433 4 users?

xEvoStevo
184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Hi guys,

I was looking for some advise on this formation. I currently play a 4321, with default tactics and struggling at times to keep a clean sheet and score. I was looking to try a new formation, preferably one where I can get the most out of Pogba.

I noticed that whenever I play people using the 433(4) formation, they manage to keep the ball very well, and somehow keep a solid defence, even though they only have 2 central mods for cover.

Does anyone have any good customs tactics and player instructions for this formation? And is it worth using in weekend league, or is it better to just stick with the 4321?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Comments

• strings79
    1330 posts Professional
    I use TOTS Khedira and TOTS Biglia as my cms have Khedira default and biglia stay back while attacking seems to work well for me
  • xEvoStevo
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you keep a lot of clean sheets with only 1 midfielder staying back?
  • bigpokey24
    1874 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 17
    i switched to this formation yesterday, and my goodness I had a blast.. attack, attack ..had both CMs on stay back, agg int and edge of box... in one game i had 31 shots, I had 71% possession
  • Izzy2K17
    10630 posts Has That Special Something
    xEvoStevo wrote: »

Yeah I keep one midfielder to stay back (both fullbacks too) and have no problems defending. It helps to have one CDM or B2B "engine midfielder" (Vidal, Naingolan, Matuidi, etc) and another more offensive midfielder that can still help defend (Modric, POTM Alli, Hamsik)

You have to defend a lot with the CMs so you should have a solid CM on the bench to sub in just in case. You might not keep clean sheets but there is very many chances created with the formation so scoring shouldn't be an issue once you get used to it
  • strings79
    1330 posts Professional
    xEvoStevo wrote: »

No but I usually outscore my opponent TOTS Dzeko is great in this formation
  • Nokesy28
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have both cms to stay back while attacking and your cam stay forward. My favourite formation