Frostbite needs to be binned!!!

MacDaddy
577 posts Sunday League Hero
Worst FIFA ever! Just scroll through the forum, everyone is upset! We gotta blame something!

Comments

  • RadioShaq
    10732 posts Moderator
    If you go by the forum it's hardly the worst. Some years the forum was actually worse. Most declared 16 dead in October.
  • BistroXII
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    This forum is only a small percentage of the people that play FIFA and it's mainly hardcore players that play a lot and probably too much. Many people that play the game don't care that much and just play it for a bit of fun. They wouldn't even know about half the stuff people talk about on here.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    734 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 10
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    If you go by the forum it's hardly the worst. Some years the forum was actually worse. Most declared 16 dead in October.

    Comparing FIFA16 to FIFA17 is laughable, 16 had a much bigger skillgap there's more people complaining about FIFA17 than any other FIFA the fact PRO's complain about the gameplay so much on Twitter constantly proves how bad it is. :D

  • RadioShaq
    10732 posts Moderator
    Every poll last year was negative. This year you can find some that were over 50 percent that like the game. Youtubers and pros had people vote in the big thread in 16 to say it was over in October. Every year this place is negative so having some polls be positive is really saying something. 16 was by far the most beat up by the forums though.
  • maksi
    3205 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 10
    BistroXII wrote: »
    This forum is only a small percentage of the people that play FIFA and it's mainly hardcore players that play a lot and probably too much. Many people that play the game don't care that much and just play it for a bit of fun. They wouldn't even know about half the stuff people talk about on here.
    What you don't realize that casuals players play the game because it's popular with hardcore players that made it such
  • MacDaddy
    577 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 17
    Waiting for [edited - please no naming & shaming] to come along and say GIT GUD, and leave everyone butthurt and upset the **** lol
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • TacticalTugTeam
    734 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FIFA17 has the smallest skillgap in years FIFA16, 15 & 14 every one before it didn't have Auto AI Defending like FIFA17 has.
  • RadioShaq
    10732 posts Moderator
    A lot of people like a smaller skill gap though. Last year also had chem gate that even hit news sites. 15 was proabably right behind it with the inflation and coin selling market down price ranges. Then the older fifas oh how people complained eventually ran the devs off the forum. Good to see ea came back to the forums this year.
  • BistroXII
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 11
    maksi wrote: »
    BistroXII wrote: »
    This forum is only a small percentage of the people that play FIFA and it's mainly hardcore players that play a lot and probably too much. Many people that play the game don't care that much and just play it for a bit of fun. They wouldn't even know about half the stuff people talk about on here.
    What you don't realize that casuals players play the game because it's popular with hardcore players that made it such

    My comment is that this forum represents a small % of FIFA players. Whether casual players play the game because hardcore players made it such is irrelevant.

    And your point is debatable and maybe hardcore players had some influence on the game in the past. But that is also hard to quantify, and everybody likes to think they have influence and some hardcore players think they own the game. However, in the present moment this game remains popular because of widespread, and million dollar marketing and the continued improvement of the product.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    734 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    A lot of people like a smaller skill gap though. Last year also had chem gate that even hit news sites. 15 was proabably right behind it with the inflation and coin selling market down price ranges. Then the older fifas oh how people complained eventually ran the devs off the forum. Good to see ea came back to the forums this year.

    The skillgap on FIFA17 is the smallest in years that's not a good thing end of even the PRO players complain.

    The Ai Shouldn't do most of the work, AI Defending ruins FIFA17 especially the auto blocks, tackles inside the box FIFA17 has been a shitfest I honestly can't see FIFA18 being any worse.
  • Aqeel87
    1092 posts Professional
    FIFA17 has the smallest skillgap in years FIFA16, 15 & 14 every one before it didn't have Auto AI Defending like FIFA17 has.

  • Nimmer
    439 posts Sunday League Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    If you go by the forum it's hardly the worst. Some years the forum was actually worse. Most declared 16 dead in October.

    I don't think the game play is much different from 16 to 17. Both have a tiny skill gap and OTT AI assistance. the only difference is Fifa17 has much more features (namely, FUT Champs and SBC's). If fifa 17 didn't have these great features, it would also have been dead by October, like fifa 16.

    I wish EA would realise that the more they encourage the player to let the AI do all the defending, the more "samey" and predictable each game becomes. After 1,000+ games, this starts to feel really boring.
  • RadioShaq
    10732 posts Moderator
    The easiest way to tell is make a thread asking for all of online to force manual offense to make the skill gap larger. Like I've said before I am all for it but the community is not. They just want the game made easier not balance the game out with full manual. I would say less than one percent play manual offense.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    734 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 13
    Nimmer wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    If you go by the forum it's hardly the worst. Some years the forum was actually worse. Most declared 16 dead in October.

    I don't think the game play is much different from 16 to 17. Both have a tiny skill gap and OTT AI assistance. the only difference is Fifa17 has much more features (namely, FUT Champs and SBC's). If fifa 17 didn't have these great features, it would also have been dead by October, like fifa 16.

    I wish EA would realise that the more they encourage the player to let the AI do all the defending, the more "samey" and predictable each game becomes. After 1,000+ games, this starts to feel really boring.

    FIFA16 & FIFA17 were both completely different in terms of gameplay! :D The AI didn't make auto blocks for yourself & opponent in FIFA16 & skill moves were far more effective & dribbling was so much better on FIFA16 if you knew the dribbling mechanics you could easily punish bad Defending, FIFA16 had a bigger skillgap than FIFA17 for sure.
  • MacDaddy
    577 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 14
    I agree with TacticalTugTeam
  • I agree with tacticalTugTeam frostbite is freezing the game making everything slow and later in the game they show Frostbite and say EA it's in the game. Improve Frostbite or remove making everything slow freezing everything football game not first person shooter like Battlefield.
  • IVIRCATALYST
    1258 posts Professional
    I actually liked 17 aside from the bugs and the **** gameplay...17 is eye-candy compared to the past games
  • FIFAjunkee
    63 posts Park Captain
    edited July 17
    MacDaddy wrote: »
    Waiting for [edited - please no naming & shaming] to come along and say GIT GUD, and leave everyone butthurt and upset the **** lol

    :smiley:
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • Icosa_Gaming
    5896 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 17
    git gud

    MacDaddy wrote: »
    Waiting for [edited - please no naming & shaming] to come along and say GIT GUD, and leave everyone butthurt and upset the **** lol

    Never fail to dissappoint.
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • youngevans
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    MacDaddy wrote: »
    Worst FIFA ever! Just scroll through the forum, everyone is upset! We gotta blame something!

    Exactly everyone is upset! Fifa 17 was been spoilt with updates. And now gameplay is soo poor and unrealistic
  • youngevans
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    If you go by the forum it's hardly the worst. Some years the forum was actually worse. Most declared 16 dead in October.

    Comparing FIFA16 to FIFA17 is laughable, 16 had a much bigger skillgap there's more people complaining about FIFA17 than any other FIFA the fact PRO's complain about the gameplay so much on Twitter constantly proves how bad it is. :D

    Exactly, well said
  • maksi
    3205 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 16
    I actually liked 17 aside from the bugs and the **** gameplay...17 is eye-candy compared to the past games
    i rather have fifa with PS3 graphics and no input delay

    gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>> graphics
  • MacDaddy
    577 posts Sunday League Hero
    That guy makes my day "GIT GUD"
  • BSDShoes
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA 15 was strangely popular because players liked the Usain Bolt speed of the game, FIFA 16 was dead indeed, it fell way off the top 10 games stream lists, and FIFA 17 wasn't widely popular either. FIFA 17 was straight up no fun to play online, CM was bad too (top players were benched most of the time!!!). EA needs to take examples from FIFA 10 and 14 and make this great again, otherwise it's PES this year again for me (PES 2017 gameplay was incredible).
  • MacDaddy
    577 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA just can't get it right LOL
Sign In or Register to comment.