Glitchy gameplay (with video evidence)

fdemey
154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited April 27
Please have a look at this.

The video demonstrates several weird movement & shooting mechanics in fifa.
I wanted my striker to take an instant shot so I pressed shoot before the ball got to him.

Look how he doesn't run to the ball. Notice how often his feet switch or lag in mid-movement. The last step before the shot is just hilarious. Finally notice how some of the steps barely move the player forward while the rest of his posture inidicate he's running fast.

What should have been an easy shot on goal turned out to be a real adventure....
Post edited by fdemey on

Comments

• fdemey
    2 days later and another weird scenario.
    Mind that I only pick the situation where multiple things go wrong.

Look at the movement of the central striker. It's just silly. He closes down the space instead of providing an option.
    Secondly, the Arsenal defender headbutts me off the ball. As clear as an obstruction foul can be. Foul not given....

These little things happen so often and they are really detrimental to good gameplay.
  • fdemey
    For the record: I'm the white team so this isn't a rant about losing in the final minute.

90th minute, 1-1 (2-2) aggregate, corner to Barcelona. If either team scores, they win. Otherwise it's overtime.

Why are all the Barcelona players in my box? There is zero defensive cover for a counter in the last minute of the game. And they don't even need to score to go to overtime. That would never ever happen in real life.
    To make it even worse, look at the reaction of the Barcelona backline when my defender clears the corner. They either stand still for several seconds over even move in the opposite direction of the ball. That is just ridiculously bad game coding.

• fdemey

First the teammate keeps running right in front of me. Not the best situation but it happens (rarely) in real life too.

But a few seconds later, the game forgets where the ball is. My player can't touch it and then he moves his foot right through the ball!
  • MacDaddy
    571 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 17
    Lol my players go **** like that at times too lol lol
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • rsclaret
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 29
    i wonder if this game is suffering from issues that Pes had until recently? New shooting options for low shot and headed down shot giving the AI more to think about, resulting in a delay with the instant reactions that we've had up until this year. a lot of situations where a player will chest the ball when the controller is desperately trying to hit 1st time.
  • 10th4r
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    fdemey wrote: »
    ... a few seconds later, the game forgets where the ball is. My player can't touch it and then he moves his foot right through the ball!

I've scored when the opposition goalkeeper - and apparently all the defenders - forgot that the ball was at the goalkeeper's feet. If you do it right you can move it away from his feet before he can robo-snatch at lightning speed it with his hands, and then score.

I've also conceded when my keeper parried the ball straight up waaaaaaaaaay up in the air from just off the goal line, and then walked right into goal and stood looking at the stands whilst an attacker casually sauntered up and gently headed the ball in when it came back down.

• fdemey

A floating player!

I know it's a free kick but what if I want to take it quickly?
  • 10th4r
    I've seen some players moved around a bit like that, but never more than a few yards.
  • SuPeRz
    797 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 2
    Watch pique take five steps to Messi's two so he can prevent a breakaway:

Post edited by SuPeRz on
  • 10th4r
    Yeah, I see a lot of that too! Half the time it's my player and I think "where the heck did he come from?" Then I look at the replay and the opponent's putting in at least twice as many steps as my player is for half a second or more.
  • SuPeRz
    Ever thought you were defending really good and that you had all the angles covered? But then someone shoots from way outside, scores and you're left wondering where the f... the ball passed?

Sigh!
  • footballfan
    58 posts Park Captain
    edited February 3
    SuPeRz wrote: »
    Ever thought you were defending really good and that you had all the angles covered? But then someone shoots from way outside, scores and you're left wondering where the f... the ball passed?

Sigh!
    lol!
    Happened to me multiple times in fifa 16.Nice capture
  • fdemey
    Indeed, it's often better to pass a ball backwards than to try dribbling through a crowded penaltybox.
    Happens in real life too but.... there are a few angles that almost guarantee a goal. At the very least you get a corner kick.
  • gia
    2559 posts Fans' Favourite

Sigh!
    well to be honest, if there are no handballs called balls should just go through the arms.
    Are you really complaining that your Piqué didn't stop that shot with his hand?
  • footballfan
    58 posts Park Captain
    edited February 3
    gia wrote: »

Sigh!
    well to be honest, if there are no handballs called balls should just go through the arms.

i have conceded goals where ball goes through the leg or boot,but didn't capture it.One of those moments where fifa decides it's a goal,doesn't matter if you have defenders blocking the shot
  • SuPeRz

Sigh!

No where in that post was a complaint... But surely you can't be defending the terrible clipping in this game as a deliberate feature?
  • SuPeRz
    edited February 3

Sigh!

i have conceded goals where ball goes through the leg or boot,but didn't capture it.One of those moments where fifa decides it's a goal,doesn't matter if you have defenders blocking the shot

Exactly! It was just another 90th minute fiasco!
  • fdemey
    Another day, another fault.
    Not a game mechanics but a referee mechanics one this time.

How is this not a foul? The game obviously registers that the defender doesn't touch the ball. Then why doesn't the referee to give a foul?

• fdemey
    edited February 3
    Same game, just minutes later. Again a clear foul, again not given. Please notice how the ref doesn't raise his hands to signal advantage. The foul just didn't register.

Post edited by fdemey on
  • 10th4r

I'd say so, because a defender who (illegally, IIRC) charges my free kicks leading with his elbow blocks my free kick if the ball contacts his elbow.

• 10th4r
    Same game, just minutes later. Again a clear foul, again not given. Pleasenotice how the ref doesn't raise his hands for signal advantage. The foul just didn't register.

There are lots of dodgy refereeing decisions, including players being yellow carded for being taken down by a tackler.

I think some of the problems are because what we see on screen is only an approximate rendering of the underlying model, and there are differences between the two. There are also periods (entire games sometimes) where the refs seem to be heavily biased, perhaps as one means to make the game easier/harder for one team.
  • SuPeRz
    10th4r wrote: »

I'd say so, because a defender who (illegally, IIRC) charges my free kicks leading with his elbow blocks my free kick if the ball contacts his elbow.
    Spot on!
  • SuPeRz

Sigh!

How about now?

• fdemey
    Good example indeed. Clearly the game has decided that Manchester has to score.
    Never in real life would Pique take his foot away, let alone a ball going through his ankle....
  • fdemey
    edited February 5
    Another common mistake is ball assignment. When a certain cpu controlled player has the ball and you try to take it from him, it's impossible to do so.

Example in the video. My teammate has the ball but knocks it quite long so i try to take over. However the cpu hasn't given the order to pass the ball to me. So now it's impossible for me to get the ball. Notice how the ball moves through my foot. It's only when the cpu passes the ball to me, that I can touch it.

I've seen this happen several times before.
  • footballfan
    58 posts Park Captain
    Another common mistake is ball assignment. When a certain cpu controlled player has the ball and you try to take it from him, it's impossible to do so.

Example in the video. My teammate has the ball but knocks it quite long so i try to take over. However the cpu hasn't given the order to pass the ball to me. So now it's impossible for me to get the ball. Notice how the ball moves through my foot. It's only when the cpu passes the ball to me, that I can touch it.

I've seen this happen several times before.

seems like game doesn't have any real ball physics
  • footballfan
    58 posts Park Captain
    edited July 17
    explain this **** ea
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    5780 posts Big Money Move

A floating player!

I know it's a free kick but what if I want to take it quickly?

I died when I saw this. The game mechanics are just so bad.
  • fdemey
    edited February 15
    Dortmund defending on a cross.

I'm guessing Dortmund uses zonal defence, otherwise it's very lazy man marking. Vidal, who scores, is covered by CB Bartra but is then taken over by the RB, Guerrero who barely makes an effort. Meanwhile Reus is covering, I guess Sanchez who could make a run. Why Reus is defending there and Bender, number 6, is at the bottom of the screen is bizarre. But even so, Bender is just standing there.

I'm controlling Dembele, who tries to block a cross so there's not much I can do about the positioning of my other players. I didn't ask for an additional defender to step up so everyone should be in place. Meanwhile my opponent is controlling Robben and not directing the attacking runs of his other players.

This is a clear example of FIFA deciding things. Neither of the human players is in control about what happens in the penalty box. Fifa decides Vidal will make a run and none of my players will pick him up. Free header and goal.

P.S. Notice how Bender at the bottom of the screen is glitching, stepping forward and backward a few times in quick succession.
  • fdemey
    edited April 5
    Seriously, wtf!

No one in real life would even consider heading that cross. This is another example of bad game mechanics.
    Post edited by fdemey on