The Official Weekend League Thread

xGeorgeSmithx
3662 posts National Call-Up
edited January 7
Well here we go another year of Weekend League, I'm sure this will provide many of ups and downs throughout the year.

I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the Weekend League as always or why else would we be here?
Post edited by xGeorgeSmithx on

Comments

• xGeorgeSmithx
    edited November 2017
    TOP 100 Wall of Fame:

@Gary3022 (Week 1)
    IMG_0052.png

@Gary3022 (Week 4)
    Finished = 38-2
    Placing = 67th

@Gary3022 (Week 5)
    Finished = 39-1
    Placing = 62nd
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    edited November 2017
    Teams and Custom Tactics:
    This post will show the Teams and Custom Tactics of forum users. If you would like to share your Teams and Custom Tactics with other forum users please provide an image of the team and a type up of the Custom Tactics that I can place below the image of the team in a spoiler.

Custom Tactics Template:
    (Please just copy and paste the template and fill in the blanks for each section) to view the template just click on "show" and the contents of the spoiler will appear.
    Build Up Play
    Speed -
    Passing -
    Positioning -

Chance Creation
    Passing -
    Crossing -
    Shooting -
    Positioning -

Defence
    Pressure -
    Aggression -
    Team Width -
    Defender Line -

Fourm Users Teams and Custom Tactics:
    @Gary3022
    Team
    IMG_0062.png

Custom Tacticts
    Build Up Play
    Speed - 60
    Passing - 40
    Positioning - Organised

Chance Creation
    Passing - 50
    Crossing - 60
    Shooting - 55
    Positioning - Free Form

Defence
    Pressure - 55
    Aggression - 60
    Team Width - 40
    Defender Line - Cover
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    edited October 2017
    Best Reward Pack Pulls:
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    edited October 2017
  • Mini_Miudo
    5579 posts Big Money Move
    Name the thread Weekend League Discussion or something, it looks weird as it is. :lol:
  • semia172
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    Recommended Teams and Custom Tactics:
    This area will show recommended teams and custom tactics from fourm users. These will most likely come from the better players amongst us all so that people who aren't as good can copy their ideas and make them their own!

Please not
  • Mini_Miudo
    semia172 wrote: »
    This area will show recommended teams and custom tactics from fourm users. These will most likely come from the better players amongst us all so that people who aren't as good can copy their ideas and make them their own!

Please not

I mean, I'm happy to help out forum people. It will only be a matter of time til youtubers notice this thread and start copying everything though. :trollface:

Also, please can we not have the ":" at the end of the thread title, I'm sorry if I'm stupid but I may have some sort of OCD regarding thread titles that I'm just finding about now. :joy:
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    semia172 wrote: »

Please not

I mean, I'm happy to help out forum people. It will only be a matter of time til youtubers notice this thread and start copying everything though. :trollface:

Also, please can we not have the ":" at the end of the thread title, I'm sorry if I'm stupid but I may have some sort of OCD regarding thread titles that I'm just finding about now. :joy:

I agree there is nothing wrong with helping out other people. I learned how to improve due to people helping me from the fourm!

I think you may have a little OCD but I've change it anyway!

I'll give the thread an update once I'm home tonight and can use my laptop rather than my phone.
  • Mini_Miudo
    Thanks @xGeorgeSmithx . <3 Anyway, looking forward to the first WL. Hopefully my squad isn't trash by then, otherwise I could struggle against all the FP buyers, which is more prominent this year than ever.
  • Zhyquron
    1136 posts Professional
    Thanks @xGeorgeSmithx . <3 Anyway, looking forward to the first WL. Hopefully my squad isn't trash by then, otherwise I could struggle against all the FP buyers, which is more prominent this year than ever.

One week of draft would help. Did this with FIFA17 too. Had some nice pulls, which helped me to buy a decent team.
  • Abdulhamed
    2825 posts National Call-Up
    Zhyquron wrote: »

One week of draft would help. Did this with FIFA17 too. Had some nice pulls, which helped me to buy a decent team.
    Tbh i think ill skip divisions for now, first week drafts and if squad battles are avaliable then ill do that too
  • Mini_Miudo
    Zhyquron wrote: »

I always play a few drafts too, but I find it quite boring.
  • xGeorgeSmithx

You're welcome, I'm looking forward to the first weekend league as well.

I'm sure you will still be able to compete even with a below average team but let's hope you have a decent team!
  • chokosc
    2376 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hopefully this year I will actually have time to play in some weekends! Really missed out on this last FIFA due to Uni.
  • Dasco
    5812 posts Moderator
    Definitely need a top 100 wall of fame. Will be filled with Gary, Mini & Jiggly for sure.
  • YaaDon
    1425 posts Professional
    Will see how it goes , looking forward to it and hopefully will stay at the elite ranks section like Fifa17 :sunglasses:
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    Dasco wrote: »
    Definitely need a top 100 wall of fame. Will be filled with Gary, Mini & Jiggly for sure.

Good idea, I had one post available and how better to give a little appreciation to these guys!
  • Mini_Miudo

Hopefully. :lol:
  • SimmoEFC
    10653 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't forget about me!

Had a break from FIFA but I'll be back for 18 :p
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    SimmoEFC wrote: »
    Don't forget about me!

Had a break from FIFA but I'll be back for 18 :p

Recharging the batteries for this year!
  • ha032742
    27611 posts Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Dasco and I got top 100 already :trollface:

Only downhill from here on in (for me) :#
  • Lynchu
    951 posts An Exciting Prospect
    should be a fun year, and by that i mean one full of rage and salt
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    edited September 2017
    @Dasco

What's the chances of giving this a sticky? Just now or once the game is released?
    Lynchu wrote: »
    should be a fun year, and by that i mean one full of rage and salt

A few broken pads I would imagine by a few people!
  • Dasco
    5812 posts Moderator
    @xGeorgeSmithx

Was planning to make a thread shortly about that. Did a similar one last year to gauge what threads people would like announced.

Honestly don't think the WL thread needs a sticky, it was one of the most popular threads on the forum nevermind the pscc section and there's a wl section too. I guess we'll see once input is provided. (I'll make the thread tomorrow)

What I do want to do is create an archive of "must see" PlayStation threads, provided they're well maintained of course. It's a better long term solution as there's a lot of threads that can be stickied, but that doesn't always help a threads activity and nor does a clutter of stickies either. It's a tough balance!
  • Mini_Miudo
    I agree, too many stickys just becomes annoying. Not to say the WL thread isn't deserving, but it was really active on '17 and never got lost despite not being a sticky so it's not a necessity.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    edited September 2017
    @xGeorgeSmithx

Was planning to make a thread shortly about that. Did a similar one last year to gauge what threads people would like announced.

Honestly don't think the WL thread needs a sticky, it was one of the most popular threads on the forum nevermind the pscc section and there's a wl section too. I guess we'll see once input is provided. (I'll make the thread tomorrow)

What I do want to do is create an archive of "must see" PlayStation threads, provided they're well maintained of course. It's a better long term solution as there's a lot of threads that can be stickied, but that doesn't always help a threads activity and nor does a clutter of stickies either. It's a tough balance!

To be fair now that you've put it that way I agree with your thinking and it's a very good idea on your behalf.

You have my word that this will be maintained. I hope to get a few people interacting by providing teams and custom tactics to help give ideas to other people who aren't as good at the game as some others. I know a few of the guys here are willing to help others if you're going to listen!

I've also got the other sections (posts) as you can see just so people can see how fellow forum users are doing in the Weekend League. I also added in your idea of the Wall of Fame as well.
  • Can we have a 'Worst Ranking/Finish' too so i get some publicity? :D
  • Pxul_
    3315 posts National Call-Up
    Can we have a 'Worst Ranking/Finish' too so i get some publicity? :D

this making it after playing all 40 games aswell
  • Pxul_ wrote: »
    Can we have a 'Worst Ranking/Finish' too so i get some publicity? :D

this making it after playing all 40 games aswell

Cant all be as good as you mate ;)