cgoiXvB.png
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    frNt69x.png
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    edited April 25
    Mym8qVH.png

No international tournament is complete without the accompanying sticker album so what international career mode story could be complete without the accompanying sticker album. The official England Football's Coming Home sticker album is now available. There will be a range of stickers covering players and tournaments and you will be able to earn stickers for various events in the thread such as predictions, Anglovision and random free pack giveaways.

You will be able to swap stickers with other users in this thread or trade in stickers to get other stickers. Swaps can be done at any rate you like, for example you might have a rare sticker and swap it with another user for multiple less rare stickers. If you would like to swap a sticker with another user then both users need to send me a PM confirming the deal. However, don't think you need to stick to PMs for negotiating swaps, why not make someone an offer in the thread so that everyone knows about your proposal, if you're lucky then other users might come back with an even better offer for you.

You can also trade in stickers at the following rates:
    • 2 copies on one sticker can be traded in for a random sticker
    • 3 copies of one sticker can be traded in for a sticker of your choice
    • Any 3 stickers can be traded in for a random sticker
    • Any 4 stickers can be traded in for a specific sticker of your choice

To start off with there are 54 players and 18 tournament stickers available so why not get your collection started now with two starter packs consisting of five players. If you want to join in simply let me know and I'll create you sticker album.

You can view the sticker album here.

Post edited by Alastair on
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    edited May 4
    PVNUYxt.png

Predictions for the European Championships will be similar to a 'Last Man Standing' competition. Everyone will predict which team will win selected matches but you will only be able to use each team a limited number of times.

More details about the game are in the round specific sections below but here are some general rules which apply to all rounds:
    • The maximum number of lives you can have at any one time is five.
    • At any time you can trade in three lives to gain one more team of your choice.
    • In qualifying if a group stage match is drawn the away team will be counted as the winner for the purpose of this game.
    • In the finals tournament if a group stage match is drawn the team with the lowest FIFA World ranking on 1/1/17 will be counted as the winner for the purpose of this game.
    • If you do not predict a round of fixtures the first applicable teams you have left alphabetically will be picked.

Qualifying
    During Qualifying England will be playing in a group of six teams. You will have to predict the winning team in every match during the group stage but you may only use each team five times during the thirty matches. Each matchday will feature three matches and depending on what your score is you will gain or lose lives. The breakdown of how you can win or lose lives is as follows:
    • Three correct predictions = Gain one life
    • Two correct predictions = No change in the number of lives
    • One correct prediction = Lose one life
    • Zero correct predictions = Lose one life and the first team alphabetically that you have left to play will be removed from your available teams (in the case that you have multiple plays of a team you will only lose one play)
    If you have less teams than the number you need to play left then you must still predict but you will not be able to get any rewards for a number of correct predictions greater than the number of predictions you made.

You will start off with three lives and once you've run out of lives you are eliminated from the competition.

If there is a tie between users at the end of a competition then the winner will be the one with the highest score (calculated by three times the number of teams remaining + number of lives remaining), then by number of teams remaining, then by number of lives remaining and then by number of correct predictions in the final round they played in. If it is still not possible to separate two users then a tie will be declared.

Finals
    16 teams will qualify for the Finals tournament and will be drawn into four groups. During each group stage matchday you will have to predict three teams who will win. You may only use each team once and teams you use will not be available at any point later on in the tournament. Everyone will start on two lives and depending on your predictions you will win or lose lives. The breakdown of how you can win or lose lives is as follows:
    • Zero correct predictions = Lose one life and the first team alphabetically that you have left to play will be removed from your available teams.
    After the group stage you will have seven teams which you have not yet predicted and a selection of these teams will carry through to the knockout stage. The number of teams you take through will depend on how many lives you earned in the earlier rounds. So if you earned 5 lives you will be able to chose five of your teams to take through to the next round whereas if you earned one life you will only be able to choose one team to take through. You will have to name one of these teams as your Champion team and they will earn double points.
    You will earn points in the knockout rounds depending on how your teams get on. The points awarded for each round will be as follows:
    • Winner = 1000 points
    • Runner Up = 500 points
    • Losing Semi Finalist = 250 points
    • Losing Quarter Finalist = -250 points
    The person with the highest score overall will be crowned the winner. In the event of a tie it will be decided by which round their champion team got to, then number of lives in the group stage, and then counting back through all the rounds to see which user had the most teams playing. If it is still not possible to separate two users then a tie will be declared.
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    edited May 4
    PXBA5G6.png

Predictions for the World Cup will be similar to a 'Last Man Standing' competition. Everyone will predict which team will win selected matches but you will only be able to use each team a limited number of times.

More details about the game are in the round specific sections below but here are some general rules which apply to all rounds:
    • The maximum number of lives you can have at any one time is five.
    • At any time you can trade in three lives to gain one more team of your choice.
    • In qualifying if a group stage match is drawn the away team will be counted as the winner for the purpose of this game.
    • In the finals tournament if a group stage match is drawn the team with the lowest FIFA World ranking on 1/1/17 will be counted as the winner for the purpose of this game.
    • If you do not predict a round of fixtures the first applicable teams you have left alphabetically will be picked.

Qualifying
    During Qualifying England will be playing in a group of six teams. You will have to predict the winning team in every match during the group stage but you may only use each team five times during the thirty matches. Each matchday will feature three matches and depending on what your score is you will gain or lose lives. The breakdown of how you can win or lose lives is as follows:
    • Zero correct predictions = Lose one life and the first team alphabetically that you have left to play will be removed from your available teams (in the case that you have multiple plays of a team you will only lose one play)
    If you have less teams than the number you need to play left then you must still predict but you will not be able to get any rewards for a number of correct predictions greater than the number of predictions you made.

You will start off with three lives and once you've run out of lives you are eliminated from the competition.

If there is a tie between users at the end of a competition then the winner will be the one with the highest score (calculated by three times the number of teams remaining + number of lives remaining), then by number of teams remaining, then by number of lives remaining and then by number of correct predictions in the final round they played in. If it is still not possible to separate two users then a tie will be declared.

Finals
    32 teams will qualify for the Finals tournament and will be drawn into eight groups. During each group stage matchday you will have to predict three teams who will win. For the groups there will be two matches per round of fixtures. The first matchday will involve groups A-D and the second will involve groups E-H. You may only use each team once and teams you use will not be available at any point later on in the tournament. Everyone will start with zero lives and depending on your predictions you will win or lose lives. The breakdown of how you can win or lose lives is as follows:
    • Zero correct predictions = Lose one life and the first team alphabetically that you have left to play will be removed from your available teams.
    After the group stage you will have fourteen teams which you have not yet predicted and a selection of these teams will carry through to the knockout stage. The number of teams you take through will depend on how many lives you earned in the earlier rounds. So if you earned 5 lives you will be able to chose five of your teams to take through to the next round whereas if you earned one life you will only be able to choose one team to take through. Half of your teams need to be from Groups A-D and half from Groups E-H. You will have to name one of these teams as your Champion team and they will earn double points.
    You will earn points in the knockout rounds depending on how your teams get on. The points awarded for each round will be as follows:
    • Winner = 1000 points
    • Runner Up = 500 points
    • Losing Semi Finalist = 250 points
    • Losing Quarter Finalist = -100 points
    • Losing Second Round Team = -500 points
    The person with the highest score overall will be crowned the winner. In the event of a tie it will be decided by which round their champion team got to, then number of lives in the group stage, and then counting back through all the rounds to see which user had the most teams playing. If it is still not possible to separate two users then a tie will be declared.
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    edited May 19
    KdzI8it.png

Three Lions, World in Motion and We're on the Ball are all classic English anthems which have been sung for years but now a new song is needed for a new generation of English football. This is why a national contest has been launched to find the new official anthem of the England football team. The Anglovision Song Contest will run in a similar format to the world famous Eurovision Song Concert with all the songs going head to head in a grand final before a public vote for the winner.

The song can be anything you like as long as it fulfils one simple rule, it can't be overly negative about England. It can be an existing song or one you've invented yourself. To enter it all you have to do is send some basic details such as the name of the song and a video or the lyrics and tune as a PM to @Alastair. You might also want to make a promotional post on this thread advertising the song and telling everyone why they should vote for you.

Once voting opens everyone who has submitted a song, as well as any else who wants to, can send a PM to @Alastair detailing who they will be awarding their votes to. They will vote for their favourite four songs awarding them 5 points, 3 points, 2 points and 1 point respectively.

Whether you think This time we'll get it right as we go All the Way because We've Got the Whole World at Our Feet or wonder How does it feel to be on top of the world? Whether you want to go to Jerusalem or Back Home. Or if you simply are not sure if you should Shout, Sing 4 England, eat a Vindaloo or just trust in Sven Sven Sven. Then this is the contest for you. We'll answer questions such as Is this the way to the World Cup as we find a song for England that will last a generation.

The 2016 contest is now open to submissions.
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    Just in case 1
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    Just in case 2
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    Just in case 3
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    Happy St. George's Day everyone. After years of planning and saying I'll do this CM it's finally happening. I'll be anouncing some special features over the next few days (hence some of the empty reserves) before I start playing properly. :)
  • Greenman019
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    Love the three lions song. Glad to see you started this finally :D

Look forward to it.
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    Love the three lions song. Glad to see you started this finally :D

Look forward to it.

Haha, glad you realise where I got it from. I just felt it was rather apt considering the soon to be announced Anglovision.

Hopefully I can announce the sticker album later today then the predictions and Anglovision over the net few days. :)
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    I'm pleased to announce a brand new feature in the form of a sticker album. It combines the crazy transfer activity of a DTL with all the excitement of completing the World Cup sticker albums as a kid. The only thing that is missing is the joy of ripping open a pack of stickers which you bought on your way home from school but sadly I can't recreate that on the internet. Anyway it is open to anyone so if you want some fun for the next few months then feel free to get involved today.

Alastair wrote: »
    Mym8qVH.png

No international tournament is complete without the accompanying sticker album so what international career mode story could be complete without the accompanying sticker album. The official England Football's Coming Home sticker album is now available. There will be a range of stickers covering players and tournaments and you will be able to earn stickers for various events in the thread such as predictions, Anglovision and random free pack giveaways.

You will be able to swap stickers with other users in this thread or trade in stickers to get other stickers. Swaps can be done at any rate you like, for example you might have a rare sticker and swap it with another user for multiple less rare stickers. If you would like to swap a sticker with another user then both users need to send me a PM confirming the deal. However, don't think you need to stick to PMs for negotiating swaps, why not make someone an offer in the thread so that everyone knows about your proposal, if you're lucky then other users might come back with an even better offer for you.

You can also trade in stickers at the following rates:
    • 2 copies on one sticker can be traded in for a random sticker
    • 3 copies of one sticker can be traded in for a sticker of your choice
    • Any 3 stickers can be traded in for a random sticker
    • Any 4 stickers can be traded in for a specific sticker of your choice

To start off with there are 54 players and 18 tournament stickers available so why not get your collection started now with two starter packs consisting of five players. If you want to join in simply let me know and I'll create you sticker album.

You can view the sticker album here.

• ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck man! :)
    I don't think I'll be able to collect the stickers unfortunately, but I'll surely be following. :)
  • dannyboy
    12198 posts Has That Special Something
    Anglovision? :D
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Good luck man! :)
    I don't think I'll be able to collect the stickers unfortunately, but I'll surely be following. :)

That's a shame, it shouldn't take any longer than a normal prediction league but if you do t think you'll have the time then that's fine. If you change your mind then let me know.

dannyboy wrote: »
    Anglovision? :D

All will be revealed shortly, although unless a few more users are active in the thread I might face to scrap that as it needs at least 5 to work well.
  • subpop
    763 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Interesting.

I will follow this. I'll read it all with calm.

Good luck!
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    subpop wrote: »
    Interesting.

I will follow this. I'll read it all with calm.

Good luck!

Thanks @subpop. I've made you a sticker album which will link in with the prediction leagues. :smile:

Here is your starter pack:
    d758688463658809e187f722f66ca9f1.png

@Greenman019 I've made you an album and also awarded you a bonus pack, I was going to do this for everyone who commented early but you were the only one who did. :)

Here are your starter packs:
    2b5461f5e681b5d29abccf3c03e68d63.png

Here is your normal pack:
    2261ab9fee8a8984d772686d76af7bda.png

• ale85bg
    Looking forward to the Anglovision honestly... It should be fun! :joy:
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    edited April 29
    Looking forward to the Anglovision honestly... It should be fun! :joy:

Hopefully that'll be launching next week to coincide with Eurovision
  • ale85bg
    May I suggest an entry already?
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    May I suggest an entry already?

:'( I honestly believe if we'd won that match then we'd have gone on to win the WC. There is a culture in English football of expecting to lose to big teams so a victory over one would be all we'd need to give the players the confidence to go on to win the whole thing.
  • Greenman019
    I think we'd have a good chance of winning had the goal been correctly given. Doubt we'd have won the thing though but maybe a semi-final. Victory over Germany would've been huge :[
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    I think we'd have a good chance of winning had the goal been correctly given. Doubt we'd have won the thing though but maybe a semi-final. Victory over Germany would've been huge :[

Beat the Germans and then beat Argentina with a Rooney hand of God goal. Hoofball our way past the Spaniard's tikka takka football in the semis and then the Dutch in the final would be a piece of cake.

I suppose it is a good thing we didn't win at the end of the day as after defeats that embarassing @subpop and @Danimal5981 would never want to see football again and therefore would never have joined the forums. :D
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    edited May 2
    Just a little update on the plan for this thread. I've got an exam two weeks today (I should probably start revising :joy:) so matches will start after that. I have a few things planned for the next couple of weeks though; I'll be announcing two prediction games in the next few days and then Anglovision will take place next week.

There will also be a few chances to earn some stickers along the way. The first way is that at a random time every day from now until Friday whoever has the most recent post in the thread will earn a pack. I'll have some more over the next few days.
  • Greenman019
    Good luck with the exams :)
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    edited May 3
    Good luck with the exams :)

Thanks. :)

Also, as the only post on Tuesday you won another free pack (you better not complete the album before I start playing any matches :joy:). I'll sort it out for you tomorrow. :)
  • Ashy
    7492 posts League Winner
    This seems very interesting, eager to see what you do with England, the sticker album addition is very cool, with addition graphics I think it would be an amazing feature, so basically when people post on the thread/other things they get a pack and you open it and you get a few stickers and you collect the England team? Wish I thought of this myself now
  • Alastair
    5649 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    This seems very interesting, eager to see what you do with England, the sticker album addition is very cool, with addition graphics I think it would be an amazing feature, so basically when people post on the thread/other things they get a pack and you open it and you get a few stickers and you collect the England team? Wish I thought of this myself now

Yeah, packs will be awards for various things but mainly the prediction leagues. And you can swap players with each other or trade them in to earn more players to try and complete it.

My plan is to have one sticker per player and 6 per competition. I've set up a pack weight system (a bit like in FUT) so that players currently in the team along with current competitions are more common than past/future ones.
  • Wyojasond
    7718 posts League Winner
    Glad you finally got started with this man B)