POTM/SBC investing thread - Potential league SBCS; POTM announcement 12/1

Comments

• djvkool43
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just picked up a Salah OTW for 351k.. there’s no way this card will drop any more than that..
    we know he will get winter upgrade but since his otw card is higher rated, will it go up similar rating upgrade or just +1?

Same reason I kept my Hero card, kept 1 for yesterday just in case, when not needed I was tempted to sell but it dropped so fast that I decided to keep it as he will get a winder upgrade for sure.

Do you guys know whether or not his POTM card will be upped to 89 when he gets his upgrade?
  • GoodnightIrene
    2125 posts Fans' Favourite
    djvkool43 wrote: »
    Just picked up a Salah OTW for 351k.. there’s no way this card will drop any more than that..
    we know he will get winter upgrade but since his otw card is higher rated, will it go up similar rating upgrade or just +1?

Same reason I kept my Hero card, kept 1 for yesterday just in case, when not needed I was tempted to sell but it dropped so fast that I decided to keep it as he will get a winder upgrade for sure.

Do you guys know whether or not his POTM card will be upped to 89 when he gets his upgrade?
    If he gets upgraded enough the card will go up as well, think it happened last year with POTM Costa.
  • NucksNation
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was staring at salah otw for few seconds and realized the pic moves lol.. don’t know if it’s just mine but it’s weird
  • NucksNation
    JDub wrote: »

I think OTW Salah will go down more prior to TOTY. That might be the best time to buy him for investment. Everyone will be selling high value cards as everyone knows about pre-TOTY crash. That’s when I plan to invest in that card. He’s a better choice over Lacazette as Salah is sure to get an upgrade possibly +2 or even +3 if he keeps this form up. Lacazette will get nothing given current form. Just an opinion, never can fully know what the market will do.

Completely understand that but it’s still some time left to TOTY, I got him for 350k.. I will use him then offload just before he drops to my cost and re buy it during toty.. if he gets one or two IF between now and then, his otw price will be way over 450-500k..

Fwiw I think you're understating how much time is left until TOTY. It feels like it is ages away as FUTMas has just started, but TOTY was usually around the second week in Jan, which is only 3 weeks away.

And that's if they wait that long, they could do it as a 'Celebrate the new year with lasts years best XI!' or something, and in that case it is only 2 weeks away, which is when Salah expires. I think once FUTMas is done on the 24th and with people receiving FIFA and PSN/MS points on the 25th, prices are only 10 days away from plummeting prior to TOTY.

Then again I am no expert, just my take on the situation, I won't be getting Salah anyway purely for that 2* WF, which is a shame as he'd partner POTM Mane and TOTGS Firming nicely :'(

True, time flies..
    I just doubt the price of his otw would drop to 300k.. but also could increase.. Morata just getting one IF and his otw dropped only 20k from a month ago I owned it..
    lol I already blew 350k on him so he better stay higher.. I gusss next investment would be Toty and new year sbcs
  • JDub
    258 posts Sunday League Hero

I think OTW Salah will go down more prior to TOTY. That might be the best time to buy him for investment. Everyone will be selling high value cards as everyone knows about pre-TOTY crash. That’s when I plan to invest in that card. He’s a better choice over Lacazette as Salah is sure to get an upgrade possibly +2 or even +3 if he keeps this form up. Lacazette will get nothing given current form. Just an opinion, never can fully know what the market will do.

Completely understand that but it’s still some time left to TOTY, I got him for 350k.. I will use him then offload just before he drops to my cost and re buy it during toty.. if he gets one or two IF between now and then, his otw price will be way over 450-500k..

I get it. That makes sense.
  • JDub
    258 posts Sunday League Hero

Fwiw I think you're understating how much time is left until TOTY. It feels like it is ages away as FUTMas has just started, but TOTY was usually around the second week in Jan, which is only 3 weeks away.

And that's if they wait that long, they could do it as a 'Celebrate the new year with lasts years best XI!' or something, and in that case it is only 2 weeks away, which is when Salah expires. I think once FUTMas is done on the 24th and with people receiving FIFA and PSN/MS points on the 25th, prices are only 10 days away from plummeting prior to TOTY.

Then again I am no expert, just my take on the situation, I won't be getting Salah anyway purely for that 2* WF, which is a shame as he'd partner POTM Mane and TOTGS Firming nicely :'(

This timing is more along the lines of what I was thinking. But agree there is a decent chance with the number of PL games in the next 3 weeks that Salah could get another IF and make OTW price go up. I’m praying for no Salah goals to make his OTW the cheapest and most profitable heading into upgrades ala OTW Mane last year. I did buy 1 Hero Salah post POTM crash to play with and hold for sell post upgrade.
  • Tommygunn
    1174 posts Professional

This timing is more along the lines of what I was thinking. But agree there is a decent chance with the number of PL games in the next 3 weeks that Salah could get another IF and make OTW price go up. I’m praying for no Salah goals to make his OTW the cheapest and most profitable heading into upgrades ala OTW Mane last year. I did buy 1 Hero Salah post POTM crash to play with and hold for sell post upgrade.

Cheapest on the market is 389 then 395. I think the hype on Sunday will comfortably see him up over 400k
  • NucksNation
    Tommygunn wrote: »

Cheapest on the market is 389 then 395. I think the hype on Sunday will comfortably see him up over 400k

Really?.. so I’m already at +40k as of right now.. I think the otw price dropped so low on him was because it was almost 100% expected for a special salah card and all of a sudden hero and otw wasn’t required and people wanted the POTM card so was best to cash otw and get the new card
  • Tommygunn
    1174 posts Professional
    He’s crashed a bit again however he will easily rise. If he scores a couple tomorrow you’ll cash out bigtime if you want rid of him
  • NucksNation
    He’s crashed a bit again however he will easily rise. If he scores a couple tomorrow you’ll cash out bigtime if you want rid of him

Sunday vs Bournemouth.. I’ve been holding on to cards bit longer and it has caused me some loss, I think if I’m at 50-60k ahead I might cash it out till toty, one would assume he’s bit much for Ake to handle since Lukaku already worn him last game
  • djvkool43
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was staring at salah otw for few seconds and realized the pic moves lol.. don’t know if it’s just mine but it’s weird

It's not just you mate, yesterday he waved at me, and thanked me for my vote...
  • NucksNation
    djvkool43 wrote: »

It's not just you mate, yesterday he waved at me, and thanked me for my vote...

Damn son.. how high were you..
  • Aarong222
    14998 posts Moderator
    @CuteIsWhatIAim4 Do you have a list of profitable sbc's in terms of league ones? I recall reading that somewhere
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    @CuteIsWhatIAim4 Do you have a list of profitable sbc's in terms of league ones? I recall reading that somewhere

Sunderland (Championship SBC) 11k rare gold pack (25k)
    Wolves (Championship SBC) 8k Premium Electrum players pack (12.5k)
    Ajax (Eredivisie SBC) 12k Premium gold players pack (25k)
    AS Monaco (Petit SBC) 11k Prime gold players pack (45k)
    Barcelona (Petit SBC) 8.6k Premium Gold players pack (25k)
    Krasnodar (Russian League SBC) 7.2k Rare Gold pack (25k)
    Lokomotive (Russian League SBC) 7k Premium Electrum players pack (12.5k)
    Rubin Kazan (Russian League SBC) 13k rare Gold pack (25k)
    Spartak (Russian League SBC) 7.1k Premium Electrum players pack (12.5k)
    Zenit (Russian League SBC) 8.1k Premium gold players pack (25k)
    Benfica (Liga Nos SBC) 9k Premium gold players pack (25k)
    Porto (Liga Nos SBC) 11.1k Prime gold players pack (45k)
    Sporting (Liga Nos SBC) 12.2k Prime gold players pack (45k)
    The Puzzler (L&N hybrid) 6.3k Premium gold players pack (25k)
    Intermediate (L&N hybrid) 6.6k Premium gold players pack (25k) + 1.5k
    Tough (L&N hybrid) 7.7k Mega Pack (35k)
    Hybrid Master (L&N hybrid) 11.6k Rare players pack (50k)
    12000 coins on top for finishing all 4
    Prime Nine (Hybrid leagues) 8.6k Prime gold players pack (45k)
    Squad Goals (Hybrid leagues) 14.2k Mega pack (35k)
    Finishing hybrid leagues cost: 33.2k pack value: 160k
    Quads (Hybrid Nations) 4.8k Premium gold players pack (25k)
    It takes eight (hybrid nations) 7k Prime gold players pack (45k)
    National pride (Hybrid nations) 8.1k Mega pack (35k)
    Finishing hybrid nations cost: 23.5k pack value: 170k
    Monterrey (Liga Bancomer) 14.1k Prime Electrum players pack (25k)
    Tigres (Liga Bancomer) 9.9k Premium Gold players pack (25k)
    Basaksehir (Süper Lig) 6.9k Premium Electrum players pack (12.5k)
    Besiktas (Süper Lig) 8.9k Premium gold players pack (25k)
    Fenerbahce (Süper Lig) 8.8k Premium gold players pack (25k)
    Galatasaray (Süper Lig) 10.4k Prime Electrum players pack (25k)
    Kayserispor (Süper Lig) 12.4k Rare Gold pack (25k)
  • Aarong222
    14998 posts Moderator

Ya beauty
  • Aarong222
    14998 posts Moderator
    @CuteIsWhatIAim4 Verratti and Pepe from my first one done (Monaco Petit) much love
  • NucksNation
    https://goo.gl/images/2XtxXB

HOW AWESOME IS THIS KIT
  • Tommygunn
    1174 posts Professional
    To save anyone else. The above appears to be spam
  • WeahProtein
    536 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2017

It's not.

The user above has made "human-like" posts before. He's just using a url shortener.

Elf-Kit-Image-1.png
  • qwertyuiopè
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Guys I need an advice...
    My 1M coins Calcio A team has already dropped 200k, I'm thinking to sell now (also because I'm not playing in this period) and trade until TOTYs...
    I already have 50+ IFs, 10 N'zonzi and 10 Sule, 83s are still cheap, can't go wrong with them, right? Is there anything else worth investing?
  • termos
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Guys I need an advice...
    My 1M coins Calcio A team has already dropped 200k, I'm thinking to sell now (also because I'm not playing in this period) and trade until TOTYs...
    I already have 50+ IFs, 10 N'zonzi and 10 Sule, 83s are still cheap, can't go wrong with them, right? Is there anything else worth investing?

if you are not playing then you should sell i guess

just bought about 80 83's for 1200-1600, waiting for a right sbc to drop, seems like a low-risk investment for now

but i'm just a lurking ball-boy so don't mind me :sweat_smile:
  • tube11
    80 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2017
    86s are also quite cheap. You can get Pepe for 15 k. Pretty good, when EA drops a high rated Futmas Player like Aubameyang or Vidal last year. Also I think they announced new Prime Icon SBCs during Futmas.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently they already rose from the price I paid 1 hour ago. But still, Pepe for 17 k seems like a good deal. Probably not that much profit there, though. Maybe 3-5 k per card after tax.
  • Wiltz
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How much can 85 NIF's rise to if a desirable SBC drops?

• maximilson
    309 posts Sunday League Hero

I found some more SBC's that are relatively cheap. Maybe it could be added to the list?

America (Liga Bancomer) 8k Premium Jumbo Gold pack (15k)
    Leon (Liga Bancomer) 5k Premium Jumbo Gold pack (15k)
    Monarcas (Liga Bancomer) 7.5k Rare Gold pack (25k)
    Pachuca (Liga Bancomer) 5.5k Premium Electro Player pack (12.5k)
    Toluca (Liga Bancomer) 8.5k Rare Gold pack (25k)
    QPR (EFL Championship) 5k Premium Jumbo Gold pack (15k)
    Aston Villa (EFL Championship) 9.5k Rare Gold pack (25k)
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Yeah sure, thank you!
  • zaklfc9
    703 posts Sunday League Hero
    OTW salah will keep dropping. Hes too inflated due to so much hype.

1. ST card is better than RW and its only worth 200k.
    2. IF he gets another upgrade it will only be 87 rated imo and more than likely RW. TOTW would cost around 200k and otw will rise a tiny bit on hype and then crash again no real profit to be made.
    3. TOTY is approaching, a lot of prices will drop further and also arouind winter upgrade time they did the Guaranteed OTW SBCs.

Ive made tons of profit from that OTW salah card but for now I think it might be wise to stay clear from it.

Also I was 100 certain on doing the Salah POTM prior to it release, after seeing it I had doubts and got the loan player. Played a few games with him and for me its just not worth it, hes not that great. His WF is so evident, i feels like his normal card plays better on weaker foot or you just expect loads more from an 88 POTM card card but it feels very average for a special card.

Any idea if we may be able to use the carrol card for an SBC at any point?
  • Rob82K
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    Currently out and companion transfer blocked, could u pls tell me sorrentinho’s price? Danke.
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Rob82K wrote: »
    Currently out and companion transfer blocked, could u pls tell me sorrentinho’s price? Danke.

24k. Bitte
  • NucksNation
    zaklfc9 wrote: »
    OTW salah will keep dropping. Hes too inflated due to so much hype.

1. ST card is better than RW and its only worth 200k.
    2. IF he gets another upgrade it will only be 87 rated imo and more than likely RW. TOTW would cost around 200k and otw will rise a tiny bit on hype and then crash again no real profit to be made.
    3. TOTY is approaching, a lot of prices will drop further and also arouind winter upgrade time they did the Guaranteed OTW SBCs.

Ive made tons of profit from that OTW salah card but for now I think it might be wise to stay clear from it.

Also I was 100 certain on doing the Salah POTM prior to it release, after seeing it I had doubts and got the loan player. Played a few games with him and for me its just not worth it, hes not that great. His WF is so evident, i feels like his normal card plays better on weaker foot or you just expect loads more from an 88 POTM card card but it feels very average for a special card.

Any idea if we may be able to use the carrol card for an SBC at any point?

Would you say that 89potm SON last year is better than this POTM salah?
    I’ve a feeling the reason EA released such a thing as giving away a card is because he will be needed in the future, like the green cards from st Patrick’s day
  • NucksNation

It's not.

The user above has made "human-like" posts before. He's just using a url shortener.

Elf-Kit-Image-1.png

Thank you,
    I just didn’t know how to put the actually pic up