What's stopping EA?

P1tch_1nvaderz88
3630 posts National Call-Up
I Know not every league/team is in the game. But what's stopping EA at least having team strips and badges of the teams that aren't in the game. For example, my local team dunfermline (who I support also) aren't in the game sadly, being in the Scottish championship...I accept that there not in it, but let me use their strip and badge EA :'(

Not asking for much really

Comments

• Retro_G
    11231 posts Has That Special Something
    Would cost them money mate, to get the license to use the Dunfermline kits, badge.
  • woggyboy86
    1199 posts Professional
    All about the $$$ maybe after a few more million dollars of profit they'll add a few more leagues
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Surely not that much tho guys, I mean. It's not even the squad I'm wanting. Just the kits and badge :'(
    I'd like to use them at least once before I get too old for this game lol
  • Retro_G
    11231 posts Has That Special Something
    Surely not that much tho guys, I mean. It's not even the squad I'm wanting. Just the kits and badge :'(

Never too old for a game of Fifa. I doubt it would cost them much for the license, although wouldn't make sense from a business perspective.
  • Jobiwan
    508 posts Sunday League Hero

Your just gonna have to hope they get promoted cause i cant see them paying out for more stuff more likely just keeping it the way it is. Are they one of the better teams in that league?
  • woggyboy86
    1199 posts Professional
    Won't cost them much but the way EA look at it they won't make anything from it. If getting that kit made more people buy the game then yes but they have enough people buying the game to fill their pockets enough to be satisfied
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Jobiwan wrote: »

Your just gonna have to hope they get promoted cause i cant see them paying out for more stuff more likely just keeping it the way it is. Are they one of the better teams in that league?

Joint top atm @Jobiwan
    We have a good chance to go up if we keep playing the way we have been
  • Persevere80
    719 posts Sunday League Hero
    I know how you feel. I've patiently waited for hibs since 2014. I remember signing a petition when hibs, hearts and rangers were down in the championship. EA are not interested in afraid.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    I know how you feel. I've patiently waited for hibs since 2014. I remember signing a petition when hibs, hearts and rangers were down in the championship. EA are not interested in afraid.

Such a shame. Especially for the fans that's teams aren't in the game. They only need to make them available for FUT. Especially this season too....it's the first season in ages that I've liked both home and away strips. I'd use Scotland if they weren't so rank
  • Ishibum
    8455 posts League Winner

Such a shame. Especially for the fans that's teams aren't in the game. They only need to make them available for FUT. Especially this season too....it's the first season in ages that I've liked both home and away strips. I'd use Scotland if they weren't so rank

The Scotland home kit basically clashes with everything. The away is awful
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Ishibum wrote: »

Yeah it's the away I hate @Ishibum ....it's just awful.
  • Ishibum
    8455 posts League Winner

My wife's old team played in a similar kit :lol:
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88

The only team that has pulled of a decent pink kit is juventus lol
  • Ishibum
    8455 posts League Winner

The only team that has pulled of a decent pink kit is juventus lol

Palermo would disagree ;)
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Nah there's is meh :D
  • falcon38
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    IMO every club should give EA license to use their kit/badge for super cheap or even free. Club is not gonna make much money out of it so why not let the fans enjoy using kit/badges.
  • Ishibum
    8455 posts League Winner
    falcon38 wrote: »
    IMO every club should give EA license to use their kit/badge for super cheap or even free. Club is not gonna make much money out of it so why not let the fans enjoy using kit/badges.

While I appreciate your utopian mindset, the real world doesn't work like that. Intellectual property has value... you don't just let people use it.
  • Gazza74
    950 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 13
    As others have said, it`s all about $$$ unfortunately.
    Iceland were not in Fifa 17 as the developers offered the Iceland FA 15k US to include themin the game, which they declined as they thought the price was not enough.
    Maybe they should offer the scottish FA 20 bucks to use their kits and badges in the lower leagues or do it for free as it`ll be the only way most of these sides in the lower leagues will get a look in.
  • falcon38

While I appreciate your utopian mindset, the real world doesn't work like that. Intellectual property has value... you don't just let people use it.

well what I meant by every club is those lower league clubs like OP asked for (not those big clubs like Man UTD, Real and so on) I see no harm for those small league teams to give out those licenses ... I mean how much they will make out of it from EA if it's only a kits/badges
  • hayhor1
    9580 posts League Winner

well what I meant by every club is those lower league clubs like OP asked for (not those big clubs like Man UTD, Real and so on) I see no harm for those small league teams to give out those licenses ... I mean how much they will make out of it from EA if it's only a kits/badges

More than 0.
  • falcon38
    hayhor1 wrote: »

More than 0.

then maybe a $1 for each club :wink:

I simply want this to happen because I change my kits on regular basis so more selection is always better but tbh I don't really care :smile:

anyway anyone know how much EA actually pay more those license????
  • Ishibum
    8455 posts League Winner

More than 0.

I simply want this to happen because I change my kits on regular basis so more selection is always better but tbh I don't really care :smile:

Well they offered Iceland 15k for their kit/badge

I'll humour you on this (rather than just say your idea for clubs to give for free is silly). Won't happen and here's why. The licensing will either need to be done with the league body or with individual clubs themselves. If with the league body, it is in their interest to be seen to be protecting their brand... giving stuff away for free devalues it. While you have the counter argument that you're increasing brand recognition, it is a tough sell to put to 10-18 clubs in a division (and have a majority agreement). If they have to go on a club by club basis, you're talking about drafting up legally binding contracts in dozens of countries. Some clubs will invariably ask for more money than others (so that's additional negotiation) with the potential for some clubs to then turn round and demand more money for their image rights. All of this isn't even taking into account the fact that the return on all this hassle is the mild contentment of a minority of fans. Most of the folk who buy Fifa want their Barca/Bayern/Man U kits... they don't give two hoots about the likes of Dunfermline, or Peñarol.

It sucks but there is zero business sense for them to go down that rabbit hole
  • falcon38

More than 0.

I'll humour you on this (rather than just say your idea for clubs to give for free is silly). Won't happen and here's why. The licensing will either need to be done with the league body or with individual clubs themselves. If with the league body, it is in their interest to be seen to be protecting their brand... giving stuff away for free devalues it. While you have the counter argument that you're increasing brand recognition, it is a tough sell to put to 10-18 clubs in a division (and have a majority agreement). If they have to go on a club by club basis, you're talking about drafting up legally binding contracts in dozens of countries. Some clubs will invariably ask for more money than others (so that's additional negotiation) with the potential for some clubs to then turn round and demand more money for their image rights. All of this isn't even taking into account the fact that the return on all this hassle is the mild contentment of a minority of fans. Most of the folk who buy Fifa want their Barca/Bayern/Man U kits... they don't give two hoots about the likes of Dunfermline, or Peñarol.

my head fully understand why this is VERY unlikely to happen like you explained very nicely but whenever someone looking for the kit/badge of their supporting club this happens :wink:

EA sell the kit/badges for fifa points (make it untradable). That way both EA and respected club can make profit out of it while fans get what they ask for. Still not gonna happen as EA won't be bother with small profit but that was the solution I came up with back in fifa 16?15? when someone opened up the post regarding this

• Ishibum
    8455 posts League Winner

More than 0.

my head fully understand why this is VERY unlikely to happen like you explained very nicely but whenever someone looking for the kit/badge of their supporting club this happens :wink:

EA sell the kit/badges for fifa points (make it untradable). That way both EA and respected club can make profit out of it while fans get what they ask for. Still not gonna happen as EA won't be bother with small profit but that was the solution I came up with back in fifa 16?15? when someone opened up the post regarding this

While you're correct in saying it will never happen, I actually really like that idea tbh.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88

More than 0.

While you're correct in saying it will never happen, I actually really like that idea tbh.

Yes! Lol