1539 posts Play-Off Hero
    Elite 1 - Adil Rami highest rated player
  • bgp1845
    1753 posts Play-Off Hero
    silver 1 for playing 1 game.
    two 5k packs.
    got sane.
    B)

do you have to open reward packs within a week or can you save them?
    would def be worth saving in the lead up to TOTS for a couple months.
  • Jason1986
    5652 posts Big Money Move
    bgp1845 wrote: »
    silver 1 for playing 1 game.
    two 5k packs.
    got sane.
    B)

do you have to open reward packs within a week or can you save them?
    would def be worth saving in the lead up to TOTS for a couple months.
    Jammy pull out of those rewards :lol:

I'm assuming you can save them just like a lot of people did last year for TOTY.
  • Zv1k0
    1428 posts Professional
    Elite 3. Quite surprised cause i had really slow start losing a lot of games. Now i figured out AI a bit and there i say it, i might go for top 100. Hopefully.
  • gregeth2000
    2587 posts Fans' Favourite
    Elite 2 and managed Koscielny and Marchisio in the packs. I have a feeling when the online WL starts next weekend, not as many people will be pumping their weekend into squad battles, will be interesting to see what the points requirements finish at when its running alongside online WL
  • Jason1986
    Elite 2 and managed Koscielny and Marchisio in the packs. I have a feeling when the online WL starts next weekend, not as many people will be pumping their weekend into squad battles, will be interesting to see what the points requirements finish at when its running alongside online WL
    That's a good point you make. Playing WL and SB at the weekend would be around 64 matches right? That's almost a whole 20 hours worth of games.

I'm struggling with qualifying for the weekend league so having Squad Battles there as a back up will be great!
  • gregeth2000
    2587 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    That's a good point you make. Playing WL and SB at the weekend would be around 64 matches right? That's almost a whole 20 hours worth of games.

I'm struggling with qualifying for the weekend league so having Squad Battles there as a back up will be great!

Yep exactly, I struggled getting 40 games in let alone 64, but at least for people who do not qualify for WL or dont get time to qualify, they have squad battles to play. the next few weeks should give a good indicator of the split between the two
  • Gers2004
    1103 posts Professional

Suprised that you'd struggle to qualify mate. When I played you you were more than good enough to get in. i can't get on at weekends so it's good as SB means I can at least try get something during the week

• paul24878306
    4232 posts National Call-Up
    gold 1. only got the game friday though, and didnt play battles until sat evening.

• kayron16
    974 posts An Exciting Prospect

I think the points requirements will actually increase. The amount dropping out to play wl could well be a lot less compared to the amount now able to play for the entire week (as opposed to last week where majority got access on Friday).
  • YaaDon
    1425 posts Professional
    E1 got a quick sell IF , **** luck for me not suprised :cry:
  • Foldsea
    809 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Jason1986
    I only managed to qualify twice last year to WL
    I got eLite 3 playing most of the games on semi pro.
    Wich level do you manage to beat in squad battle
  • Gold 2 and the best player was Gaya :unamused:
  • Waspy
    2321 posts Fans' Favourite
    gold 2.....

Pulled Alderwierald and Boateng in same pack and Kompany in the other... trifecta of full backs!!
  • Waspy
    2321 posts Fans' Favourite
    can't be just me that's noticed that the game play is different at the moment though.....

Was beating World Class by 2-3 goals clear. Cant even beat Professional now!! WTF is going on!?
  • Jason1986
    Gers2004 wrote: »

Suprised that you'd struggle to qualify mate. When I played you you were more than good enough to get in. i can't get on at weekends so it's good as SB means I can at least try get something during the week
    I'm really struggling with the defending, think I've kept one clean sheet online so far! It feels like I need to be controlling three defenders at a time to have any chance of stopping my opponent haha.
    Foldsea wrote: »
    @Jason1986
    I only managed to qualify twice last year to WL
    I got eLite 3 playing most of the games on semi pro.
    Wich level do you manage to beat in squad battle
    I was playing world class, think I even lost 2 or 3 games somehow, but mostly winning by three or four goals quite comfortably.
  • Gers2004
    1103 posts Professional
    @Jason1986 the keeping a clean sheet is doingmy head in aswell mate. Regardless of level they always sneak one past haha
  • Choppers925
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    To be honest I wasn't paying attention to the awards before Sunday, so I was experimenting a lot, you know like using a full bronze team against Pele and Maradona et al, lol. Once I realized that everything counted I got bumped from Elite 3 to Gold 1 in the last hour. Packed nothing good of course anyway :)

I love the idea of this!! Last year I finally qualified for the weekend league in April, then held automatic qualifying for three weeks in a row. After that I just quit, I just can't devote that amount of time to a video game each weekend. With the squad battles you can take your sweet time with them and play throughout the week.

Mind you, I couldn't hit a Cow's A*se with a banjo!! https://twitter.com/mm_sbc/status/914867607509045248
  • BO0OM
    2111 posts Fans' Favourite
    To the top 100 guys i win against legendary but i only win 1 out of 3 in ultimate.. do you think you can get top 100 if you win every game on legendary?
  • ManLikeDele20
    227 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Elite 1, packed neuer in the first mega pack.
  • wade_7_
    2431 posts Fans' Favourite
    Silver 1. Not 1 rare player. Not gonna complain cos I'm still experimenting with my team, and still not been arsed to find out the whole ins and outs of squad battles :D
  • AEsey
    2486 posts Fans' Favourite
    Elite 1
    Rewards weren't the best but ill take the 40k
  • Fozberry
    242 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gold 2, got Asensio and Sane so looking at what others got I'm pretty happy with that!
  • tilen11
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    Elite 3. Pulled Willian, Bellerin, Bakayoko, Musa and Rooney. 110k very satisfied
  • Acker
    784 posts Moderator
    Elite 3 absolutely love the mode
  • MaxxyMousse
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2017
    Squad Battles is fun. Best and easiest way to build a super team. Once you figure out AI it is super easy to beat the legendary difficulty level. This mode is absolutely the non-spender’s dream.
  • Phife_Dawg
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gold 1
    got rooney
  • Chown_LC
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    I find scoring against AI easy, i just struggle to defend, any tips?
  • BO0OM
    2111 posts Fans' Favourite
    Guys is my chance gone to play the presented team?!
  • MaxxyMousse
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Chown_LC wrote: »
    I find scoring against AI easy, i just struggle to defend, any tips?

Be patient. Do not rush to tackle. Play a contain game. That works for me so far.