4231 vs 4222

scrubosaurus
221 posts Sunday League Hero
hello guys

im giving a try to 4231 for a couple days now. can say that i dont like the formation but sometimes doesnt feel like an atacking formation, maybe its the lack of the 2nd ST that i always used, maybe its just in my head, idk.
so i was thinking about trying 4222. anyone that tryed both, what are your thoughts on this? pros and cons?

tnks

Comments

• scrubosaurus
    221 posts Sunday League Hero
    anyone?
  • Tboon
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I would also like to know... anyone?
  • DSD27
    5455 posts Big Money Move
    4231 all day.
  • Moisthamster
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I always played 4-1-2-1-2 and generally switched to 4-2-2-2 if i was either protecting a lead against a better player or couldnt get anything to click with 4-1-2-1-2.

I recently changed and started playing 4-2-2-2 from the off. (Vidal and 88 Desailly in front of back 4) and I recorded my best Weekend League yet of 30 wins. (Generally 22-24) I can generally get through most teams with just my two strikers (Hernandez and Abaeymang) so missing the central Cam wasnt a big issue.

Only trouble the formation brings is its often hard to get the ball into your strikers feet. You need to be patient and generally wait for one of both of your two cdms to get a bit further forward.

That may be because I have both cdms as set to "stay back" but both the wide cams as set to "stay forward"

Definitley a formation for possession football and slowly building your attack imo.
  • 4231 isn't supposed to be an attacking formation, it's defensive more than anything.

I never really liked it, but I think 4222 isn't nearly better. Despite having 2 CDMs it always feels exposed, and the CAMs play like RMs, it feels like a 442 really. I'd stick with 4231 or 41212