• WTFsmirky08
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero
    Eh ?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    4201 posts National Call-Up
    Cool story
  • Mini_Miudo
    4725 posts National Call-Up
    I'm in the 5th year of my engineering course... and I don't know how. I know nothing. :joy:
  • Adrian095
    30647 posts National Team Captain
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    I'm in the 5th year of my engineering course... and I don't know how. I know nothing. :joy:

Retakes? :D
  • Zv1k0
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    2 exams left. Wasnt that bad. B)
  • Abdulhamed
    2636 posts Fans' Favourite

4th Year atm but 5th year is for sure :D
  • Kingchavez_152
    682 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bruh lol I have the worst calc 3 professor ever.
    Everyone failed the first exam to pass the clas with a C you need a damn 45% for an A you need a 75%
  • Mini_Miudo

Not only retakes, but that too. Kinda just learn how to take the exams by studying past exams and potential questions, etc. but don't really learn what I'm supposed to. :lol:
  • Abdulhamed
    Everyone failed the first exam to pass the clas with a C you need a damn 45% for an A you need a 75%

Bro that's the good part of Engineering ... when your done with those classes and start taking Major classes, ur sleep schedule is gonna change :D
  • paul24878306
    3779 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 12
    You dont expect to actually know anything after a course do you??? You dont actually get to know anything until youve been doing the job for a while.

All the theoretical stuff and ideal world builds you do ... mean jack in the real world.
  • Abdulhamed
    You dont expect to actually know anything after a course do you??? You dont actually get to know anything until youve been doing the job for a while.

That's True i have took a lot of classes at this point, can say i'm 75% done, i have gotten an internship before, used 1-2% of what i learned :D
  • Kingchavez_152
    Abdulhamed wrote: »

Bro that's the good part of Engineering ... when your done with those classes and start taking Major classes, ur sleep schedule is gonna change :D

Yeah lol currently my sleep schedule is decent first class starts at 10:30 most days except today it starts at 7:30. Gunna skip my coding lab to finish my calc 3 homework because I work today. I’m computer engineering so I am currently taking

Data abstractions
    Digital design
    Calc 3
    Physics 2
  • Abdulhamed

Yeah lol currently my sleep schedule is decent first class starts at 10:30 most days except today it starts at 7:30. Gunna skip my coding lab to finish my calc 3 homework because I work today. I’m computer engineering so I am currently taking

Data abstractions
    Digital design
    Calc 3
    Physics 2

Physics 2 is **** :D

i'm currently taking :

Fluids of Mechanics
    Statistics and probability
    Constructions Planning
    Transportation Engineering

= Rip
  • Kingchavez_152
    What type of engineer are you?
  • Adrian095

Not only retakes, but that too. Kinda just learn how to take the exams by studying past exams and potential questions, etc. but don't really learn what I'm supposed to. :lol:

I see what you mean :D
  • Adrian095
    Fluids is difficult fml :( :D
  • Abdulhamed

Civil
  • Abdulhamed
    Fluids is difficult fml :( :D

It's so time consuming :s
  • TRADING2CR9
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    You know absolutely nothing. Forget the term engineer. You're not an engineer. You're an engineer on paper not in the real world. It takes a good 10 years to even get to say you're an engineer and even then you're still green.
  • JamieT96
    1442 posts Professional
    You know absolutely nothing. Forget the term engineer. You're not an engineer. You're an engineer on paper not in the real world. It takes a good 10 years to even get to say you're an engineer and even then you're still green.

Looks like someone's hit a nerve.
  • Kingchavez_152
    JamieT96 wrote: »

• Abdulhamed

• TRADING2CR9
    edited October 12

You don't understand the amount of grads who come and say they are this and that. When in reality they can't even use a spanner. Are qualified to do so though on paper. It's disgusting how they get through. I know some lads who aren't all that up there but are great at solving issues mechanically and electrically. They get turned down. It's completely wrong.
  • sounders3
    3249 posts National Call-Up

• WTFsmirky08
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero

Civil

Civil engineer ?

Ahh ok, sorry to hear that
  • WTFsmirky08
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero

You don't understand the amount of grads who come and say they are this and that. When in reality they can't even use a spanner. Are qualified to do so though on paper. It's disgusting how they get through. I know some lads who aren't all that up there but are great at solving issues mechanically and electrically. They get turned down. It's completely wrong.

Whats your degree in ?
  • Azablucky
    3745 posts National Call-Up

Alright pal. Calm down. Yeah experience is good and that's why going on a placement year is extremely beneficial. But in order to get there it's not like you're brain dead. What do you do by the way?
  • JamieT96
    1442 posts Professional

Whats your degree in ?

Definitely doesn't have one. Probably why he's so bitter.
  • Mini_Miudo

That's not how it works. You get the "engineer" title by completing an engineering course. If you're not as good as people who aren't engineers (which I do agree is the case with most people because practical experience is vital) is a different matter.
  • TRADING2CR9
    edited October 12
    Azablucky wrote: »

Alright pal. Calm down. Yeah experience is good and that's why going on a placement year is extremely beneficial. But in order to get there it's not like you're brain dead. What do you do by the way?

I'm a lift engineer for Otis. I'm their technician for the London branch. Don't have a degree but have a level 4 lift engineering certificate. I'm more competent than those with loads of certificates who think they know it all, give them a van and send them out on a job and next thing I know they are calling office up because they can't fault find correctly. It's really irritating because I'm 90% of the time asked to go to site and help them even though I already have a job going on. Have to drop all my tools to help a fool who walks through with a degree in engineering and in reality know F all.