Icon Price/Review/Discussion

Comments

• Estaban
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    Is there a combination of two players you would sell R94 for? Right now it’s not looking likely.
    3NG wrote: »
    Estaban wrote: »
    You have him or tried him right? Never tried the Dinho 91. Didn’t care for the 89

94 R9 = best player in game

91 Dinho = 3rd best player in game

90 R9 = not top 10

IMO

• Afhald
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    Prime Del Piero is such a beast, can't believe I didn't get him earlier. 30 games, 42 goals and 25 assist as a CAM in 4231, all online. 87 Crespo also very good, 39 goals and 31 assist in 30 games.

I found the 90 version even better.
  • ha032742
    31546 posts Moderator
    3NG wrote: »
    Estaban wrote: »
    You have him or tried him right? Never tried the Dinho 91. Didn’t care for the 89

94 R9 = best player in game

91 Dinho = 3rd best player in game

90 R9 = not top 10

IMO

Agree with 1 and 3 but I’d put Dinho maybe 4th?
  • Thanks mate @Xpglobe

And @ha032742 it’s about time i joined the pack pulled icon club (not counting t100 monthly lol)
  • Yea R94, CR7 and Gullit are ahead of Dinho
  • ha032742
    31546 posts Moderator
    Gary3022 wrote: »
    Yea R94, CR7 and Gullit are ahead of Dinho

Agreed B)
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Let's not number them, let's just say they're top 4
  • M@nt!c
    2764 posts National Call-Up

Nif cr7 better than 91 Dinho?
  • Gary3022 wrote: »

Nif cr7 better than 91 Dinho?

He’s more of a game changer than 91 Dinho and for way less coins
  • miri
    2107 posts Fans' Favourite
    jakobpedro wrote: »
    miri wrote: »
    What do people think about MVB (either)? I'm considering changing Kluivert and it's pretty much a straight swap cost wise.

Only used him in draft a few times but didn't find him anything special at all. 85/87 Crespo and 86/88 Kluivert all felt miles better. I really wanted to like him, but sadly I think his agility really lets him down - he turns like a tank.
    MVB 89 has 87 agility, 91 has 80 agility. Both Kluivert versions have less than 80. 87 Crespo and 89 MVB has the same agility stat.

Sorry, meant balance. :)
  • Rob82K
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    R94 long shoot and pass? Probably i could sell pele95 i am very happy with to try this r94 hyped as the best player of the game, point is my pele often goes behind to take the ball and do assist, moreover i use finesse shot from everywhere, not sure i can do that with r94 but i m really really curious coz every pro has hin has well. Thanks

Ps is there a way to try him? Had some drafts but in no case got him.
  • number7rocky
    1950 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just did Schmeichel SBC ( With intent to use in a future prime SBC) for 255k after packs. Pretty chuffed with that. Used 3 packed discard IF's. Untradable Gundugan and Carrasco and a decent amount of low rated players in club already.

Packed Cavani and Marcelo back to back from the 84 and 85 rated squad. Sold Marcelo for 37k then used Cavani in the final 86 rated squad.

Could of saved an extra 30k using a red 87 isco but I was already happy with what I'd paid so will save for Prime SBC along with 88 red Iniesta :blush:
  • number7rocky
    1950 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017
    Oh and sold the Fresh 89 Blanc I got yesterday for 860k for 985k :joy: Wanted to try him but couldn't resist the profit. Nice 75k profit after tax. Lucky couple days after packing my first icon 88 Carlos yesterday after winning draft. :smile:
  • ha032742
    31546 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Prices of the top end ones are really low currently :+1:
  • Ballist1x
    1553 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some baby icons are really cheap.now are they expected to continue to drop?
  • Yokiboy
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bit off topic but some of these legends I can't see myself ever using. Overmars looks part garden gnome part sex offender and Owen looks like a 7 year old who's still breast fed.

I don't know why but I just think they look tragic. I hope we get some new ones other than the confirmed ones haha.
  • 86-90 NIFs are at their lowest they’ve been in a while. Probably worth picking up before the icon hype during the week
  • torakun
    789 posts Semi-Pro
    86-90 NIFs are at their lowest they’ve been in a while. Probably worth picking up before the icon hype during the week

I totally would if someone would just buy my 90 gullit.. Listed at reasonable price too.. At 100k lost.. Haha
  • Mc
    2925 posts National Call-Up
    86-90 NIFs are at their lowest they’ve been in a while. Probably worth picking up before the icon hype during the week

Yeah I think it’s wise to pick a whole set up to have ready in case thursdays SBC is a top one. May also pick up a few cheap icons.
  • Denisianes
    7986 posts League Winner
    Mc wrote: »

Yeah I think it’s wise to pick a whole set up to have ready in case thursdays SBC is a top one. May also pick up a few cheap icons.

I've bought 3-4 of the cheapest Icons just in case. Almost-fat Ronaldo is coming next week, I can feel it.
  • Mc
    Denisianes wrote: »

I've bought 3-4 of the cheapest Icons just in case. Almost-fat Ronaldo is coming next week, I can feel it.

Which ones mate?
  • Denisianes
    7986 posts League Winner

Which ones mate?

Yashin, Petit, Zanetti, Pires. Using some of them anyway.
  • Thedudeabides
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017

Which ones mate?

I've picked up ones that link

Bonucci-Buffon
    Godin-oblak
    and some veratti, D silva, iniesta

They seem to be the cheapest for their rating at the mo.

Also holding some screams

Try and snipe the icons, people undercut by a lot sometimes and you can pick them up for 30-40k underprice.
  • ha032742
    31546 posts Moderator
    Prices are dropping a lot still :#

I cut and ran yesterday whilst raking in a profit on every card and now just looking out for any bargain icons.
  • SimmoEFC
    11283 posts Has That Special Something
    Does Prime Del Piero's balance hinder his performance?

Need a central CAM behind prime Henry, was thinking of doing him if prime Bergkamp isn't released next week.
  • Bozza88
    1972 posts Fans' Favourite
    SimmoEFC wrote: »
    Does Prime Del Piero's balance hinder his performance?

Need a central CAM behind prime Henry, was thinking of doing him if prime Bergkamp isn't released next week.

He's majestic
  • ha032742
    31546 posts Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Market is good for buyers at the moment. 90 Gullit has dropped 400k in a few days...saw one go for 3.6m on BIN earlier. R94 went for 5.75m during panic selling yesterday and another fresh one went for 6m today on bids whereas previously people were shelling out 6.5m+.

Probably too late to sell up if you have the high end ones and you’re worried about coins unless you got them for bargain prices but we may see an upturn once people start spending their Christmas money. Other scenario is everyone is twitchy about TOTY straight after FUTmas so the market stagnates and prices drop further :#
  • Mc
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Market is good for buyers at the moment. 90 Gullit has dropped 400k in a few days...saw one go for 3.6m on BIN earlier. R94 went for 5.75m during panic selling yesterday and another fresh one went for 6m today on bids whereas previously people were shelling out 6.5m+.

Probably too late to sell up if you have the high end ones and you’re worried about coins unless you got them for bargain prices but we may see an upturn once people start spending their Christmas money. Other scenario is everyone is twitchy about TOTY straight after FUTmas so the market stagnates and prices drop further :#

It’ll drop further.
  • ha032742
    31546 posts Moderator
    ha032742 wrote: »

It’ll drop further.

Ok
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Sold CR7 and SIF DDG (didn't like him btw, felt worse than the normal even though that isn't possible) yesterday

I'm keeping my icons though, not a chance I'm selling and re-buying just to save a few hundred K on each of them