Is PES a good alternative for this 'game'

13
Arto13
1 posts Ball Boy
I'm tired of this simulation, it isn't a game anymore when the AI decides if your team will win or not. It doesn't make sence to play anymore. Are there any PES players in here and is it a good alternative?

Comments

  • fdemey
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you don't mind the lack of licences and you're mainly interested in the football aspect (not fut, and other gimmicks) then you'll have to put in some time to get used to it. But after a while, you'll definitely appreciate it.

    Either way, it never hurts to give it a try.
  • Wi1son73
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was a pes fanboy for years.. the online part of it was dreadful!! Sure it's a lot better now.. that alone puts me off converting back over to pes
  • bjornheisenberg
    993 posts An Exciting Prospect
    pes is good offline better than fifa by some way.

    but i prefer online play over offline play and couldnt do without my fix.
  • Cooler08
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    I was a pes fanboy for years.. the online part of it was dreadful!! Sure it's a lot better now.. that alone puts me off converting back over to pes

    What's dreadful about the online in PES? The lag or the game modes?
  • bjornheisenberg
    993 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Both
    same problems as fifa re delay.

    the modes dont attract enough players.
  • BistroXII
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    fdemey wrote: »
    If you don't mind the lack of licences and you're mainly interested in the football aspect (not fut, and other gimmicks) then you'll have to put in some time to get used to it. But after a while, you'll definitely appreciate it.

    Either way, it never hurts to give it a try.

    Good point, just try it. You can get the MyClub part of PES for free. I play it and love the gameplay and like people have said graphics and licences let it down but I'm sure that will improve in future. It takes getting used to after playing FIFA because it's totally different. But there are some good articles out there if you want tips and if you play for a while you get used to it.
  • Macspaguer
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Rocket League
  • Arto13
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Thanks for the tips guys, unfortunately I only play online (fut) but i'll give it a try. Cant get any worse than fifa
  • RadioShaq
    8323 posts League Winner
    Best to pop over to a pes forum. It's basically all the same complaints. The one different complaint is all goals are scored by heading.
  • Saviro
    49 posts Park Captain
    PES can fk off lol $60 to play with barcelona .. rite
  • Cooler08
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    Saviro wrote: »
    PES can fk off lol $60 to play with barcelona .. rite

    Equally, you could say the same about FIFA as all teams play the same way.

    What's more important, teams playing style individuality or licences.

  • Saviro
    49 posts Park Captain
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    Saviro wrote: »
    PES can fk off lol $60 to play with barcelona .. rite

    Equally, you could say the same about FIFA as all teams play the same way.

    What's more important, teams playing style individuality or licences.

    Licenses and graphics a must , clearly FIFA with Frostbite kills PES . This is what happens when you pay millions to get a single club license so then you gotta beg for money after. This year UEFA contract expires , if they don't renew it they pretty much have no licensed leagues, might as well pay more millions to barcelona and make a catalonian league or something
  • TacticalTugTeam
    612 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA17 is the worst FIFA in years however PES is.... not touching that with a barge pole.
  • BistroXII
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes, licences are important but I care more about gameplay and I liked the PES gameplay this year. But even with licences half the time when I'm playing career mode I'm using youth players and re-gens anyway and it doesn't make much difference to me. I mostly play UT and CM but in H2H your mostly playing against RM and Barca anyway. I fully understand the licencing argument and it's better to have them but if the gameplay is crap who cares. And with PES you either like it or you don't, as for me I like it and already got my pre-order in for PES2018.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    612 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 20
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Yes, licences are important but I care more about gameplay and I liked the PES gameplay this year. But even with licences half the time when I'm playing career mode I'm using youth players and re-gens anyway and it doesn't make much difference to me. I mostly play UT and CM but in H2H your mostly playing against RM and Barca anyway. I fully understand the licencing argument and it's better to have them but if the gameplay is crap who cares. And with PES you either like it or you don't, as for me I like it and already got my pre-order in for PES2018.

    How are you mostly playing Against Real Madrid in Head2Head?... if you're on about FIFA17 that's not true at all.. Choose a 4* or below star team and you'll never be matched against Real Madrid.

    I go random 5* Teams in Head2Head and I come up against Man United, & Bayern the most it's all random 5* teams tbh.
  • daviec
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Yes, licences are important but I care more about gameplay and I liked the PES gameplay this year. But even with licences half the time when I'm playing career mode I'm using youth players and re-gens anyway and it doesn't make much difference to me. I mostly play UT and CM but in H2H your mostly playing against RM and Barca anyway. I fully understand the licencing argument and it's better to have them but if the gameplay is crap who cares. And with PES you either like it or you don't, as for me I like it and already got my pre-order in for PES2018.

    How are you mostly playing Against Real Madrid in Head2Head?... if you're on about FIFA17 that's not true at all.. Choose a 4* or below star team and you'll never be matched against Real Madrid.

    I go random 5* Teams in Head2Head and I come up against Man United, & Bayern the most it's all random 5* teams tbh.

    I've had the same experience as the guy you're replying to, I get matched against Barca or Real almost every time.

    That's the same on both PES and FIFA though, and like you said it's easily fixed by using lower rated teams.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    612 posts Sunday League Hero
    daviec wrote: »
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Yes, licences are important but I care more about gameplay and I liked the PES gameplay this year. But even with licences half the time when I'm playing career mode I'm using youth players and re-gens anyway and it doesn't make much difference to me. I mostly play UT and CM but in H2H your mostly playing against RM and Barca anyway. I fully understand the licencing argument and it's better to have them but if the gameplay is crap who cares. And with PES you either like it or you don't, as for me I like it and already got my pre-order in for PES2018.

    How are you mostly playing Against Real Madrid in Head2Head?... if you're on about FIFA17 that's not true at all.. Choose a 4* or below star team and you'll never be matched against Real Madrid.

    I go random 5* Teams in Head2Head and I come up against Man United, & Bayern the most it's all random 5* teams tbh.

    I've had the same experience as the guy you're replying to, I get matched against Barca or Real almost every time.

    That's the same on both PES and FIFA though, and like you said it's easily fixed by using lower rated teams.

    That's strange... When I pick 5* teams I get matched up against all random teams Juventus, Dortmund, even Tottenham.... :/ I had Pes2015 though & I would normally get matched up against Real Madrid or Barcelona that's the only PES I've bought since PES2005 I think.
  • jul1anr1k
    65 posts Park Captain
    Wow, so many ignorant posts and posters in here.

    PES is steadily improving now, after a run of bad games last generation, and PES 2018 have much greater chance at being great than FIFA 18. Can anyone honestly say that FIFA has improved the last few years, or even since FIFA 12? I've bought every FIFA since 98, and I've never had as little fun with a football game than I've had with FIFA for the last few years. The developers are incompetent, don't listen to the community, and only concentrate on FUT, which they've managed to turn into a circus with terrible gameplay.

    And for licencing, option files are easier than ever to install. Not bothered about that in the slightest. The gameplay is what matters in football - people claiming licences are more important than gameplay in football games need serious help.

    I've had my fun with PES 2017 this year - a lot more than with FIFA 17. Will buy PES 2018 as well. FIFA? This year might be the first year I drop it completely, but we'll see.

  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'll probably just get both.
  • ManzGOTIT
    1413 posts Professional
    Licensing is not even an issue anymore lol
    30 mins of your time you have the latest kits and clubs and even classic teams through the OF
    I enjoyed 2017 this year over FIFA, gameplay was enjoyable too
    I might get both this year
  • daviec
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Licensing is not even an issue anymore lol
    30 mins of your time you have the latest kits and clubs and even classic teams through the OF
    I enjoyed 2017 this year over FIFA, gameplay was enjoyable too
    I might get both this year

    Option files don't work on Xbox unfortunately, which is really irritating. Sooner Konami come up with a fix for that the better (I'm aware that the main issue is Microsoft's security settings, but other games have coded in workarounds so there's no reason Konami can't)
  • Cooler08
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 20
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Licensing is not even an issue anymore lol
    30 mins of your time you have the latest kits and clubs and even classic teams through the OF
    I enjoyed 2017 this year over FIFA, gameplay was enjoyable too
    I might get both this year

    There is more to licensing than team names and kits though.

    With licensing, the commentator says the name of the teams, not just at the start of the match, but during the matches, whereas when using an OF with PES they don't. Also, FIFA has FA Cup Replays. For some people that may not matter, but for people who play in English leagues, it's an important factor for authenticity of the cup.

  • silas1980
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 20
    I enjoyed PES 2017 Master League...for a few months. It takes a week or so to truly get used to the game and appreciate it imo. It felt a lot less scripted than FIFA and I don't really know how to explain it but more satisfying when passing, especially long balls, scoring and winning. However, after becoming too good for Top Player difficulty level I moved onto Superstar, and tbh i just no longer enjoyed it, I didn't think what they made more challenging to be realistic or fun.

    I didn't enjoy online at all. People take advantage of the game's flaws, like all games really, but it just wasn't fun to play. MyClub just seemed like an even more tedious version of ultimate team, I didn't bother with it after one game.
  • Saviro
    49 posts Park Captain
    edited May 20
    tbh both games have shitty gameplay , fifa is way too fast and pes is way too slow almost like slow motion . If fifa dont change their current gameplay ill prob wont buy or play neither fifa or pes , japanese and canadians simulating a football game xd
  • BistroXII
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Saviro wrote: »
    tbh both games have shitty gameplay , fifa is way too fast and pes is way too slow almost like slow motion . If fifa dont change their current gameplay ill prob wont buy or play neither fifa or pes , japanese and canadians simulating a football game xd

    Ignorant comment. So what country your from dictates football knowledge and how a football game should be made?



  • ManzGOTIT
    1413 posts Professional
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Licensing is not even an issue anymore lol
    30 mins of your time you have the latest kits and clubs and even classic teams through the OF
    I enjoyed 2017 this year over FIFA, gameplay was enjoyable too
    I might get both this year

    There is more to licensing than team names and kits though.

    With licensing, the commentator says the name of the teams, not just at the start of the match, but during the matches, whereas when using an OF with PES they don't. Also, FIFA has FA Cup Replays. For some people that may not matter, but for people who play in English leagues, it's an important factor for authenticity of the cup.
    You can add the commentary to it so Peter Drury says Everton instead of Merseyside Blue
    However Don't get me wrong I agree with you that it doesn't feel the same, the atmosphere is dull in game and the presentation is dry which FIFA wins all day and is much better in
    Champions League however is a unique experience, shame the rest isn't
  • Cooler08
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 21
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Licensing is not even an issue anymore lol
    30 mins of your time you have the latest kits and clubs and even classic teams through the OF
    I enjoyed 2017 this year over FIFA, gameplay was enjoyable too
    I might get both this year

    There is more to licensing than team names and kits though.

    With licensing, the commentator says the name of the teams, not just at the start of the match, but during the matches, whereas when using an OF with PES they don't. Also, FIFA has FA Cup Replays. For some people that may not matter, but for people who play in English leagues, it's an important factor for authenticity of the cup.
    You can add the commentary to it so Peter Drury says Everton instead of Merseyside Blue
    However Don't get me wrong I agree with you that it doesn't feel the same, the atmosphere is dull in game and the presentation is dry which FIFA wins all day and is much better in
    Champions League however is a unique experience, shame the rest isn't

    Can you add commentary on the console version or PC only?

    How is the commentary created? Is it as clear/natural sounding as an original recording?
  • MysticM
    390 posts Sunday League Hero
    Luving pes2017, i play since release , and now i play 2 footie games, i have never ever had gameplay issues on pes17 like i had on fifa17,
    I get me wl wins and play pes for the rest of the week.

    PES17 has improved my Fifa17 play alot, on pes i can actually play beautifull unlike to fifa, fifa has way more users tho and way quicker matchmaking, but tbh i never had to wait longer then 2 min to find a match.

    And the nice thing about pes matchmaking is that you see your opponements rating before the match(cant back out tho i believe, never tried i like the challenge):)
  • Jarvisrj3004
    61 posts Park Captain
    Anything is better than this garbage. Even fifa 94.
  • BistroXII
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Licensing is not even an issue anymore lol
    30 mins of your time you have the latest kits and clubs and even classic teams through the OF
    I enjoyed 2017 this year over FIFA, gameplay was enjoyable too
    I might get both this year

    There is more to licensing than team names and kits though.

    With licensing, the commentator says the name of the teams, not just at the start of the match, but during the matches, whereas when using an OF with PES they don't. Also, FIFA has FA Cup Replays. For some people that may not matter, but for people who play in English leagues, it's an important factor for authenticity of the cup.
    You can add the commentary to it so Peter Drury says Everton instead of Merseyside Blue
    However Don't get me wrong I agree with you that it doesn't feel the same, the atmosphere is dull in game and the presentation is dry which FIFA wins all day and is much better in
    Champions League however is a unique experience, shame the rest isn't

    One of the first things I do when I get the game is switch the commentary off. It's so boring and repetitive on both games, how anyone can put up with that all year is beyond me.
13
Sign In or Register to comment.