Day 5 of the World Cup - What are your predictions? Let us know here.

Player editing stuff that needs to be fixed

This first problem has been going on since FIFA 11, in the player edit menus - you still can't make a player a CM, RW,LW, LWB or RWB. You could in FIFA 11 and earlier, why take it out, put it back in EA.

But most significantly you can't actually edit a player in the game who is born in 1999 or later without them aging to their 50's, it's ridiculous. For example I wanted to actually be able to use Reiss Nelson in my Arsenal career mode so I increased his useless 35 STAMINA up to 65 so he can actually play more than 60 minutes without collapsing, and he became 57 years old and retires the season after. It was also like this in FIFA 17 and I have no idea why this hasn't been fixed by EA, and I haven't seen anyone bring this up.

It's not like it's hard to make these changes.

Anyone agree???

Comments

• ElDiabl0
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Huge +1 from me here. Very frustrating!

One way of fixing the position thing is to include an option similar to the training addition last year, but for position changes. You want your CAM to become a RW? Then train them 3 times and it's added to their possible positions. Train them there for 6 times and it's their primary position. Would also be useful when you're elbow deep into a career mode but the player in real life has been moved to a different position, so you want to reflect it in your favourite football simulator. Would be a very welcome addition.
  • James89
    19 posts Ball Boy
    This first problem has been going on since FIFA 11, in the player edit menus - you still can't make a player a CM, RW,LW, LWB or RWB. You could in FIFA 11 and earlier, why take it out, put it back in EA.

But most significantly you can't actually edit a player in the game who is born in 1999 or later without them aging to their 50's, it's ridiculous. For example I wanted to actually be able to use Reiss Nelson in my Arsenal career mode so I increased his useless 35 STAMINA up to 65 so he can actually play more than 60 minutes without collapsing, and he became 57 years old and retires the season after. It was also like this in FIFA 17 and I have no idea why this hasn't been fixed by EA, and I haven't seen anyone bring this up.

Anyone agree???

Agree this is so annoying, 1 of many problems that carry over from year to year
  • Yes! Why can't we edit a player to be just a regular old CM?! We can only make CAMs or CDMs. Smh. This REALLY needs to be patched!
  • Fabrizio Orsi
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Also, you can’t edit players’ numbers when managing a National Team
  • Posted about this twice already and still no response.
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    thats funny.. retires next season lol
  • I agree. I'll add more detail.

Created forward players assigned the center role is always a striker (ST). The option to also create center forwards (CF).

Created forward players assigned the right or left roles are always abbreviated RF/LF. The option to also create RW/LW/s.

Created central midfield players are either central attacking midfielders (CAM) or central defensive midfielders (CDM). The option to also create central midfielders (CM).

Created fullback players are only RB/LB's. The option to also create wingbacks (RWB/LWB).

Created players can only be one position. Allow the option to add at most three additional positions a player can play (ST/LW/RW/CAM, etc).

Created players only have medium/medium work rates. The option to permanently select work rates.

Created players always have a default 50 for the composure attribute. The option to create/edit the composure attribute.

I'm aware that none of this has an effect on how the game is played since I can play any player anywhere regardless of his position, it just annoys me that some players are say a CM/CDM/RB and I can only create a player to be one position.

--

Most of these issues apply to Be A Pro as well. It'd be nice if I can be a CAM but say for example work to add ST and RM to my resume and have the coach select me a few times for the roles in games.
  • Bump. This should be an easy fix
  • 7_Slaven
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2017
    We also need to be able to specify a created player's potential as, currently, they are automatically given a 91+ potential (potential to be special).

I should be able to create average academy players who aren't ever going to become the next Messi or Ronaldo.
    Post edited by 7_Slaven on
  • N4p0l3onic
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So basically in 2017 fifa still has y2k bug, roflmao.
  • Bump
  • Something else that irks me is sometimes own goals are given when it shouldn’t have been. It was a deflection but ruled an own goal. Also, sometimes assists aren’t always given. My team can score three goals, all of which were properly assisted, but only one of my players was awarded an assist.

EA should clean this up or give us the option to review and overturn questionable goals. This can probably lead to stat padding but I just hate when I perform well strung together passes that leads to a great goal and the player whom made the final pass isn’t given the assist.
  • Bump
  • m7amad3m
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    traydamus wrote: »
    I agree. I'll add more detail.

Created forward players assigned the center role is always a striker (ST). The option to also create center forwards (CF).

Created forward players assigned the right or left roles are always abbreviated RF/LF. The option to also create RW/LW/s.

Created central midfield players are either central attacking midfielders (CAM) or central defensive midfielders (CDM). The option to also create central midfielders (CM).

Created fullback players are only RB/LB's. The option to also create wingbacks (RWB/LWB).

Created players can only be one position. Allow the option to add at most three additional positions a player can play (ST/LW/RW/CAM, etc).

Created players only have medium/medium work rates. The option to permanently select work rates.

Created players always have a default 50 for the composure attribute. The option to create/edit the composure attribute.

I'm aware that none of this has an effect on how the game is played since I can play any player anywhere regardless of his position, it just annoys me that some players are say a CM/CDM/RB and I can only create a player to be one position.

--

Most of these issues apply to Be A Pro as well. It'd be nice if I can be a CAM but say for example work to add ST and RM to my resume and have the coach select me a few times for the roles in games.

Created players skill moves can only be edited through the medium of dribbling and ball control
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • SuperSwansea
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 13

SuperSwansea: THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE LISTEN, IF U WANT TO BE A WINGER GO TO MIDFIELD, AND CHANGE THE PLAYING STYLE, This also works if u want to be a Wing back, I don’t know about CM tho. I almost forgot, u have to change let’s say to the LM role if u want to be a LW then change the playing style to “winger”
  • ^^^^ do what that says
  • What i said above me works btw