The way Fifa17 treats me

WounderWaffe
25 posts Last Pick at the Park
It's weird how I always used to be in league 2 and win my average matches, and now am struggling with loss streak in league 4 ?! i feel and i know that most of my opponents are noobs but they still can win, my players just miss ez shots in the bar, or off net, or opponent goalkeeper simply blocks legendery shots or my goalkeeper just miss ez saves, i don't understand why this is happening to me!!! i excell on my opponents in 90mins but he still wins with 1 shot while my 20 shots are just wasted in an impossible scenario to happen ! in min90 kimmich was 1v1 with goal keep but still shoot smart shot off bar however in normal or average it should be 100% goal ! i don't understand why and how this is happening! this game is truly frustrating

this is a screenshot of my struggle ! this is some of my matches i didnt screenshot all of them, is there a way to retrieve old matches stats???

34GlSSM.png

shoots: 19me : 3 him
shoots in between bars : 9me : 2 him
possession: 59%me : 41% him
ball cut: 16 me : 9 him
corners : 5 me : 0 him
accuracy of shots: 56%me : 66% him
accuracy of passes: 90% me : 85% him

nobody says he had more accurat shots thats why he won! i used to excell in league 2 means there is noway i would lose half of my shots off bar just for no reason. even his both goals entered my net in a very weird way! goalkeeper blocks it and the ball just reflects into bar and gets in, or similar scenario.

i really don't understand am totally done from this game i can't beat 20 players including my opponents luck!

Comments

• I have experienced that too, i selected match making options to match my team's skill level too.
    but it seems like if the game wants you to loose, no matter how hard you try you will loose.

you will not get good through passes, but your opponent will make almost all the passes to work, and your defender can't do anything.
    you'll miss easy shots, your player's reaction time will be slow.

as if like its not you playing the game but the game is making you play.

****, no point playing such a game and get frustrated, no more fifa 17 for me, moving to PES.
  • WounderWaffe
    edited September 7
    Bali_SM wrote: »
    I have experienced that too, i selected match making options to match my team's skill level too.
    but it seems like if the game wants you to loose, no matter how hard you try you will loose.

you will not get good through passes, but your opponent will make almost all the passes to work, and your defender can't do anything.
    you'll miss easy shots, your player's reaction time will be slow.

as if like its not you playing the game but the game is making you play.

****, no point playing such a game and get frustrated, no more fifa 17 for me, moving to PES.

lmao bro, you said exactly what am trying to explain, i guess am following you either. i was calling for a month if there is a patch for fifa17 and nobody reply or nobody cares.....

am really glad that some1 shares my pain and understand my struggle
  • U THILLY GOOTH!
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    yep, was having same issue past couple days and then it finally cycled out. Had a run of about 8-10 matches where I was dominating and just nothing. It goes in cycles though, I guess. Be a few days where you'll play well and lose, and then it seems to switch. Where the other person you're playing is probably thinking what is my team doing! lol ...

I'm not a very good best player (div4-6 player), but more-times-than-not when I do get beat do I go "This guy is clearly much better than me". It always seems to come down to which team is getting the shot to go in versus it not. (duh). I do come up against those guys that are clearly better, and that never bothers me though. I guess this is all part of the problem with a game that uses a huge amount of input from AI to determine it's outcome.

I had this one I posted the other day, and it was the most I've ever dominated a game yet lost. Made me laugh though because you know what's happening.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/5785084#Comment_5785084

• AreGrande
    578 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yep, this happens on a regular basis. The "loss-cycle" is an abomination and should not be a part of any game.
  • Cooler08
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 8
    What's worse, the "lose-cycle" wasn't in FIFA in the PS3/360 era. You could play the game, although sometimes luck was involved, the outcome of a match was largely determined by a players skill, strategy and level of concentration. These mechanics of yo-yo AI have been put in the PS4/XBONE FIFA.

• BSDShoes
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    The forced loss is part of all next gen EA Sports games, it's brutal in the NHL series.
  • This looks familiar to me, It's why I started to hate Fifa 17 and why I'm in doubt of buying Fifa 18. There are games you can't win. No matter how good you are. Very frustrating.
  • fairplr
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    back to fifa 13 imy opponent was excellent and i wasn't that good then(still
  • fairplr
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    -his deffender scored in his own goal two times
  • WounderWaffe
    Moody2204 wrote: »
    This looks familiar to me, It's why I started to hate Fifa 17 and why I'm in doubt of buying Fifa 18. There are games you can't win. No matter how good you are. Very frustrating.

i know exactly what you are talking about. look at this ! i did like un-blockable shots. and his goalkeeper magically could save them. however, he shoots stupid shots on my goal and my goal keeper still can't block them. just look at corners and possession and fouls u will know how far i was actually controlling the game. but his players still didn't lose any single stamina despite the hilarious possession and controlling of balls. in real games, the teams with less possession should be more tired cuz they try harder to get the ball but in fifa17 realmadrid players ronaldo and bale just run like a god damn machines without even being exhausted

yBY4xQ7.png
  • Amicus83
    477 posts Sunday League Hero
    It happens, your opponent had fewer shots but a better hit to miss ratio & a slightly higher shot accuracy. From the 27 shots you had, I gather most of them weren't taken from a prime position plus your team morale will drop a little if you pepper them over meaning you may miss a few more that follow.
    I've won quite a few games where I've had fewer shots but better build up & accuracy.
  • Do you work for EA Sports mate
  • Amicus83
    477 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 15
    Do you work for EA Sports mate

No, lol. Why do you ask?
    I've just been playing this for a while, started online play with 06 & noticing the changes.
    Post edited by Amicus83 on
  • WounderWaffe
    Amicus83 wrote: »
    It happens, your opponent had fewer shots but a better hit to miss ratio & a slightly higher shot accuracy. From the 27 shots you had, I gather most of them weren't taken from a prime position plus your team morale will drop a little if you pepper them over meaning you may miss a few more that follow.
    I've won quite a few games where I've had fewer shots but better build up & accuracy.

lmao you are saying very shallow and noobish stuff m8, do u think 8% or 10% accuracy makes you win?? or do u even shot accuracy depends on your skill? i had a 1v1 with goalkeeper and shot it on the right side of my player= left leg. p.s: my player is left legged "j.alba" however he shot the ball meters away from the 2 bars despite being very very close from the net xD

how much hours do you have on online MM ? spend more hours and you might understand
  • Korthan
    2152 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 15
    I just played two EA Cup matches. Dominated both and won the first won 2-0 although EA kept it at 0-0 until the second half. I use Dortmund.

In the second match, the opponent was slightly better but if anything I was even more dominant in possession, movement and absolutely BOMBARDED the goal with shots but nothing went in. EA is so far up Manuel Neuer's backside it's embarrassing.

This continued until extra time and then in the second period of extra time his Lewandowski gets a through pass, he holds down the muscle button so I can't shake him off the ball (of course!) then has a shot which goes in.

- I was the better player by light years. I should have been 5-0 ahead AT LEAST

- EA blatantly match-fixed this game, rubber-banded me until the inevitable gifted goal against my tired defence kicked in. I knew it was coming.

- and yet again in 17 the crappy goal was a pinged through ball, back to the bad old days of 12-13 when rubbish players would keep pinging through passes and your entire defence would be caught out.

I only bought this game two weeks ago
    and thought I was enjoying it overall despite the usual flaws, even the matches which you are meant to lose in FUT and normal Seasons, I have been overcoming and winning (mostly, not always).

But tonight was a different matter, this was match-fixing on another level, tonight's match goes straight into my memory's top ten of all time unfair and rigged matches. Yes, that's how bad it was. If I had an audience of people who didn't play video games they would be laughing or they would be shocked at how fixed and unfair it is.

I don't even care about being banned for posting this because it's all true and EA know it's true. In two matches I was playing against the game engine as well as the opponent and in the second match they made the goalkeeper invincible so I could not score.

Joke of a game.
  • Korthan
    Went back and played the EA Cup again after last night's rant, lost 0-1 after clearly being the superior player again (opponent was decent but the stats and general play showed I deserved to win) and I didn't even rage quit - I gave the game every chance to prove its fairness and I got done over again.

The goal I conceded was in the first minute and it felt like one of those wind/force-assisted goals you get at the start of some matches. Yeah you know the one, when it seems a quick goal is 'inevitable'.

Tried again after that, got matched against weak opponent, put his controller down at 3-0 to me, but by then the damage was done - I took little pleasure from beating a poor opponent even though I scored two excellent goals because I should have won the previous two matches.

I don't trust the EA Cup now, it makes me lose when I am the better player constantly. I thought things only got this bad in FUT.
  • WounderWaffe
    Korthan wrote: »
    I just played two EA Cup matches. Dominated both and won the first won 2-0 although EA kept it at 0-0 until the second half. I use Dortmund.

In the second match, the opponent was slightly better but if anything I was even more dominant in possession, movement and absolutely BOMBARDED the goal with shots but nothing went in. EA is so far up Manuel Neuer's backside it's embarrassing.

This continued until extra time and then in the second period of extra time his Lewandowski gets a through pass, he holds down the muscle button so I can't shake him off the ball (of course!) then has a shot which goes in.

- I was the better player by light years. I should have been 5-0 ahead AT LEAST

- EA blatantly match-fixed this game, rubber-banded me until the inevitable gifted goal against my tired defence kicked in. I knew it was coming.

- and yet again in 17 the crappy goal was a pinged through ball, back to the bad old days of 12-13 when rubbish players would keep pinging through passes and your entire defence would be caught out.

I only bought this game two weeks ago
    and thought I was enjoying it overall despite the usual flaws, even the matches which you are meant to lose in FUT and normal Seasons, I have been overcoming and winning (mostly, not always).

But tonight was a different matter, this was match-fixing on another level, tonight's match goes straight into my memory's top ten of all time unfair and rigged matches. Yes, that's how bad it was. If I had an audience of people who didn't play video games they would be laughing or they would be shocked at how fixed and unfair it is.

I don't even care about being banned for posting this because it's all true and EA know it's true. In two matches I was playing against the game engine as well as the opponent and in the second match they made the goalkeeper invincible so I could not score.

Joke of a game.

dude , you are talking exactly what is in my heart! i just lost twice in fifa shield cup, first match had ultra control over game but his goalkeeper was godly !
    2nd match , i had 70% possession - 4 balls vs bar, full controll over game. in last 20 mins he made 3 runs counter attack with ronaldo with 3 goals! i don't even know why his team is not even exhausted despite the full possession of the ball! my attackers where playing very stupidly and hiding and just doing nothing , check this post: http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/306228/8-reasons-why-possession-is-useless-in-this-game#latest
  • Korthan
    dude , you are talking exactly what is in my heart! i just lost twice in fifa shield cup, first match had ultra control over game but his goalkeeper was godly !
    2nd match , i had 70% possession - 4 balls vs bar, full controll over game. in last 20 mins he made 3 runs counter attack with ronaldo with 3 goals! i don't even know why his team is not even exhausted despite the full possession of the ball! my attackers where playing very stupidly and hiding and just doing nothing , check this post: http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/306228/8-reasons-why-possession-is-useless-in-this-game#latest

lol yes I know that experience. Also Real Madrid + average/rubbish players = hard time for the rest of us.
  • EA_Leeloo
    382 posts EA Moderator
    edited September 18
    Hey guys,

I closed this thread because the conversation turned into a discussion of scripting in FIFA which is against the forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.