How did you do in Squad Battles...

Comments

• CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    1513330657668.jpg

Okayish set today. Didn’t get 10 corners on all games, average of 2.8k was a must tbh.
  • Kevin
    1134 posts Professional
    I don't know why but the CPU always need to score 1 goal against me, even when its 4 or 5-0.
  • M_Baller_15
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Destroyed by the 74 rated team. So which of the 82, 84 or 86 rated teams will I crush this 4 game set? Lame eaids.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    tzinc wrote: »
    yes they changed sb recently making ai faster and more cheater prone than ever

yes mine kicked in thursday.
    happened after a game where i scored and the game froze....

had to re start up the game.
    no message to say i disconnected etc etc.
    just showed a 3 nil loss....

their code is donald ducked.
  • bjornheisenberg
    wasnt that active in the market last week....i have a theory.

if you havent bought loads of packs or traded a lot earnign them tax you dont warrant advantaged gameplay.
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro

if you havent bought loads of packs or traded a lot earnign them tax you dont warrant advantaged gameplay.

Yeah that must be it, mate. My 2 year old cousin has traded every day for the past 10 days and has been trouncing ultimate 7-0 every game.
  • I started off really well this week, my last 16 games my team has struggled. Gone from scoring a lot to barely scoring as the AI is making crazy save and blocks galore. At the other end my goalkeeper has become a sieve, defenders always out of position, with any tackles made returning straight to the AI. Multiple times now Ive conceded straight from kick off as the AI just keeps the ball.
    It shouldnt be the team, I took the exact same team into an online single match for the Carroll objective and outplayed a very good player.
    Just going to give up this week and hopefully finish elite 3 but right now dont care
  • Tonywattzeefuik
    1136 posts Professional
    So im sitting inside the top 50 get round to my last game and get the there has been a error message in the 90th minute in my game so f***ing done with this game
  • Moy
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Haven’t really bothered this week, might hit Silver one if I feel like playing
  • Barry Allannnn
    697 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What do you need for elite 3 normally? Not played this week wondering if it’s posdible from the remaining games.
  • Nivaze
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    How many poins do you get when winning 5-0 or 5-1 on Ultimate?

I smash Legendary easily sometimes with double figures but somehow I always concede but I want to make top 100 for once.
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Nivaze wrote: »

I smash Legendary easily sometimes with double figures but somehow I always concede but I want to make top 100 for once.

3200-3450 if you get perfect runs on Ultimate

You can easily get T100 playing only legendary though.
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    What do you need for elite 3 normally? Not played this week wondering if it’s posdible from the remaining games.

46k to be safe based on the last 5 weeks
  • bjornheisenberg
    3NG wrote: »

Yeah that must be it, mate. My 2 year old cousin has traded every day for the past 10 days and has been trouncing ultimate 7-0 every game.

ive seen your team....i think youve paid enough tax for the duration of fifa ....
  • Nivaze
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nivaze wrote: »

3200-3450 if you get perfect runs on Ultimate

You can easily get T100 playing only legendary though.

I always keep attacking once I’m 5-0 then concede a **** goal which is costing me alot of points. Should just get my 5 goals, 10 shots and corners and pass it around.

You play your games on Legendary?
  • bjornheisenberg
    also with that side you have its no wonder your top 100.....im sure i would be challenging for top 10 with it...and without playing meta
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro

ive seen your team....i think youve paid enough tax for the duration of fifa ....

Oh so there's a certain amount of tax you need to pay and then EA let you play the game without any disadvantages? Cool, I guess EA have made an exception and they like me seeing as 7/11 of my players are untradeable, so no tax has ever been deducted for them, and 2 of the other players I bought and have never sold so I paid no tax on them either.
  • shamheff1989
    2428 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hit Gold 2 and left it at that like usual. Packs will give a few players for SBCs and that'll do me.
  • bjornheisenberg
    so what do you think they do to make gameplay change so dramatically?

some games i will batter and score forfun.

other games i will batter and its miracle after miracle incident.

other games they pass with very swift precision and finish off with an unstopable....and its all game.

a team like yours may pass the line where the ai wont be able to compete.

but why the change in gameplay for us mere mortals.

btw putting players into sbcs might be one of the criteria.........?
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    I got top 100 with a team where no player cost more than 2k in their position so, no, it's nothing to do with the team.

There is no "criteria" the whole game, whether that's champs or SB, is all about adapting your play to your opponent if you're getting outplayed or can't create anything/control the game. Do you even try changing your play style? It sounds like you try to do the same thing over and over and then complain when something works one game but doesn't the next because "EA are messing with your account" and it's nothing to do with not playing the same people/teams.

Can I ask why you play the game if you think the game is against you and there's nothing you can do about it?
  • bjornheisenberg
    i do change stuff...last time i did it the game crashed after i scored...
    i mix up the play a lot...im not what youd call a meta player.

its not just about creating stuff...i get the odd one like that where no matter what i do they always cut out the final ball or get a block in when they had no right etc.

what gets me is they can get a few games with a lot of spells of rapid quick keep ball aroud the edge fo your box...the one that cuteiswhatiaimedfor mentions.

can do fk all but drag numbers back and crowd out the final ball....that works a bit but then theres the times no matter what you do its gonna be a goal...........

this doesnt count the goals where they stick 2 unreal passes tgther and crack one in from outside the box first time...before youve blinked lol.

when you had a cheap side i take it was at the start of SB?

id have thought before posting that int he context of this conversation.
    because the argument will go round and round in circles...i think even you know the teams early doors were weaker?

there has to be something ea are doing to dramatically change the gameplay.....
  • bjornheisenberg
    i play the game because i paid for it...you fancy giving me a re fund?
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    5583 posts Big Money Move
    When you select your difficulty it already suggests that the sliders are being adjusted so we already know that is definitely happening to keep the AI competitive but who knows if it changes mid game but it definitely feels like it does sometimes
  • bjornheisenberg
    they had an issue before the last patch where sliders for someone were 128....makes you wonder what else is ****** in the game?
    players have stats but what if they apply a system to them too without teling anyone?

ea are so not transparent its unreal.

its quite possible they have lost control of their code...
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    That happens to me when I'm using my current team as well, the spells where they have 100MPH accurate passes that end in an unstoppable goal, not every game but once or twice a week. That's the difference in AI, beginner won't do that at all but they need to differentiate the tiers somehow. There's only so much they can do in the ball playing aspect without making the AI an excellent defensive unit that you can't by and an attacking force that you can't tackle. I'd rather have the odd unstoppable goal than the whole game be unbearable to play

Like I said, the unstoppable goals on happen once or twice a week for me, the quick passing where you can "feel" a goal happens a lot but once you learn to defend it (comes back to adjusting your play style and practicing) then you'll be a lot calmer and more educated on how to stop it. Most of the time if I feel like there's nothing I can do I'll just foul them as it resets the AI

The trick, that I assume everyone knew, is to set your team pressure to a low number and play defensive (not ultra D) so your back line stays really far back as 90% of AI goals come from a through ball, playing like that allows little, to no, through balls.

No, the cheap side was 3 weeks ago as someone had the same idea as you and thought I only got top 100 because of my team so I used the cheap team to prove to them, and myself, that it wasn't the team that mattered
  • bjornheisenberg
    I'll just foul them as it resets the AI

i will try that....but what i feel when i do is they start punishing me with stuff like turning on the ball.
    today was nightmare till the 3rd set of games..skipped the first set as im only interested in e3.

the one thing they do seem to do is get the ball wide on those occasions when they are gonna score....i get players back etc

what controller are you using?
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    I never try to tackle them with a player who is behind the ball, always bring a player back. Think of it as the AI playing the AI (as it is, you're just controlling one player most of the time). I'm guilty of holding contain sometimes but it just hurts me most of the time. Most of the it's just the AI passing the ball to me via a failed through ball or I just intercept a pass.

I'm not sure what you mean so I'll answer all ways.

I just use a standard PS4 controller, out of the box.

As for controls, I use the standard controls but I switch L1/R1 for L2/R2 and I only switched to playstation this year and this feels more comfortable for me

If you're talking about what defending I'm using, I used the legacy defending at first whilst I learned how to play against the AI but I switched to tactical defending a few weeks back as it was having an effect on my WL games and I'm playing even better now because I learned with tactical defending first

• Kevin
    1134 posts Professional
    Squad battles used to be fun, now its the CPU who does high pressure shielding after every pass they do, scoring on every attempt and making wondersaves, I now prefer playing an actual human instead of the cheating CPU.
  • bjornheisenberg
    Interesting button switch....

i asked coz i thought you might be using a nacon or other model.
  • v4vendetta1978
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    Every weekend I miss the 12pm update and get up after 8am if you have finished all your set then there should be auto update