766 posts An Exciting Prospect
    eaPW6ww.jpg

EHDu4mr.jpg

tJYusVV.jpg
  • subpop
    edited October 13
    vjc0m9q.png

Jordi Gilabert: "Great debut, we're very happy with our first match and we showed an amazing level against a very strong rival. We'll keep trying things, but we're working in the right direction"
  • milan_7
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck, great first result in pre-season. Good signing in Kepa Arrizabalaga, his distribution has been great for me in my save.
  • Greenman019
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 13
    Good luck and welcome back man.

Great first game against top quality opposition :)
  • Wyojasond
    7727 posts League Winner
    Good luck. Look forward to following along.
  • ramawolf
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 14
    Go Villarreal!
  • welch97
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Good luck with this
  • subpop
    milan_7 wrote: »
    Good luck, great first result in pre-season. Good signing in Kepa Arrizabalaga, his distribution has been great for me in my save.

Thank you!

Yes. Definitely a great opportunity, a goalie with great potential. Now I have doubts about what to do with Asenjo, because he's a very good goalie too. I would sell him, but only for a good price... having both keepers would be a problem.
    Good luck and welcome back man.

Great first game against top quality opposition :)
    Good luck. Look forward to following along.
    ramawolf wrote: »
    Go Villarreal!
    welch97 wrote: »
    Good luck with this

Thank you guys!
  • subpop
    edited October 14
    fNkP5xD.png

Jordi Gilabert: "We can't throw away a match as we did today... I prefer to focus in the positive aspects and we played 70 brilliant minutes, but we'll have to learn a lot from the remaining 20".

uoANGBo.png

Jordi Gilabert: "Nothing worked for us today... We never felt comfortable. Still the result doesn't reflect the reality of the game, the two late goals were too harsh for us, but we must improve our defense.

YEXmowO.png

jALWD7U.png
  • Wyojasond
    7727 posts League Winner
    Love the look of the scoreboards and graphics so far. Very clean B)
  • JoshDFC
    745 posts An Exciting Prospect
    unlucky to be eliminated in the group what happened in the Sporting game you seem to fall apart
  • subpop
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    unlucky to be eliminated in the group what happened in the Sporting game you seem to fall apart

I don't really know... they just started to pressure up after the 3-1. We lost every single damn ball in dangerous positions until they scored the last goal. It's the first time I've lost in such a terrible way.
  • subpop
    edited October 15
    AZQqkIv.png
    ftDLaql.png

Jordi Gilabert (Villarreal): "I have to say sorry to our fans. We failed in every single aspect. We were out of the match since the first minute and they were superior in defense and attack. In the second half, we improved, but the 3-0 was a heavy weight to carry. We hope to close deals in the following weeks... we need reinforcements in some areas”
  • subpop
    2IdMBZF.png
  • Wyojasond
    7727 posts League Winner
    Great signing. Really like Sanabria and you got him for a great price.
  • Ashy
    7492 posts League Winner
    Welcome back mate and good start and graphics look great. I remember signing Sanabria a couple of years ago, great potential and can be very clinical!
  • subpop
    edited October 16
    Great signing. Really like Sanabria and you got him for a great price.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Welcome back mate and good start and graphics look great. I remember signing Sanabria a couple of years ago, great potential and can be very clinical!

@Wyojasond . I am very happy with this deal. Once we sold Bakambu to Chelsea, we wanted to focus on a young striker with potential. Still not in Bakambu's level, but we hope he can be there soon.

@Ashy. Thanx mate. As I said we desespately needed someone in attack. We also have Bacca, but he is on loan and he will not make the difference.

Let's see if I can close the squad soon. We have depth problems in midfield and defense... and we are short of wingers too.

The 3-0 was shocking. Terrible defense and umefficient attack. Too much useless possession.
  • Chow
    2500 posts Community Writer
    Graphics are looking top notch! All the best with this one, Villarreal have some great fans, I remember them singing You'll Never Walk Alone in tribute to the 96 as the players walked out during the Europa League semi against Liverpool back in April.
  • JoshDFC
    745 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fantastic signing in Sanabria hopefully he can help fill the gap left by Bakambu
  • Greenman019
    Pretty good replacement I think.
  • subpop
    Chow wrote: »
    Graphics are looking top notch! All the best with this one, Villarreal have some great fans, I remember them singing You'll Never Walk Alone in tribute to the 96 as the players walked out during the Europa League semi against Liverpool back in April.

Thank you very much.

Definitely Villarreal have great fans, very nice and friendly with visitors. They had some hooligans years ago and they were kicked out of the stadium. They've always been a small club, but since Roig took the presidency, they've grown a lot to become a reference in Spanish football.

Brilliant youth academy, which keeps growing. It's not a club that grew thanks to some foreign bored Russian or Qatari. I admire what they've done.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Fantastic signing in Sanabria hopefully he can help fill the gap left by Bakambu
    Pretty good replacement I think.

Not sure that it'll happen since day one, but hopefully it will in not much time.

• subpop
    edited October 17
    eZ0IAbI.png

Despite the short result, we saw a great match between two teams that will probably end up fighting for European spots. Villarreal was superior since the very beginning, dominating ball possession, having the best chances.

Gilabert made some changes in his lineup. Leaving the new signings Kepa Arrizabalaga and Bacca on the bench, with Sanabria making his debut with his new club. Bruno and Trigueros commanded the midfield to lead the team to a victory when the first half was dying. Sanabria couldn't score in his debut,
    but assisted Trigueros in the only goal of the game.

Jordi Gilabert: "Today we were closer to our idea of football. I think we dominated every single aspect of the game and we can feel proud of what we did today. Now we hope to close the squad soon to face the season with calm".
  • subpop
    edited October 17
    n2nPfUr.png

MJZ5P2G.png

lgnzH5N.png

8dtNKBW.png

• subpop
    pmttbt9.png
  • milan_7
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wow those are some crazy signings, Rashford in particular with what is really a great fee. Hakimi also now starting for RM right now and youve got him for peanuts!
  • Wyojasond
    7727 posts League Winner
    Wow! Gonna be a completely different team. Should be fun to see how they all mesh. Can't believe you got Rashford for that price.
  • Greenman019
    Rashford is a great deal. Good price too.
  • ramawolf
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    so many transfers omg
  • Ashy
    7492 posts League Winner
    Completely changes the team there so many transfers, Rashford is crazy good so interesting to see how his goal tally compares to Ronaldo and Messi and so on
  • subpop
    milan_7 wrote: »
    Wow those are some crazy signings, Rashford in particular with what is really a great fee. Hakimi also now starting for RM right now and youve got him for peanuts!

Yes. I am very happy with the transfer window. In fact, Rashford and Carlos Soler were an opportunity that appeared when Athletic Club paid Samu Castillejo's buyout clause.

Hakimi was also a good opportunity at this price.
    Wow! Gonna be a completely different team. Should be fun to see how they all mesh. Can't believe you got Rashford for that price.

The price was great... it was a fantastic opportunity and I had fresh money. However, his wages are crazy for my budget and I had to admit a buyout clause (70 million euros).

I don't know if I'll have the opportunity to keep him for all his contract, but he's a great addition to the team.

Now I have to figure out which is the best system for the team. Attack looks good, but I don't have much depth in midfield and defense for three competitions.
    Rashford is a great deal. Good price too.
    ramawolf wrote: »
    so many transfers omg
    Ashy wrote: »
    Completely changes the team there so many transfers, Rashford is crazy good so interesting to see how his goal tally compares to Ronaldo and Messi and so on

Initially the idea is to play a 4-3-3 and make Rashford play as winger. I hope he gives us the goals we need. I am quite satisfied with my attacking line... not that much with defense though.