU LIED TO ME!!! :angry:

I thought it was Kasey Keller you were talking about... :joy:

Good luck man, graphics looks ace and the intro looks promising... Keep it up! :)

• WestardLord
    Actually now that you mention it, that would have been a great idea! lol
  • DonGabriel
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    Welcome! Good luck with this thread.
  • Virtual_K
    1177 posts Professional
    I like the team choice, and I am familiar with MLS and FC Dallas, so I look forward to the story.
    Are you a fan of FC Dallas by the way?

p.s. @ale1985bg did a CMS with Kasey Keller if you didn't know. Funny, because I thought the same thing at first.
  • WestardLord
    edited March 3
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I like the team choice, and I am familiar with MLS and FC Dallas, so I look forward to the story.
    Are you a fan of FC Dallas by the way?
    Admittedly I'm not very familiar with FC Dallas or MLS, even though I live a few minutes from the stadium. So, they're technically my home team (lol). I thought it would be an interesting challenge to play a team so unknown to me.

Also, sorry this thread is kind of weirdly organized right now; I'm changing a bunch of things. I originally approached this very casually, but now I've gotten really into it. Plus, I just realized that all my media shows 2018 dates when the game itself actually starts in 2017, so back to the drawing board!
  • ale1985bg
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I originally approached this very casually, but now I've gotten really into it.
    It often starts like this... Wait until you get attached to this or that random player and someone offers a totally insane amount of money for him. :joy:
  • WestardLord
    edited March 3
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    I originally approached this very casually, but now I've gotten really into it.
    It often starts like this... Wait until you get attached to this or that random player and someone offers a totally insane amount of money for him. :joy:

Alright so, your initial assumption about my career has got me thinking how cool it would be for Kasey Keller to be running my team, so that's what I'm gonna do. It's not too late to change it.
  • SAFC1879
    91 posts Park Captain
    Got to be honest, I had to google Red Keller when his back story involved that he played for Sunderland. I knew he had not and figured he was made up but curiosity got the better of me!
  • WestardLord
    edited March 10
    5Fwdh8P.png

YikKhY9.png
    Alright everyone, let's get right to it.

This is our first meeting of the season, so we have a lot to cover. Today we'll be talking about the upcoming season, the invitational cup, club objectives, and player development.

I want to start with the league's guidelines for the season and our goals for the year.

IgEC8EL.png

dMaSLiN.png

YikKhY9.png
    With board approval, I have outlined some ambitious objectives for the club this year. I believe reaching the finals will be our toughest goal, but it's entirely dependent on appropriately managing our line-up and maximizing player form.

This is how our finances are shaping up:

YknS1BO.png

2V6WdTp.png
    The MLS has granted additional funding to all teams this year, and I plan to use much of that towards scouting and new player acquisition.

Let's continue by presenting our roster prior to the beginning of the season.

4DRqN6i.png

YikKhY9.png
    We have a good mixture of players, both new and experienced. It goes without saying that we have a few players who may be on the edge of finishing up their careers. I also plan to increase the overall value of as many players as possible with regular training and getting every player on the pitch for a healthy amount of time.

Our new youth acquisitions were hired on a provisional basis. We'll see how they do during the pre-season and extend their contracts based on performance.

This is our current, pre-season starting XI:

yBUSs0O.png

YikKhY9.png
    Note how this works with our current roster and player ratings. We're perhaps strongest in our midfield; multiple players who have varied talents. We're nothing if not spoiled for choice. However, our defensive line needs work.

We have an upcoming invitational friendly, after which our assistant coach will provide more information regarding the potential of players, as well as suggested formations and roles.
  • subpop
    1400 posts Professional
    Very interesting self-restrictions. It's going to make it fun.

I must say that I really like the graphics. They're amazing.

Willing to see the first games of the team. Good luck.
  • WestardLord
    edited March 18
    rf13CjS.png
    V1v081Y.png

American Airlines will play host and sponsor to an invitational friendly tournament for the pre-season, involving 8 of the league's high profile teams. While certainly offering spectacle for fans and supporters, the tournament will also serve as a warm-up for the 2017 season.

The prize money will be $1,550,000 and the lineup will include:

DlffvE1.png

The tournament will also see the much awaited debut of FC Dallas head coach Kasey Keller, as the MLS world will witness how the former keeper will make the transition from player to full-time club boss.

Look for the first matches to take place on 5 February.
  • WestardLord
    subpop wrote: »

Yeah I thought it would be interesting to make it even more of a role play.

In fact, the rules are based on this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers/comments/732pwk/realistic_career_mode_rules_for_this_year/
  • Greenman019
    2736 posts Fans' Favourite
    I like the idea of the restrictions and like subpop says, smart graphics.

Good luck in pre-season :)
  • DonGabriel
    As subpop and Greenman019 said, great graphics. Particurlarly, I like to do a realistic career as you're doing. Pre-season looks balanced, good luck.
  • subpop
    1400 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »

Yeah I thought it would be interesting to make it even more of a role play.

In fact, the rules are based on this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/FifaCareers/comments/732pwk/realistic_career_mode_rules_for_this_year/

Thanks for the information
  • WestardLord
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    I also don't know much about the MLS and the teams.
    So, the problem with this is that in-game, the MLS is structured almost identically to European leagues.

For the example the CONCACAF is going on right now IRL, which is nowhere to be seen in the FIFA games. The transfer windows are also different and there's no draft pick as there is in the real MLS. So, the structure will be virtually the same as what most people are used to, because it's impossible for me to incorporate those things without messing up the timeline or story somehow.

Oh well, lol.
  • WestardLord
    edited March 18
    Qmd8LFt.png

8tE19a.png
    Okay, here is how the month is shaping up for us.

We are currently in the group stage of the invitational, with training sessions in-between. Our athletic trainer will provide more information about the highest potential players. The subsequent training sessions will be determined later if we get to the final, which I firmly believe we will!

February 2017
    eJKxgdu.png

T3VJduF.png
    Today's training session has been completed, and these are the players who show the greatest potential.

SS1F07w.png

T3VJduF.png
    To reiterate something Coach Keller has already explained, we're clearly strongest in the midfield. I believe these players may provide us with the best results. Fortunately, our new recruits are showing characteristics of highly skilled players, I'm really happy about that!

It also means we may need to focus more energy on training the rest of the team, while the high potential players will progress at a faster rate naturally, as long as they are in top form and we play them accordingly.

2V6WdTp.png
    For now, we are sticking to our current starting XI for the match with Puebla. Following that performance let's experiment with our bench and reserves.

Good luck to the players!
  • WestardLord
    PEnheFj.png
    vxWWym0.png

Kasey Keller enjoyed a positive start to his career in charge of Dallas after edging out Puebla at the opening of the friendly American Airlines Invitational.

The former Timbers and Sounders keeper was on the receiving end of some skepticism just after his appointment last December. However, Keller's time on the pitch got up and running during the second half following a goal from attacking mid Kellyn Acosta.

Acosta rolls in a through ball at 71'.
    giphy.gif

fVBbmXr.png

Left-sider Roland Lamah, who has proven to have golden toes during his tenure at Dallas, managed to miss several shots.

"He's known for such incisive shots and unexpected goals," a fan said later. "I think a lot of us were kind of surprised that he didn't get at least one of those in."

Puebla's Rodriguez blocks what many fans thought would be a sure goal by FCD's Lamah.
    giphy.gif

Meanwhile, Jesse Gonzalez denied the Mexican team any opportunities, leaving Puebla's offensive line scoreless and disappointed.

Shots against the keeper were left up to midfielder Pato Araujo, who showed visible frustration after multiple attempts.

zcg8V53.png

When interviewed briefly after the match, Keller said, "It was a good result. We could certainly push ourselves a little more, but the team met most of my expectations for the match."

Puebla coach Enrique Meza had a slightly different story to tell. "I think we were evenly matched for most of the game," he asserted. "Luck was on Dallas' side tonight."

d5ndNbi.png
    Other fixtures are as follows.

RTjJgdL.png
  • DonGabriel
    Best way to start a preseason. Acosta looks very promising and a clean sheet on first match increase the confidence of your squad.

As I said before, pretty good and clean graphics.
  • Virtual_K
    1177 posts Professional
    Good start to the preseason as well as your story. Your presentation looks sharp with some nice game stats. Although I have to say that Kasey Keller didn't age well. :D
  • ASdoZeR
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Solid start to the preseason. A win in the first game always gives some confidence.

I really like your graphics and the presentation!
  • WestardLord
    edited March 8
    Thank you!

Though, I have to say I kind of shamelessly ripped off the game stats graphic from Goal.com
  • WestardLord
    edited March 18
    3szwCi6.png
    February 2017 Calendar
    eJKxgdu.png

2V6WdTp.png
    We had a great start to the pre-season yesterday with a win against Puebla. I'm satisfied with the result, but I continue to expect more out of our team.

APt4q7p.png
    We let the opposing attackers get past the defensive line too many times. I also think the striker did not have enough support up front.

Considering those points, I have created a new starting formation for the next match. We're starting two of our younger players, Amir Rama and Paxton Pomykal. I've seen their potential on the training grounds and I think they're ready to show us what they can do.

2V6WdTp.png
    On another note, I have officially commenced our scouting process. These are the scouts I've hired:

drq7Zcg.png

2V6WdTp.png
    With the additional funds provided by the MLS this year, we've decided to spend upwards of $1 million for quality scouts. Our academy is the best in the country, and we need to maintain its consistency.

I will present periodic reports of progress with regards to interesting prospects.

Good luck against Montréal!
  • DonGabriel
    Amir Rama has been showing significant growth rate. The option to start with him is a great bet and in my opinion, he will respond to the expectations.