How do people get such good players/so many coins?

alanrudy
1146 posts Professional
edited January 13
This is my first year doing FUT and I've been really at it these last few months. I've played 500 games (unlocked coin boosts), done all the basic/advanced sbcs, 90% of daily and weekly objectives, and several weeks straight of marque matchups. I have a fitness squad worth about 200k and a main squad worth about $500k. How are people getting these Icon(s), great players that are worth my whole squad combined? Buying packs I guess? Because hard to believe they're making that much in Weekend league, not everyone can be top 100, Just curious that I might be missing out on something. I've heard of trading but it seems either endless work (already spend a lot of time on game) for little reward and a bit tedious. Would love suggestions to get more coins. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• tikitaka33
    2191 posts Fans' Favourite
    $$$
  • Vaaass
    2387 posts Fans' Favourite
    Some people are incredible at the game and get really good WL rewards week in week out, some people spend a lot, some people are fantastic investors, and some people do a combination of the three
  • dylanmx
    4408 posts National Call-Up
    alanrudy wrote: »
    I have a fitness squad worth about 200k and a main squad worth about $500k.
    You better be trying to say 500k fifa coins and not half a million irl

• dylanmx wrote: »

I think someone at EA might have had an orgasm reading that and know they are dreaming of us owning teams worth real money
  • dylanmx
    4408 posts National Call-Up
    dylanmx wrote: »

I think someone at EA might have had an orgasm reading that and know they are dreaming of us owning teams worth real money

@NucksNation Hahahahaha probably not far from the truth :D
  • dylanmx wrote: »
    dylanmx wrote: »

@NucksNation Hahahahaha probably not far from the truth :D

We need to delete this thread before they get any ideas
  • alanrudy
    1146 posts Professional
    LOL! 500k fifa coins.
  • truegunn3r
    5701 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 13
    One or more of these three ways:

1. Be a FUT Champion and get insane weekly/monthly rewards
    2. Be good at trading
    3. Buy lots of packs especially during promo periods

If you do neither of these then you don’t really deserve to have good players to be honest as you’re just a casual player.

Ofcourse you can be a casual player and pack a Pele from an SBC which’ll sort you out for rest of the year but that’s like winning the lottery.
  • hoofheartd
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Start trading day 1 of game release and keep at it. Learn the trends. Invest. Use mobile app every hour to keep relisting. I know for me it wasn’t hard to make at least 200k a week this Fifa. There are several posts in the forums on how to make coins with pretty good advice. You’ll make more next year now that you know what to expect. Don’t listen to people who say it’s always rl money. Think about it. I saw in forums earlier somebody gave advice to buy Kane special card BEFORE the sbc came out. If you followed that advice you would have made 200k instantly even if you only bought 1 card. The more coins you have the more you can make. I played the first month with a garbage team to get my coins up faster. My squad is probably worth 6 Mil now. I spent some money on packs in very beginning but all trading after that with a little extras from WL.
  • Blarix
    14515 posts Has That Special Something
    Become trade king.

• How do you know what players to invest in?
  • truegunn3r
    5701 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 13
    How do you know what players to invest in?
    It’s all anticipation and FUT leaks. You can anticipate something is likely to happen and keep up with FUT news and look for leaks by EA staff/FUT code such as TOTW SBC’s which can let you prepare early on.

Be aware of:
    1. Marquee Matchups
    2. Promo periods such as BF/FUTmas/TOTY
    3. POTM
    4. League SBC’s
    5. TOTW
  • alanrudy
    1146 posts Professional
    edited January 13
    Thank you! Awesome advice! I will read up on posts on how to make coins, 200k a week sounds great! I hope to still be able to focus more of my time on getting better/more experienced at the game than spent on trading.
  • hoofheartd
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Read the posts in the forums. It’s all there. Buy low sell high. It’s almost that easy. Big coins easier early in the year. Not hard to predict Black Friday, futmas, toty. That’s where to make the coins. And buying silvers for league sbcs. You have to be willing to leave coins invested. 83/84s were huge coin makers. For me it will only be harder to make coins going forward. I’ve moved all my coins to the team I want and am enjoying playing.
  • JoyW
    888 posts Professional
    Thank you! Awesome advice! I will read up on posts on how to make coins, 200k a week sounds great! I hope to still be able to focus more of my time on getting better/more experienced at the game than spent on trading.

Don’t become an addict
  • alanrudy
    1146 posts Professional
    Cool! Thanks again! I still don't get how toty and other events are money making opps, thought it was more promos to hopefully get one in a pack or sell before the crash, but I'll read up on the coin making opportunities. And haha, JoyW, for real!
  • LiveDogs
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you even search the market for Gold players with min 600 and max 700; bid on all the rares from 4 major leagues (la liga, Bpl, etc) and realist for Min 900 buy now 1100 you will make 1-3k an hour with 100 on the market. relisting throughout can make 30k on a decent day. During FUTmas it was so hectic I was making 90k a day just trading gold rares. This method is a grind but works- keep refreshing those listings
  • RadioShaq
    12939 posts Moderator
    There are so many trading guides. The best start is playing games using the coins boost and starting a bank roll. Then you can get into the guides. Easiest on being the discard informs you can’t lose money and make a million or so coins when they double.
  • AliasMaurice
    1848 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 13
    I've made about 4.5 million. It takes time and a bit of luck.

Never buy FP usually but this year I put £24 on when I got the game to play drafts and get some packs to start me off. Put some FP on black friday also and the Xmas promotion. Maybe about £100 in total. Coins from FP might reach about 250k or so. Not worth it at all.

Had some of my best pack luck this year from rewards with Bale, neuer, quite a few totw the best being David silva. David luis and a few others maybe giving me 1 million plus but the rest is trading.

Taking advantage of low prices or pack promos and buying 83s/84s. Spotting a player that can bought open bid cheaper than lowest BIN. Spotting which special cards fluctuate in price alot and trading with them and getting lucky.

My best bit of luck was before a prime icon sbc Thursday. Most of the icons have played in seria a and for ac Milan. So I took a punt one weds and bought loads of Donnarumma for 800 coins or less on spec for sbc Thursday. Hoping they'd rise to 2500/3000. SBC's were leaked and then not released. But on friday the pirlo eoe sbc landed and Donnarumma was going for 7k. Must of made 600k from just that.

Speculate, use a bit of common sense. Spot patterns.

Rare special cards are the best to trade with.
  • JasonF01
    58 posts Park Captain
    I've never played weekend league, play about 20 squad battles per week, not spent a penny on packs (I did get the Icon edition of FIFA but the packs have been awful) and my transfer profit is ~5.2m.

About 500k is match coins, the rest is trading, SBC's, pack luck, bronze pack method, silver upgrades etc.

Probably half of my coins profit is down to pack luck (I got Aubamayang and Kroos before the game even came out via the web app which got me off to a good start, Kante twice, Griezman, Pires etc.) but you can definitely assemble a good squad without spending your entire weekend on WL or hours a day trading or real cash.
  • alanrudy
    1146 posts Professional
    edited January 13
    Wow, awesome advice y'all! I really thank you! With the 1-3k on reselling rare golds an hour, I may prefer to just play games on beginner, score and put down controller, to get near the same. I really like the discard informs idea, didn't know about that. There's some other good advice to work with, it's great to hear that it's possible without spending a lot because I think I may be the type that may have trouble to stop spending with this when I've started, lol. Some of these strategies are going to require developing more knowledge/experience with the market. I'll read up, but any suggestion on a good strategy for this TOTY with about 200k in coins?
  • AliasMaurice
    1848 posts Play-Off Hero
    The simplest thing to do is to wait while people are opening packs in lightening rounds. That's the best time to pick up cards at discard on open bid. Maybe snipe the odd bargin but I prefer open bidding. Won cards that sell for 20k for under 1k during these rounds. That's an extreme case but profit is there.

Another good method is the upcoming totw. Totw cards replace the NIF cards in packs and if it's a good NIF it's price will rise due to less availability. Threads on this forum can indicate who is in with a chance while its usually released at 4pm giving a 2 hour window to get some NIF.

Mostly it's down to rime and patience but spotting patterns can save time.
  • tzinc
    1366 posts Professional
    they buy fp
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2790 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bronze Pack Method... look it up.

Haven't spent a dime on the game and have 1.75 million coins and a Serie A squad worth about 800k. Also have all the players needed to complete La Liga, Bundesliga, Scottish, Japanese and Pro League SBCs the minute they come out along with 45+ packs saved up to open next week for TOTY. Only thing left is to stock up on Premier League guys I still need for that SBC when prices crash next week.

Doesn't take much work, just about a half hour each night and then a few minute stuff every hour or two when you aren't on console to refresh transfer list using the phone app.
  • Djkhalid1921
    8013 posts League Winner
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    Bronze Pack Method... look it up.

Haven't spent a dime on the game and have 1.75 million coins and a Serie A squad worth about 800k. Also have all the players needed to complete La Liga, Bundesliga, Scottish, Japanese and Pro League SBCs the minute they come out along with 45+ packs saved up to open next week for TOTY. Only thing left is to stock up on Premier League guys I still need for that SBC when prices crash next week.

Doesn't take much work, just about a half hour each night and then a few minute stuff every hour or two when you aren't on console to refresh transfer list using the phone app.

Not to sound like a **** but 2.5m in this market doesn't really mean much
  • W77
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    master card and visa and American express are a good start
  • Gjk1983
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I find well timed league sbc an easy money maker. I made over 1 mill on costa's with the calico a sbc in a 4 day period. Spot the high rated silvers and you'll be minted. I suspect bundersliga next the la Liga. Worth a punt I think.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    investing, was going to buy 25 IF kane but was not having enough time to do so else would have made 4M minimum. everyone who played last year had idea that special card of kane would be required and those who invested early would have made millions
  • CaptEcuador16
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero
    bro first of all why the hell do you have a 200k fitness squad???
  • seabo
    1099 posts Professional
    Instead of learning FUT market learn stock/forex/crypto markets to make money then rip packs open. More useful skill I realised haha.