Morecambe Career Mode | Road to the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE | Season 2 - League 1

Richoman
36 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited April 23
So I have decided to stop playing FUT Champs for fifa 17 and I'm back to career mode. I've decided to do take the team with what I believe is the lowest english team rating in the game with 1 star to the top.

cxXKtDf.jpg

So far during the season we managed to win the pre season cup! Which has helped us financially in purchasing players as Morecambe barely had any players at all! I believe only 8 outside the starting 11.

Weak points were everywhere, Strikers, Wingers Midfield etc were all weak.

Though it was pleasing to see at 65 rated player in Wildig in the squad. He will be my Captain for the season.

All games will be on legendary

Other rules included are

6 min halves

No sliders

No bonus scouts or money at the start

No limits to who I can and can't sign , if its within the budget its fair game

So far as at August the 9th here is the squad:

048Nvn4.jpg

Here are the transfers I have done so far:

gTzygP2.jpg

Here are the results of the first match:

aa4nwcP.jpg

Thats it for now, any suggestions on what I should add or any questions I will be happy to answer.

Post edited by Richoman on

Comments

• subpop
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    First of all good luck. I like these stories of humble teams looking for glory.
  • Richoman
    subpop wrote: »
    First of all good luck. I like these stories of humble teams looking for glory.

Cheers mate!
  • ale85bg
    3516 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck man!
  • Richoman
    edited April 8
    A good start to the season so far for us, undefeated and no-one from the opposition has scored against us!

The story so far is we haven't been putting away our chances, we have been getting in good spots only for us to miss the final pass or shot. The defence however has been very good.

We have signed a much needed tall defensive midfielder in Kim Geong Woong. He is a well rounded player and has been solid so far. Whilst after our last game we have signed striker Joel Asoro. With injuries for 3 months to Rhys Turner and Tom Barkhuizen we needed to improve our attacking areas and add more depth. Joel will certainly do that.

We are now looking to sign another box to box midfielder and possibly another winger.

NnmzX1u.jpg

ZTtsJYF.jpg

xRDXRFC.jpg

After all this we sit on top of the ladder. The heavy fixture list means I'll need to rotate the squad frequently . Currently I'm trying to train some of my key players such as lorenzen to improve their stamina so they can run games out.

The plan from here is to sign more depth and to find a way to finish those chances !
  • Richoman
    It has been an interesting couple of games for us, here are the match reports below:

bAplSqm.jpg

an7lmGe.jpg

Fy9b7NU.jpg

fN1ZNzM.jpg

w6wVJhB.jpg

5lhTf24.jpg

0g70NFS.jpg

gix0v3l.jpg

As you can see we have been knocked out of the Capital One and Checkgrade Cups. Which isn't a massive blow on us as we wanted to try out the reserve players in those competitions to give the main guys a rest. The less congested fixture list means we can play our regular XI more frequently.

The results have been very good. We finish this period 2nd on the table. Despite a few disappointing results such as the draw against bottom placed Colchester we have looked very solid in defence. The main concern is the ability to finish off chances or play the final ball. Many times we looked as though we are through only to have a shot blocked , tackled in the box or missing our targets.

The centreback pairing of Li Ang and Karl Ouimette has been immense as the effects when both these guys are out are noticeable. Both players positions themselves well and tackle well. Our attackers Asoro and Lorenzen has given us some flair in the final third. Both these guys have been rotated between striker and left or right wing. Both can beat a man however just like the other attackers they can lack an end product. Training is given to them at the moment to improve their fitness as they are also not running out games well.

A concern could be the finances as the board are not happy with the progress of meeting an 11 million dollar profit margin. Player wages could be the main cause as I did sign a big squad for a congested fixture list. Deadwood in the sqaud such as Ryan Edwards and Wakefield might need to make way.

Overall a good start to the season hopefully more of the same.
  • Richoman
    We move into October/November....

Here are the match reports to follow:

6BU60YH.jpg

2fW3aim.jpg

ZJJtfAQ.jpg

IDlbKUT.jpg

sWmjH5J.jpg

GNaf1aR.jpg

x1l1weI.jpg

AT5YxIU.jpg

7IEbXin.jpg

From what you have seen it has been an eventful few results. We've had some inconsistent results where we would lose and draw and win in the space of about 4 games. However thankfully to other teams around us also having inconsistent results we stay top of the table after our last game.

We have tweaked the tactics a little after the Mansfield game to encourage more off the ball run and improve the speed of our play which worked well against Exeter.

The top of the table clash proved the highlight of the period with us going down 2-0 early but coming back and we could of ended up snatching it as well.

The usual suspects were very good for us. And Rhys Turner returning from injury has proven to be a postitive spark for us coming on as a sub.

Lorenzen and Asoro have hit some good form with both creating and scoring chances , whilst the main back 4 has been very solid. When they aren't in the team we look vulnerable.

The board is still on our case with finances. We also need to keep in mind we have a fee of 900,000 to pay for Joel Asoro when the season ends. So the plan is to off load 3-5 players and hopefully go deep in the FA cup to generate more money.

All in all a good run of results so far. Promotion is now a possibility.
  • subpop
    Good results. I like these stats. Would it be possible to see the standings?
  • ale85bg
    Good results and I agree with subpop: Very interesting stats there. Keep it up man!
  • Richoman
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Good results and I agree with subpop: Very interesting stats there. Keep it up man!

Cheers guys! Yeah I have it all in excel which makes it very easy to automate and stuff. I'll provide the standings after another match report which should come very soon!

Let me know what other kinds of things you want to see
  • Richoman
    edited April 10
    As we head into the start of Decemeber we get an FA Cup Round 2 Clash and some tough battles to stay top.

Here are the match reports:

l56pL9J.jpg

vRXUW5i.jpg

6jaZitc.jpg

y8ZsrdN.jpg

Its been another successful run of matches, with 4 wins out of 4. We did face some close matches though, none other than the one against Carlisle. Some beautiful goals from both teams including this backheeled assist from Singh!

o4BcVXQ.jpeg

tvt07Bi.jpeg

All in all our attacking play seems to have improved since the tactical tweak. We are making more runs and the team is finding more gaps to exploit. However we do lack depth in defense. When our main back 4 aren't playing we are a chance to leak goals. It feels as if the organisation is not there. We have also done well in fighting it out and toughing out games which is a great sign.

The board are still harping on about finances. I can only hope this doesn't surely lead me to get sacked as I am on top ! We have about 70+k in wages a week with only 10 or so thousand in player shirt sales and 40k in ticket prices. Some players will need to make way! Maybe some big names. Those desicions will be made in a months time.

So far with contracts Ryan Edwards has refused my offer to extend his contract so I don't lose him for free. However his reason was because we were under-performing?! I hate him before now I hate him even more.

Apart from him all players are happy and healthy.

Here is also the table after 20 league games:

eO3QC8u.jpeg
  • ale85bg
    Hakeem seems like a very interesting player form what I see. Keep it up man, you've built a nice gap at the top there.
  • Richoman
    Hakeem seems like a very interesting player form what I see. Keep it up man, you've built a nice gap at the top there.

Yeah he is, so far he is filling in when the starting striker Lorenzen is tired. He has got blistering pace, however his skills need work.
  • Richoman
    We head closer to the new year and power our way through Decemeber trying to keep our winning streak going.

fNxvFMn.jpg

v1rawMA.jpg

rqmP9tX.jpg

v6mERiy.jpg

As you can see from our last game we end our winning streak but we are still 10 points clear on top!

So far the team is keeping their head and are still powering their way through a busy fixture. Our defence is the best in the league at the moment, conceeding only 15 goals in 24 games! The free agent market for us has been very good. With 3 out of our back 4 coming from there. We also have very strong depth where we rotate when a game is less than a week from each other.

This means we are on a 15 game unbeaten run. However that is sure to be tested with Chelsea in the FA Cup in a couple of weeks! We will do whatever we can to somehow get an upset as we need the money to complete the boards objective and we are still looking to offload some players.

It will certainly be an interesting next few weeks.
  • subpop
    You are doing great! Good results.

About finances and objectives. This new system seem a reasonable idea but it's not well implemented. I couldn't meet this objective but they were impossible... something like make a 20 million profit with a second division team. I wouldn't have reached the goal even selling the entire team.
  • Richoman
    subpop wrote: »
    You are doing great! Good results.

About finances and objectives. This new system seem a reasonable idea but it's not well implemented. I couldn't meet this objective but they were impossible... something like make a 20 million profit with a second division team. I wouldn't have reached the goal even selling the entire team.

Thanks mate!

Yeah its unbelievable, Morcame barely had enough players to fill a team, if i sold anyone they would of had no-one. You dont get fired i hope if you dont meet it first year right? I'm trying to sell players but no-one is biting. It would be infuriating if i got fired if i got promoted.

• Richoman
    edited April 16
    We head into the January transfer window. Guys need to be sold and Chelsea need to be slayed!!

t9QI2Co.jpg

Iv9uMJl.jpg

daUtpRR.jpg

F580wVY.jpg

The special goals from Lorenzen and Woong are shown below

We slayed the beast. And what a game it was. Going down with an incredibly unlucky own goal, I thought it was going to game over from there. But we fought back. Woong is dictating in midfield a lot more and really controlled things not only in that match but in recent time as well.

Overall the team has found things relatively comfortable in League 2. It seems like they are ready to make the jump to League 1. Our defense is the best in the league. And despite our poor conversion we have got the most goals in the league.

With our financial situation we still have not received any offers. No team has offered to sign Edwards as well. We are also only up around 250k for the whole season. Progression in the FA cup is crucial for us to gain money and lift us from this situation. We received some very nice offers for Barry Roche. However, he is very much required.

For our next FA Cup assignment we play Manchester City. Yep, we have had a horror draw. Chelsea and City are 2nd and 1st in their league respectively. This match is also away. So our assignment just got a lot tougher
  • Danimal5981
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is 'Morecame' a type-o, or a form of slang?
    Because I see it both in the title of the thread as well as in your YT-movies.
  • Richoman
    Is 'Morecame' a type-o, or a form of slang?
    Because I see it both in the title of the thread as well as in your YT-movies.

hahaha sorry, my bad, just realized, thanks for the comment
  • Richoman
    edited April 16
    As we power through January and go into February we get a very dramatic FA Cup tie and some complications in the transfer market.

srFxDTp.jpg

kGzZklA.jpg

N06EICw.jpg

C2k33Nm.jpg

wfPBLRY.jpg

Tgpylaw.jpg

dwcPjvn.jpg

9wxZ1Te.jpg

As you can see, we forced a replay against City in the latter stages of the first game. We really should of won both games. We had many clear cut chances, but class of the higher team to finish when required showed. We also proved we are probably ready for the next level. And that some players might not be up to it. With that loss it means we won't get enough prize money to keep Joel Asoro. A massive shame as he is a gun player. We might look to loan him again next season.

With the injuries to Gaspar and Periera, our first choice full backs, Kotal and Dixon just weren't up to it. With the goals in the replay coming from Kotals end, and Dixon just not offering much from there. Depth in full backs are needed in the summer.

Our winter transfer period to free up cash didn't go to plan, not many offers came through for our players such as: Fleming, Edwards, Dixon, Conland and Murphy. We only got one offer for Wakefield which we accepted. It looks like we won't be able to achieve our objective. As you can see we picked up 47 year old Richardson due to the fact we could offload Conlands wages.

gTWKgXU.jpg

Apart from that we have been very impressive in the league, booting in a lot more goals and being more efficient. This is probably due to us being more in the know with our game plan. Midfielders connecting passes , attackers getting past players more and defenders being their usual solid self.
    We have built up a solid lead in the the league. The goal from here is to keep it going and to see which players are worth keeping for next season.

Here is the table with 13 games left:

7G3ABp3.jpg

• ale85bg
    Absolutely cruising in the league, well done! Also forcing City to a replay, with such a late equalizer, must have been great. Keep it up!
  • Richoman
    Absolutely cruising in the league, well done! Also forcing City to a replay, with such a late equalizer, must have been great. Keep it up!

broke my heart when they got the winner in extra time haha, and even worse when we had chances after that goal. It would of been interesting to see what would of happened if i somehow won and had a europa cup on top of the 4 other comps id be in
  • Very interesting story Richoman. Looking forward to see how things evolves. Bad luck against City. I have just myself finished first season with Morecambe, where I qualified to europe after the first season. I can't understand why you didn't where more aggressive in advancing in the EPL Cup, given it is an easier way to europe (most times).
  • Richoman
    MichaelDK wrote: »
    Very interesting story Richoman. Looking forward to see how things evolves. Bad luck against City. I have just myself finished first season with Morecambe, where I qualified to europe after the first season. I can't understand why you didn't where more aggressive in advancing in the EPL Cup, given it is an easier way to europe (most times).

Thanks mate. Yeah I wasn't keen on putting my best players in as I was prioritizing the league over that competition. My players were all pretty tired too so I decided to rotate them. A part of me also didn't mind if I got knocked out due to the over congested fixture list. How did you manage being in 5 competitions?
  • My Settings was: Legendary; 4 minutes halfes; And I wasn't allowed to buy or sell players, only academy players (that I only used in the league, when fatigue was high). So the 4 minutes halfes could have helped me, but I had a problem with fatigue and injuries all through the season. My priority was playing after getting into europe as soon as possible, so the little cup (the one with league one and two teams) I lost on purpose. After that my main focus was the FA cup, that would get me into the group stages, and as a additional option the EPL Cup, that would get me into the qualifications round in Euro League. I lost to West Ham in the quarter finals in the FA Cup, but was lucky enough to win against Liverpool in the final in EPL Cup on penalties. I believe my neighbor could hear me ;)
    After 33 matches you are infront with 22 points in the league, so the promotion is firmly secured. I won the league with 10 points, maybe because of my objective in the cups.
    It wasn't five competitions, but only four (are you counting the friendly competition?). Hopefully it will be five competitions in the second season, but I have to win against PSV, to get into the groups stages.
  • Could you post a overview of your transfers in the season? And have you signed any player on the pre-contract for the next season?
  • Richoman
    The final matches of the season:

EQ8qYMK.jpg

86eC5Pk.jpg

qDqeNPc.jpg

UCMnCTx.jpg

RIeArpw.jpg

iVUaxVR.jpg

lvWZRJ3.jpg

ipc2Rmy.jpg

t4FjXMc.jpg

v8xKmmd.jpg

QyDZbcd.jpg

nM3DVak.jpg

dEQUxbD.jpg

A strong finish to the season with only one loss from those 13 matches. We also clinch promotion and win the title. Thought that was always likely from a few months ago. Overall the season has been better than i expected. To win the title by 33 points was something we never expected. Our defense was rock solid all season, with the only times we looked shaky was when we didn't have out full back 4 playing. Osadebe and Woong were very good in midfield for the whole season, their partnership meant we kept the ball well and won the ball back regularly as we kept winning the possession stat. Whilst our attackers kept creating chances. We may have missed chances early on in the season but we adapted towards the second half the season and we ended up being the highest scoring team in the league.

All season stats and awards are shown below:

Final Table:

HsGucln.jpg

Top Scorers:

CEZlVXk.jpg

Top Assists:

0n3WQ8c.jpg

Top Cleansheets:

Yow6K8P.jpg

Stats Table:

f7WaCqi.jpg

Morecambe Player of the Season:

1st: Li Ang

Given To Ang over Lorenzen simply because he performed since the day he got here, whilst Lorenzen took a few months to gel. Ang rarely had a bad game.

2nd: Melvyn Lorenzen

3rd: Joel Asoro

Morecambe Coaches Award:

Jordy Gaspar

Mr Consistent, always providing drive off right back and always linking up well with our midfielders and attackers

Morecambe Top Goal Scorer:

1st: Melvyn Lorenzen

After scoring 1 goal in 12 matches, Lorenzen kicked on from a poor start with 23 goals in 28 matches

2nd: Joel Asoro

3rd: Zayn Hakeem

Morecambe Most Coureagous Award:

Emmanuel Osadebe

Always diving into tackles and always running till the final whistle

*Note the award for the player of the season is subjective for this season, next season there will be a system to it

We now move onto planning for next season. There are already a few targets in mind to strengthen our sqaud for next year. We are looking for a leftback, another back up centre back, a top class winger to replace the outgoing Asoro and a first team keeper to replace the aging Roche.

Our finances were a talking point all season, and we ended up making a profit of 237k , way less thatn what the board wanted.
  • Richoman
    MichaelDK wrote: »
    Could you post a overview of your transfers in the season? And have you signed any player on the pre-contract for the next season?

That is a pretty good effort, considering your transfer ban! I wouldn't of been able to do that. I couldn't do that as in every career mode I want to put my own personal flavour to it if you know what I mean. But well done on that, the 5 comps I included that mickey mouse cup with the league 1 and 2 sides. So , league, Fa , EFL, Mickey and Euro.

How are you going in the Euro League?

For the transfers, look at the very first post in my thread, and I have also included the mid season transfers too on the 16th of April
  • Terry123
    20 posts Ball Boy
    Looks like you didn't have to prioritise the league anyway mate, miles ahead of second!! I'd definitely concentrate more on the cups next year.
  • ale85bg
    Oh dear, look at that table! :confounded:

Well done mate, you absolutely dominated.
  • Richoman
    Terry123 wrote: »
    Looks like you didn't have to prioritise the league anyway mate, miles ahead of second!! I'd definitely concentrate more on the cups next year.

Haha thanks mate, yeah at the start I wasn't too sure and played it safe, I definitely prioritized the FA cup as that was later in the year, but had 2 top PL teams back to back sadly :/