Day 5 of the World Cup - What are your predictions? Let us know here.

The completely random marquee matchups prediction thread

DarthGrowler
10909 posts Has That Special Something
edited January 16
Do you think we will have them this year? If so, leave your prediction below. It made us all wealthy early on last year........Choo choooooo
Post edited by DarthGrowler on

Comments

• DaveSaves
    19873 posts Club Captain
    I’ve missed you.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    2959 posts National Call-Up
    are we back in business dg B)
  • dylwms
    2158 posts Fans' Favourite
    Surely there's got to be MM this year
  • Hornerglow
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't think it'll be profitable this year tbh. Last year the profit decreased rapidly as EA lowered the requirements plus this year everyone is aware of this so I doubt it will make any profit at all. Gl to all who are going to try it though
  • DarthGrowler
    are we back in business dg B)

We’re back baby
  • DarthGrowler
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    I’ve missed you.

Hi hun xxx
  • DarthGrowler
    Hornerglow wrote: »
    Don't think it'll be profitable this year tbh. Last year the profit decreased rapidly as EA lowered the requirements plus this year everyone is aware of this so I doubt it will make any profit at all. Gl to all who are going to try it though

The curve ball ones will still provide €€€€
  • Campino
    21613 posts Club Captain
    Wb dude
  • TOMMYxCOOPER

The curve ball ones will still provide €€€€

Australia paid nicely most times it came up ...it seemed towards the end it was less about marquee and more than likely them avoiding what we all wanted.lol

• Ofthewelsh
    3418 posts National Call-Up
    I'm a sucker for the old Marquee matchups. Looking forward to having some fun with them this year. It gives me an excuse to keep every silver I ever pack.. just in case.
    Erdivisie and pro league golds are also worth holding onto. They seemed to come up fairly regularly last year, and always with a tidy return.

Bring it on!
  • BWild
    1947 posts Fans' Favourite
    Whether we sell off cards or just do the SBCs they're always profitable
  • dylwms
    BWild wrote: »
    Whether we sell off cards or just do the SBCs they're always profitable

Well said got some nice pulls from the SBC's last season
  • Knowlesdinho
    6230 posts Big Money Move

There was always profit to be made from them, especially when the random leagues popped up that people weren't prepared for. It will be the same this year if EA do them.

Anyone wanting to do this, I would recommend trying to keep at least 2 players (personally I always have more) from every team in your club. It won't be easy to do this at first, but after a few weeks you should be able to pick up discard ones quite easy on open bid early in the week. This way you will always be able to complete the matchups and you will also be able to sell what you don't use for profit. Always remember to buy them back on open bid for cheap after the SBC expires.

What @Hornerglow says is true though, they did lower the requirements and it became easier to do them. There was a Real Madrid one (I cant remember the opponent), but you needed one player from each team, all gold and 85 chem (I think, memory is hazy). You could easily complete this one with the 2 needed La Liga players and then a load of discard players from another league, yet people were still paying over the odds for the La Liga cards to complete it.

Unless it explicitly says so, you don't need to use the league for the matchup to complete the SBC, just the the amount of players from the clubs it's about. Try to be smart about these and you can do them for almost nothing and make a lot of profit too.
  • mjs4p
    9009 posts League Winner
    He's back! 2 Gullits for all! :)
  • BRISTOL86
    7077 posts Big Money Move
    I'm going down the road of buying cheap players from every club with spare coins as a long term investment for League SBCs or MM.

Is it best to buy golds, silvers or a mix?
  • Uberman
    14833 posts World Class
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    I'm going down the road of buying cheap players from every club with spare coins as a long term investment for League SBCs or MM.

Is it best to buy golds, silvers or a mix?

Im doing the exact same thing
  • Ofthewelsh
    3418 posts National Call-Up

mjs4p wrote: »
    He's back! 2 Gullits for all! :)

I'm holding you to that my man!
  • SergiuLive
    2955 posts National Call-Up
    Are you expecting something for the Champions League and Europa League tomorrow?
    Dortmund Real or PSG Bayern could be the main attractions.
  • Pikachu
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    Are you expecting something for the Champions League and Europa League tomorrow?
    Dortmund Real or PSG Bayern could be the main attractions.

It'll be for the Weekend Games I would imagine.
  • Peter
    26743 posts Player of the Year
    Choo choo
  • DarthGrowler
    I’ve missed you lads. I’ve been lurking occasionally but just too lazy to post
  • DarthGrowler
    Post your pulls. I got nothing
  • dylwms
    Raffael aka nothing
  • Henstock
    2573 posts Fans' Favourite
    If Fabianski, Goretska and Tolliso.
    Made about 45k
  • Brownie1524
    8996 posts League Winner
    Wonder if it'll be Tues/Thurs again but usually the Tues one was for midweek matches and this one features the weekend.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    midweek ones for Europe yeah ..perhaps when the game is open to all the next round of Europe mid October will be all champ league and Europa again
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    edited September 2017
    real Madrid v spurs a cert I think :)
  • SergiuLive
    2955 posts National Call-Up
    It seems we missed the train here.
    Hopefully I had all the players, except the OM Nice.
  • YOLOT0URE
    5272 posts Big Money Move
    Packed de gea, but hopefully this thread takes off. Time to make some coins!
  • Overevil
    2441 posts Fans' Favourite
    Missed this thread, last year I gave up only once you got banned, hope to make again the same craxy amount of coins on the first month