FIFA 18 Career Mode Changes

CaptainJack13
494 posts Sunday League Hero
I could probably write a book on changes and additions that need to be made to career mode for FIFA 18 but I will try to shorten this post slightly ( the key word being try :D ).

Manager Career:

- You should be able to be the actual manager of the team for Premier League clubs. What's the point in adding managers into the game if they just disappear if you manage that team? I'd much rather be Jurgen Klopp than some random generic manager.
- Creating a manager should be the same as creating a player. Then at least you could make the manager look vaguely like you.
- Managers should wear club colours. Why does Arsene Wenger have a tie with blue stripes on it? I also don't see why for licensed clubs they can't add the actual tracksuits into the game (for managers and staff/players on the bench).
- Press conferences need to be meaningful. I'm not saying they need to be like the ones in The Journey where you actually do an interview, but the current ones are literally pointless.
- Perhaps in the same way as The Journey, you're comments in press conferences could increase/decrease your 'rating' with different people (players/fans/board/media/etc.)
- You need to be able to train far more players per week than five. I think squad training should be added as well as player training. That way you could add things for the whole squad/different groups to work on. Then have player training as well to give individuals extra work.
- You need to get proper reports on how your loaned out players are performing. For example, if I loan out a player from a PL club to the Championship, I want to be able to see how they have been performing in the Championship. As far as I am aware, the only way to see your loaned players' stats is to go on the squad report. This only shows stats for the competitions your club is competing in. Therefore, if a player is not playing in the same league as the parent club, you can only see their stats for cup competitions. And if they are in a different country then you can't see anything except their attributes.
- U23 and Youth teams need to be added as if is so frustrating when you have younger players with high potentials sitting in the reserves not improving as much as they could be. These games could be summed but you could get match reports so you could see which players are performing well, etc.
- When you scout a player it would be cool if you could get reports on how the player has been performing at their current club (as happens in real life). The scouts could advise you as to whether the player would be a good fit for the club and what the stronger/weaker areas of their game are rather than (or as well as) just revealing all their stats.
- The crowd behaviour needs to be greatly improved. For example, leaving early if the team is losing heavily, emptier ground if the team is on a bad run, noticeable increase in crowd volume if the team is losing/drawing in the latter stages of the game.
- You should be able to select a Club Captain and also a Vice-Captain. This would mean your captain would always have the armband when they were on the pitch, even if they've come off the bench.
- You should be able to interact with players at any time during the career mode. I guess similarly to praising/motivating a player in a "press conference" but in more depth. The fact that you get emails from players is stupid.
- Injuries need to be improved in terms of realism. First of all, I think that physios and stretchers need to be added to the game for more serious injuries (obviously these cinematics could be skipped if people don't want to sit through it). Also, it is so annoying when a player gets injured in a game but doesn't have to be substituted and they play the rest of the game with the cross next to them and then you get n email after the game saying they have a sprained ankle and will be out for 3 weeks. If the injury was that bad, how did they just play over an hour with it? :s
- Also, when a player is returning from injury, they should regain match fitness and sharpness from actually playing matches rather than just training. It is unrealistic for a player who has been out for 3 months, for example, to be 100% match fit and sharp without playing any matches. This is another reason why having an U23/Reserve team would be good as it would allow players who have had substantial injury lay-offs to regain match fitness and sharpness.
- It is a bit annoying if, like myself, you like to have player appearances (e.g. boots) up to date in career mode. The edit player feature is obviously good as it means you can change players boots during the season. However, it would be good if EA could make an appearance update which is separate from squad updates as even I would not go through all the players in a league updating their boots. This would mean that the appearance update would be separate from attributes updates and could therefore be applied to career mode. This would also mean that the November face update could be applied to existing career modes and people wouldn't have to re-start to have the new starheads. I'm not sure if this would be possible but I don't see why i wouldn't be.
- Also, the sleeve badges and numbers on kits should change for the league you are in (e.g. Premier League and Championship badges and numbers are different).

These are some of the main things that I think would improve career mode but obviously there are loads more things that need to be changed. Of course EA will undoubtedly ignore career mode yet again for FIFA 18. If anyone has bothered to read any of this, thanks :)

Comments

• if you go to FM SiGames forum and ask them to buy playing engine you dont need to try that hard hehehe
  • I dont like the rotation of squad from CPU, you play against ManU and Pogba, Rooney, Martial, etc. all on the bench, contracts are not based as are in FM where the status (First Team, Rotation) defines how much games they get and defines how pushy players will be for 1st team playing, its **** that player with rating 55-65 demands 1st team play in Premier Leauge or Primera Division that is 80 rated and dont get me into simulating matches......hahahaha

• AJFrice
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Good to see that you probably spent more time writing your comment than EA do every year when it comes to improving career mode. CM is a joke and always will be unless EA get their heads out their **** and give back to the CM community. How many threads and comments do we have to post until they finally realize how **** their game is. Stop caring about FUT and make a proper game. :)
  • Cooler08
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 13
    What's really needed in CM is;

- Team ID, so teams have a unique playing style. This way, lower league teams and low to mid tier PL teams won't knock the ball around like Barca.
    - A revamp of the AI and the whole system used to determine the difficulty of each match, so you don't have a bunch of matches where the CPU team doesn't turn up, like in Fifa 17.
    - Much better balanced difficulty levels, so legendary is challenging.
    - Removal of the rubberband AI. So your own players abilties don't get nerfed to give the CPU team an unfair advantage.
    - Greater customization to add more variety and immersion to the mode.
    - More variety and depth in CM in general. For example, in a Press Conference, if you praise the opposition, it says the same thing each time in the news section "[team name] have the perfect balance".
    - More variety in the commentary. For example, when Alan Smith is talking about your teams next match he says the same thing nearly every time "It's got a good feeling about it the next match. I look forward to watching it from the gantry".
    - Realistic finances based on promotions and where the team finished in the table last season.
    - Realistic transfer logic i.e. clubs only buy players that they need.
    - Bug fixes.

• StarWars
    67 posts Park Captain
    MJD85 wrote: »

I sent it and shared this petition on Twitter. I am all for this.
  • My biggest change requests are 1) the badge on the arm changing as teams develop 2) Adding the Asian Champions League in. With the Hyundai A-League, K-League, J1 League, Saudi League, and probably the Chinese Super League, surely they'd include it. 3) Individual player stats that last longer than a season. If i sign a player, i want to know how many career games they've played, goals they've scored etc. If i sign a youth player, i want to track their stats over the years
  • SACanuckinOz
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In player career mode, I'd like to see the option to
    1. be signed for a specific contract duration,
    2. renew your contract at the end of the contract, and
    3. negotiate a higher salary when you negotiate this
    4. Ability to be picked as captain of team when more senior member
    5. at start of career first come on as a substitute (the first part of game can be simulated), as this is more realistic
    6. The ability to export my player character to the "Creat/Edit player" screen to use for manager mode

In manager career mode, I'd like to see
    1. better options to customize appearance and clothing (that suit looks like it was bought at Walmart)
    2. ability to negotiate contract duration and salary
    3. ability to play as player manager
  • MJD85
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    StarWars wrote: »

Thank you m8
  • StarWars
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited January 18
    StarWars wrote: »

Thank you m8

Your welcome we can only try.
    Post edited by StarWars on
  • StarWars
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited January 18

Please watch these videos please. And also take in everyone in this threads ideas thank you. @Rob
  • DiBinni72
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I hope Donald will fix EA and make FiFa great again.......
  • awesomeSam7
    51 posts Park Captain
    I wish they could add more crowd chants, the same boring ones that no one uses in real life are put onto Football League clubs.
  • I wish they could add more crowd chants, the same boring ones that no one uses in real life are put onto Football League clubs.

Talking of chants, they seem to chant "Sh*t!, sh*t!, sh*t!"
  • 10th4r
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've never been able to decipher what the Man Utd fans are chanting. To my ears it could be "Chelsea" or "Penalty" but somehow I doubt it!
  • The league logo on the arm of the kit not changing when teams get promoted is the worst thing for me. It's so annoying.
  • CaptainJack13
    494 posts Sunday League Hero
    van_Pommel wrote: »
    The league logo on the arm of the kit not changing when teams get promoted is the worst thing for me. It's so annoying.

Something else I noticed when I was playing at St. James' Park (Newcastle) in the second season of my Liverpool career was that the advertising boards don't change when a team goes from the Championship into the PL. For all the teams in the PL, the advertising boards at their grounds have the PL graphics on them but at St. James' Park the PL graphics never appeared during the game. Surely it's pretty simple to add them in?
  • On a player career mode show them coming off the coach into the stadium to the changing rooms to get dressed out of your suit into your football kit then show what your manager says in changing rooms then show players in tunnel getting ready to walk out make the jerseys real with the team badge and everything also when your in different competitions change the side badge so like if your in premier league show the premier league badge if your in champions league show the champions league badge or if youve the champions league make a badge of how many times you have won it change the badge in every competition also on player career after some matches let the players and manager do interviews and when a team gets relegated or not doing well change the managers n sack the one whats not doing well and when you go to stadiums with a sound box like chelsea play blue is the colour like real life matches same with manchester united when your at old trafford play glory glory man united or when you in champions league play the champions league anthem make women leagues and women career modes aswell but also when your doing international show your team singing there national anthem and in interviews who ever is doing it show them giving man of the match to who ever got it
  • Littleqdon wrote: »
    On a player career mode show them coming off the coach into the stadium to the changing rooms to get dressed out of your suit into your football kit then show what your manager says in changing rooms then show players in tunnel getting ready to walk out make the jerseys real with the team badge and everything also when your in different competitions change the side badge so like if your in premier league show the premier league badge if your in champions league show the champions league badge or if youve the champions league make a badge of how many times you have won it change the badge in every competition also on player career after some matches let the players and manager do interviews and when a team gets relegated or not doing well change the managers n sack the one whats not doing well and when you go to stadiums with a sound box like chelsea play blue is the colour like real life matches same with manchester united when your at old trafford play glory glory man united or when you in champions league play the champions league anthem make women leagues and women career modes aswell but also when your doing international show your team singing there national anthem and in interviews who ever is doing it show them giving man of the match to who ever got it also on player career mode show your player watching the match from the bench if you did not start then come on as a substitute
  • On a player career mode show them coming off the coach into the stadium to the changing rooms to get dressed out of your suit into your football kit then show what your manager says in changing rooms then show players in tunnel getting ready to walk out make the jerseys real with the team badge and everything also when your in different competitions change the side badge so like if your in premier league show the premier league badge if your in champions league show the champions league badge or if youve the champions league make a badge of how many times you have won it change the badge in every competition also on player career after some matches let the players and manager do interviews and when a team gets relegated or not doing well change the managers n sack the one whats not doing well and when you go to stadiums with a sound box like chelsea play blue is the colour like real life matches same with manchester united when your at old trafford play glory glory man united or when you in champions league play the champions league anthem make women leagues and women career modes aswell but also when your doing international show your team singing there national anthem and in interviews who ever is doing it show them giving man of the match to who ever got it
    Littleqdon wrote: »
    Littleqdon wrote: »
    On a player career mode show them coming off the coach into the stadium to the changing rooms to get dressed out of your suit into your football kit then show what your manager says in changing rooms then show players in tunnel getting ready to walk out make the jerseys real with the team badge and everything also when your in different competitions change the side badge so like if your in premier league show the premier league badge if your in champions league show the champions league badge or if youve the champions league make a badge of how many times you have won it change the badge in every competition also on player career after some matches let the players and manager do interviews and when a team gets relegated or not doing well change the managers n sack the one whats not doing well and when you go to stadiums with a sound box like chelsea play blue is the colour like real life matches same with manchester united when your at old trafford play glory glory man united or when you in champions league play the champions league anthem make women leagues and women career modes aswell but also when your doing international show your team singing there national anthem and in interviews who ever is doing it show them giving man of the match to who ever got it also on player career mode show your player watching the match from the bench if you did not start then come on as a substitute also show the back staff
  • henryclay1844
    580 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA Career Mode is the worst career mode of any major sports game. The only year they did anything other than a minimal effort was in 16, every other year on this gen has been disgraceful. Show some effort, have some passion, have some pride.

1. Fix the logic of transfers and team-building. Teams sometimes sell all keepers, or buy 10 forwards. The coding needs improved.

2. Youth teams and reserves. No more excuses, get them in. The Journey shows it can be done.

3. Actual customization for coaches, pre-set avatars are an insult. Must also bring in team and stadium creation. No excuses.

4. Media interactions, press conferences. The current system is an embarrassment. Was fine in the journey.

5. Stats. No game does less with stats or tracks less. Step up your game.

At the rate EA work it would take them 20 years to match what top sports games have in their career modes. Play NBA2k or MLB the show, they blow FIFA out of the water. I don't have much hope they will change in 18, but all you can do is ask them to.
  • Club and league season and all time records.

I want to know if my players are the all time leading scorers of my club or league.

At the moment it can't even show how many goals/appearances etc from season to season, which is really disappointing
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1001 posts Professional
    Every year is the same topic about how to make Career Mode great again!
    But there are no changes or responds from EA.

I have decided for myself that I will not buy FIFA 18 at the start of selling if there well be no great changes. I will buy it only on Christmas sell when the price will be discounted. And I advise you to do the same.
  • AJFrice wrote: »
    Good to see that you probably spent more time writing your comment than EA do every year when it comes to improving career mode. CM is a joke and always will be unless EA get their heads out their **** and give back to the CM community. How many threads and comments do we have to post until they finally realize how **** their game is. Stop caring about FUT and make a proper game. :)

probably we should stop buying the game each year for a while, and then somebody would understand (although there is no guarantee here).
  • BistroXII
    1738 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not buying the game would achieve little. FUT is FIFA and if a few people don't buy the game because of CM no one will care. I like CM but also play a lot of FUT and Seasons but many, many people want to play online and never touch CM. It's sad to say but in future there might not even be offline options in FIFA and many other games. People want to play online and for many single player is just boring.

The reality is that FUT is where the money is for EA and being a company they dedicate more time to the profitable part of their business. And people might not like it but CM is not a draw card for people buying FIFA.
  • SACanuckinOz
    Do we know that for sure?
    BistroXII wrote: »
    And people might not like it but CM is not a draw card for people buying FIFA.

Do we know that for sure? I mean is there statistics that confirm that the majority of people prefer online play ONLY. I myself doubt that very much, as I have seen in many other gaming franchises (Skyrim, Dark Souls, etc.) that many people actually object to the "intrusion" of online play. So I believe that the single player community is actually alive and well, but unfortunately:
    1. Not vocal enough. Online crowds are well known for whiny "gimme" type of screaming in forums, and unfortunately EA choose to listen to them because of...
    2. Not a source of ongoing revenue - probably the biggest driver in being ignored. FUT generates cash through tryhards buying pack to improve their squads, while CM rewards are "earned" by playing the game. Perhaps they should introduce DLC packs for boots, original kits etc. at a cost, and while I will hate it, it might drive some additional revenue which will influence EA to spend some more effort

So, that's my take. CM players spend money once, FUT players keep buying more stuff.
    Change CM/single player to add a few (or many) items that they can charge a few dollars for, and it might revive the CM development.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1001 posts Professional
    BistroXII wrote: »
    The reality is that FUT is where the money is for EA and being a company they dedicate more time to the profitable part of their business. And people might not like it but CM is not a draw card for people buying FIFA.

Actually it is possible to make CM in the same manner like FUT with a possibility for EA to earn additional money. I mean not exactly like FUT but just with options to earn money. CM has in-game money like FUT. And to earn it you can play well or spend your real money.
    But this feature is only if CM will be good enough, of course.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1001 posts Professional
    Perhaps they should introduce DLC packs for boots, original kits etc. at a cost, and while I will hate it, it might drive some additional revenue which will influence EA to spend some more effort

So, that's my take. CM players spend money once, FUT players keep buying more stuff.
    Change CM/single player to add a few (or many) items that they can charge a few dollars for, and it might revive the CM development.

So think I. This is my idea too.
    And it would be better if CM will be issued as separate game. It was proposed here early.
  • henryclay1844
    580 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why is it that NBA2k and MLB the Show can have their cash-grab modes and also deliver a robust Career Mode? Why is it that the Witcher can be the most successful game without cash-grabbing micro-transactions? If you want to play FUT, have at, but there is no way EA should continue to think they are doing an acceptable job with career mode.
  • SACanuckinOz
    There are so many improvements that could be made....

Just a few suggestions:
    1. It would be great if the commentary could recognize last season's achievements in the major competitions (i.e. if you've won the Champion's Cup, you should be referred to as "last season's champion"). can't be that difficult to program
    2. If a player is "homesick", the clubs showing interest should really be appropriate (e.g. I have a Spanish player in the Italian league affected by "homesickness". Silly, but ok. But the news reports are all about other Italian clubs showing interest...) Surely this is completely unrealistic. At least instert names from the players home country. How difficult can that be to program?
    3. Add in some form of squad briefing ability. As in, for the start of season friendly tournament, when you want to trial some younger players or new purchases, have a way to "brief" or inform the existing squad, so that they don't your usual self-pitying rubbish of sending you emails about not feeling valued or "not what I was promised". You should think that a top player, just fresh of winning the Euro League/Champion's Cup would enjoy a few weeks of rest before the proper season kicks of. Again, this is easy to program, and a more realistic reflection of real squad and player behaviour

Come on EA, please step up and get these minor annoyances sorted out. I can't think it would take more than an hour to program