POTM/SBC investing thread (POTM September discussion) (Marquee match-up predictions)

Aarong222
14875 posts Moderator
edited October 7
Post one: My advice
Post two: @Abdulhamed's trading advice
Post three: @CuteIsWhatIAim4's trading advice
Post four: @Dasco's Beginners guide to SBC's

Official POTM Nominee's:

ddb8c62941cd82bcd597bc034cd827c1.png

Sergio Aguero: 5 Goals, 3 Assists, 4 Games, 4 Wins ST

Kevin De Bruyne: 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 4 Games, 4 Wins CAM

Pascal Gross: 2 Goals, 2 Assists, 4 Games, 2 Wins, 2 Losses CF

Harry Kane: 6 Goals, 4 Games, 3 Wins, 1 Draw, ST

Jamaal Lascelles: 2 Goals, 4 Games, 2 Wins, 1 Draw, 1 Loss, 3 Goals Conceded, 1 Clean Sheet CB

Romelu Lukaku: 4 Goals, 1 Assist, 4 Games, 3 Wins, 1 Draw, Goal every game. ST

Alvaro Morata: 4 Goals, 4 Games, 2 Wins, 1 Draw, 1 Loss, ST

My view on September POTM:

Realistically you can narrow down the SL with Gross, Lascelles and Morata standing next to no chance of picking up the award. From the remaining four I would put Lukaku in fourth and KDB in third leaving us with the two obvious options of Kane and Aguero. Although Kane has the more goals the fact that Aguero has assists to his name and that Manchester City won all four games, including a big win over Chelsea for the final match gives him the edge. You may want to cover Kane but with it being so early in the game I would personally focus all attention on Aguero and thus this will solely focus on him.

Aguero is not going to be easy to obtain with him being 91 rated and among the best players in the Premier league you will need a huge budget and likely Aguero himself will be needed.

When it comes to his past you are looking at just City, Atletico and Independiente all of which can easily be Argentine linked and thus I don't expect that to be included. However I do recommend investing in high Argentine players, particularly from said three leagues. *More to come*

Happy trading!

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for lost coins, this is my personal stance on the market
Post edited by Aarong222 on

Comments

• Abdulhamed
    2781 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 24
    Hey Everybody, and Another Year of FIFA and another year of Investing B), I will try to do my best with updating Upcoming SBC possibilities.

Last Year Sterling POTM got released on the 30th and POTM Son on October 14th Just extra information for people.
    POTM:
    Sadio Mane (EPL August POTM (Confirmed))

SBC Possibilities :
    A - Premier League :

Team Rating Min 83-84
    11x Premier League Players
    Chemistry : 100

B- Liverpool:

11x Liverpool Players
    Team Rating : Min 79-80
    Chem : 100

C- Senegal :

11x Senegal Players
    Team Rating : Min 76-78

D- Past Teams :

2x FC Metz
    2x RB Salzburg
    2x Southampton
    2x Liverpool
    Team Rating : Either None or Min 74-77
    MM

For this upcoming week i have 6 Matchups that i think could make it

1- Marseille vs Nice

2- Fulham vs QPR

3- Porto vs Sporting

4- Chelsea vs Man City

5- Hamburg vs Bremen

6- Lokomotiv Moscow - Dinamo Moscow

There is a couple of more matchups but those are personally my choice so if your looking in investing keep in mind those things

1- There could be rating requirements

2- Pick a guy or guys that most people will use or have to use to complete it

3- If the prices are already way to high then don't invest. (safer)

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for lost of coins, this is my personal ideas and investments.
    Post edited by Abdulhamed on
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    7633 posts League Winner
    edited November 15
    The man, the myth, the legend is back. After being completely exhausted from the unacceptable WL connection issues in FIFA17 I decided to come back after 5 months of absence, fully refreshed with new energy and in joyful anticipation of the new title.
    A big thank you to @chosenone who already did an insane job last year finding all the great games and thankfully came back for FIFA18 to help out the community again.

Make sure to follow these Twitter accounts so you can get a head start for Marquees and some other investments.

Mm_sbc ( @Choppers925)
    FIFAchosenone ( @chosenone)
    TylerDurden87 (myself)

While having too much time on my hands i checked the real life formations of the teams of several leagues that could be in the upcoming league SBC. If you really just want to prepare to do it for yourself, you can simply buy 11 players and should have no problems finishing it. The SBC usually follows the real formations, expect 1-2 changes though as teams sometimes change formations obviously.

Things you should take in account:
    4231 could very well be 4231(2)
    433 could be all formations but it doesn’t matter. You also need the same players as for all formations with wingers and 1 striker.
    352 could very well be 532

Basically the only interesting thing is if they are playing with 3/4/5 defenders or if they are playing with 1/2 strikers. At MOST you need 13 players from a team overall to be safe.

Eredivisie:
    Twente 4231(2)
    Excelsior 433
    Heracles 433
    Venlo 433
    Roda 4231(2) or 4231
    Feyenoord 433
    Willem 532 or 352 depends on how you interpret it
    Ajax 433
    Zwolle 433
    Den Haag 433
    Vitesse 433
    PSV 433
    Utrecht 41212(2)
    Breda 433
    Sparta Rotterdam 4231 or 4231(2)
    Groningen 4231 or 4231(2)
    Heerenveen 433

MLS:
    DC United 4231(2)
    New York Red Bulls 4231(2)
    Dallas 4231(2)
    LA 4231(2)
    Houston 4231(2)
    Chicago 433
    Portland 4231(2)
    Vancouver 4231(2)
    Philadelphia 4231(2)
    Orlando 433
    NYFC 433
    Columbus 4231(2)
    San José 4231(2)
    Minnesota 4411
    Seattle 4231(2)
    Colorado 4231(2)
    Montreal 433
    New England 4231(2)
    Salt Lake 4231(2)
    Kansas 433
    Atlanta 3331
    Toronto 442

Jupiler Pro League
    Charleroi 4411
    Gent 4231(2)
    Eupen 433
    Anderlecht 3421
    Lokeren 4411
    Oostende 352
    Zelte 433
    Mechelen 4231(2)
    Kortrijk 41212(2)
    Genk 4312
    Brügge 352
    St. Truiden 532
    Lüttich 4231(2)
    Waasland 433
    Mouscron 4411
    Antwerpen 3331

Ligue 1:
    Toulouse 442
    Bordeaux 433
    Nizza 442(2)
    Angers 541
    Lille 3331
    Monaco 442(2)
    Montpellier 4231(2)
    Troyes 4141
    PSG 433
    Metz 4231(2)
    Lyon 4231(2)
    Dijon 4231(2)
    Caen 442(2)
    Amiens 4231(2)
    Guingamp 442
    St. Etienne 343
    Rennes 4411
    Straßburg 4231(2)
    Nantes 442(2)
    Marseille 4231(2)

Scottish League
    Ross County 442
    Hamilton 352
    Partick Thistle 4231(2)
    Dundee 352
    Hearts 442
    St. Johnstone 442
    Kilmarnock 4411
    Hibernian 433
    Motherwell 352
    Celtic 4231(2)
    Rangers 442
    Aberdeen 4231(2)

Premier League
    Chelsea 3421
    Burnley 4411 / 4141
    West Brom 4141
    Bournemouth mostly 4411
    Watford 433
    Liverpool 4141 / 433 / 4231(2) in this example you see that most of the formations can be done with the same players
    Crystal Palace 4231 / 4141
    Huddersfield 4141
    Newcastle 4231(2)
    Tottenham 3421/352
    Everton 4231(2) mostly
    Stoke 3421
    Arsenal 3421
    Leicester 4411
    Brighton 442 / 4411
    Man City 4141
    Southampton 4231(2)
    Swansea 352 / 4141
    Man United 4231(2)
    West Ham 4231(2) / 352 / 3421 / 541 / 442 maybe they should stick to a formation to have some success

Bundesliga
    Bayern 4231(2)
    Leverkusen 442 / 4231(2)
    Hoffenheim 3142
    Bremen 3142
    Berlin 4231(2)
    Stuttgart 343
    Mainz 541 / 4231(2)
    Hannover 433
    Schalke all formations with 3atb
    Leipzig 442(2)
    Freiburg 541
    Frankfurt 352 / 4231(2)
    Wolfsburg 4231(2)
    Dortmund 433
    Köln 442(2)
    Mönchengladbach 442(2)
    Augsburg 4231(2)
    Hamburg 4231(2)

Calcio A
    Juventus 4231(2)
    Cagliari 4312
    Milan 3421 / 352
    Crotone 442(2)
    Hellas Verona 433
    Napoli 433
    Bergamo 3421
    Roma 433
    Inter 4231(2)
    Fiorentina 433
    Sampdoria 4312
    Benevento 442(2)
    Bologna 433
    Torino 4231(2)
    Sassuolo 433 / 352
    Genoa 3421 / 352
    Udinese 433 / 442(2)
    Lazio 352 / 3421
    Spal 352
    Chievo 4312

La Liga
    Real 4312 / 433
    La Coruna 4231(2)
    Levante 4231(2)
    Villarreal 442(2)
    Real Sociedad 433
    Celta Vigo 433
    Betis 433 / 4141
    Barcelona 433 / 442(2)
    Alaves 4231(2)
    Leganes 4231(2)
    Espanyol 442(2) / 4231(2)
    Sevilla 4231(2)
    Getafe 4231(2)
    Bilbao 4231(2)
    Eibar 442(2)
    Malaga 4231(2)
    Girona 3421
    Atlético 442(2)
    Las Palmas 4231(2)
    Valencia 442

UPDATE 15th of November: added Marquee matchups for 21st of November - 27th of November

MM Suggestions
    ENGLAND Doubt another PL one but there aren't many big ones
    Liverpool - Chelsea (Big game) Just had a few PL so maybe not
    ManCity - Huddersfield (possibly? live on sky too) depends on POTM req
    Brighton - Crystal Palace (bit of a derby/rivalry) possible
    Barnsley - Leeds (Derby) | Brentford - QPR (Derby)
    Blackpool - Fleetwood (Derby) |Portsmouth - Plymouth (Derby)

FRANCE Possible after last week's miss
    *Monaco - PSG (top 2) Big one
    Stade Rennais - Nantes (Derby Breton) Alternative French game
    Le Havre - Lens I doubt this but possible for a small league

GERMANY
    *Dortmund - Schalke Big one, No bundesliga for a few weeks so high chance
    Bayern - Gladbach Alternative german game

SPAIN
    *Barca- Valencia (Top 2) maybe not after the Madrid derby but a big game
    Villareal - Sevilla Alternative Spanish game

ITALY
    *Lazio - Fiorentina Good chance after missing the roma game
    Bari - Foggia (derby) chance for a smaller league
    Ternana - Perugia (derby) "

OTHER BIG ONES
    *Al Hilal - Urawa Reds Missed the first leg, chance of coming for the 2nd?
    *Cerezo Osaka - Vissel Kobe Big chance if the above doesn't come up
    *Independiente - Racing Just had argentina recently but lack of games could include it
    *Spartak - Zenit With the Russian league prices dropping, good chance, stock up on russians
    Motherwell - Celtic (cup) Chance for a Scottish game that isn't celtic vs rangers
    *Columbus Crew - Toronto cup - Chance to put an MLS game in pre-MVP SBC
    Cracovia - Lechia Gdansk (rivalry between 2 groups)..Missed the league a few times

UNLIKELY OTHERS
    Rapid Wien - RB (2nd vs 3rd)
    Anderlecht - Standard Liege cup game on 29th so probs next week
    Antwerp - Mechelen | Genk - Standard
    Maritimo - Madeira
    Molde - Sarpsborg (2nd vs 3rd, league coming to an end)

Also thanks to @Xaero for pointing out some games!
    Post edited by CuteIsWhatIAim4 on
  • Dasco
    5631 posts Moderator
    edited September 24
    Dasco's 101 for efficient Investing & completing Squad Building challenges

NOTE** - In construction, more to be added and amendments to be made!

Hello and welcome to my short guide on making the most of your Squad building challenges. For the new players amongst us, Squad building challenges, which is commonly referred to as "SBC's", are optional tasks set by EA which can provide an assortment of different rewards such as packs, coins & unique players to name but a few.

Now the advice I'll be giving isn't designed to earn you millions of coins in the short term, it's designed to save coins and in turn make yourself prepared for a wide variety of potential SBC requirements. As someone who had a pack only thread last year, I did a lot of SBC's and also earned millions through the simple advice I'll be providing below. I'll be posting trading advice as well, however this is more of a guide and isn't designed for "spoon feeding" purposes, it's designed to help you find the marquee players, invest and make those coins before others realise!
    THE BASICS - REQUIREMENTS & SAVING COINS/PLAYERS
    So to start off with, the first tip is simply to take a moment to review the requirements of an SBC. That may seem somewhat obvious, however it's incredible how often that users can mis-read a requirement, wasting time making a team that was never going to work or use players far more expensive or higher rated than the required minimum set out by EA. If you're able to digest requirements in a flash, then this will benefit you greatly for when new SBC's are released that have more unusual requirements.

I've listed a few examples below of what to look out for when reviewing SBC requirements
    * Minimum Rating - Don't submit a team higher rated than required. This is likely losing you coins.
    * Minimum card type - Look to see if your SBC is min.gold, min.silver, min.bronze or isn't stated. Being able to get rid of lower rated players will save you coins and future SBC fodder!
    * Nationality/league requirements - Self explanatory, however try to think outside the box with these requirements. Brazil/Argentina are two examples of very common nations used in such SBC's that could be massively inflated whereas you'd be able to complete the same SBC with slightly more obscure nations.
    * Sub SBCs - By this, I mean when you need to complete multiple SBC's within a category in order to receive the main reward, such as league SBC's. Costs and players should ideally be sorted out beforehand!
    * The Reward - Not a requirement to complete I'm aware, but always be wary of the cost of the players you're putting in as opposed to what the game is giving out. It's not rocket science to know you're getting a bad deal when you've spent 25K on players to earn a pack of significantly less value
    * CHECK WHAT YOU'RE SUBMITTING PRIOR TO ACCEPTING -- None of us want to see you stick in Messi and not realise until after you've already submitted the SBC. Take a moment to check all the players submitted prior to agreeing to avoid heartache. Simple stuff, however it's an easy mistake, especially when using the squad builder!

Along with the above, you'll also want to identify what are the absolute locked requirements. By this, I mean by a card that a lot of people are going to need in order to complete the SBC. For example, if an SBC requires an inform, you'll want to quickly identify whether any inform will do or if it needs to be gold or a certain nationality. Belgian informs completely skyrocketed from around 50k min to over 200k last year as it was absolutely mandatory for the completion of the SBC. As another example, when the SBC Suarez was announced, I quickly realised that you needed a high rated special Atletico special card in order to complete the SBC. I invested heavily in IF Gamiero's and haloween Luis's and tripled my investment in less than an hour once people caught on.

Being able to spot these is a massive part of being successful in the investing portion of SBC's, however that's not the only way of making coins from SBC's!

My next point won't be nearly as long winded, however this is for those that like to do the majority of SBC's while making a guaranteed steady income of coins. My second tip is a method I call "stacking". To explain stacking in simple terms, it's just about having a large pool of players in your club. Again, this isn't anything crazy, however when a player is a requirement for an SBC, it's natural that demand rises and supply falls in most cases. The point of stacking is to fill your club with players where there's high supply and low prices and await for SBC's that they're needed, in particular the Marquee matchups.

My thesis with stacking is that when relevant SBC's come round, you should be able to use players in them and earn rewards, however, as you've prepared and covered yourself with a high quantity of players from certain leagues & nations, you're making a resale value on a high volume of players. This was particularly true of silver players at the start of Fifa 17 as silver players were very rare compared to bronzes & golds. These would be my recommendations of what to invest in - It's up to you to pick and choose as early game you'll be on a budget.
    * - Main Leagues - Players from the "top 5" leagues will frequently have Marquee matchups that will artificially boost their prices. It's always worth doing research on when big derbies will happen, although we'll be covering our picks on this thread!
    * Popular nations in obscure leagues - By this, I mean nations such as Brazil, Argentina & France that have players represented in the majority of the leagues. These are the players that are most volatil to price hikes in certain SBC scenarios, especially when combined with overall rating.
    * Positions - Dependant on the SBC, some positions based on requirements may end up at a premium. LB/RB's and wingers are normally strong contenders for these trends, however can differ from SBC to SBC
    * Ratings - An obvious one, however if you're able to pick up 80+ players for discard or slightly above, then definitely do it! Higher rated SBC's can see higher OVR players drastically increase in price, especially for special SBC's such as guaranteed inform packs or league SBC's for premium players.

Now the above of course isn't exhaustive, however having such information should help you make an informed decision when deciding who's a good investment & likely to rise as opposed to those that may not. Again with the above, the more your club is "stacked" then the better and who doesn't appreciate doing an SBC and still making coins regardless of the reward you get? The more the better applies well with this method.
    Post edited by Dasco on
  • Aarong222
    14875 posts Moderator
    Reserved

and we are live!
  • SimmoEFC
    10471 posts Has That Special Something
    Brazilians from obscure leagues is always a safe bet, especially wingers or CAMs
  • Dasco
    5631 posts Moderator
    SimmoEFC wrote: »
    Brazilians from obscure leagues is always a safe bet, especially wingers or CAMs

The RM in the Saudi league was a gold mine for me on 17. Still can't recall his name, but he'd honestly go from like 700c to extinct when nation sbcs hit.

The obscure league/nations is something I was going to cover.
  • Aarong222
    14875 posts Moderator
    Web app is live :)
  • JamieT96
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 20
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    Web app is live :)

Nevermind got it to work.
  • Huxx
    1810 posts Play-Off Hero
    @CuteIsWhatIAim4 welcome back
  • Woodersinho
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fenerbahce v Beskitas would be a good MM this week, might troll a fair few people that want to get going on the Super Lig SBC nice & early
  • SportiTuTO
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Let's do it! Hamburg Bremen <3
  • SimmoEFC
    10471 posts Has That Special Something
    IF Fabianski is the safest investment you can possibly make if you've got a large amount of coins.

POTM Mane will be released next week.
  • Swissy
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    IF Fabianski is the safest investment you can possibly make if you've got a large amount of coins.

Don't think they used if's for the first two potm although I could be wrong, but then again it's is mane we're talking about so could have great potential as it is a really safe investment as he is pretty much discard. Think salah might be a great pick due to him probably been a otw, a popular pick at right side for bpl teams and maybe needed for Liverpool as part of sbc
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    7633 posts League Winner
    They didn't ask for IF for Sterling and Son last year, obviousl because the game was only out like 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure you'll need Mané himself though. POTM Mané would be an endgame card already, so I wouldn't be shocked to see a full Liverpool team including him, full Senegal, full BPL etc.
  • djvkool43
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They didn't ask for IF for Sterling and Son last year, obviousl because the game was only out like 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure you'll need Mané himself though. POTM Mané would be an endgame card already, so I wouldn't be shocked to see a full Liverpool team including him, full Senegal, full BPL etc.

I don't know about that, I think they will ask about the same requirement as POTM Sterling like last year, however, I don't think it will involve any full Senegal team as it could potentially cost up to 110k coins, which won't be good this early.

I think it will be a team with 2x Senegal players (might have min rating), a team with either 1x RB Salzburg or 1x Metz players, and a BPL team with at least 1x Liverpool, and 1x Soton players = this alone can potentially cost up to about 60k coins which is fair for 86-rated Mane this early stage
  • WTFsmirky08
    1687 posts Play-Off Hero

Id suggest that Mustafi is the better card if you are investing, to me thats where I would look if I could get on the market :scream:

German, BPL, decent stats, 86 rated, relatively cheap.
  • Aarong222
    14875 posts Moderator
    I'd go Joaquinn but I can't trade as I'm locked out :(
  • Aarong222
    14875 posts Moderator
    going to use post 5 for SBC solutions eventually
  • Dasco
    5631 posts Moderator

Son did need an inform :). IIRC it was 11 nations, 1 IF and 100 chem.
  • Aarong222
    14875 posts Moderator
    Dasco wrote: »

There were two, first one didnt need one, the second did
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    7633 posts League Winner
    edited September 22
    Dasco wrote: »

Mea culpa, you are absolutely right.

Sterling did cost around 100k btw. because of the City players.

They won't give away a card like Mané for less, this card is on another level, doesn't matter if only a handful can afford him.
    Post edited by CuteIsWhatIAim4 on
  • Dasco
    5631 posts Moderator
    90c94033b359438604d1db2fe92607b0.png

Nice lil earner for the "Quads" SBC. Used Bundesliga for around 6K for a 25K pack.
  • CeeQue
    3613 posts National Call-Up
    Has anyone been able to get "Tough". I think im stuck now since i need loyalty ffs cost about 7k.

4p2kXjg.jpg
  • WellWornBeast
    1442 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not really on topic but i'd expect the people in this thread to be somewhat experienced on the fut market, I got two questions for you! Hopefully avoiding the git gud-responses you can get starting an own thread :D

1. Im debating wether to get the game on the 26th or the 29th (I wont be able to play many games until the 29th). But I am planning on getting perhaps 7-8k Fifa Points and splurging them. Would it be more worth to do this on the 26th or the 29th? I will miss potential Ones To Watch but maybe prices will be higher before the 29th?

2. Didnt really get into SBC's last year much, should i aim to do them all as soon as i get the game? Im currently on 1k coins on the web app, have some non-rare **** players and a Lichsteiner that i got in the starter pack, lol.

Thanks!

• Marshall90
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Back on the grind then boys!! B)

Not really on topic but i'd expect the people in this thread to be somewhat experienced on the fut market, I got two questions for you! Hopefully avoiding the git gud-responses you can get starting an own thread :D

1. Im debating wether to get the game on the 26th or the 29th (I wont be able to play many games until the 29th). But I am planning on getting perhaps 7-8k Fifa Points and splurging them. Would it be more worth to do this on the 26th or the 29th? I will miss potential Ones To Watch but maybe prices will be higher before the 29th?

2. Didnt really get into SBC's last year much, should i aim to do them all as soon as i get the game? Im currently on 1k coins on the web app, have some non-rare **** players and a Lichsteiner that i got in the starter pack, lol.

Thanks!

I can't see it making that much difference tbh mate. Especially if you're not going to play games. I'm in the same boat, so I'm going to just put the difference into packs.

And yeah do all the SBCs you can but look at the reward, make sure you're getting good packs for what you're putting in. And get everything as cheap as possible on bid as small margins can make a massive difference this early in the game!
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    7633 posts League Winner

Thanks!

If you can't play anyway so 3 days are obviously worthless. Same goes with the packs you get: after 4-6 weeks into the game those packs are absolutely useless. On average you get like 5k out of those which helps you at the start but are worth nothing after the timespan I mentioned. My suggestion would be buying the standard edition( you also get a physical disc which you can sell if the game is dreadful) and buy as many points you want to put into the game to play drafts. Regarding SBC: do it now. The hybrid ones etc. will be price fixed to death within 1 week after release.
  • WellWornBeast
    1442 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cheers for the input boys, will get going on the 29th and play my **** off during the weekend :)
  • Halta002
    1105 posts Professional
    So I guess no MM this week ?

Do you think investing in current TOTW players is a good move now ? like valencia , Bakumba , mustafi ? or wait till we get the access the 3 days pre order access ?
  • JamieT96
    Halta002 wrote: »

Do you think investing in current TOTW players is a good move now ? like valencia , Bakumba , mustafi ? or wait till we get the access the 3 days pre order access ?

I've picked up 6 Aranguiz. 90 rated CM or CAM with an artist chem style, unlikely to get another IF compared to Valbuena and Bakambu, popular league, one of the best options in his league, strong link to vidal and a dynamic picture helps.
  • JamieT96
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    Halta002 wrote: »

I've picked up 6 Aranguiz. 90 rated CM or CAM with an artist chem style, unlikely to get another IF compared to Valbuena and Bakambu, popular league, one of the best options in his league, strong link to vidal and a dynamic picture helps.

Added to the fact that TOTW 1 only have 1 day in packs for early release and doesn't seem like many people plan on opening packs that day as they're waiting for OTW's to drop on the 29th.