FIFA 18 Career Mode Changes

Comments

• Ggggoooopppp
    1048 posts Professional
    edited February 27
    Why is it that NBA2k and MLB the Show can have their cash-grab modes and also deliver a robust Career Mode? Why is it that the Witcher can be the most successful game without cash-grabbing micro-transactions? If you want to play FUT, have at, but there is no way EA should continue to think they are doing an acceptable job with career mode.

I cannot write not good things about EA on EA's forum. But you know the answer "why".

Of course it is very very sad that literally sole licensed football simulator cannot provide to us proper Career mode.
    What can we do? Ask EA the code of Career Mode, change it by ourself and give it back to EA to include in game release.
    I will do it for free if I would had enough time in view of my basic engagement.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1048 posts Professional
    Obviously that there isn't many players who are interested in thorough Career Mode. If the amount of us were hundreds of thousands then we can make an online petition which would have weight or create a whole online community with our claims regarding Career Mode. We would create issues to EA everyday with our claims. Not only here on this forum.
  • sos90
    4 posts Ball Boy
    - taking man utd for instance, i hate how you could get great offers for players in january window so u sell them, you could have 200m in the bank, then you start the following season back at the default 100m.
    - oer in my career luke shaw plays every game, but when it comes to signing a new contract hes not happy no matter what i offered and i ended up losing him for free
    - also better stats need to be kept, i hate how they just tell you n the manager stats league tittles or domestic cups..... if u swap clubs and countries they should say exactly what competition you have won
  • As a huge fan of CM, it's all about realism for me and the game being the most realistic version possible. These are some suggestions:
    - like a few other people here I'd like to see league arm badges change automatically when teams get promoted/relegated. This would make it more realistic in bringing a team from lower leagues into the prem, and this should also be reflected in the commentary. Premier league winners arm badges should also turn silver for the following season.
    - Players staistics history should be reflected when viewing a players profile as well as when viewing a player in squad report (although this may be harder to achieve, it could be done in either of 2 ways). (1) like championship manager and football manager a players full goal scoring, assist, form, clean sheet etc, history should be shown in the players profile so you can view how a player is performing in their respective league and decide if you want to sign them or alternatively (2) a players history could start being recorded from when you start the game (as a full career history may be too in depth). This could also be represented in the commentary e.g. If you sign a player and he scores 50 or 100 career goals for your club it would be mentioned by the commentators.
    - I don't know if I am the only one who plays like this but I only like to sign players with real faces. This is ok for the larger name players but finding young players with real faces is harder (although I've been very impressed with fifa's efforts to scan many more young players in the later half of FIFA 17 e.g. Leko, Chilwell, Gooch etc) however this could be implemented into the youth academy. let's say ea ran a competition for 200 winners to have their face scanned into the game. Then when a youth academy network is ran it would return the usual 10-20 generic youth players like Archie carter lol but instead each time 3 or 4 real in game face players would also pop up with real photo thumbnails. Imagine being able to sign a 16 year old CAM with a potential of 82-94 who has a real face in game and a real photo instead of the standard computer generated face and grey silhouette
  • Have an option at the start of manager mode that let's you disable Global Transfer Network so that we can have access to the full database and do the "scouting" ourselves. That way you can choose whether you want to use GTN or search for players the old fashioned way. Sofifa etc. are only good for the first season, after that we're forced to use GTN which isn't every ones cup of tea.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1048 posts Professional
    Did anyone think that we (CM players) aren't needed to EA?
  • Did anyone think that we (CM players) aren't needed to EA?

That goes without saying
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1048 posts Professional
    So sad. I cannot describe how much I want a proper thorough Career Mode with smart things and without all these stupid things. I want realism, authenticity, that it would be exactly simulation of real life football. Just we all love football but it's impossible for everyone to be a great footballer or coach in real life. So we want to become them in virtual space.
  • Career Mode, needs a face lift and desperately needed add on`s....two features missing that could get ppl interested in the CM mode the heart beat of all fifa games. Kit unlocks and stadium upgrades/editor. As you earn promotion to higher division league's, why not introduce the ability to unlock that divisions kit/badges.Stadium upgrades and add on`s as you progress through CM mode you should have the ability to increase your stadiums capacity. These features never featured in fifa 17, main reason for not purchasing the game.
  • Youth system needs to be changed completely
    1: You can sign like 10 90+potential players in 1 season. Just never happens IRL
    2: Start off with a basic squad that play in the U23s league and the youth scouts will find players u can replace the bad players in ur u23s squad with
    3: IRL fringe players play for the U23s as they don't get the minutes for the 1st team. Wherever above 23 or under managers should be allowed to put up to 3 over 23 players in the squad
    4: Players actually look like there picture.
  • ChrisW1991
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    I could probably write a book on changes and additions that need to be made to career mode for FIFA 18 but I will try to shorten this post slightly ( the key word being try :D ).

Manager Career:

- You should be able to be the actual manager of the team for Premier League clubs. What's the point in adding managers into the game if they just disappear if you manage that team? I'd much rather be Jurgen Klopp than some random generic manager.
    - Creating a manager should be the same as creating a player. Then at least you could make the manager look vaguely like you.
    - Managers should wear club colours. Why does Arsene Wenger have a tie with blue stripes on it? I also don't see why for licensed clubs they can't add the actual tracksuits into the game (for managers and staff/players on the bench).
    - Press conferences need to be meaningful. I'm not saying they need to be like the ones in The Journey where you actually do an interview, but the current ones are literally pointless.
    - Perhaps in the same way as The Journey, you're comments in press conferences could increase/decrease your 'rating' with different people (players/fans/board/media/etc.)
    - You need to be able to train far more players per week than five. I think squad training should be added as well as player training. That way you could add things for the whole squad/different groups to work on. Then have player training as well to give individuals extra work.
    - You need to get proper reports on how your loaned out players are performing. For example, if I loan out a player from a PL club to the Championship, I want to be able to see how they have been performing in the Championship. As far as I am aware, the only way to see your loaned players' stats is to go on the squad report. This only shows stats for the competitions your club is competing in. Therefore, if a player is not playing in the same league as the parent club, you can only see their stats for cup competitions. And if they are in a different country then you can't see anything except their attributes.
    - U23 and Youth teams need to be added as if is so frustrating when you have younger players with high potentials sitting in the reserves not improving as much as they could be. These games could be summed but you could get match reports so you could see which players are performing well, etc.
    - When you scout a player it would be cool if you could get reports on how the player has been performing at their current club (as happens in real life). The scouts could advise you as to whether the player would be a good fit for the club and what the stronger/weaker areas of their game are rather than (or as well as) just revealing all their stats.
    - The crowd behaviour needs to be greatly improved. For example, leaving early if the team is losing heavily, emptier ground if the team is on a bad run, noticeable increase in crowd volume if the team is losing/drawing in the latter stages of the game.
    - You should be able to select a Club Captain and also a Vice-Captain. This would mean your captain would always have the armband when they were on the pitch, even if they've come off the bench.
    - You should be able to interact with players at any time during the career mode. I guess similarly to praising/motivating a player in a "press conference" but in more depth. The fact that you get emails from players is stupid.
    - Injuries need to be improved in terms of realism. First of all, I think that physios and stretchers need to be added to the game for more serious injuries (obviously these cinematics could be skipped if people don't want to sit through it). Also, it is so annoying when a player gets injured in a game but doesn't have to be substituted and they play the rest of the game with the cross next to them and then you get n email after the game saying they have a sprained ankle and will be out for 3 weeks. If the injury was that bad, how did they just play over an hour with it? :s
    - Also, when a player is returning from injury, they should regain match fitness and sharpness from actually playing matches rather than just training. It is unrealistic for a player who has been out for 3 months, for example, to be 100% match fit and sharp without playing any matches. This is another reason why having an U23/Reserve team would be good as it would allow players who have had substantial injury lay-offs to regain match fitness and sharpness.
    - It is a bit annoying if, like myself, you like to have player appearances (e.g. boots) up to date in career mode. The edit player feature is obviously good as it means you can change players boots during the season. However, it would be good if EA could make an appearance update which is separate from squad updates as even I would not go through all the players in a league updating their boots. This would mean that the appearance update would be separate from attributes updates and could therefore be applied to career mode. This would also mean that the November face update could be applied to existing career modes and people wouldn't have to re-start to have the new starheads. I'm not sure if this would be possible but I don't see why i wouldn't be.
    - Also, the sleeve badges and numbers on kits should change for the league you are in (e.g. Premier League and Championship badges and numbers are different).

These are some of the main things that I think would improve career mode but obviously there are loads more things that need to be changed. Of course EA will undoubtedly ignore career mode yet again for FIFA 18. If anyone has bothered to read any of this, thanks :)

Agree with everything you say on this post 100%
    Career mode needs MAJOR improvements, both manager and player
  • EA will spend more time in the journey than anything else in FIFA 18. CM will more than likely be the exact same with maybe a few minor changes.
  • FootyGame03
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited April 17
    This year, it seems to be EA didn't put a lot effort to Career Mode. Just few changes, and I hope that it won't be happening in next year.
  • CaptainJack13
    551 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have recently been playing Player Career as I'm getting tired of Manager Career now, and I have a few things that definitely need to be addressed.

1. STARTING AS A SUB!!! It's in The Journey, so why can't it be in Player Career as well?
    2. Being able to sign a new contract with the same club. I'm pretty sure I've played five seasons and I'm still at the club I started with. I am an 89-rated 24 year old and still on £27,000 per week.
    3. Setting your morale. It always just says 'morale unknown' next to your player in the squad report. It's a small thing I know but it bugs me.
    4. Much greater customisation. There are so few hairstyles etc. so you end up looking like half of the generic players in the game. Why can't they just add more?
    5. Why are your teammates so dim? The number of times a player gets the ball and you can already tell his sole aim is to run into, and lose the ball to, the first opposition player he encounters, with no intention whatsoever of passing the ball.

One more thing, if they don't fix the physical battles glitch where several in game minutes pass with one player shielding the ball from the opponent and neither attempting to move I will probably cry :D
  • KBS_Blades
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have recently been playing Player Career as I'm getting tired of Manager Career now, and I have a few things that definitely need to be addressed.

1. STARTING AS A SUB!!! It's in The Journey, so why can't it be in Player Career as well?
    2. Being able to sign a new contract with the same club. I'm pretty sure I've played five seasons and I'm still at the club I started with. I am an 89-rated 24 year old and still on £27,000 per week.
    3. Setting your morale. It always just says 'morale unknown' next to your player in the squad report. It's a small thing I know but it bugs me.
    4. Much greater customisation. There are so few hairstyles etc. so you end up looking like half of the generic players in the game. Why can't they just add more?
    5. Why are your teammates so dim? The number of times a player gets the ball and you can already tell his sole aim is to run into, and lose the ball to, the first opposition player he encounters, with no intention whatsoever of passing the ball.

One more thing, if they don't fix the physical battles glitch where several in game minutes pass with one player shielding the ball from the opponent and neither attempting to move I will probably cry :D

Completely agree.

I think starting as a substitute should be easy enough to implement. I usually create myself as my pro and turn the first transfer window off so I don't get loaned out (infuriating when this happens). Realistically, my pro would be starting as a sub and would then earn starts if he plays well.

Contracts are a must! It'd be interesting if we could request the contract length we want from a club as well as the wages and, depending on our wants, the club could turn it down or accept. I would also like to be able to request a new contract and have the ability to decline a new one as well, which would then make other teams interested in signing my pro.

I hate the "morale unknown" thing. I think EA should implement a feature where we can talk to the manager and tell him we're happy, we're frustated at lack of game time, we want to leave, etc.

CM needs so much more interactivity.
  • Nkp20mufc
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    For many year's this dev team have been told about many great ideas for career mode. For years they've ignored it all. Cant see it changing for FIFA 18. Ultimate cash grab and the journey will get all the attention.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    - You should be able to be the actual manager of the team for Premier League clubs. What's the point in adding managers into the game if they just disappear if you manage that team? I'd much rather be Jurgen Klopp than some random generic manager.
    - Creating a manager should be the same as creating a player. Then at least you could make the manager look vaguely like you.
    Yeah, manager customization (and, as you said, also the ability to choose to start as a 'real' manager, of course in this case it would not be customizable) should be a little deeper.

- Press conferences need to be meaningful. I'm not saying they need to be like the ones in The Journey where you actually do an interview, but the current ones are literally pointless.
    - Perhaps in the same way as The Journey, you're comments in press conferences could increase/decrease your 'rating' with different people (players/fans/board/media/etc.)
    I definitely agree. The press conferences (and interviews maybe) should influence the relationship that a manager has with the board and with the fans, and also with the players/other managers if you ask me: the idea that rivalries and, why not, even friendship relationships could develop from press conferences and interviews (more or less like it already happens in FM) sounds good to me.

- You need to be able to train far more players per week than five. I think squad training should be added as well as player training. That way you could add things for the whole squad/different groups to work on. Then have player training as well to give individuals extra work.
    Yeah, definitely. Being able to work with player groups should be a good improvement. Of course doing the minigames for each and every player would be an insane thing, but having them join different groups that focus on different attributes would be a great thing.

- The crowd behaviour needs to be greatly improved. For example, leaving early if the team is losing heavily, emptier ground if the team is on a bad run, noticeable increase in crowd volume if the team is losing/drawing in the latter stages of the game.
    Yeah, also lower attendance when the match is almost pointless and completely full stadium when the match is crucial. Of course the crowd noise should vary accordingly.

- You should be able to select a Club Captain and also a Vice-Captain. This would mean your captain would always have the armband when they were on the pitch, even if they've come off the bench.
    Another good idea. I'm experiencing this in FIFA 16 right now, as I have Gabi as captain but it often happens that Gabi is on the pitch (subbed in) and a player like Oliver Torres has the armband.

- Also, when a player is returning from injury, they should regain match fitness and sharpness from actually playing matches rather than just training. It is unrealistic for a player who has been out for 3 months, for example, to be 100% match fit and sharp without playing any matches. This is another reason why having an U23/Reserve team would be good as it would allow players who have had substantial injury lay-offs to regain match fitness and sharpness.
    Good idea, we should also have youth teams to do so obviously. Maybe not directly manageable, but with reports and with the chance to call/send players from/to those teams (of course with a limit on the 'senior' players you could field in the U21s).

- Also, the sleeve badges and numbers on kits should change for the league you are in (e.g. Premier League and Championship badges and numbers are different).
    Yeah. Also, alternate GK kits and alternate shorts/socks for outfield kits should also be introduced (see Atlético Madrid with red shorts/socks or Juventus using either white or black shorts with the home kit). These look like meaningless additions, but they would almost single-handedly add a completely new layer of immersion to the careers.

• I love this game. I started with fifa2001. Is not much I can complain about this game. The only thing i hate is that they never scan some teams from Italy except Juve and not even there all the players. Also adding some teams from eastern Europe.
    Changing the settings in transfer market to be able when you sign a player will be good, having the option to join in the next window / end of the season etc instead of right away.
    Otherwise I look forward to see what fifa18 will bring. I hope it will not miss bundesliga as i was reading somewhere that konami sign with them. Will see...
  • CaptainJack13
    @ale85bg Glad you agreed with my suggestions! I am not at all optimistic that anything will change in Career Mode for FIFA 18 though :(
  • Ruslan369
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Was recently watching Fifa 12.
    In Fifa 12 career mode, before the match you saw the opposite team squad, as well as 3 previous result. In 17 you need to either skip to start, then pause to see the squad of the team you facing, or just watch the whole match preview. I don't like it. In 12 in showed opposite team injuries aswell.
    Layout. In fifa 12 it was better. It's like 3 years straight the menu is all the same, it pisses me off. It was way way better in fifa 12.
    Commentators are **** like they always been, Pes commentators at least have some sort of passion or voice.
    The jersey logo of the league you play in should definetly change. When you made it back to EPL with Porstmouth seeing League 2 logo is annoying.
    The yellow EA sports ball when it's snowing. Been for years, even though there's a licensed EPL ball for winter games that looks 10000 better.
    Tranfer scouting sistem is bad, it takes way too much time to search for players, AGAIN, in FIfa 12 it was way easier and more smooth i liked it much more.
    Fixture list is annoying as always, it's okay to play 2 games in 3 days, or like 4 games in a week(sometimes).
    Changing/Building new stadiums as well as making new jerseys would be so so refreshing, I don't think it's that hard to do it.
    Training drills need upgrading, 11v11 is a must.
    That's just me, but when the stats 90+ were bright green it was cooler.(Again fifa 12)
    Most of the things like: buy back clauses, player presentations, better conferences, costum answers, better youth system etc, were mentioned.
    I personally, just want small things that aren'r that hard to put into the game, considering that i mentioned things that were in previous fifa.I just hope the design, and those little things will be in fifa 18. I love career mode, but to be fair, since fifa 13, year after year I'm enjoying it less. Dear Ea, please, do us, the career mode fans, a favour, thank you.
  • Most people adressed the major improvements that need to happen already.
    One thing that kinda bugs me as a dutch is the lack of generated names when scouting in some countries.
    Idk if it's just me but when I scout f.e. in the Netherlands, almost every month there is this one player with either "Brouwer" or "Peters" as a last name.
    I'd like EA to add some names in the process of scouting that aren't assigned to already existing players.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1048 posts Professional
    Nkp20mufc wrote: »
    For many year's this dev team have been told about many great ideas for career mode. For years they've ignored it all. Cant see it changing for FIFA 18. Ultimate cash grab and the journey will get all the attention.

Exactly. People are blind in their passion to Career Mode. I mean that all our suggestions, ideas and wishes are needed to us only not EA.
  • Cooler08
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ruslan369 wrote: »
    The yellow EA sports ball when it's snowing. Been for years, even though there's a licensed EPL ball for winter games that looks 10000 better.

Also, a football pitch when it's snowing doesn't look anything like the snow caked pitch in FIFA. Where does EA get the idea that it does? Most EPL teams now have under-soil heating and full pitch covers.

• For me the most important change in fifa 18 would be to make it way harder to beat the Ki at legendary i score 4-10 goals in every game.

and if they cant fix the Ki then the top teams should be making alot more points in PES in the ligue 1 Psg makes 90+ points per season so even if you win almost every game its hard to win the title.

in fifa the top teams only make 70+ points per season so you can drop 30 points in one season and you still win the title.
  • JPG
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Add chemistry to career mode so there are more factors when deciding signings and also you can see partnerships like Messi with Neymar. Players should prefer some formations and styles above others, players who have already played in the league or are from the same country should be able to adapt better than foreign players. When a player is homesick one solution could be to sign another player for the same country. When players play together in several matches, there should be a stronger link between them, this can be seen in defensive partnerships such as Bonucci and Chiellini; when you put two players who have never played together there should be a lack of coordination between them. Also when using players out of their positions, they should feel out of place and confused (this is where position training comes into play). Also, there should be different relationships between teammates and these to have impact inside the pitch as chemistry can be good or bad; if a player doen't link with the team, he plays bad, no matter how good he is.

This would add so much more depth to career mode, as currently the only thing that matters when signing a player is rating and age. With this, we would have to look for players with the right profile that fits the team. In real life, there have been so many good players who simply didn't fit in their teams, so in career all these cases should happen.
  • CaptainJack13
    JPG wrote: »
    Add chemistry to career mode so there are more factors when deciding signings and also you can see partnerships like Messi with Neymar. Players should prefer some formations and styles above others, players who have already played in the league or are from the same country should be able to adapt better than foreign players. When a player is homesick one solution could be to sign another player for the same country. When players play together in several matches, there should be a stronger link between them, this can be seen in defensive partnerships such as Bonucci and Chiellini; when you put two players who have never played together there should be a lack of coordination between them. Also when using players out of their positions, they should feel out of place and confused (this is where position training comes into play). Also, there should be different relationships between teammates and these to have impact inside the pitch as chemistry can be good or bad; if a player doen't link with the team, he plays bad, no matter how good he is.

This would add so much more depth to career mode, as currently the only thing that matters when signing a player is rating and age. With this, we would have to look for players with the right profile that fits the team. In real life, there have been so many good players who simply didn't fit in their teams, so in career all these cases should happen.

Quality suggestion @JPG! Doubt EA will ever be bothered to go into that much depth though.
  • EA, Career Mode is how it all began FIFA. I find Ultimate Team Boring. To be honest with you I'd rather you license some more stadiums and sell packs as DLC. ICONS or Legends should be available to play in Career Mode as well. Why would I spend the money to only be able to use them in Ultimate team and that's if there in that pack. It's nonsense. Sell these legends as DLC if money is the issue and allow gamers to use them as they want. Sure we want to make career mode as realistic as possible but don't forget that FIFA is a game and EA should not lose that aspect of it also. PES is all about customization with all the licensing that FIFA has why not allow users to customize leagues, stadiums, coaches, players births etc. let the gamers do what they want with the game too. EA should focus on scanning more players around the world, adding more stadiums from other countries, and focusing on all the same requests people have been posting for the past decade. Although your moving in the right direction, It's time you make it happen and expand your teams.

• Hobbstar148
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA wont do anything to career mode, as thats not where they get there money. If it wasnt about money ultimate team wouldnt exist
  • 1) more real faces. I hate the generic ones. or if not real faces make them actually look more real fs
    2) id like to see more description in the manager stats on what you silverwear you win. I.e. Instead of saying league titles won, it should say FA Premier League x2, La Liga X1 and what years you won them etc
    3) overall stats for your players not just for a season, and what honours they have won too
    4) classic stadiums as dlc

Thanks x
  • freakjas
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Would be dope if you could somehow improve the skill moves etc of a player, same goes for workrates.
    just found an 18 yo striker with 98 pace but 1*wf,1* skills and high defensive workrates while he only has medium offensive wr.
    Gonna be pretty useless