The Official Weekend League Thread

Comments

• xGeorgeSmithx
    3664 posts National Call-Up

The first week of qualifying is going to be harder than the first Weekend League with everyone having to do it
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    edited September 2017
    Good luck people in qualifying for the first Weekend League of the year!
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Time to revive this thread. Just qualified in my first attempt. Who's in so far? Gotta say that the servers felt really smooth this time unlike last year. Hope it stays like this in the actual WL.
  • Nauticius
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    Time to revive this thread. Just qualified in my first attempt. Who's in so far? Gotta say that the servers felt really smooth this time unlike last year. Hope it stays like this in the actual WL.

Qualified yesterday, was surprised how easy it was, expected to face really good opponents but I guess I got lucky this time.

Servers actually felt good, hopefully it stays the same when WL kicks off.
  • xGeorgeSmithx

I'll give qualifying a go tomorrow once I finish both of my teams!
  • Tlegendary
    652 posts Sunday League Hero
    I already qualified thursday relatively easy
  • Gary3022
    896 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Btw think i'm right in saying futchamps rewards will coincide with the release of prime icons in packs. Both on Thursday, right?

Gold 1 might be more lucrative than elite 3 & 2 assuming rewards are the same as last year, especially with how many discard IFs they've added to TOTW this year.
  • Acker
    791 posts Moderator
    Qualified yesterday now time to build a team and try and negotiate the time to play the full 40 games
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    Gary3022 wrote: »
    Btw think i'm right in saying futchamps rewards will coincide with the release of prime icons in packs. Both on Thursday, right?

Gold 1 might be more lucrative than elite 3 & 2 assuming rewards are the same as last year, especially with how many discard IFs they've added to TOTW this year.

Especially for the first couple of weeks Gold 1 might be the best
  • Delboy13710
    1916 posts Fans' Favourite
    What teams everyone planning on using ?
  • DeMolay145
    341 posts Sunday League Hero

Not great but not bad either IMO. Will upgrade defenders after this WL.

2qjkl6c.jpg

and

34zztqf.jpg
  • Dasco
    5815 posts Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Gary3022 wrote: »

I agree mate. 28 wins X4 = 112 wins which I believe is the min required for E1 monthly.

I believe they should add an additional 100k pack to all the elite rewards, would balance it out.
  • Demon_reborn
    974 posts Professional
    Im qualified and ready to go l. Not looking forward to playing bpl sweat teams tho.

I hate the fact people look at my team and then park the bus.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    Im qualified and ready to go l. Not looking forward to playing bpl sweat teams tho.

I hate the fact people look at my team and then park the bus.

What is your team?
  • Paulo__Dybala228
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2017

Forster
    Shaw, Van Dijk, bailly, walker
    Ozil, Fernandinho, wijnaldum
    Sane, Jesus, salah

• alex1987
    2346 posts Fans' Favourite
    Qualified in the first go, let's see how many games I can get into this. Never made it to 40 games.

Playing:
    Fahrmann
    Piscszek - Sokratis - Bartra - Schmelzer
    Keita - Goretzka - IF Aranguiz
    Pulisic - Werner - Kostic

Trying to have Kostic replaced by OTW Bruma and thinking of T. Müller to replace Werner as 2 fast wingers and crosses might have Müller as the better choice.
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    15 minutes to go and I'm totally not in the mood to grind through 40 games + the squad battles to maintain Elite 1 on this weekend. Game just doesn't feel like fun right now. Anyone not stoked about playing as well?
  • Chavez
    2022 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck guys this weekend.. couldnt get myself yet to start a serious qualifying round (and no time to play this weekend anyway).
  • Lunty
    1782 posts Play-Off Hero
    I swear it used to start at 7am GMT

Now it’s 8am
  • ukler8
    4617 posts National Call-Up

Forster
    Shaw, Van Dijk, bailly, walker
    Ozil, Fernandinho, wijnaldum
    Sane, Jesus, salah

:mask:
  • Couldnt get in. EA screwed me out of my last attempt. Had 1 remaining, went to relist my transfers and when i came back it said i had 0 attempts left!!!
  • BO0OM
    2111 posts Fans' Favourite
    15 minutes to go and I'm totally not in the mood to grind through 40 games + the squad battles to maintain Elite 1 on this weekend. Game just doesn't feel like fun right now. Anyone not stoked about playing as well?

Feel the same
  • Usaid123
    756 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Cmon boys we got thisss!!!!
  • BO0OM
    Usaid123 wrote: »
    Cmon boys we got thisss!!!!

Get this without me :lol: just lost a game in div 8 don't know how i managed to qualify. Good luck to you all :)
  • Usaid123
    1-0, guy who i played was good, was a fair match between us, another 39 to go.
  • BO0OM

Won because of a header with muller? :neutral:
    Lost my first game but my second was hilarious.. was loosing 2-1 and he started to shield @ the cornerflag since the 70 minute i've made the equalizer in the 90th. In the 95 minute he takes the lead and dabs.. after that i scored 2 quick goals and dabbed him -> ragequit :lol: so satisfying
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    The grind starts now....
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Started comfortably with 3:0 and didn't concede more than 2 goals overall while scoring 14. Played against 3 non-creative PL squads so far, so it's the same as every year.

The game feels more than F-Zero than FIFA though, the speed is really f**ked up. Don't know if that's lag or the same for everyone, but I'm getting huge problems against good opponents with all of my players ice-skating.

Got myself loan POTM Mané and holy cow, this card is insane. Scored 8 of the 14 goals and feels just so rapid (may be because of the hyperspeed gameplay). I said to myself I won't do POTM SBC this year, but this guy got me thinking.

Few things I've noticed:

Tackling statistics of both sides went down drastically, maybe because of new cursor. Against a really, really good opponent it is close to impossible to retain the ball if he is passing around.

Auto-clearance is the most annoying thing in the game. My defenders receive the ball with tons of space in my box, I already have a plan of starting the counterattack, but he just blows it in the stands. Really needs tuning in decision making in my opinion.

Shooting delay is happening way too often. When I'm playing a low cross I don't want my striker to take another 2 touches so the GK strips the ball off, when it's a 100% goal with a simple tap-in.

The CPU is commiting fouls way too often. Not specifically in this WL yet, but out of the 10ish penalties I gave away in 18, 8 were the CPU's fault.

Good luck guys.
  • Usaid123
    BO0OM wrote: »

Won because of a header with muller? :neutral:
    Lost my first game but my second was hilarious.. was loosing 2-1 and he started to shield @ the cornerflag since the 70 minute i've made the equalizer in the 90th. In the 95 minute he takes the lead and dabs.. after that i scored 2 quick goals and dabbed him -> ragequit :lol: so satisfying

Nice one ahahahaha, gg, keep it up.
  • DennisAjax
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    First game 6-5 win. 39 to go .. :| Servers are ok btw