The Semi-N00b FIFA Experience

Absting159
4984 posts Moderator
edited April 9
Duplicate Post - I also posted this in the WL Thread - can the normal WL players give me some advice on formations to use? I'm running this squad now. It's what I qualified with. I haven't been good in wide formations, and I get ripped apart defensively. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Custom Tactic suggestions would be huge too. I made my first mid game change and tightened up my defense in the final and from that point on I didn't let any goals in with this formation. Went to width 30. Lol.

I'd rather not be trading anyone at this point, more so just help me solidify this with people maybe within 100k budget?
Pqs5FsV.jpg

Subs:
Dj8sV5K.jpg
EseTuYN.jpg

I know I can obviously upgrade Kimmich - I do have some investments sitting so if I just sold at what I bought I could get him easy. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks Peeps!
Post edited by Absting159 on

Comments

• mjustic
    1286 posts Professional
    I'd upgrade both fullbacks and that Wijnaldum, they aren't gonna go well in the WL
  • Absting159
    4984 posts Moderator
    mjustic wrote: »
    I'd upgrade both fullbacks and that Wijnaldum, they aren't gonna go well in the WL

Kimmich is an easy upgrade. Any thoughts on how I can keep full chem on VVD and get rid of both Wij and Aanhold?
  • Cadey 5
    8066 posts League Winner
    Don’t do it to yourself.
  • Alaba 7 chem will do just fine imo
  • dopetothemax
    1260 posts Professional
    Absting159 wrote: »

Kimmich is an easy upgrade. Any thoughts on how I can keep full chem on VVD and get rid of both Wij and Aanhold?

Check out IF Zeegelaar for LB and then look for a different prem CM. Maybe Herrera or someone like that.
  • Absting159
    4984 posts Moderator

Check out IF Zeegelaar for LB and then look for a different prem CM. Maybe Herrera or someone like that.

How about Mooy? I loaded up 84/85 IFs for an Argentine/Brazilian Icon and we see how well that panned out. I remembered there being an IF Dutch LB. He'll keep VVD on 10 and Mooy. . .thoughts on him?
  • Absting159
    4984 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Yes, I think IF Zeegelaar is in. I like the strength of 84. Boost that up with chem.

Now how about Mooy?

The formation good? Custom Tactic suggestions?

@Cadey 5 Lol. I know, I have to try once.
  • Absting159
    4984 posts Moderator
    Alaba 7 chem will do just fine imo

I had Alaba for a bit and never felt like he was worth his cost. I'd rather buck up and go Kimmich. I didn't want to have to offload anyone, but its only about 6 of my IF's i picked up. . .so I won't lose too much.
  • AlexSolm
    6941 posts Big Money Move
    My general advice is to keep your calm, as for the team I wouldn't use Pirlo in WL, he has been very easy for me to play against, would rather put Dembele in the team and move Gullit to CAM, also buy Alaba and use your Walker instead of your current fullbacks
  • Absting159
    4984 posts Moderator
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    My general advice is to keep your calm, as for the team I wouldn't use Pirlo in WL, he has been very easy for me to play against, would rather put Dembele in the team and move Gullit to CAM, also buy Alaba and use your Walker instead of your current fullbacks

Do you like the idea of IF Zeegelar and SIF Mooy? Also, I've heard that about Pirlo. What is it about him you abuse? Is it worth getting 45 out of him?
  • AlexSolm
    6941 posts Big Money Move
    AlexSolm wrote: »

Do you like the idea of IF Zeegelar and SIF Mooy? Also, I've heard that about Pirlo. What is it about him you abuse? Is it worth getting 45 out of him?

I don't know if they're good, definitely better than what you have but Alaba is a safe bet. Pirlo just seems useless off the ball, he doesn't run forward, doesn't track back, and I just run past him like he's nothing.
  • jdros
    2365 posts Fans' Favourite
    Unless you think you are going to take the WL by storm and finish elite+ your first time out, just have fun. Your team is good enough to finish in gold if you play enough games and if you like it and play well with it don’t worry about changing.

I’ve played in every WL this year, haven’t played more than 10 matches in a week I think, most only 5 (SB rewards are plenty for me and I like having the extra time on the weekends). I use 3412 and do fine and did fine all last year when I went for gold every week using 3421. Just play with what you are comfortable with and learn from the matches you get beat by better players.

Good luck.
  • Falafelmonster
    3889 posts National Call-Up
    Sell 86 Gullit, get 88 Petite and upgrade Wijnaldum Van Aanholt to pogba and SIF Young.
  • Yea if youre open to selling 86 Gullit he looks poor value for coins imo
  • Shade98818
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sell Gullit, buy 86 Vieira. Super defense player.
  • Koolfashion
    982 posts Professional
    Get your anti raging pills ready. I know you are exited, but after 40 games you will feel lack of brain and energy :D This is me every weekend.
  • TimRUFC
    2198 posts Fans' Favourite
    SIF Mooy Cm, IF Zeegalaar LB and TOTGS Kimmich Rb and your good to go my friend honestly it’s not all it’s cracked up to be you should absolutely stream roll some of the players you come up against
  • Knowlesdinho
    5823 posts Big Money Move
    It was nice knowing you! I'll come visit you in the mental institution after the weekend.
  • Shade98818
    601 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2017
    WL is horrible this week. GL mate.
  • dylwms
    2140 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck, you'll be tearing your hair out most of this weekend
  • CtldChaos
    1753 posts Play-Off Hero
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    SIF Mooy Cm, IF Zeegalaar LB and TOTGS Kimmich Rb and your good to go my friend honestly it’s not all it’s cracked up to be you should absolutely stream roll some of the players you come up against

+1 on these as being the simpliest solutions. However, I tried SIF Mooy for 10 games and was not impressed. Too clunky on the ball and I could never get his shot on target. My thoughts...

Move Gullet up to LCM. Get IF Zeegalaar at LB.

Get Tolisso, IF if possible, and drop him into the CCM spot. Should be on full chem.

Move Pirlo to the bench as a super sub. Just about ANY French, Mexican, Italian OR Bunda CAM will be on full chem. James Rodriguez is my obvious first choice. Thiago is another solid one. TOTGS Ben Yedder would be crazy good there.

One other thing.... Drop Leno... Get Fahrman. Much better IMO.

• Ryan10g
    1419 posts Professional
    jdros wrote: »
    Unless you think you are going to take the WL by storm and finish elite+ your first time out, just have fun. Your team is good enough to finish in gold if you play enough games and if you like it and play well with it don’t worry about changing.

I’ve played in every WL this year, haven’t played more than 10 matches in a week I think, most only 5 (SB rewards are plenty for me and I like having the extra time on the weekends). I use 3412 and do fine and did fine all last year when I went for gold every week using 3421. Just play with what you are comfortable with and learn from the matches you get beat by better players.

Good luck.

I think this is the best advice your going to get. The slight player upgrades may be the difference in 1 maybe two games total, you will go through the entire range of emotions from loving your team and any specific player to hating them all and feeling you need an entire team change. If the current team you have is working then don't change, I see a ton of people change their entire team going into a WL and then can't understand why the team plays totally different.
  • Arsenalfan97
    5883 posts Big Money Move
    SIF mooy is great I’m using. I started really badly with my first WL on 18 last week so don’t worry if you start really poorly it took me like 8 or9 games to adjust
  • Absting159
    4984 posts Moderator
    I’m just getting to work and reading through all the posts from while I was sleeping.

Guys thank you for the advice!!! I saw some good suggestions. And to all who said Gullit is poor value for coins, unfortunately I agree I just can’t sell him and take this big of a loss (bought weeks ago at 1.4). Need him to at least get back up over 1.35 or I’ll cry when I let him go. Haha.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    19542 posts World Class
    Fullbacks will be the problem as said above, pirlo may need subbing for someone more effective in the tougher games, other than that it looks great.

Be sensible when in the lead, I’m not saying time waste but it’s very easy for a game to change with 2 quick goals.

Some opponents aren’t forgiving and will do whatever it takes to win, prepare yourself to handle scumbag tactics.
  • Absting159
    4984 posts Moderator
    Advice is much appreciated.

I am fully aware of the frustrations that await and I’ll try to just accept it for what it is and see how well I can do. I played it a bit last year and i k ow it’s not for me week in and week out but I was determined to get in and try it this year, haha.

I like the idea of Tolisso and Ben Yedder. Hell if Kaka is released tonight he’ll 100% be at CAM and I’ll make it work. Haha.

Fullbacks will be upgraded. I’m going to shift some investments today.
  • Betrus
    1087 posts Professional
    Good luck. Apply some lubricant when needed and it won't be so painful.
  • Killashaw
    1147 posts Professional
    PTB, play on possesion, even when you're behind. That's about it. GL
  • Gingerballs_69_
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    Killashaw wrote: »
    PTB, play on possesion, even when you're behind. That's about it. GL

That’s how u play your 40 games?
  • Gil3000Doe
    895 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Personally would switch to either the 4231 or 41212, dependant on how comfortable you are defensively. Expect 4312 to be taken apart unless you have all CMs on stay back while attacking (they never do, but may mean youa re left with some cover at least). Agree Gullit to someone more defensive is the way to go, keep us updated on your progress please :)