Game becomes unplayable in Seasons mode at game point match (relegation, promotion and title match)

Hi,
From game point matches I start to experience some really laughable errors in game play - ref make horrendous decisions, passes start going astray, concede corners needlessly to put me under pressure, players become very slow compared to opposition team, player refuse to shoot when clear on goal until a tackle comes in, and so much more.....
My question is: is this deliberate to make the game more competitive?

If it is then I can say its ridiculous. It takes all fun away from the game
If it is not, is there a fix for this

Comments

• MacDaddy
    577 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have it on important matches, especially cup finals. It's as though my players don't have a clue what I am directing them to do with my controller.
  • MysticM
    823 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hi,
    From game point matches I start to experience some really laughable errors in game play - ref make horrendous decisions, passes start going astray, concede corners needlessly to put me under pressure, players become very slow compared to opposition team, player refuse to shoot when clear on goal until a tackle comes in, and so much more.....
    My question is: is this deliberate to make the game more competitive?

If it is then I can say its ridiculous. It takes all fun away from the game
    If it is not, is there a fix for this

Dont even get me started, i stopped playing UT 2 weeks ago, weird gameplay, players turning dumb, etc etc , same wl wins last couple of months, nomatter what i always end up gold 1/elite 3, and when i can get higher some stupid .... Happens

But back on pes2017now, now i ask myself why didt i do this sooner(played pes17 since release and skipped first 2 months of fifa, then the shiny cards and ea promos pull me back),

yes graphics are worse(get used to it tho), pes has its problems to, but atleast i can play how i want and much less random bs happens on there(online), and i can play much more beautifull!!!!.

Thought i check the good old fifa forums, things havent changed i see.

Im having fun with ronaldinho and gabriel barbosa on myclub:))

Things wont change unless you vote with your wallet.
  • Yiannis-T
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FIFA 17 it's ridiculous.MOMENTUM and handicap exists for sure and it's there in every single game online.You could dominate the game by winning 2-0 ,having chances to increase the score ,having shots at the post and all of a sudden you could be equalised.Your players are going to get lazy and stop marking so they let the opposite player to score by leaving large gaps .
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1047 posts Professional
    MysticM wrote: »

But back on pes2017now, now i ask myself why didt i do this sooner(played pes17 since release and skipped first 2 months of fifa, then the shiny cards and ea promos pull me back),

yes graphics are worse(get used to it tho), pes has its problems to, but atleast i can play how i want and much less random bs happens on there(online), and i can play much more beautifull!!!!.

Thought i check the good old fifa forums, things havent changed i see.

Im having fun with ronaldinho and gabriel barbosa on myclub:))

Things wont change unless you vote with your wallet.

I agree. I turned my choice to another football simulator as well and I'm happy and glad :smile:
  • Yiannis-T wrote: »
    FIFA 17 it's ridiculous.MOMENTUM and handicap exists for sure and it's there in every single game online.You could dominate the game by winning 2-0 ,having chances to increase the score ,having shots at the post and all of a sudden you could be equalised.Your players are going to get lazy and stop marking so they let the opposite player to score by leaving large gaps .

if you are able to recognize certain aspects of the game's programming and gameplay trends - why don't you pay more attention and learn how to play through it and around it??? Why dont figure out what you must do in order to overcome these obstacles instead of whining and crying on a message board? Reddit has a thread somewhere for you to join in on

Everyone needs to remember this game is attempting to replicate or be the best imitation of reality that it can possibly be... so you need to think about these games in the context that the footballers would. Teams dont play perfect all season long in reality. The trends are there to pick up on if you are focused enough and your brain is quick enough to break the code.

I have. There are little simple tricks and secrets to overcome these things you guys constantly **** and moan about.

I'm solid, so I get matched up against Top 100 or even Top 50 guys on occasion. A couple nights ago I got LIT UP 5-1 by a perrenial Overall Top 30 player and one of the top 3-5 in the USA b6li9t

It was obvious to me that he knew exactly what he was doing and how to work around and with some of those odd game play instances.

Do you think he was whining and crying about momentum and scripting? Do you think I was? No, you dont get into the Top 1000 or higher by whining, bitching, complaining. We go for the kill, ya dig
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1047 posts Professional

if you are able to recognize certain aspects of the game's programming and gameplay trends - why don't you pay more attention and learn how to play through it and around it???

This guy has recognised aspects of the game and gameplay trends and learned how to play:
    Nassau wrote: »
    As a reference, after coming from a 8 loss streak, I was so fed up that I was starting to eat and playing with one hand. The opponent lost because his players absolutely didn't react at all. I just pressed shoot and the goalkeeper didn't react at all (there was no one in front of him).

I felt sorry for the guy so I scored an own goal. You know what happened next? he was trying to build up a play, when for some unknown reason his midfielder passes up to me and I shoot again and score.

WTH?! I was not even playing, eating and pushing a button with one hand.

This all happened in division 2 in seasons.

This is pathetic! Shows so much scripting. The guy rage-quited when he saw the second goal.
  • I feel u bro. I have just started a match but opponent lost connection as much as the referee started the game (I checked that at that time my internet was good) and I automatically lose the game as 3-0
  • TacticalTugTeam
    734 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 8
    Yiannis-T wrote: »

if you are able to recognize certain aspects of the game's programming and gameplay trends - why don't you pay more attention and learn how to play through it and around it??? Why dont figure out what you must do in order to overcome these obstacles instead of whining and crying on a message board? Reddit has a thread somewhere for you to join in on

Everyone needs to remember this game is attempting to replicate or be the best imitation of reality that it can possibly be... so you need to think about these games in the context that the footballers would. Teams dont play perfect all season long in reality. The trends are there to pick up on if you are focused enough and your brain is quick enough to break the code.

I have. There are little simple tricks and secrets to overcome these things you guys constantly **** and moan about.

I'm solid, so I get matched up against Top 100 or even Top 50 guys on occasion. A couple nights ago I got LIT UP 5-1 by a perrenial Overall Top 30 player and one of the top 3-5 in the USA b6li9t

It was obvious to me that he knew exactly what he was doing and how to work around and with some of those odd game play instances.

Do you think he was whining and crying about momentum and scripting? Do you think I was? No, you dont get into the Top 1000 or higher by whining, bitching, complaining. We go for the kill, ya dig

Surprised I haven't been matched against you already since i'm Top 30-40 this FIFA unless you're on PS4 that is lol. :/

@Yiannis-T Is the biggest moaner ever because he goes on losing streaks and rages complete incompetence the lad. :D just can't adapt to the game even with it's flaws... needs to go back to the practice arena tbh. :)
  • Yiannis-T wrote: »

Surprised I haven't been matched against you already since i'm Top 30-40 this FIFA unless you're on PS4 that is lol. :/

@Yiannis-T Is the biggest moaner ever because he goes on losing streaks and rages complete incompetence the lad. :D just can't adapt to the game even with it's flaws... needs to go back to the practice arena tbh. :)

@TacticalTugTeam - I'm on PS4. I'm one of those inconsistent players that when I'm at my best, I can play with some of the top in the world (PS4) and have consistently on seasons and in competitions. Unfortuatntley though I am not consistently at my best and when I'm playing average I'm very beatable
  • TacticalTugTeam

@TacticalTugTeam - I'm on PS4. I'm one of those inconsistent players that when I'm at my best, I can play with some of the top in the world (PS4) and have consistently on seasons and in competitions. Unfortuatntley though I am not consistently at my best and when I'm playing average I'm very beatable

What's your Seasons record currently?
  • Yiannis-T
    this loser @TacticalTugTeam has to leave these forums.He is fake,he's just an EA's fanboy and he is a complete idiot.I have played against him and i won 6-1.This boy is an amateur ,but he supports FIFA because he's a fanboy.FIFA 17 is the worst football game ever,the game is a total mess,the players are running at any direction they like ,the momentum-handicap exists in every game and the winner is being decided by luck
  • Yiannis-T
    this idiot called @Team_MurdaMoneyMagic says that he has recognised the aspects of the game and he learned how to play!!hahaha what a loser.Well boy you better shut your mouth up ,go and play baseball or something else because you don;t have a clue about real football
  • TacticalTugTeam
    this loser @TacticalTugTeam has to leave these forums.He is fake,he's just an EA's fanboy and he is a complete idiot.I have played against him and i won 6-1.This boy is an amateur ,but he supports FIFA because he's a fanboy.FIFA 17 is the worst football game ever,the game is a total mess,the players are running at any direction they like ,the momentum-handicap exists in every game and the winner is being decided by luck

The clueless clown @Yiannis-T Is back raging about FIFA17 I see. :D

You think every game is scripted with handicap.. you're completely incompetent you should quit FIFA all you ever do is moan. B)
  • Alinos_81
    65 posts Park Captain
    edited April 10

You think every game is scripted with handicap.. you're completely incompetent you should quit FIFA all you ever do is moan. B)

Guys

You guys sounds like women ☺
  • Alinos_81
    65 posts Park Captain
    I think you all guys are both right.

I'm not saying I'm a top 100 plater but I can honestly say I won the champion title 4x.

IV played lot of matches where I taught this game must be scripted. Recently( today btw) I played a game where I lost 0-2. My opponent had 2 long shots (35 yard) which went in. I had that game 9 shots that hit the bar!!! I really mean 9 shots that hit the bar! So to me that's a scripted game.

I'm also convinced that you can find patterns in the game which can let you score easier if you find them. So if u practice a lot you get better but still there wI'll be some scripted games where you were just bound to lose. Nothing else you can do about it...

Ow yeah TacticalTugTeam is really a top 50 player and he really is a good player but even me I beated him (3-2) but I have to admit, he really is a good player and he is top 50 but not unbeatable ☺
  • TacticalTugTeam
    edited April 10
    Alinos_81 wrote: »

I'm not saying I'm a top 100 plater but I can honestly say I won the champion title 4x.

IV played lot of matches where I taught this game must be scripted. Recently( today btw) I played a game where I lost 0-2. My opponent had 2 long shots (35 yard) which went in. I had that game 9 shots that hit the bar!!! I really mean 9 shots that hit the bar! So to me that's a scripted game.

I'm also convinced that you can find patterns in the game which can let you score easier if you find them. So if u practice a lot you get better but still there wI'll be some scripted games where you were just bound to lose. Nothing else you can do about it...

Ow yeah TacticalTugTeam is really a top 50 player and he really is a good player but even me I beated him (3-2) but I have to admit, he really is a good player and he is top 50 but not unbeatable ☺

In my opinion FIFA16 was better than FIFA17 reason being on FIFA17 the skill gap is smaller you can lose to more "average opponents because AI Defending is more assisted, sometimes your Defenders will make Auto blocks/ tackles inside the box & skill moves have been toned down a ton that even PRO players have been complaining about it but at the end of the day EA'S main target audience is the "casual" gamers as there's only around 1% of the PRO players lol.

But having said that if you do practice & get good at the game then you will win the majority of your games but this year I have lost to more "shitters" than I did last year even with negative records.

Yeah you did beat me at the start of FIFA17 but since then I have improved as you can see from the Top100 I was using short passing at the start and it wasn't working my players weren't making enough runs if you faced me again you'd be facing a different animal although you're a good player yourself.. ;)

Nobody is unbeatable at this FIFA anyway it's my least favourite FIFA but I don't complain about it 247 like @Yiannis-T anyway :D
  • Alinos_81
    65 posts Park Captain
    edited April 10
    Believe me @TacticalTugTeam

I had lot of games where I had so much bad luck. Last game 9 times hit the bar (and im not exagerating)
    Unbelievable lucky goals that my opponent get (fex my defender and keeper that hits each other which gives my opponent an open goal.
    I just don't feel I have the luck that my opponent gets and that's what frustrates me.
    Its not that I can't play the game. I won the champ title 4x and i won every cup so I dont think i'm that bad...
    But the bad luck I always get (and lot of people will feel the same as I do) that gives you the feeling this game mist be scripted )
    BTW I really enjoyed our match last time ☺
    The feeling you got there is the feeling I get in lot of matches.
    Than yoi can understand the feeling now some of us are experiencing.
  • Alinos_81
    65 posts Park Captain

you're a good player yourself..

Well thanQ 4 these kind words. ☺☺☺☺
  • TacticalTugTeam
    Believe me @TacticalTugTeam

I had lot of games where I had so much bad luck. Last game 9 times hit the bar (and im not exagerating)
    Unbelievable lucky goals that my opponent get (fex my defender and keeper that hits each other which gives my opponent an open goal.
    I just don't feel I have the luck that my opponent gets and that's what frustrates me.
    Its not that I can't play the game. I won the champ title 4x and i won every cup dmso I dint this I'm that bad...
    But the bad luck I always get (and lot of people will feel the same as I do) that gives you the feeling this game mist be scripted )
    BTW I really enjoyed our match last time ☺
    The feeling you got there is the feeling I get in lot of matches.
    Than yoi can understand the feeling now some of us are experiencing.

2 weeks ago I went 32 games 1 draw without losing in Division1, then I somehow lost 6 out of 20 games.. against opponents I would normally beat, their record weren't anything special I deserved to lose 1 of those games to be fair he did have a good record but the others.. I can't take losing to them I find that taking breaks is the best way instead of playing 5-6 games in one go you can easily lose concentration but on FIFA17 you can dominate your opponent and still lose the skill gap is quite small.

And yes it was such a long time ago "months" I can hardly remember haha we should play again sometime but I do get salty if I lose to an opponent with a awful record is bugs me if you don't care then you're not used to winning are you really? I just wish AI Defending wasn't so assisted and bails out bad players but oh well maybe FIFA18 skill moves will be better and players actually have to Defend for themselves instead of the AI Doing all the work. :|

I dunno how many times I've won Division1 but I haven't been relegated once yet in probably 60+ seasons which is good LOL I actually did get relegated ONCE at the start of FIFA16! :|

• Alinos_81
    65 posts Park Captain
    We should indeed play a game
    I think you removed me from your friends list.
    Ps I won the title 4x, I'm not ultra good nor ultra bad
    I just think I have lot of bad luck in my games.
    Add me
    Alinos81 is my gamer tag m8
  • TacticalTugTeam
    Yeah I might of done I get a ton of people adding me from the leaderboards my friends list gets full i'll add you tonight mate. And you ain't bad your record is easily positive? I can't remember what it is but you're a decent player tell me about it mate I've lost a ton to players with negative record this FIFA lol. :s
  • Yiannis-T

Guys

keep the comments for yourself. The only woman here is you ,along with @TacticalTugTeam ofcourse
  • TacticalTugTeam

Guys

keep the comments for yourself. The only woman here is you ,along with @TacticalTugTeam ofcourse

HAHAHAAAH YOU BIG MOANER CLUELESS CLOWN :D
  • Yiannis-T
    why are you doing aaaaahahah. is there something behind you and you're screaming because it's too deep. Is your boyfriend behind you? @TacticalTugTeam and his boyfriend having fun
  • TacticalTugTeam
    why are you doing aaaaahahah. is there something behind you and you're screaming because it's too deep. Is your boyfriend behind you? @TacticalTugTeam and his boyfriend having fun

You really are one clueless clown aren't you? :D Have fun raging about FIFA17 though since you're so incompetent. :'(
  • Yiannis-T
    no you have fun by being gay.it's not @TacticalTugTeam .... TacticalGayteam is your real name
  • TacticalTugTeam
    edited April 26
    no you have fun by being gay.it's not @TacticalTugTeam .... TacticalGayteam is your real name

You really are one clueless clown aren't you? :D Have fun raging about FIFA17 though since you're so incompetent. :'(
  • Yiannis-T
    no you are the clown,the gay,the stupid,the a..hole,the pu..y,the loser,the goofy,the sissy,the puta.That's who you are.A hopeless loser, a fake personality .You are a typical silly character
  • TacticalTugTeam
    no you are the clown,the gay,the stupid,the a..hole,the pu..y,the loser,the goofy,the sissy,the puta.That's who you are.A hopeless loser, a fake personality .You are a typical silly character

it's *You're.

• Yiannis-T
    go play with your teddybear,EA'S fanboy.