OT- Fortnite Battle Royale thread!

Argie8
1826 posts Play-Off Hero
Thought I'd make a fortnite thread. It's my new addiction. Anyone else enjoying it?

I'd be interested to see people's records. Mine is shocking :joy:

Comments

• o uhMaZiiNq
    9081 posts League Winner
    Game of the year tbh. Love it. Have around 75 total wins now I believe. Finally found a squad to consistently run with and it's been much more fun.
  • Azof
    10853 posts Has That Special Something
    It being fast paced compared to pubg is nice but shooting mechanics are awful
  • o uhMaZiiNq
    9081 posts League Winner
    edited December 2017
    Azof wrote: »
    It being fast paced compared to pubg is nice but shooting mechanics are awful

The damage and spray are super inconsistent. Would be great if they could clean it up. Sick of blasting somebody with a shotty up close and seeing single digit damage or watching my AR shots go right through a guy or hitting somebody square in the chest with an RPG and it does nothing
  • Argie8
    1826 posts Play-Off Hero
    Game of the year tbh. Love it. Have around 75 total wins now I believe. Finally found a squad to consistently run with and it's been much more fun.

That's insane. I've won 1 in 250 games lmao. Do you play a lot of shooters? I've not played one in 5 years. I feel like a noob again.

• o uhMaZiiNq
    9081 posts League Winner
    edited December 2017
    Argie8 wrote: »

That's insane. I've won 1 in 250 games lmao. Do you play a lot of shooters? I've not played one in 5 years. I feel like a noob again.

I used to but since call of duty has been trash for a few years not much. Won 4 today with my squad in the short time we played and a day or 2 ago we won 15 in the same day. Started off today with my first game we had 30 kills combined in squads which is pretty good and went back to back the next game as well
  • Argie8
    1826 posts Play-Off Hero

I used to but since call of duty has been trash for a few years not much. Won 4 today with my squad in the short time we played and a day or 2 ago we won 15 in the same day. Started off today with my first game we had 30 kills combined in squads which is pretty good and went back to back the next game as well

That's unbelievable. How much time you sunk into it? I've put in about 27 hours now. Last cod I played was modern warfare 3 and my kd was 2.4 so I can be decent at shooters,just need lots of practice

It'd be cool if eventually they add some competitive game mode, something to bring all the good players together. That'd be fun to watch.
  • Absting159
    4680 posts Big Money Move
    I do love this game but its incredibly annoying when I'm just trying to hack down some trees for scraps and someone picks me off, lol. I get way to involved in what I'm trying to do and stop paying attention :).
  • o uhMaZiiNq
    9081 posts League Winner
    edited December 2017

That's unbelievable. How much time you sunk into it? I've put in about 27 hours now. Last cod I played was modern warfare 3 and my kd was 2.4 so I can be decent at shooters,just need lots of practice

It'd be cool if eventually they add some competitive game mode, something to bring all the good players together. That'd be fun to watch.

They are gonna be putting private matchmaking in so I'm sure it will happen eventually. Maybe not a pub game mode but more of an eSport type thing.

I have 14 hours in solo, 108 in duos and 44 in squads so 166 total
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17008 posts World Class
    edited December 2017
    honestly didn’t think fortnite would appeal to me when i first saw gameplay of it. just thought it was some kind of blatant cartoonish rip off of pubg at the time.

but i was sorely wrong. fortnite is an incredible game. the building aspect enables more aggresive play. you can freely run around and still be able to turn the table on an opponent that had the jump on you. the shooting is a bit too rng at times on some weapons, but other than that it’s very fun and skill based.
  • o uhMaZiiNq
    9081 posts League Winner
    honestly didn’t think fortnite would appeal to me when i first saw gameplay of it. just thought it was some kind of blatant cartoonish rip off of pubg at the time.

but i was sorely wrong. fortnite is an incredible game. the building aspect enables more aggresive play. you can freely run around and still be able to turn the table on an opponent that had the jump on you. the shooting is a bit too rng at times on some weapons, but other than that it’s very fun and skill based.

I kid you not I uninstalled it after my first game :lol: glad I gave it another try though. The shooting and damage numbers really do need to be refined and the game will be absolutely fantastic
  • joe666
    7933 posts League Winner
    Absting159 wrote: »
    I do love this game but its incredibly annoying when I'm just trying to hack down some trees for scraps and someone picks me off, lol. I get way to involved in what I'm trying to do and stop paying attention :).

hack one down, and keep it moving. that's allows to scan the area and see if theres any incoming threats. if you try and hack down 7-8 trees at once your vulnerable to being ambushed.
  • JuliantbX
    1215 posts Professional
    It’s Amazing. I’ve had several nights to 3am so far, it’s Great
  • Dodds
    6998 posts Big Money Move
    Played a lot recently, out of 32 duos I’ve won a quarter. Been in top 5 half of the games and been in top 15 3/4 if he time.

Think there’s only like 6 games I’ve not been placed. I like it a lot more than squads.
  • JR
    5242 posts Big Money Move
    I'd be happy to squad up tomorrow if people are playing, pretty much the only game I've been playing for weeks now
  • Noisy
    1632 posts Play-Off Hero
    It has been my go to game recently and I’m enjoying it. Just think it would be nice to unlock different outfits when you level up rather then buying them in store.
  • Paawky
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    Such a good game. I'm finally learning to build as soon as I get shot at and out maneuvering people by building. Such a crucial part of the game. What's you're guys highest kill win? Mine is 13.
  • JR
    5242 posts Big Money Move
    Paawky wrote: »
    Such a good game. I'm finally learning to build as soon as I get shot at and out maneuvering people by building. Such a crucial part of the game. What's you're guys highest kill win? Mine is 13.

Don't really pay attention to how many kills but I had 15 yesterday in one game of duo
  • Santiago
    18994 posts World Class
    Don't like it. The building is terrible.

Hopefully they fix PUBG soon
  • Dan is Clutch
    17787 posts World Class
    Noisy wrote: »
    It has been my go to game recently and I’m enjoying it. Just think it would be nice to unlock different outfits when you level up rather then buying them in store.

Tbf, it’s a free game. And a bloody good one at that. They deserve something back imo.
  • Argie8
    1826 posts Play-Off Hero
    Won my first game of squads today! Boom! Only took 100 matches :joy:
  • Paawky
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero

Congrats lol. No matter how many time you see that" Victory Royale" it still gives you a great feeling.
  • Argie8
    1826 posts Play-Off Hero
    Paawky wrote: »

Congrats lol. No matter how many time you see that" Victory Royale" it still gives you a great feeling.

It's incredible isn't it! I've won a duos match too. Just need to get a solo win now. Crazy how the most fun game I've played in years is completely free :)
  • P
    6183 posts Big Money Move
    Haven't played since pubg came out but I love it. Think I have like 10 solo wins in 100 games.

http://xboxclips.com/PWR+FOOL/429b3b36-150d-4dd7-ad69-40c19204990c
  • SF9
    7536 posts League Winner
    P wrote: »
    Haven't played since pubg came out but I love it. Think I have like 10 solo wins in 100 games.

http://xboxclips.com/PWR+FOOL/429b3b36-150d-4dd7-ad69-40c19204990c

Niiiiiice @P
  • ImmigrantMentality
    3664 posts National Call-Up
    absolutely pooing myself at this point. survived solo from the last 12 to the final two in squads.

http://xboxclips.com/DaiV/e8fdc9de-c7b4-42a4-96d1-377e19b86bd3
  • M98H
    8006 posts League Winner
    I'll lose with 10+ kills and I'll win with 3-4 kills, Guess camping with a rifle helps the most in my book!
  • Paawky
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    M98H wrote: »
    I'll lose with 10+ kills and I'll win with 3-4 kills, Guess camping with a rifle helps the most in my book!

I know the feeling lol. I got a few low kill wins and was like ok I'm tired of playing slow so now I try to be aggressive and get a lot of kills. It's definitely been frustrating lol but having more fun.
  • No_NaMe
    9250 posts League Winner
    I downloaded it yesterday, no idea what I’m doing
  • No_NaMe
    9250 posts League Winner
    Any tips? :joy: